PDA

View Full Version : AND THAT my friends, is why you NEVER count this team out

Preacher
12-07-2008, 07:36 PM
The title says it all.

You NEVER count this team out. When we have a QB that can do what he can do. WHen we have a D. that can do what it needs to do.

We just DO NOT count out this team.

Mcgee
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
What a game.

Edman
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
They shut me up. Again.

jjpro11
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
another classic

STEELtownHAVOX
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I was a little nervous for a minute, but thankfully our D was on point the whole game and Ben and crew stepped up when needed the most.

The Duke
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Ben is a winner

The defense is a winner

This is a winning team :tt03:

steelpride12
Team effort in the end as everyone played hard, Ben tied it and the defense finished. That is a super bowl finish right there ladies and gents!

X-Terminator
Wow. I honestly had doubt that they'd be able to pull it out, but they proved me wrong once again.

I'll take my crow raw, thanks. I deserve it.

Tankus_Maximus
12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
GREAT GAME!!!!!

WAY TO STEP UP AFTER LOOKIN LIKE CRAP O-LINE!!!!!

kmsteelerwr15
12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
this team is worth every heart attack they may give me

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

SteelCurtain7
12-07-2008, 07:41 PM
The title says it all.

You NEVER count this team out. When we have a QB that can do what he can do. WHen we have a D. that can do what it needs to do.

Amen, Preacher!!!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

Today's my Cowboys-fan brother's bday. I decided not to bring up the game too much around him--you can choose your own friends, but you're stuck with your relatives, right? :D

What a pick-six by Deshea Townsend. Oh man...I said to myself, "If Romo dares throw here instead of handing off to Tashard Choice (who had a monster game for the 'Boys, and to whom I must give mad props), then he deserves to be picked."

Voila, here you go, Steel Curtain country!!!!!!!!!!! :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree.

Was it pretty? Hell no it wasn't.

Was it a win? Hell yes it was.

Does the offense have problems? Yes, it does have problems. But in absolute crunch time, the offense came through.

It would help if we had a healthy Willie Parker. I think everyone can tell he's not quite right.

Also, I gotta give props to the Dallas defense. They were being kinda knocked as not physical but they sure showed today that they are a very physical defense.

VTsteel
12-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Great win today. The 'boys played well and we earned every inch in that game. 'Tis truly a game of attrition.

Preacher
12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey...

If ANYONE said they weren't worried... they would be lying!!!!

I was just about assured that they wouldn't make it... but I ALSO know that the Steelers ALWAYS have the ability to win.

Mordax
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
i had my doubts after the 'girls TD in the 3rd. turned the volume down a bit on the tv and started to only half watch the game...

...thank god i didn't turn it off!! wow, what a team.

Edman
12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Wow. I honestly had doubt that they'd be able to pull it out, but they proved me wrong once again.

I'll take my crow raw, thanks. I deserve it.

I'll second that.

LVSteelersfan
12-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Gotta love that Defense. If Arians is still here next year, I will not believe it. They kept trying to do the same thing over and over and over and it WASN'T WORKING. Get a clue moron. If our offense played even halfway decent, we would blow everyone out. I love this team but they drive me freakin crazy sometimes.

PisnNapalm
12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
All I can say is, I'm grateful for the defense. More than grateful...

I need a nap, I'm exhausted.

Sharkissle29
12-07-2008, 07:53 PM
They shut me up. Again.

Same here. I was one to throw in the towel early. I think this may have been because this is the first, and let me repeat, LAST time i bet in a steelers game. The extra stress wasnt worth the $100 i won.

lilyoder6
12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
big play nate came up huge 4 us

GridironWarrior
12-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm still not happy with this O. The D and Special teams gave them 5 turnovers and couldn't do anything.

Jaquila
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
wow i just went through the whole Rollercoaster.

First I was excited about the game.

Troy interception and i was fired up.

Scoreless game but i felt that our D could keep on going until our O got on track.

FG to lead 3-0 and i felt like we were about to take this game slowly.

3Q I saw it all fall apart even our D looked like they were about to give up for a second.

Then I was about to cry because of the frustration about our O.

Then I got hope back when we got that 4th down conversion.

Then I started yelling and crying in happiness because we cameback.

Then when we got the INT for a TD i exploded in happiness and went crazy.

When the Cowboys went 4 and out and we kneeled it home, I felt relief.....WOW

Busforever
12-07-2008, 07:57 PM
I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. That's all I have to say.

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
wow i just went through the whole Rollercoaster.

First i was excited about the game.

Troy interception and i was fired up.

Scoreless game but i felt that our D could keep on going until out O got on track.

FG to lead 3-0 and i felt like we were about to take this game slowly.

3Q i saw it all fall apart even our D looked like they were about to give up for a second.

Then i was about to cry because of the frustration about our O.

Then got hope back when we got that 4th down conversion.

Then i started yelling and crying in happiness because we cameback.

Then i when we got the INT for a TD i exploded in happiness and went crazy.

When the Cowboys went 4 and out and we kneeled it home, i felt relief.....WOW

Although I stayed positive in the gameday thread, I was PISSED with about 10 minutes to go with us trailing 13-3, gotta admit.

ShutDown24
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
That felt like a playoff game.

ben7
12-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I took my jersey off and ran out into the snowy front yard here in Canada in nothing but my shorts

The Duke
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I took my jersey off and ran out into the snowy front yard here in Canada in nothing but my shorts

now THAT is being a fan :tt03:

scsteeler
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
The title says it all.

Yes and no matter if we win out you will still hear some complain about how bad the Steelers are. I remember another team the Ravens that won a super bowl doing the same thing the Steelers are doing now. Playing Great Defense.

You gotta love this team. I know I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preacher
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Although I stayed positive in the gameday thread, I was PISSED with about 10 minutes to go with us trailing 13-3, gotta admit.

:hatsoff:

And that, I think, is the source of my frustration in these threads. We all get ticked, we all get mad. However, you temper it here.

Much appreciated.

Gotta admit... When Colon fell down and allowed the rush to come in and stop us going into the endzone, I thought we were goners.

stillers4me
12-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I just got back from the ER.

They had to restart my heart. :tt03:

Jaquila
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
:hatsoff:

And that, I think, is the source of my frustration in these threads. We all get ticked, we all get mad. However, you temper it here.

Much appreciated.

Gotta admit... When Colon fell down and allowed the rush to come in and stop us going into the endzone, I thought we were goners.

theres nothing wrong with getting ticked when it all looks bad.
I got frustrated, because it pissed me off to see such a great D giving so much and then watching the O giving so little back AND i am not a Ben hater. i love the guy. I love our O because we got really talented players on the offense and we have seen them doing really good things.
I know the O can do better than that, and that is why i got frustrated during the game today, because they almost threw away the game just like againts Giants and Colts.

however now i just feel like celebrating this win and i really hope this comeback win will affect the offense positive for the Baltimore game, cause we really need them to be better against the Ravens than they were today.
Not worried about the D. they just keep on shutting everyone down.
Gratz on the win boys. GO STEELERS:tt03:

meelanova
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
^^ Same here.

CanadianSteel
12-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Reminded me very much of the Baltimore game, but our defence was even better ! I thought the offense may have turned for the better after last weeks good performance in NE.
Tough game next week and we will need the Offense to carry some of the load... great win None the less....
Oh ya our Punter still sucks !!
:tt02:

markymarc
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM
The entire team made plays in the 4th quarter to win this game. Who would have thought that after 13 games we would have a 10-3 record. Another big win for this Steelers.

Frankie3521
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM
i love Pittsburgh football!

Preacher
12-08-2008, 01:27 AM
The entire team made plays in the 4th quarter to win this game. Who would have thought that after 13 games we would have a 10-3 record. Another big win for this Steelers.

Yes, the defense held us in the game. Howwever, when we needed it, the Offense came in and moved the ball not once, but twice down the field to put up 20 points in that fourth quarter. Actually, they moved it 3 times. We were also playing against a HECK of a defense.

So I am pretty happy right now.

I am happy also, because again we know that this team is NEVER out of a game.

I'll tell you this much. THe old smash mouth team of the late 90's would have NEVER been able t make a comback like this. They didn't have the quick strike long strike ability that we had.

steelwall
12-08-2008, 02:10 AM
This is why I love football. These rollar coaster games are intense. Get's the blood pumping.

lardlad
12-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Yes and no matter if we win out you will still hear some complain about how bad the Steelers are. I remember another team the Ravens that won a super bowl doing the same thing the Steelers are doing now. Playing Great Defense.

You gotta love this team. I know I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only argument is that as bad as our O was today I think everyone would have to agree we are at least a shade better than the 2000 Ravens offense. I think this defense is every bit as good and our offense is considerably better.

steel striker
12-08-2008, 08:58 AM
What a game I stil cringe when we have 3rd and 1 or short because, we really struggle to get that 1 tough yard. The defense is amazing and, Ben and the offense made plays when it counted. Plus our special teams came through except the punter of course. It was not looking good late in the third qtr but, our guys turned it around. Again a great game man my throat is sore from yelling at the end of the game. lol

Hines4ever
12-08-2008, 09:18 AM
this team is worth every heart attack they may give me

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

No kidding.....I seriously had tremendous pains in my chest!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!

klick81
12-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I hope the team takes this experience with them for the rest of the season because they never gave up. With this defense, anything is possible.

memphissteelergirl
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, Preacher...the title DOES say it all!

Great teams find a way to win, and that's just what happened yesterday! :applaudit::tt03:

But it is impertive that the offense have it together for the Ratbirds Sunday...their D looked nasty yesterday against the Redskins.

Shane Oliver
12-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Man, I'll tell you WHAT!!!!

Damn good game yesterday... I about passed the hell out!

GO STEELERS!

And I agree with Memphis - this swiss cheese O-line crap has GOT to GO.

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
w/ the way the ravens have been playing they better bring the last 9 min or so from this game into that game.. it will be tough