PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo is god!!!!

cowboykilla
12-07-2008, 06:55 PM
We are the best team in the league.:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

revefsreleets
12-07-2008, 07:01 PM
He's a poor mans Big Ben. Romo has a booboo, Ben has 14 injuries on his eyeball that are worse...

43Hitman
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Our defense won despite Ben and the offensive line. I know it sounds like I'm hating but reality is a mofo. Ben did make a great throw to Miller and Miller made up for his early turnover. But the offensive was played horrible tonight and Ben held the ball to long on several occasions.

Glace
12-07-2008, 07:07 PM
I was a little angry when we got the "Tuck Rule".....Homo had no intention of throwing that one pass, the ball slipped out of his hand...should be a fumble. It wasn't as bad as when Tom Brady touched the ball with his left hand in that rediculous "Tuck Rule" call....but something in the rules needs to change.

scsteeler
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Our defense won despite Ben and the offensive line. I know it sounds like I'm hating but reality is a mofo. Ben did make a great throw to Miller and Miller made up for his early turnover. But the offensive was played horrible tonight and Ben held the ball to long on several occasions.

I think the O-line is playing pretty good. If you look at the game film on the majority of plays Ben has 3-4 seconds and that is considered good. Yes the o-line has broken down on some plays lately but overall I think they are doing a good job. I don't know if it is play calling or execution that has caused out Offense to stink the place up some but something needs to change. The lack of a consistent running game has really hurt us and that may be the problem! One last thing if parker makes the right cut on some of his runs they turn into big plays. The O-line should not shoulder the blame for everything.

The key thing is We got the Win and that is the most important thing.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm still waiting for Romo to actually win a Big Game.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM

Then you'll be waiting a long time my friend. When it comes to crunch time of a big game...he's as big of a choker than Kordell Stewart.

SteelerFan091472
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
According to Joe Buck, the ball kept sailing on Romo and Buck is never wrong about what he says.

Fire Haley
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
The Cryboys boards are hilarious...

"It's Jessica, it must be Jessica!"

Da Steeler Soprano
12-07-2008, 08:09 PM

HAHAHA YES you hit the nail on the head with that one man!

steelpride12
12-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Romo has shown glimpses of being a great franchise QB, but one problem. He does not win many big games, he can't do anything in the playoffs. For now he has alot to prove.

Ricco Suavez
12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I will have to watch this game again. I read posts where BB is got 3-4 seconds and still holds the ball too long. I'm sorry I don't see it. Sometimes the defense is in the backfield before Ben has planted his back foot on a three step drop. And what do you want him to do throw it away every time there is good coverage. There is such things as cover sacks. Even Troy Aikman said in the booth that most of the sacks could not be avoided. We have problems with our offense and Ben is the blame of some of it, but we are winning ugly, and not losing. There is lots of improvement that can be made by everyone on the offensive side. PS I watched Tomlins post remarks and all i can say is we have got the right guy.

steelpride12
12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Until he wins playoff games and wins against tough teams like the Steelers and plays well, no 3 INT night he has alot to prove to the team and the league.

TackleMeBen
12-07-2008, 08:15 PM
According to Joe Buck, the ball kept sailing on Romo and Buck is never wrong about what he says.
i cant stand joe buck.. you would have thought with aikman doing the call he would be a homer, but he seems to call it fair.

scsteeler
12-07-2008, 08:26 PM
I will have to watch this game again. I read posts where BB is got 3-4 seconds and still holds the ball too long. I'm sorry I don't see it. Sometimes the defense is in the backfield before Ben has planted his back foot on a three step drop. And what do you want him to do throw it away every time there is good coverage. There is such things as cover sacks. Even Troy Aikman said in the booth that most of the sacks could not be avoided. We have problems with our offense and Ben is the blame of some of it, but we are winning ugly, and not losing. There is lots of improvement that can be made by everyone on the offensive side. PS I watched Tomlins post remarks and all i can say is we have got the right guy.

About the 3-4 seconds for BB there are some plays where the O-line does not do their job but for the most part they are playing good. Of course they could do better but when you know teams are going to come at your QB because of the label the O-line has gotten you have to game plan to take advantage of that. I will take a win anyway we can get it.

markymarc
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Tony Romo sucks. Wow he got to beat up on the 49ers and Seahawks the past 2 weeks. See what happens when you face the best defense in the entire NFL. Ben continues to win and Romo is still searching for his first big regular season and playoff win. Hilarious.

Frankie3521
12-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Romo reminds me of a bad version of Ben, in a sense. Ben is stronger and better, of course. But the way Romo scrambles around and throws reminds me of Ben. Romo really looked bad today, though.

adam10
12-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Remember when he tried to hold that field goal snap in the playoffs a few years back?

hindes204
12-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Our offense still needs help. that was a terrible outing

Steeldude
12-07-2008, 10:08 PM
he's as big of a choker than Kordell Stewart.

impossible

hindes204
12-07-2008, 10:10 PM
impossible

thats funny

NYC SteelersFan
12-07-2008, 10:19 PM
I was a little angry when we got the "Tuck Rule".....Homo had no intention of throwing that one pass, the ball slipped out of his hand...should be a fumble. It wasn't as bad as when Tom Brady touched the ball with his left hand in that rediculous "Tuck Rule" call....but something in the rules needs to change.

Glace, what do you expect? The rule was made for and named after a "homo" caliber QB to begin with. Like peas in a pod, Romo and Brady. And I agree with you, the rule needs to change, it's not fair to everyone else, it's a biased rule.

KeiselPower99
12-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Until Romo does something to win versus a tough good team get at me then.

NYC SteelersFan
12-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Then you'll be waiting a long time my friend. When it comes to crunch time of a big game...he's as big of a choker than Kordell Stewart.

impossible

I liked Kordell. He was in no way great and never would've been but he was definitely hurt by a constant change of offensive coordinator and not having many offensive weapons around him. I thought he had a decent year in 97'. He was just never the same after Thigpen left.

SteelCurtain7
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
The Cryboys boards are hilarious...

"It's Jessica, it must be Jessica!"

Maybe the Cowpies should give Jessica a tryout at QB instead? :rofl:

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
TONY HOMO :tt03: TONY HOMO:tt03: Tony HOMO:tt03:.........LOL that was the chant at the bar all night :drink:

cubanstogie
12-07-2008, 11:23 PM
TONY HOMO :tt03: TONY HOMO:tt03: Tony HOMO:tt03:.........LOL that was the chant at the bar all night :drink:

Romo did a great impersonation of Neil O'Donnel in SBXXX tonight. Not quite as big of payback but nice.

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Tony ONO! is what I heard.

teddy jones
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s66/austin1913/tony-romo.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p186/scubasj7/romo.jpg

TackleMeBen
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
i found this on espn... note the highlighted part
For Cowboys, the one that got away

PITTSBURGH -- When the final story of the Cowboys' 2008 season is written -- and you can consider this a rough draft -- the frigid scene at Heinz Field might warrant an extra chapter. With a 13-3 fourth-quarter lead over a Steelers team devoid of any offensive rhythm, the Cowboys suddenly remembered who they were.

I suppose we should give the Steelers credit for their stunning comeback in a 20-13 win over the Cowboys, but let's pass on that for now. The Cowboys were seven minutes, 15 seconds away from declaring themselves a legitimate Super Bowl contender again. Seriously.

Perhaps the most dominating defensive performance of the season coupled with the Atlanta Falcons' loss to the New Orleans Saints opened the door to all sorts of opportunities. Now, the Cowboys will be lucky to even qualify for the playoffs. Who among us thinks Dallas will rally and hand the Giants their second consecutive loss? That's what I thought.
The Cowboys survived four turnovers in the first half, in part, because Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger played like a store-front mannequin -- only with less mobility. Nick Folk's 44-yard field goal at the end of the first half set off Wade Phillips' wild celebration of a 3-3 score. His blue parka seemed to hinder the fist pumps, but who could blame him for being excited?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-6-59/For-Cowboys--the-one-that-got-away.html

teddy jones
12-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Remember when he tried to hold that field goal snap in the playoffs a few years back?

yep...This one ???

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm269/smichie27/TonyRomo.png