PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboys are not a bad team.

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 08:07 PM
What did you expect? a blowout? Sure 5 turnovers, and 13 points to show. But the 'Boys defense did there job, just as the Steelers did. They held, Steelers held. You guys applaud the defense, just as a Cowboys fan would applaud there defense.

players make mistakes, it doesnt mean they are bad players. You guys blame Ben for the offense. Wheres the blame for Miller for fumbling? I mean come on! enjoy the win.

Brandon
12-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Edman
12-07-2008, 08:14 PM
No they're not, but they're not a very good one either.

Offence coralled all day, One fluke touchdown, five forced turnovers (potentially six if it wasn't for Homo's non-fumble), and we managed just 6 points out of it.

The Steelers did their best to lose this game, but turned it on and won. The Pokes didn't do crap.

mesaSteeler
12-07-2008, 08:17 PM
The crying Cowgirls are a slightly better than average team but that is all they are.

They are also nauseatingly over hyped.

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I wasnt aware the cowboys were in the bottom of the nfc.

DJ919
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I actually respect the Cowboys because of the history they share with our Steelers. This is why It feels a little more special than a normal win any time the Steelers and the Cowboys meet. The boys are a good team lead by the wrong people at this time. GOOD win for our Steelers! :tt02: :tt02: :drink:

PisnNapalm
12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I hate the Cowgirls. Any time they lose that's a good day for me.

Thank God for our defense playing lights out ball again. We'd be screwed this season otherwise.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Why are you so grumpy? WE WON!!!:tt02:

markymarc
12-07-2008, 09:36 PM
But the 'Boys defense did there job, just as the Steelers did. They held, Steelers held.

They couldn't stop when it really counted though. And by the way our defense continues to play at a high level. It was a win and I will take that every day of the week.

Dino 6 Rings
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
the Cowboys are WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

And we didn't let them off the hook!

HA HA!

This was a huge win. Anytime you are down 10 with 8 mins left in a game and win by 7, its huge, regardless of who you did it against. But to do it against a "good" Dallas team, that only builds confidence for our entire team to know, no matter what, we have a chance to win any game.

Frankie3521
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
The Cowboys are a good team, but I think it was more of a poor showing from the offense than good defensive play.

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I just think it's comical that people have fretted over us playing a "good team" that was "seriously going to test us" the last two weeks in a row before the games were played, and then after we won the games, those teams supposedly weren't so good anymore to many of the same people. :hunch:

TackleMeBen
12-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I just think it's comical that people have fretted over us playing a "good team" that was "seriously going to test us" the last two weeks in a row before the games were played, and then after we won the games, those teams supposedly weren't so good anymore to many of the same people. :hunch:
i have to agree with you 76. the pats were suppost to be good even without brady and we go into their house kick butt and all people can say is well maybe they werent as good as we thought.... make up your mind either they are good or not..lol... :tt02:

thebus36idf
12-07-2008, 09:55 PM
They aren't at the bottom, and aren't in the AFC

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
They aren't at the bottom, and aren't in the AFC

ah. Yes thanks for correcting me.

BrandonCarr39
12-07-2008, 10:17 PM
What did you expect? a blowout? Sure 5 turnovers, and 13 points to show. But the 'Boys defense did there job, just as the Steelers did. They held, Steelers held. You guys applaud the defense, just as a Cowboys fan would applaud there defense.

players make mistakes, it doesnt mean they are bad players. You guys blame Ben for the offense. Wheres the blame for Miller for fumbling? I mean come on! enjoy the win.

No-bad teams aren't bad b/c they're not competitive. What makes teams mediocre to bad has largely to do with the makeup and communication of their coaching staffs, IMHO. Look at the San Diego Chargers-they've lost alot of nailbiters-so does that make them "good" b/c they've been "competitive" in every game? No-of course not-it's largely b/c Norv Turner doesn't communicate well with his unit.

That's also the big difference b/w Wade Phillips and Mike Tomlin-Tomlin has a firm grip and communicates very, very well consistently with his unit. Phillips does not, nor does he have the respect from his unit.

TackleMeBen
12-07-2008, 10:37 PM
No-bad teams aren't bad b/c they're not competitive..
unless you are the detroit lions!!:chuckle:

Stlrs4Life
12-07-2008, 10:41 PM

We missed on to too many opportunities tonite. Try that next week and see what happens. Sooner or later it is going to bite us in the ass. Not complaining, it is the reality of the situation. And, did I mention Carey Davis sucks?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-07-2008, 11:15 PM
I just knew that our O line would have a bigger problem with the Cowboys pass rush, than their line did with our pass rush.

I also thought on draft day that Tashard Choice was a great 4th round steal. His only problem is durability, so he fits the bill nicely as a complimentary back. I thank Romo and Witten for the win.

lardlad
12-08-2008, 04:12 AM
The Cowboys are a good team, but I think it was more of a poor showing from the offense than good defensive play.

Really? I was waiting for someone to mention this. I have been trying to figure this out myself and I seemed to be leaning the other way towards the Cowboys defense played really well, better than expected.

I really thought this was going to be a blow out win for us, and it probably should have been. But I was impressed with their D, it was better then I remember seeing earlier this season. They played really hard, I believe we got their very best last night and it wasn't enough. So idunno, I keep going back and forth on this.

BTW stop and think where we are right now. No one had us pegged for 10 and 3 at this point. When the schedule came out, we were lucky to win 9 according to many people.

Galax Steeler
12-08-2008, 05:26 AM
I think Choice stepped in and did a nice job filling in for Barber he almost got a 100 yard against us I don't think we prepared for him like we should have.

revefsreleets
12-08-2008, 11:36 AM
The Cowboys desperately needed to win this game, and they are still loaded with talent.

It's dismissive and wrong to poo-poo this win.

BrandonCarr39
12-08-2008, 01:22 PM
I think Choice stepped in and did a nice job filling in for Barber he almost got a 100 yard against us I don't think we prepared for him like we should have.

If there's anything positive that came out of this game for us, we're all but reassured that all of the post-Bill Parcells drafts have gone very well with Jerry and his FO that's done pitifully pre-Parcells.(Our other guys like Felix, Jenkins, Bennett, Scandrick, and now Choice have stepped up too). So FWIW-I think while Dallas' shot at the playoffs are pretty slim now, at least we have a bright future ahead.

With that being said-the Steelers proved every bit while they're a Super Bowl contender yesterday-they perserved for 60 minutes and made all the critical plays and coaching calls to win the game.

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 01:30 PM
they did have a very good draft this past yr... these players will do something for them.. but now since u seen that choice can play very good.. how can u keep barber,felix and choice all happy in the future?