PDA

View Full Version : Ike deserves respect.

T.Richardson
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
He shut down owens, I dont care about that TD, because whoever that was, should have sacked Romo instead of standing in his face.

He has shut down every number 1 reciever every week. If he doesnt make it to the pro bowl, I will lose faith in NFL fans.

And oh yea, he got an int. so that helps.

ShutDown24
12-07-2008, 08:28 PM
He shut down owens, I dont care about that TD, because whoever that was, should have sacked Romo instead of standing in his face.

He has shut down every number 1 reciever every week. If he doesnt make it to the pro bowl, I will lose faith in NFL fans.

And oh yea, he got an int. so that helps.

Ike is a TOP corner in the NFL. He's not even just really good now, he's an elite DB.

steelpride12
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Ike is one of the best if not the best in the NFL. He does not get the INT's you think he would because either no one throws his way or he just is a better deflector.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Ike is a TOP corner in the NFL. He's not even just really good now, he's an elite DB.

I damn sure agree with this.

But people will still B&M about him not getting a lot of INT's. However I will take down shutting down the other team's top wideout over 12-15 INT's a season with a lot of burns when making the gamble any season.

I was actually shocked he caught that ball today. I was yelling "Ike caught the ball!" over and over.

Jaquila
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
ya his really been having a great season so far, i didnt see TO all day except for one stupid TD (as you said Homo should have been sacked at that point) and that tells a lot about his performance

The Duke
12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
He's a bum. KC Joyner thinks he shouldn't start :rolleyes:

Ike rocks. That awesome INT should seal his pro bowl bid. Coaches, players and fans have now seen how good he is

Ike is one of the best if not the best in the NFL. He does not get the INT's you think he would because either no one throws his way or he just is a better deflector.

He doesn't get INTs because of his hands mainly, lol

austinfrench76
12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Ike's cover skill is as good as his hands are bad. He has absolute stone hands!

markymarc
12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
And Ike is our best CB on this team. He held T.O. to 3 catches for 32 yards and 1 TD. He also came up with a big interception. Just too bad we couldn't put a TD on the board. Ike shows up every week and takes care of the opposing team's #1 WR. Ike is the man!

adam10
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
We call him ike "almost" taylor because of all the picks he drops...but that is why he is a cb and not a wr, he is still an amazing shutdown corner and he does even better against good wr's

cubanstogie
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
That int was textbook, and a great catch. Something I usually don't say "great catch" pertaining to Ike. Ike was phenominal today even on the TO catch. He stayed with him the whole time and was in good postion. Tough to cover a top notch receiver for that long though. Polamalu was a stud today as well. Shit you could mention anyone on the D for that matter played well.

SunshineMan21
12-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha and Champ Bailey are better in the AFC, but outside of them I'm not sure there's a better corner.

Maybe Cortland Finnegan? Darrelle Revis?

Ike deserves the Pro Bowl this year--the main reason I think he won't make it is because most of our defensive starters will already be in the game or close.

Really our only defensive starters without a shot at the Pro Bowl are the two positions where the starter has been injured/in flux (Keisel and Townsend's positions), and that's more due to multiple guys swapping the job due to injuries than lack of performance.

revefsreleets
12-08-2008, 10:25 AM
He's a shutdown corner, best in the biz. If he could catch, he'd be playing WR.

On that TD pass, that was a horrible pass by Romo, he was totally gunslinging, and if Ike had turned around it would have been a pick. Romo got pretty lucky on that one...

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM
that ownes td ike was just in a bad place.... he had his back turned and was just running all over the place.. but i'll still take ike anyday... and this yr champ has been having an off season

7/39/43
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I still don't like him BUT he did hold on to the BALL for a change. the TO touch well
I kneew it was gonna happen
Romo should of been tackle and Farrior should of stayed back with the Cb's

markymarc
12-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Ike did the best he could on that TO TD. If Aaron Smith or anyone else just sacks Romo then we wouldn't even be discussing the TD. Not sure how many seconds Romo had on that play, but you can't expect a CB to stick with a WR for that long.