PDA

View Full Version : What is keeping Josh Miller from being a Steeler???

HereWeGoSteelers219
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Mitch Berger was brutal tonight. I just don't understand why they won't sign Miller. He was on Madden's radio show and he said he can still punt, and that he would liek to come back to Pittsburgh. He held for Jeff Reed before, so that shouldn't even be an issue. Someone should start a Sign Josh Miller campaign.

Jaquila
12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
i agree Berger sux=(

jjpro11
12-07-2008, 09:37 PM
they could hold an open tryout.. it wouldnt hurt to see if he can kick it farther.. i know the weather sucked tonight, but our punting has been atrocious without sep.

stillers4me
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
i agree Berger sux=(

naaaaaahhhhhhhh.....Ernster sucked.

It's just something we'll have to live with until next year.

pepsyman1
12-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't know why they don't sign him......or ANYONE else for that matter. Berger continues to be one of the worst punters in the league. It's amazing that the defense hasn't given up more points considering the average field position we've been allowing over the 6 weeks. How can a professional punter kick from his own 20 yd line and struggle to get it out of his own side of the field????? And WHY don't they get someone else? I can't believe there aren't better options available in a heart beat.

stillers4me
12-07-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't know why they don't sign him......or ANYONE else for that matter. Berger continues to be one of the worst punters in the league. It's amazing that the defense hasn't given up more points considering the average field position we've been allowing over the 6 weeks. How can a professional punter kick from his own 20 yd line and struggle to get it out of his own side of the field????? And WHY don't they get someone else? I can't believe there aren't better options available in a heart beat.

They are not going to find the next HOF punter in the unemployment line in December.

Is there such a thing as a HOF punter? :noidea:

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 09:52 PM
They are not going to find the next HOF punter in the unemployment line in December.

Agreed - there are no undiscovered "next Ray Guy" types of punters on the unemployment line at the moment. That's why they're unemployed. Seems to me that Dallas' punter wasn't exactly booming them when he had to kick them into the wind either. I still say Ernster was a lot worse.

TailgateMel
12-07-2008, 10:19 PM
The reason I have heard is that because he has "X" amount of years in the NFL, he would is entitled to a large salary for a veteran through the NFPA agreement... there is no way around it, he cannot even agree to pay less...

I don't know what the amount is, but it is obviuosly larger than what the Steelers would be comfortable with.

HereWeGoSteelers219
12-07-2008, 10:22 PM
The reason I have heard is that because he has "X" amount of years in the NFL, he would is entitled to a large salary for a veteran through the NFPA agreement... there is no way around it, he cannot even agree to pay less...

I don't know what the amount is, but it is obviuosly larger than what the Steelers would be comfortable with.

He can't have that many more years than Berger, can he?

stillers4me
12-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't want to hear one peep of complaint about Sepulveda next year. :chuckle:

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't want to hear one peep of complaint about Sepulveda next year. :chuckle:

Huge waste of a 4th-round pick. :chuckle:

Steeldude
12-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Mitch Berger was brutal tonight. I just don't understand why they won't sign Miller. He was on Madden's radio show and he said he can still punt, and that he would liek to come back to Pittsburgh. He held for Jeff Reed before, so that shouldn't even be an issue. Someone should start a Sign Josh Miller campaign.

kicking into the wind isn't good for any punter. dallas' punter didn't do so well against the wind either.

Preacher
12-07-2008, 11:16 PM

:buttkick:

SunshineMan21
12-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Berger isn't nearly as bad as Ernster was . . . it was tough punting conditions and Dallas got generally poor field position, including two punts inside the 20.

mesaSteeler
12-07-2008, 11:49 PM

Ray Guy

fansince'76
12-07-2008, 11:51 PM
:buttkick:

Did I mention he was a two-time Ray Guy Award-winning punter in college too? :chuckle:

Preacher
12-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Did I mention he was a two-time Ray Guy Award-winning punter in college too? :chuckle:

Who cares.

I know a punter that has never had a punt blocked!!!

Actually, I know two! Sep hasn't either!

pepsyman1
12-08-2008, 12:06 AM
For anyone interested.....Miller and Berger (1994) came into the league at the same time, so the years in the NFL isn't an issue.

And for anyone comparing Berger's anemic performance to the Cowboy's punter tonight in the windy conditions....Berger's AVERAGE punt was over 7 yards shorter. He's worthless.

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-08-2008, 12:13 AM

Yeah there is..................Jeff Feagles:flap:

pepsyman1
12-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Uggh!!!....can you believe it? That old timer is having a great year too! He launched one 60 yards in the air today against the Eagles.....and he's been in the league 6 years longer than Berger!

steeltheone
12-08-2008, 03:15 AM
This could cost us games....We need to atleast look.

NYC SteelersFan
12-08-2008, 03:28 AM

There should be an unwritten rule within all teams that Kickers and Punters can't be taken out of the draft. I mean there is only 1 of each every year anyway considering most college teams don't punt or kick field goals.

augustashark
12-08-2008, 03:31 AM
Once a Patriot always a Patriot.