PDA

View Full Version : If the O plays like it did in the 1st 3 qtrs against the Ravens...

GridironWarrior
12-07-2008, 11:30 PM
..the Steelers are going to get a beat down. Their D is vastly superior to Dallas and they can run the ball unlike that horrible O the Steelers have. I hope next year the draft is spent on Olinemen.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 12:08 AM
You assume the Ratbirds offense is going to do jack against this D. Dallas' offense is vastly superior to Baltimore's. Flacco going 10-21 for 134 with a TD and a pick might get it against the 'Skins, but it won't get it next week.

And for the record, this team DID play exactly like it did today in the first game of the season against the Ratbirds. Guess what? We won. Keep that faith.

NYC SteelersFan
12-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Despite our miserable offense, I have a funny feeling we're going to run over the Ravens. I don't think it will be a close game. As much of an over-rated choker Romo is, he has some kind of experience, especially against blitzing teams and is pretty good at evading it. It's Flacco's first year just like it's Cassel's first year. Flacco played us once before but he's still got the fear in him, the image of Harrison, Woodley and Polamalu surrounding him in a dark alley somewhere late at night.

jjpro11
12-08-2008, 12:25 AM
we now have a full season of tape on flacco.. it may be even worse this time for him.

DarkRaven
12-08-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm sorry, but nobody is scared of the Steelers offense. Yeah, the defense is good, but Dallas more so gave the Steelers that win. Flacco will definitely be better than the first meeting with the Steelers. And recently, the Steelers haven't preformed well in Baltimore. I'm looking for a good game. Go Ravens

NYC SteelersFan
12-08-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm sorry, but nobody is scared of the Steelers offense. Yeah, the defense is good, but Dallas more so gave the Steelers that win. Flacco will definitely be better than the first meeting with the Steelers. And recently, the Steelers haven't preformed well in Baltimore. I'm looking for a good game. Go Ravens

You should be looking for a lot of pain, which is precisely what your rookie QB is going to get.

And who needs an offense when you have a defense that consists of 11 rabid, mutant animals hungry to attack and kill anyone wearing a jersey that is not the same color as theirs.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm sorry, but nobody is scared of the Steelers offense.

Nobody's scared of Baltimore's either.

Preacher
12-08-2008, 01:45 AM

And that is where teams make thier mistakes. THey think that just because our offense has not been able to get it on track this year, that it means we don't have an offense. The two just are not the same. Go back and look at the last 5-9 games. Except for the game against eh COlts, EVERY TIME we have needed it, our offense has come through and put the points up on the board that we have needed. Wheter it was an INT for a TD or the Cowboys punted, I beleive we would have won that game today. . . because I trust our offense that much in the end.

Heck, even the Colts game, we were one delay of game call that SHOULD HAVE gone aganst the colts from winning the game.

BrandonCarr39
12-08-2008, 03:04 AM
..the Steelers are going to get a beat down. Their D is vastly superior to Dallas and they can run the ball unlike that horrible O the Steelers have. I hope next year the draft is spent on Olinemen.

FWIW-every team has their deficiencies. Ultimately, the better teams in this league have this "Wins have to be EARNED" mentality.

That's the HUGE difference b/w teams like your's/Giants/Colts and my team/Chargers.

Galax Steeler
12-08-2008, 03:49 AM

:blah: Yea and we are really scared of your offense to with Flacco.:rofl:

Jaquila
12-08-2008, 06:09 AM
our D will shut down Flacco and i have a feeling that our O is coming out stronger to revenge their performance against Dallas.

stlrtruck
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I give the ratbirds credit, they've still got a tough defense and Flacco is doing his best Ben Roethlisberger impression (of his rookie season). He's making smart reads of the defense and they're runing a lot of zone splitting routes to help him (at least from what I've seen of their games).

However, he's still got his problems and this Sunday he's going to get a few more by the name of Woodley, Harrison, Polamalu, Clark, Timmons, and Hampton!!

While I don't expect a barn burner by either offense, I think the Steelers will do enough offensively to win the game and the Steelers defense will show why they are the #1 ranked defense in the league in all categories!

But with all that being said, I hope the Steelers play 60 minutes this Sunday so they can put the ratbirds on the outside of the playoff bubble looking in!