PDA

View Full Version : Remaining schedule

lardlad
12-08-2008, 04:37 AM
Well, what is our final record? I will say 12-4. My two wins first:

TITANS--
I like our D against the Titans, I think we match up better than their D against our O, so I see that as a win. Unless we figure out something on the run game, Miller and Ward will probably be our possession game.

BROWNS--
Unless the something crazy happens or we have nothing to play for, we beat the Browns

RAVENS--
Now the Ravens, this is going to be a tough game, I pick this as a loss. What are the keys to this game? Other than obvious ones like run the ball, protect the ball. It is obviously going to be about making less mistakes, but how would you call the offense? Who has had a fair amount of success against their D this year? What did they do? This is not one that I think they can't win but unless we do a 180 on offense they will shut us down. Although I don't think it is out of the question for our D to win two in a row for us.

jjpro11
12-08-2008, 04:52 AM
keep in mind, we have never swept the ravens in the regular season.. NOT ONCE! this has got to be the year that changes though.

i dont like thinking ahead, but i will anyhow.
i think we beat the browns with our backups like we did buffalo in 2004.. we have better depth this year than 2004, and buffalo was a better team than cleveland is now. they could have clinched a playoff birth with that win. not to mention the second stringers will be giving it all they've got for a chance to whoop the rival browns themselves. leftwich will probably be auditioning for a starting job somewhere next year.

Preacher
12-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Well, what is our final record? I will say 12-4. My two wins first:

TITANS--
I like our D against the Titans, I think we match up better than their D against our O, so I see that as a win. Unless we figure out something on the run game, Miller and Ward will probably be our possession game.

BROWNS--
Unless the something crazy happens or we have nothing to play for, we beat the Browns

RAVENS--
Now the Ravens, this is going to be a tough game, I pick this as a loss. What are the keys to this game? Other than obvious ones like run the ball, protect the ball. It is obviously going to be about making less mistakes, but how would you call the offense? Who has had a fair amount of success against their D this year? What did they do? This is not one that I think they can't win but unless we do a 180 on offense they will shut us down. Although I don't think it is out of the question for our D to win two in a row for us.

Nope.

I think we beat the Ratbirds. Then we go after teh Titans with out a WHOLE lot of wrinkles in the D. The we beat the Browns... maybe lose to the Titans, maybe not.
After all, if we beat the Ravens, we are two games up on ALL our competition for 2nd place in the AFC and a bye. Colts won't catch Tennessee. So with a win next week, at WORST, we are in third place in the playoffs..

Win next week and aganoist the browns... we are in second, hands down.

I think we end up 12-4... though my homer says 13-3.

BrandonCarr39
12-08-2008, 06:47 AM
FWIW-I'll throw out a prediction...

@Baltimore - Flacco has played nicely in his rookie season, but like most rookie QBs in Dec, he's not ready for the spotlight.(i.e. Eli struggled in '05 Dec b/c that was his first Dec month where the Giants played with alot on the line) Prolly Steelers win.

@Tennessee - The Steelers' #1 ranked run D should shut them down, Collins won't be able to make plays. Prolly Steelers win.

Cleveland - W

Tennessee will also have to travel to a hot(and finally healthy) Indy team, so they could very well lose out the #1 seed when all is said and done.

SteelersMongol
12-08-2008, 08:36 AM
... RAVENS--

Have a little faith, man. Gotta BELIEVE. We can kick them.

Brandon
12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
We lose at Baltimore. Defense to good, Dallas manhandled our offensive line with vanilla blitzes. Baltimore is going to eat it with those "exotic" blitzes.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
I think we end up 12-4, which is great because my prediction was 10-6. Either way, a win in Baltimore is pretty much the AFC north clincher and it wont be easy.

I think no matter how flawed the Titans are at QB, will will see a running game they have that we wish we had. White, Johnson and a real blocking Fullback in Hall. Plus, a solid O line, not the greatest, but one that is reasonably healthy and works well together.

Steel_Bus_24
12-08-2008, 09:55 AM
I too am pessimistic about our O in Balt. Its been a house of horrors for us there. Our best chance of victory will be to somehow get a nice lead early..14-17 pts.. that really puts the pressure on Flacco, and then hang on from there....otherwise I think we lose a close one by yet another fffing last sec Stover field goal

^^^Thats me looking at it objectively

But having witnessed what we did last night and then the week before going up to NE(Where we haven't won in a long time...sound familiar)

I say to all ravens/fans..Bring IT B****es!!:wantsome:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!HERE WE GO!!!:tt03:

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I say we go 9-7 and win the division.

I'm sticking with my preseason prediction, however flawed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I say we go 9-7 and win the division.

I'm sticking with my preseason prediction, however flawed.
:rofl:

I love the fact you arent flip flopping on your prediction. Better luck with it next year.....i think. :noidea:

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I said we'd win the division, that's all that matters now.

I don't like being one of those people that has to calculate wild card standings, I hate math.

snuggles26
12-08-2008, 11:02 AM
i have faith that pitt will kick the ravens asses

lardlad
12-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Ok So far people have said that if we do win in Baltimore, then the division is won and we get #2. If that is the case, we may not go all out against Tennessee or the Browns and I think it would be tough to win both of the remaining two.

Someone else has said they'd like to see a big lead and put pressure on Flacco. I think that sounds good too. Although Ben is pretty tough in a come from behind, in the closing minutes, I could see us win either way.

I think the key here is Mason, he's been really hot. If we shut him down and minimize the run we will win. Provided that if the OL can't hold off Baltimore, they plan some quick plays to move the chains. So I may be on the fence here. If the D plays like they have been (I seen no reason to believe they won't) i think the offense will find a way to get in the endzone. A TD and a few FG's I think could do it.

I gotta say though, this is the only team left in the league that I am worried about.

memphissteelergirl
12-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I too am pessimistic about our O in Balt. Its been a house of horrors for us there. Our best chance of victory will be to somehow get a nice lead early..14-17 pts.. that really puts the pressure on Flacco, and then hang on from there....otherwise I think we lose a close one by yet another fffing last sec Stover field goal

^^^Thats me looking at it objectively

But having witnessed what we did last night and then the week before going up to NE(Where we haven't won in a long time...sound familiar)

I say to all ravens/fans..Bring IT B****es!!:wantsome:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!!!!HERE WE GO!!!:tt03:

You've pretty much summed up my feelings, too.

We've gotta be firing on all cylinders Sunday. Baltimore is going to be gunnin' for us big time!

Crow-Magnon
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
You want to beat the Ravens?

Just watch film from the past two times they played the Colts. Run the same plays.

I hate to say that, but it's probably true.

stlrtruck
12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I think the hardest game is going to be the hated ratbirds. Flacco has been playing well enough not to lose and that defense is still one of the best in the league. However, I think we can pull it out and sweep them. It's a huge game and we've got to come out swinging and knock them down. They've got some confidence and it's time we put them back where they belong.

I believe the Titans won't be able to maintain the presence they've had and we'll have a shot at the #1 seed (not that that has ever boded well for us) if they were to lose to Indy in the last game.

The clowns need to be beat just for the sake of destroying any hope of them saying, "Wait til next year!"

hindes204
12-08-2008, 02:58 PM
13-3.....i may be thinking more with my heart than my brain though

snuggles26
12-08-2008, 02:59 PM
You want to beat the Ravens?

Just watch film from the past two times they played the Colts. Run the same plays.

I hate to say that, but it's probably true.

I sure do want them to beat them. Yes it will be a tough game but i beleave pittsburgh can do it. They just have to get good plays in and keep it up. :tt:

snuggles26
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-57JcyIBQ

this guy is an ass hole

SCSTILLER
12-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I have a bad feeling about the Ravens game, for most of the reasons stated in previous threads. But, I did have a bad feeling about the Patriots game, so maybe it is nothing.

Ray Rice really impresses me from the little bit that I have watched him. This is not going to be an easy game at all with their D, Mason, Rice, and Flacco playing decent. But I would loving nothing more than to sweep them this year!