PDA

View Full Version : Win vs Ravens means...

Steeler in Carolina
12-08-2008, 06:01 AM
Division title and 1st round bye. Huge game this weekend.

the_king_from_leon
12-08-2008, 06:20 AM
I know im in amsterdam trying to find a black and gold bar to watch it!

Jaquila
12-08-2008, 06:30 AM
must win this for sure!!

jjpro11
12-08-2008, 07:35 AM
yup.. even if we were to lose our last 2, we would still finish with a better afc record than every other team, other than the colts.. who can only be a wild card team. they are playing for a week off and a division title.. cant get more motivational than that.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Last nights win was huge but this week is even bigger. Enjoy the win today and its back to work tomorrow. We still have buisness to take care of.

Steel_Bus_24
12-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Last nights win was huge but this week is even bigger. Enjoy the win today and its back to work tomorrow. We still have buisness to take care of.

Yeah Im just going to soak this one in today, we are so fortunate to have a team that plays D like that:tt03:

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 08:28 AM

I hear they're shutting down half the coffee-shops and window girls - what a bummer.

The Duke
12-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Would be great to have the last two weeks to rest. many guys need it

They gotta play like it's a playoff game

4:15 game, at Baltimore, division rival. all sets up for the best game of the season :tt02:

steelersgab
12-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Offense needs to play better, but I think the key to a win will be Ben putting the ball up....right now the run game just isn't getting it done....

LambertIsGod58
12-08-2008, 09:29 AM
We had a tough enough time at home vs the Cowboys D. Baltimore's D at Baltimore is gonna be possibly the toughest test of the season.

Dino 6 Rings
12-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't want it any other way.

Steelers vs the Ravens for the North Title.

Lets get the job done!

Hines4ever
12-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Anyone see the Ravens game last night? Stupid me should have NEVER have watched it after the emotional fiasco our game was......my happiness didn't last long.....VERY worried about this week!!!!!!!:sweating:

Crushzilla
12-08-2008, 10:22 AM

There was a restaurant/pancake house right by the Bulldog that had a lot of tvs upstairs with all kinds of sports. This was only two years ago, but I imagine they are still around.

I think they had Sky there.

Maybe ask someone there if it will be available on Sky and if they can play it on gameday.

:noidea:

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Def the biggest game of the season, this one means everything to the playoff situation. All I have to say is HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

Crow-Magnon
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't want it any other way.

Steelers vs the Ravens for the North Title.

Lets get the job done!

This game, IMO, is going to stand up to all the hype. Two punishing defenses looking to win a division title for their respective teams.

What a finish against the Cowboys yesterday! I wanted to say it was all over, but I knew better. I know Romo gave you one gift, but that was one helluva win. And the 'Boys needed it more than the Steelers did and they blew it.

I think the Steelers have the edge this Sunday. I know a rookie QB can win it all in his first season, but it's not likely. No matter. After last season's meltdown I was not really entertaining thoughts about playing for a wild card spot, much less a division title come December of 2008. No matter what, it's been a great season.

Good luck Sunday. If the Steelers win, then they win. At least two teams in the AFCN are aiming for the post-season. And if not, it's most likely that Pittsburgh will have the tiebreaker with conference wins if we end up tied in Week 17. Hopefully that means you play the Colts and we don't. :chuckle:

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
this game will be harder than the last one.. flacco actually has some legs under him and is a lot more exp... it will be another hard day for the off

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 01:05 PM
this game will be harder than the last one.. flacco actually has some legs under him and is a lot more exp... it will be another hard day for the off

The guy went 10-21 for 134 and started the game last night hitting only one out of his first seven. Flacco is the least of my worries.

KeiselPower99
12-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Wonder how much trash talking will be going on this week?? And if Hines is gonna get a shot at Suggs??

conservativesteelers
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Just please to atleast try to run the ball this week, instead of dropping back to pass 3 out of every 4 times (or 4 out of every 5 times). It's not that the Steeler were not able to run yesterday, they just didnt' try to until they got down by the goaline. Every other time they ran the ball out on the field they did very well. I dont know why Ben resorted to thinking they could be a one-dimensional passing attack.

And for the love of Gawd.. please cover DERRICK MASON!!! someone wake up and cover that guy. Don't stand 5-10 feet away from him like he has BO. No one covers that guy, it's not even funny how wide open he is all of the time.

stlrtruck
12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
I can tell you this, the ratbirds can not be taken lightly and Tomlin definitely has to get this team to play 60 minutes of hard nosed Steelers football.
After watching last night, Flacco is doing his best impression of Ben Roethlisberger and his rookie season - not losing games but given doing enough and allowing the defense to win it. That ratbird defense is still a tough defense and we need to line up and smash them in the mouth all game long.

DarkRaven
12-08-2008, 01:40 PM
The guy went 10-21 for 134 and started the game last night hitting only one out of his first seven. Flacco is the least of my worries.

And that's why alot of teams get fooled. Flacco isn't a Rookie anymore. Expect to see this guy in a Ravens uniform for a long time. Forget Cleveland, Forget Cincy-- The Dirtybirds wont be no easy match for years to come. To the best team...Good Luck

hindes204
12-08-2008, 01:53 PM
This will definately be a tough game, but with so much on the line, i think we will step up to the plate...i think the offense knows they had a bad outing yesterday and will want to come out and hit the ravens right in the mouth

NJarhead
12-08-2008, 02:13 PM

I agree. We need to get past that defense. I know we CAN beat them, I just hope we don't stumble along and let them think they can win.

Crow-Magnon
12-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I can tell you this, the ratbirds can not be taken lightly and Tomlin definitely has to get this team to play 60 minutes of hard nosed Steelers football.
After watching last night, Flacco is doing his best impression of Ben Roethlisberger and his rookie season - not losing games but given doing enough and allowing the defense to win it. That ratbird defense is still a tough defense and we need to line up and smash them in the mouth all game long.

Joe did not have his best game last night, but he played well enough to win the game. Just as Ben did yesterday, but Romo and Campbell did not.

Crow-Magnon
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Flaccid doesn't have a chance against our d

He will wish he was back at Delaware next sunday evening

the only hope the ravens have is our offense being worse than against the cowboys and eagles to have a chance. and with all on the line i don't think that'll happen

Flacco is a better QB now than when he took the game to OT in Pittsburgh earlier this season. And so is the Ravens rejuvenated defense.

This is going to be a battle on both sides of the ball for both teams.

X-Terminator
12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Ah hell, I'm just ready to get it on right now. Steelers vs. Ravens. Buckle up your chinstraps and bring plenty of Vicodin! :tt02:

kingkulsteel
12-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I think this will be a 28-10 steeler win

stillers4me
12-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Ah hell, I'm just ready to get it on right now. Steelers vs. Ravens. Buckle up your chinstraps and bring plenty of Vicodin! :tt02:

Amen!

markymarc
12-09-2008, 06:15 AM
I expect another low scoring affair on Sunday. The bottom line is if we win we take the AFC North title. Can't wait for the game.

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 06:56 AM

This is one post I think no one on this forum will argue with. I'd hate to be a trainer on either team come Monday morning.

steelpride12
12-09-2008, 07:00 AM
This is one post I think no one on this forum will argue with. I'd hate to be a trainer on either team come Monday morning.

Good to see you back:tt03: Gonna be set up for a huge game. 4:15, at Baltimore and even Ray Lewis said it in an interview gonna be one hard hitting game, and one win away from the Steelers taking the division.

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Good to see you back:tt03: Gonna be set up for a huge game. 4:15, at Baltimore and even Ray Lewis said it in an interview gonna be one hard hitting game, and one win away from the Steelers taking the division.

It's a damned shame one has to wait all the way from September through December to watch a game of this magnitude, but thank the Lord we are all getting that chance Sunday!

No matter who wins, each team is going to play balls to the wall and the hits will be legendary. This whole game could be a segment of Jacked Up.

Seriously, good luck to Pittsburgh. Yeah, they are the Ravens main rivals and I hope we smoke you :chuckle:, but that fact is, you guys are competitive pretty much every year and are the team to beat in the AFCN. I hope that changes in the future, now that it seems that Baltimore finally has a QB that can win games with his poise and his arm, but for now, that cannot be said. It's up to the Ravens to change that, and that will take this year and the next two.

But for now, this Sunday's game is THE game of Week 15. All eyes will be glued to the Steelers-Ravens contest come 4:15 PM. And it's going to be a lo-o-o-o-ng wait from now until then!

Fire Haley
12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
The only thing I have to thank the Ratbirds for is taking the Old Browns team and winning a SB with it before they could.

As much as I hate everything purple, it's still better than the Clowns winning a Ring. That's what I say.

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
The only thing I have to thank the Ratbirds for is taking the Old Browns team and winning a SB with it before they could.

As much as I hate everything purple, it's still better than the Clowns winning a Ring. That's what I say.

I won't argue that. I was glad to see the Ravens win a SB myself.

stlrtruck
12-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Flacco is a better QB now than when he took the game to OT in Pittsburgh earlier this season. And so is the Ravens rejuvenated defense.

This is going to be a battle on both sides of the ball for both teams.

Yes and the Steelers defense has also become better over the course of the season so to think that the defense he saw in WK4 is going to be the same is a little pre-mature. I also think, and hope, that LeBeau will find a few more wrinkles to put into the game plan to make Flacco go wacco!!

But for both offenses, you'd better get your chin straps on tight - just like any other ratbird vs. Steelers game, this is going to be a slobber knocker!!

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes and the Steelers defense has also become better over the course of the season so to think that the defense he saw in WK4 is going to be the same is a little pre-mature. I also think, and hope, that LeBeau will find a few more wrinkles to put into the game plan to make Flacco go wacco!!

But for both offenses, you'd better get your chin straps on tight - just like any other ratbird vs. Steelers game, this is going to be a slobber knocker!!

Trust me, the only I'm thing I'm sure about with this contest is that it's a home game for the Ravens. Other than that, I'm willing to bet that Stanford's seismology department picks up Richter Scale readings from some of the licks that the defenses are going to lay out.

hindes204
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
It may be a home game, but i bet Da burgh is well represented there

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
It may be a home game, but i bet Da burgh is well represented there

People say that Ravens fans sell a lot of tickets to out-of-town Steeler fans, but there a lot of Steeler fans that live in this area.

But I will give Pittsburgh their props: they represent their team better on the road than any other team in the NFL. Maybe only Yankee fans do a better job of road game stadium infiltration then Steeler fans do.

hindes204
12-09-2008, 11:59 AM
People say that Ravens fans sell a lot of tickets to out-of-town Steeler fans, but there a lot of Steeler fans that live in this area.

But I will give Pittsburgh their props: they represent their team better on the road than any other team in the NFL. Maybe only Yankee fans do a better job of road game stadium infiltration then Steeler fans do.

either way, its gonna be a LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDD Sunday

devilsdancefloor
12-09-2008, 12:04 PM
this game always gets me all jacked up i love the hitting between 2. i bet the next day the cold tub is the busiest thing in the locker room. GO STEELERS!:tt03:

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
The Ravens have won 3 games in a row. They are on a nice little run.
Beat Philly
Beat Cincy
Beat Washington

Steelers have won 4 in a row
Beat San Diego
Beat Cincy
Beat New England
Beat Dallas.

Flacco is doing a pretty good job, I know, I picked him up on my Fantasy team and he has done just enough to get me points to win some games.

Their D is what it is, its always tough, but if we can get a 10 point or 14 point lead, the Ravens aren't built to come from behind. They like to pound the ball, if we can jump up on them quick, they shouldn't have the weapons on offense to score points quickly against us.

hindes204
12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree, we need to score quick, take a lead, and let our defense do the rest

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree, we need to score quick, take a lead, and let our defense do the rest

I guarantee you that's exactly what the Ravens are saying in their locker room, too.

hindes204
12-09-2008, 12:20 PM
I guarantee you that's exactly what the Ravens are saying in their locker room, too.

Yeah, but i would much rather have Big Ben in my locker room than Flacco

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but i would much rather have Big Ben in my locker room than Flacco

I'd much rather have Flacco in my locker room than Kyle Boller. :laughing:

hindes204
12-09-2008, 12:24 PM

i have to agree with you on that one

Edman
12-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Cam Cameron vs. Bruce Airbrains. That is the only true advantage the Ravens have in this game. And quite frankly, that may be the only one they need, and that's why this game leaves me sick.

The Dallas D had their way with the Steeler O for the most part Sunday, if the Dallas Defense gave this offense issues, I'm scared as to what a far more competant Ravens Defense will do to it.

The Steelers have been stuffed at the goal line for the third time in as many weeks. Sunday's Game destroyed my faith in the Steelers offense to get things done and will this team to a win. Dropped Passes, missed routes, lackluster run game, lack of toughness(Except for Hines), poor playcalling, take your pick.

hindes204
12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Cam Cameron vs. Bruce Airbrains. That is the only true advantage the Ravens have in this game. And quite frankly, that may be the only one they need, and that's why this game leaves me sick.

The Dallas D had their way with the Steeler O for the most part Sunday, if the Dallas Defense gave this offense issues, I'm scared as to what a far more competant Ravens Defense will do to it.

The Steelers have been stuffed at the goal line for the third time in as many weeks. Sunday's Game destroyed my faith in the Steelers offense to get things done and will this team to a win. Dropped Passes, missed routes, lackluster run game, lack of toughness(Except for Hines), poor playcalling, take your pick.

Wow, we won, the offense scored 10 in the fourth quarter, i know it wasn't a great outing by the offense, but we still pulled out the W

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, we won, the offense scored 10 in the fourth quarter, i know it wasn't a great outing by the offense, but we still pulled out the W

Not enough, trust me. It's NEVER enough just to win the damn game against a talented, determined opponent that is fighting for its playoff life. No, we gotta do it purty. Funny how the "W" looks the same way in the standings, though.

stlrtruck
12-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Not me, I'd rather see Boller in the ratbird locker room than Flacco. Flacco actually looks and plays like a QB.

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
12-09-2008, 01:13 PM
We had a tough enough time at home vs the Cowboys D. Baltimore's D at Baltimore is gonna be possibly the toughest test of the season.

Im really not concerned with their D, all i know is the ravens arent gonna score more than 3 the whole game :tt03:

moedap
12-09-2008, 01:29 PM
The Baltimore Ravens have gone 7-3 since our Steelers stole that game from them on September 29th. Their 3 losses came from playoff bound teams: Tennesse, Indy, and the NY Giants. Their most significant win came against the Eagles which was a gift from Andy Reid(He decided to bench McNabb after the half when the score was 10-7). Their win over Washington means nothing since the Redskins have not played with heart since we stomped them. I am not impressed with the Baltimore Ravens. However having said that since this is in Bmore, our offense still sucks, the win over the Cowboys had to take something out of the boys, and Bmore has more to lose with a loss I dont see us winning this one. I hope I am wrong but the stars just arent aligning for me on this.

Hapa
12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Baltimore has a very good defense that operates very similarly to ours. Theirs obviously is not as good, but it's pretty close, especially because their offense stays on the field a LOT longer than ours.

Burghfan58
12-09-2008, 01:54 PM

For some reason the Steelers have played as well on the road this season as at home. Hope that's the case this weekend.:tt03:

hindes204
12-09-2008, 02:01 PM
For some reason the Steelers have played as well on the road this season as at home. Hope that's the case this weekend.:tt03:

We usually play well on the road....and hopefully there will be alot of black and gold in the stands to fire the the steelers up

stlrtruck
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
We usually play well on the road....and hopefully there will be alot of black and gold in the stands to fire the the steelers up

Probably not, as long as the ratbirds are winning, their fans won't sell the tickets.

Fire Haley
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I'll tell you what this game means.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z298/cdump06/Images/Sports_Logos/NFL/images/ravens_suck.gif

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I think the secret will be trying to run at Trevor Pryce. Colon or Miller can seal him. Stapleton should be able to get to Bart Scott and let McHugh get the block on the Stabber.

In pass protection, I see a lot more 3 step drops and quick throws out of that bunch formation and to the slots.

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
ed reed has been playing remarkable lately.. he will be a key on the def in this week's game...

tresh123
12-09-2008, 03:45 PM
game on the line!! who do you want ben or flaco. i think that is the game. we know the defenses are going to have there way in this game. luckily i think the i would take our pass defence over theirs anyday!!!