PDA

View Full Version : Deshea Townsend knew what play was coming

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Outcoached too. The smackdown is complete.

Deshea Townsend knew what play was coming

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/1207BallTD-thumb-250x182.jpg

Pittsburgh cornerback Deshea Townsend's tongue-in-cheek take on the game's deciding play: "It was a great play call by them."

Townsend said he knew that the Cowboys would try to get the ball to Witten on a curl when they lined up in the trips formation. So did defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, who made a play call with that specific route in mind.

"It was a route that they had been running all night," said Townsend, who picked off Tony Romo's pass and returned it 25 yards for a tie-breaking touchdown. "Coach LeBeau made a great call, and it worked out for us."

Townsend sarcastically complimented Romo for making a great throw. "Right at eye level," he said.

The Steelers definitely didn't want to hear any talk about Witten slipping while coming out of his break.

"Deshea just ran the route for the receiver," OLB James Harrison said.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/deshea-townsend-knew-what-play-was-comin.html

---------------------------------------------

ho ho ho!

jjpro11
12-08-2008, 08:32 AM
good stuff.

DACEB
12-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Great call by two seasoned vets (Lebeau & Deshea). I was waiting for our D to score from early on in the game.

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Heath Millers and Ben's fumbles in Dallas territory really screwed up our chances to score early.

Good thing the team turned off the field heaters to stiffen up the turf though - that was a good call, no mush.

TailgateMel
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Terry Bradshaw said before the game that it was going to be interesting to see how things work out in the game, because the matchup was a 50 year veteran Defensive Coordiantor for the Steelers vs. a 3 (or something like that I cant remembers exactly) year veteran Offensive Coordinator for Dallas.....

LeBeau obviously deserves huge credit.

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
The Dallas boards are ready to fire Garrett...calling for his head on the chopping block....pretty funny if you ask me, they wanted him for HC.

"JASON GARRETT QUIT

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/socialnet/forums.cfm?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a24d8e8bc-b132-4a6f-81fa-ab728a950ed1Forum%3a140ede96-a57c-412f-826a-3047cb49bbe1Discussion%3a44426c05-14bf-40d8-8d31-e3f76337decb&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0

TackleMeBen
12-08-2008, 11:48 AM
The Dallas boards are ready to fire Garrett...calling for his head on the chopping block....pretty funny if you ask me, they wanted him for HC.

"JASON GARRETT QUIT

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/socialnet/forums.cfm?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a24d8e8bc-b132-4a6f-81fa-ab728a950ed1Forum%3a140ede96-a57c-412f-826a-3047cb49bbe1Discussion%3a44426c05-14bf-40d8-8d31-e3f76337decb&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0

lol.. jason garrett is their next head coach..lol:chuckle:

SCSTILLER
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
On that INT, when their O-line was lining up my buddy text messaged me and all it said was "INT for a TD". Soon as I set the phone down, Deshea catches the ball and off to the races. I asked him and he said he had a hunch.

Just have to say, Keep up the good work Coach LeBeau!

klick81
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Outcoached too. The smackdown is complete.

Deshea Townsend knew what play was coming

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/1207BallTD-thumb-250x182.jpg

Pittsburgh cornerback Deshea Townsend's tongue-in-cheek take on the game's deciding play: "It was a great play call by them."

Townsend said he knew that the Cowboys would try to get the ball to Witten on a curl when they lined up in the trips formation. So did defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, who made a play call with that specific route in mind.

"It was a route that they had been running all night," said Townsend, who picked off Tony Romo's pass and returned it 25 yards for a tie-breaking touchdown. "Coach LeBeau made a great call, and it worked out for us."

Townsend sarcastically complimented Romo for making a great throw. "Right at eye level," he said.

The Steelers definitely didn't want to hear any talk about Witten slipping while coming out of his break.

"Deshea just ran the route for the receiver," OLB James Harrison said.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/deshea-townsend-knew-what-play-was-comin.html

---------------------------------------------

ho ho ho!

You gotta love Coach LeBeau. He knew what was coming, and won the game for us. :tt02:

steveironcity
12-08-2008, 12:41 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought that Deshea had resorted to Bellicheck- style tactics

Steely McSmash
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Terry Bradshaw said before the game that it was going to be interesting to see how things work out in the game, because the matchup was a 50 year veteran Defensive Coordiantor for the Steelers vs. a 3 (or something like that I cant remembers exactly) year veteran Offensive Coordinator for Dallas.....

LeBeau obviously deserves huge credit.

LeBeau has only been a D coordinator for 7 years total actually. Given his excellence you'd believe he'd been at it for 50. Still obviously the man.

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
well according to owens.. that ball should of went to him since he had such a cushion...

even tho witten "slipped" or ran the wrong route he is still a great te

moedap
12-09-2008, 11:15 PM
I just saw the Replay on the interception and Woodley deserves the credit. Romo saw him come up the middle and instead of following through with his throw he short armed it which made it float. He short armed it because he began to embrace for the hit.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Tony Homo did make quite a good throw on that play didnt he! LOL

cowboykilla
12-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I did too.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-10-2008, 12:09 AM
I called Troy for a pick six, I was pretty close though!

markymarc
12-10-2008, 07:59 AM
While Townsend deserves a lot of credit for making a great play, let's not forget that Woodley forced Romo to throw early as well. I could watch that play over and over and over and over again. Great stuff.

HometownGal
12-10-2008, 08:06 AM
On that INT, when their O-line was lining up my buddy text messaged me and all it said was "INT for a TD". Soon as I set the phone down, Deshea catches the ball and off to the races. I asked him and he said he had a hunch.

Just have to say, Keep up the good work Coach LeBeau!

I think your friend should keep texting you with his hunches! :applaudit::thumbsup:

Dick Lebeau has one of the best defensive minds the NFL has ever seen. It is going to be a sad, sad day in the Burgh when he retires.

I've always loved Deshea - he has a great nose for the ball and does whatever it takes to contribute to the team. :drink: