PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu....INCREDIBLE

MillerMania83
12-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Just about every football fan I talked to today, Steeler fan or other, just kept talking about the play of Troy....The man is INCREDIBLE out there, I MEAN ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E....As a Steeler fan we know that, but many other fans haven't really seen the REAL Polamalu in a couple of years because of the injury bug and it seems some people have just forgot how darn good this guy....And IMO, when he's playing healthy HE IS THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, and honestly, that ain't exaggerating....The way he has been playing this year, it truly is a PLEASURE TO WATCH, and non Steeler fans are saying the same thing....Man, the way he shoots them gaps and makes the plays on the far end of the line of scrimmage and tackles the RB's in the backfield is a thing of beauty....James Harrison is getting a lot of the "headlines" this year and even D player of the year, and rightfully so, but man, how can you not put Polamalu right there with him in any considerations for any "awards"....THANK YOU Troy Polamalu, it's our pleasure watching you "do what you do", and it is magical.

steelersfanman92
12-08-2008, 04:53 PM
He has been having a great year leads the league in ints and would have a lot more if he didnt drop so many! But he should definetly be taken into consideration for some of the awards, but he is almost garenteed to be going to Hawaii

Hapa
12-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Guess who just got a new throwback Polamalu jersey and wore it today to school :D

Frankie3521
12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Agreed. The guy is a absolute beast. Harrison is having one of the best defensive season I have seen in a while though.

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 07:18 PM
he insane work-outs in the offseason are paying off huge right now.. the man is healthy and is making plays evry where

MillerMania83
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I totally agree about the workouts....Troy going out West this past off season to do his own "thing" with Mr. Maronovich is really showing it's worth, and is paying off BIG TIME....Troy seems to be totally rejuvinated this year and he's staying healthy (fingers crosed there, knocking on wood, lol)....Like I said, when he is healthy and playing like he is this year, there is NO ONE any better on the defense side of the ball than #43 ANYWHERE in the LEAGUE, YEAH HE'S THAT DAMN GOOD.

#1LambertFan
12-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Our defense is designed around Polamalu for the most part. He is the laser scope of our 30-06 of a defense. His reads ar right 90% of the time and he never gives up, which has saved us many times.

Brandon
12-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Guess who just got a new throwback Polamalu jersey and wore it today to school :D

Me?:tt:

OneForTheToe
12-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I think Troy is at his best this season. First, for the most part he is healthy. Second, as much as I like Troy as a blitzter, I think he is even better roaming in the secondary and is still fast enough to come up and do run support, which he has been doing more of this season. Troy's other great season was 2005-06. The fear of him blitzing was major reason for the Super Bowl run. In particular, remember in the Colts' playoff game that year. Peyton was so concerned about about Troy blitzing that he called blocking assignemts that let Joey Porter unblocked.:thumbsup::tt03:

The Steelers don't really need as much pressure from Troy on the QB because of our steller outside backers. This has freed Troy up to make so many plays in coverage. Well, at least that's the way I see it.:tt:

Steelman16
12-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I think Troy is at his best this season. First, for the most part he is healthy. Second, as much as I like Troy as a blitzter, I think he is even better roaming in the secondary and is still fast enough to come up and do run support, which he has been doing more of this season. Troy's other great season was 2005-06. The fear of him blitzing was major reason for the Super Bowl run. In particular, remember in the Colts' playoff game that year. Peyton was so concerned about about Troy blitzing that he called blocking assignemts that let Joey Porter unblocked.:thumbsup::tt03:

The Steelers don't really need as much pressure from Troy on the QB because of our steller outside backers. This has freed Troy up to make so many plays in coverage. Well, at least that's the way I see it.:tt:

Yeah, Troy has done less blitzing this year, but when he has he's always a force to be reckoned with. I think when the playoffs hit, we could possibly see more outside QB-blitzes from Troy.

With a healthy Ryan Clark as the safety pin back deep that leaves Troy to do what he does best. I didn't realize Clark was that fast either, until he ran down Choice to save that TD. I really think Clark has also helped bring along Troy's fantastic season this year; IMO, he's the unsung hero of the secondary.

chucoblack&gold
12-09-2008, 01:00 AM
I agree, Polamalu has been under the radar as of late considering the season that our linebackers are having. I'm glad he's suited up in the black & gold.

http://derosia.com/phlog/graphics/dont_steal_polamalu.jpg

Galax Steeler
12-09-2008, 03:43 AM
If his workouts in california makes him play like this then I hope he does it every year the man is incredible all over the field making plays he is fun to watch.

markymarc
12-09-2008, 07:09 AM
I would not want any other NFL safety. Troy is the man and I am glad he wears black and gold. He is healthy and playing amazing football.

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 07:13 AM
I would not want any other NFL safety. Troy is the man and I am glad he wears black and gold. He is healthy and playing amazing football.

As a Ravens fan, I love Ed Reed. He is a ball hawk and will probably be a candidate for the HOF if he continues to play at the same level for a few more years.

But he is not a threat at the LOS like Polomalu is. That #@&^*! guy is all over the field and in the backfield, too. I'm a homer at heart, but if I had to vote for the #1 safety in the NFL, Troy would get my vote.

The Duke
12-09-2008, 10:22 AM
As a Ravens fan, I love Ed Reed. He is a ball hawk and will probably be a candidate for the HOF if he continues to play at the same level for a few more years.

But he is not a threat at the LOS like Polomalu is. That #@&^*! guy is all over the field and in the backfield, too. I'm a homer at heart, but if I had to vote for the #1 safety in the NFL, Troy would get my vote.

Great to see some praise from a ravens fan :drink:

gotta admit though, if I had to choose the best cover safety in the league that'd be reed

he's not the threat troy is, but he's dangerous in his own way

vasteeler
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
i still find it funny that during the off season so many members declaring that his career was done:doh:

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Great to see some praise from a ravens fan :drink:

gotta admit though, if I had to choose the best cover safety in the league that'd be reed

he's not the threat troy is, but he's dangerous in his own way

I'm a homer sometimes, but I'm a fan of great football all the time. I agree with you that Reed is probably the best cover safety in the NFL and can make picks off of any QB, especially when the team really needs one. But when you add up how great Polomalu plays deep, and how quick he is at the LOS helping close gaps, he is hard to beat.

Now.....if one team had both Troy and Ed playing SS and FS? Imagine that!

The Duke
12-09-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm a homer sometimes, but I'm a fan of great football all the time. I agree with you that Reed is probably the best cover safety in the NFL and can make picks off of any QB, especially when the team really needs one. But when you add up how great Polomalu plays deep, and how quick he is at the LOS helping close gaps, he is hard to beat.

Now.....if one team had both Troy and Ed playing SS and FS? Imagine that!

wouldn't be fair. the quarterback would quit before stepping on the field :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I think the MVP of the team at this point has to be Troy. Yeah, our LBs are doing awesome, especially Harrison, but Troy is the missing part that has made our defense the best in the league.

He leads the NFL in Ints, and makes some of the most ridiculous plays I've ever seen.

He is the Team MVP for me at this point. Without him in the lineup, I don't think we get nearly the sacks we have because of his coverage and presence down field.

Crow-Magnon
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
wouldn't be fair. the quarterback would quit before stepping on the field :tt02:

If one could hand-pick the best defensive players from the Steelers and the Ravens and create one outrageous defense out of the two, that team wouldn't even need an offense. They'd keep the other team's offense from scoring a point and would score at least 21 points a game off INT's and fumbles.

MillerMania83
12-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I think the MVP of the team at this point has to be Troy. Yeah, our LBs are doing awesome, especially Harrison, but Troy is the missing part that has made our defense the best in the league.

He leads the NFL in Ints, and makes some of the most ridiculous plays I've ever seen.

He is the Team MVP for me at this point. Without him in the lineup, I don't think we get nearly the sacks we have because of his coverage and presence down field.

I LOVE what you said here, and honestly, I'd have to TOTALLY AGREE with you....True Harrisons and the LB's are having an amazing year, but without Troy, IMO, our D isn't near as good....The guy does EVERYTHING, and at an extremely HIGH LEVEL....Troy Polamalu DEFINITELY get's my vote for team MVP this season.

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 08:20 PM
he should just get the vote b/c he has amazing hair :drool:

HometownGal
12-09-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.timewarptoys.com/mortimer.jpg

P.S. Yes - Troy is simply AWESOME!!!

To all of you non-believers and haters last season . . . .:moon: