PDA

View Full Version : Gut instincts on tomlin

Big D
12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I've posted this before but I started this thread two years ago. I'm glad it worked out the way i wanted
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12923

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
NO, he is inexperienced and hired bad coaches!! He singlehandedly cost us the Colts, Eagles and Giants games!!! That and he does not spit at players from his jutting chin!!

It was a bad move and you will see us get a real coach that uses an athletic backup QB as a punt returner and receiver instead of wasting a 5th round pick on him to hold a clipboard. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 06:12 PM
NO, he is inexperienced and hired bad coaches!! He singlehandedly cost us the Colts, Eagles and Giants games!!! That and he does not spit at players from his jutting chin!!

It was a bad move and you will see us get a real coach that uses an athletic backup QB as a punt returner and receiver instead of wasting a 5th round pick on him to hold a clipboard. :rolleyes:

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

43Hitman
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM

Well, he isn't the coach that cut Kuhn.. So the Chin sucked too. Just sayin':noidea:

tyler289
12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Tomlin is some of my friends' favorite coach in the league, mainly because they think the way he reacts to big plays and stuff is awesome.

I loved the hire then and love it now.

GeoGiant
12-08-2008, 06:37 PM
I thought he looked silly jumping around at the end of the game. Come'on, you are supposed to be a head coach.

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I thought he looked silly jumping around at the end of the game. Come'on, you are supposed to be a head coach.

And we should give a rat's ass what you think because....

stillers4me
12-08-2008, 06:39 PM
See my avatar.

'Nuff said.:checkit:

jjpro11
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM

cowher had his giddy moments too brah... not sure why thats a bad thing.

#1LambertFan
12-08-2008, 06:45 PM
He did not singlehandedly lose us those 3 games our O-line did, and how many games did he help us win. 10-3 don't complain that much about coaching. I think he hasn't made too many bad calls. He does nearly everything the way that I would do it. Nearly because I would yell as much as Cowher did.

Big D
12-08-2008, 06:48 PM

yeah it sucks having a coach thats passionate about his team

fansince'76
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
He did not singlehandedly lose us those 3 games our O-line did, and how many games did he help us win. 10-3 don't complain that much about coaching. I think he hasn't made too many bad calls. He does nearly everything the way that I would do it. Nearly because I would yell as much as Cowher did.

I think El-Gonzo was using sarcasm. :chuckle:

Makaveli
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I've posted this before but I started this thread two years ago. I'm glad it worked out the way i wanted
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12923

You and another member right ? (call on Tomlin):scratchchin::chuckle:

moedap
12-08-2008, 06:58 PM
I was hoping for K.W. and was a bit skeptical when they hired the Tomlinator. The Rooneys continue to demonstrate their ability to be exceptional in appraising management talent. Chuck Noll was the quiet perfectionist. Bill Cowher the loud motivator. Mike Tomlin is to green to label right now but it seems to me he lies in the middle of the previous 2.

Brandon
12-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Please roast in a very hot place below the surface. Thanks :tt:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 07:47 PM
yeah it sucks having a coach thats passionate about his team

Oh well.....at least he isn't stuffing photographs in the ref's pocket and kissing his QB on the cheek yet..............YET. :rolleyes:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I think El-Gonzo was using sarcasm. :chuckle:

No, I was honestly serious :rolleyes: I despise the fact we are 10-3 and leading the AFC north with the toughest schedule since 1975. I think our return game sucks and an experienced coach would be using our athletic rookie QB as a WR/KR. and otherwiser run the ball 70% of the time :wink:

And how can somebody blame the O line singlehandedly for the 3 losses? Everybody knows the buck stops ultimately at the head coach that was only hired because of the Rooney rule. :wink: :wink: :wink: :chuckle:

Frankie3521
12-08-2008, 08:12 PM

Yeah, shame on him for getting excited and into the game.

lilyoder6
12-08-2008, 08:25 PM
i see tomlin evry tuesday, and it seems to me that he is more into tv shows than he is football :shout:

The Duke
12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
i see tomlin evry tuesday, and it seems to me that he is more into tv shows than he is football :shout:

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/omarepps.jpg

:chuckle:

steel9guy
12-08-2008, 08:51 PM
oline cost Eagles game
bad snap cost Giants
Roethlisberger 4 picks cost Colts

Tomlin will be a great coach one day. He's 21-9 in the regular season in his first 2 years and thats pretty good.

billybob
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Tomlin is a risk taker. He has a lot of trust in his defense and his defensive coordinator, and why shouldn't he? He made the call yesterday evening to go for the fourth and one at the goal line. They did not make it , but they left Dallas in a position that they could not overcome. Props to Tomlin!!!!!! He makes that call he is a genius, if he does not then he looks bad? Well it turned out the way he was thinking worked out despite how you may think. Don't be bangin on coach Tomlin please. We are lucky to have him. He is learning still , and wait till he has all the moves down. Then we will see how you feel after you see that sixth trophy hoisted up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow, not funny. I know you're being sarcastic but wtf was that dude.....

Dude................Fansince '76 seemed to get a chuckle out of it. What's wrong with a bit of sarcasm? :noidea:

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 02:51 AM
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/omarepps.jpg

:chuckle:

LOL F'ing Omar Epps, the resemblence is uncanny. I laugh every time I see Tomlin on the sideline and I just think "Juice" and "Higher Learning"

markymarc
12-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Tomlin is the perfect HC for Pittsburgh. He is getting this team to play hard every week. Of course he will continue to learn on the job, but you can tell he is getting better compared to last season. IMO he has the "it" factor and when he stops coaching Tomlin will be another great HC for the Steelers.