PDA

View Full Version : Chance at the #1 Seed

Borski
12-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Alright, if we win out against our last three opponents we will be 13-3 and we need the Titans to lose at least one more game besides ours. Who are the Titans (#16 offense --- #3 defense) more likely to lose to?

Week 15 against the Texans in Texas (#3 offense --- #20 defense) who have won 3 in a row @Cleveland, vs Jacksonville, and @Green Bay.

Or Week 17 at the Colts (#20 offense --- #13 defense) who are on a recent hot streak with 6 in a row, but may have locked up a wild card by then and could be resting starters.

The Patriot
12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Don't write the Titans off. 12-1 is an accomplishment no matter who they played.

kingkulsteel
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Look at how good the colts have played lately i think they are going to beat the titans

LVSteelersfan
12-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Number one seed is not that important. Right now we need to win at least two more games to ensure we make the playoffs at all. Baltimore is on our tail and Indy has the edge in a tiebreaker with us. We just have to win.

kingkulsteel
12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Didn't we just whip your patriots?

Borski
12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Number one seed is not that important. Right now we need to win at least two more games to ensure we make the playoffs at all. Baltimore is on our tail and Indy has the edge in a tiebreaker with us. We just have to win.

If we win our next game, we are in the playoffs. we dont need the next two, although it would be nice.

Fire Haley
12-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Counting chickens is bad karma.

I wish all these threads would go away.

Borski
12-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Counting chickens is bad karma.

I wish all these threads would go away.

I know what your saying, but I said if we are able to do this. I am not taking anything for granted, we still have to play tough. Our opponents are tough and we need to play tough to beat them.

This is about if that situation arrives.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-08-2008, 07:39 PM
The Titans' accomplishments are hollow, especially compared to the hardest schedule since 1978. Bengals, Vikings, Chiefs, Packers, Bears, Lions, Browns, and of course Texans and Jaguars. Cake!

OX1947
12-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't care about the #1 as much as I care about the first round bye. 2nd seed is fine with me and can be clinched if we beat Baltimore. And the way its shaping out is the Steelers should be playing for something all the way til the end of the regular season which wont cause a problem in the timing department like most 2nd and 1st seeds the last few years.

I pray that no more injures happen the rest of the way and with that week off, everyone that is injured can get some more rest and the Steelers can go into the playoffs with everyone healthy and all their back ups with great experience through out the season.

steelpride12
12-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Honestly think no one will, but the Colts have the best chance and will be a tight game. Payton Manning has just come alive and is finally playing at his peak level, and getting the ball to the people who matter including Harrison, Wayne, and Clark.

The titans defense though if able to stop the colts offensive juggernaut I feel would run all over the colts defense which has lacked in the run stop ability for awhile now. Will be a close game to say the least.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-08-2008, 09:57 PM
PATRIOTS FANS HAVE NO BUISNESS HERE!!!! I believe the Colts will need the last game of the season to ensure a playoff spot therefore beating the Titans in a close game, Titans also get upset by Pittsburgh in 2 weeks, Pittsburgh wins out, therefore, the road to glory comes through PITTSBURGH. FIRST TO 6 BABY!

RoethlisBURGHer
12-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Don't write the Titans off. 12-1 is an accomplishment no matter who they played.

I don't think anyone here is writing the Titans off.

We have a good shot at beating them in two weeks, which would give us the head-to-head tie breaker if they lose to the Texans or the Colts and we win out...giving us identical 13-3 records.

I think they'll lose to the Colts. The Colts very well might need that game to clinch their wild card berth. I don't see Dungy resting his players anyhow, even if they clinch before the game.

jjpro11
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
the texans game has trap written all over it. titans are coming off clinching the division, the next week they face the steelers, away game, and the texans offense has been on fire lately. if they can contain the run half decently, the texans could pull it off.

Borski
12-09-2008, 12:36 AM
the texans game has trap written all over it. titans are coming off clinching the division, the next week they face the steelers, away game, and the texans offense has been on fire lately. if they can contain the run half decently, the texans could pull it off.

Though, if the Texans to beat them, the Titans will be angry and looking for a win against us. Making them loss two in a row will be tough.

steelreserve
12-09-2008, 01:48 AM

I don't know; I feel kind of inclined to write the Titans off. Last I heard, they had a statue of Kerry Collins starting at quarterback.

Galax Steeler
12-09-2008, 03:59 AM
We do have a shot at the no.1 seed but things are going to have to fall our way we need to go after baltimore and come out with a win and let the cards fall as they may.