PDA

View Full Version : Will the starters play?

steel9guy
12-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I've never been to a Steelers game before but I got tickets to the brownies game at the end of the year. Assuming that the Steelers would win this Sunday and clinch the division and the 2nd seed do you think the Steelers would play any of the starters for a drive or so at that game??? this is all based on assumption that the Steelers win this Sunday. I mean I would like to see Roethlisberger and Woodley.

VTsteel
12-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I would imagine that if we win the next two . . . Most of the starters would play the 1st half only

The Duke
12-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I've never been to a Steelers game before but I got tickets to the brownies game at the end of the year. Assuming that the Steelers would win this Sunday and clinch the division and the 2nd seed do you think the Steelers would play any of the starters for a drive or so at that game??? this is all based on assumption that the Steelers win this Sunday. I mean I would like to see Roethlisberger and Woodley.

hard to say. last year most played, ben was one of the few who didn't since I think he had a minor injury

with this only being tomlin's 2nd year its hard to predict what he does at times

You may see lots of gary russell though :tt03:

WWIIOwheelz
12-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Once they clinched last year, they coasted a bit. That wasn't the wrong thing to do, I don't think, but Tomlin showed me that he places in a lot of importance in resting his A guys as much as possible at this point in the year.

Got a lot of work left, though. I don't like thinking about life after the 15th, yet.

Frankie3521
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I never liked the idea of benching the starters. I would rather let them keep doing what they have been, we are potentially getting a 1st round bye. I don't want the guys to go into the playoffs without playing for a while and be rusty.

Just the way I look at it.

TailgateMel
12-08-2008, 09:03 PM
No, the starters won't play... so you need to sell your tickets to me... I'll buy them for $40 each (just kidding!)

I would imagine they will play, but if we have it clinched, it will only be for the 1st half as someone mentioned. The other year (2004-2005 season)... we had everything clinched & went & played Buffalo & pretty much had our "scrubs" (as Myron called them) in and we still pummelled them.. lol... I drove up for that game, it was a sea of terrible towels @ Ralph Wilson stadium....ahhhh... good times.. good times...

Sharkissle29
12-08-2008, 09:53 PM
the way the offense is playing, the starters should play the entire game bc they are just not ready yet (offensively that is)

ShutDown24
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM
the way the offense is playing, the starters should play the entire game bc they are just not ready yet (offensively that is)

I agree.

Borski
12-08-2008, 10:09 PM
If we get the 1st round bye, I can see our starters playing because you dont want them to get rusty at all going about 3 weeks without playing a game

jjpro11
12-08-2008, 11:32 PM
they will start the game, and then the browns will be fed to the hungry second stringers trying to make names for themselves.

markymarc
12-09-2008, 06:30 AM
The starters don't have to play the whole game, but they should continue to play until the last game. With our offensive struggles a layoff could be a bad thing.

TackleMeBen
12-09-2008, 09:39 AM
the giants played their starters last year and we all know what happen then.. they won the superbowl...

BlastFurnace
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
I believe we let them play, if they are healthy...especially on offense.

The offense has been rusty enough. We need them to get as much game action as possible to keep some kind of continuity going.

Potentially, we are looking at our 6th Ring this year.

This is exciting.

Pentheon
12-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I think it also depends on how the titans do. they COULD finish the season 12-4 and we could finish 13-3. Even if both teams finish 13-3 if we beat them 1 of the games we have the edge for the #1 seed, so I think they'll play most likely.

CanadianSteel
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
No, the starters won't play... so you need to sell your tickets to me... I'll buy them for $40 each (just kidding!)

I would imagine they will play, but if we have it clinched, it will only be for the 1st half as someone mentioned. The other year (2004-2005 season)... we had everything clinched & went & played Buffalo & pretty much had our "scrubs" (as Myron called them) in and we still pummelled them.. lol... I drove up for that game, it was a sea of terrible towels @ Ralph Wilson stadium....ahhhh... good times.. good times...

Was there as well....i was great telling Bills fans that our backups are better than your starters even with nothing to play for.

Also out fans are better as well filling a thrid to half the stadium with in a non meaningful game.

Brings back good memories indeed....