PDA

View Full Version : Steeler fans, most brutal on QB's?

SteelCityKingsVP
12-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Why is it that as far as the quarterback position in Pittsburgh there are so many fair weather fans? If the QB is doing well everyone loves him, if he makes one little mistake, "bench him" put in the no. 2? Im not specifially talking about Ben, Im talking about the QB position in general with Pittsburgh. Yes, I know, other teams' fans are wicked with their QBs' too, it just seems that Pittsburgh fans are the most brutal.

Your thoughts

steelpride12
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Na i see it from all fans from all teams perspectives. I mean most people don't mean the rude comments, we all love our QB to death it just gets frustrating when they have a bad game def. at the level Ben should be playing speaking he is our 102 million dollar QB.

Hapa
12-08-2008, 09:38 PM
QB's are under more scrutiny than any other player, so it's just natural.

stillers4me
12-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Some people seem to be resentlful of the fact that we'll never be a "fantasy stat", finesse football team. They think our QB's have to have those glamour stats that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have. Me, I'll take the shove the football down their throats, smashem' bashem', the hell with "style points" Steelers football any day. It's not always pretty, but it's always fun!

X-Terminator
12-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Without question. And that's despite the cyber ass-whoopin' Tony Homo is taking right now from the Cowgirls fans.

#1LambertFan
12-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Some people seem to be resentlful of the fact that we'll never be a "fantasy stat", finesse football team. They think our QB's have to have those glamour stats that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have. Me, I'll take the shove the football down their throats, smashem' bashem', the hell with "style points" Steelers football any day. It's not always pretty, but it's always fun!

My opinion the Steelers will be a fantasy powerhouse if we get the O-line gelling again. In my eyes good runningbacks are like gold. QB's that score 25+ are a dime a dozen.

The Duke
12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Na i see it from all fans from all teams perspectives. I mean most people don't mean the rude comments, we all love our QB to death it just gets frustrating when they have a bad game def. at the level Ben should be playing speaking he is our 102 million dollar QB.

you sure about that one? there are prime example of the opposite on this board

Heck, I haven't been a steelers fan as long as most but I know many are spoiled, especally when it comes to the quarterback

Brual? yes. Most brutal? That's debatable

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Why is it that as far as the quarterback position in Pittsburgh there are so many fair weather fans? If the QB is doing well everyone loves him, if he makes one little mistake, "bench him" put in the no. 2? Im not specifially talking about Ben, Im talking about the QB position in general with Pittsburgh. Yes, I know, other teams' fans are wicked with their QBs' too, it just seems that Pittsburgh fans are the most brutal.

Your thoughts

Cause the Pirates suck, there is no Basketball and no one likes hockey so the Steelers is all there is and it's nerve-wrecking to see the QB struggle, even if it is only for 1 game? I'm just guessing, I'm from NY. Most of my friends are Giant fans and it took most of them 2 1/2 years to say Eli was a bust. If Pittsburgh would've drafted Eli, he would've been dead after 4 games.

steelreserve
12-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Ben sure has sucked in a few games this year, but I haven't heard many people who I honestly believe think he needs to go. He's in a slump, but he's still the best guy we've had at QB for 20 years and anyone with half a brain knows it.

I think maybe after dealing with Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Maddox all in a row, it's only natural if the fans are a little jumpy about the QB.

SunshineMan21
12-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Um, Philly?

Remember "A.J. Feely over Donovan McNabb?"

No, we're not the toughest on QBs.

Galax Steeler
12-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Um, Philly?

Beat me to it my thoughts exactly.

lambertlunaticfan
12-09-2008, 03:37 AM
not to mention the cyber whoppin' you just gave him-its tony romo from the cowboys,Without question. And that's despite the cyber ass-whoopin' Tony Homo is taking right now from the Cowgirls fans.

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Well its simple really...every fan of every team is just upset that the guy playing QB for them is not named Terry Bradshaw.

So everyone must complain and be dissapointed in their QB. If they could clone Terry Bradshaw and make 32 of him, then every fan would have the chance to never have to worry about being upset with their QB.

But since their is only one, and will only ever be one Terry Bradshaw, we all must deal with second best.

scsteeler
12-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Um, Philly?

Yes Philly? I was just thinking that. McNabb got booed when they drafted him.

SteelMember
12-09-2008, 07:52 AM

Drafted...how about two weeks ago.

I'd have to say they are the worst. Funny thing is that I'd say I see the same here. I'm no donovan fan, but he is a good QB. I think they (philly) would miss him just as much as we'd miss Ben imo.

"Don't know what cha got till it's gone." :noidea:

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Steeler fans, most brutal on QB's?

Does a bear crap in the woods?

The_WARDen
12-09-2008, 08:59 AM

Your thoughts

It's the nature of the position...the QB is the focal point and if the known (starter) is struggling, fans are willing to gamble on the unknown (backup).

The_WARDen
12-09-2008, 09:01 AM

actually, they didn't boo McNabb...they booed the fact that the Eagles passed on Ricky Williams whom the fans here wanted more than McNabb. He just happened to be the name that was selected not named Ricky Williams.

stlrtruck
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I would say it's because they are one of the most highly paid positions in the game. Therefore, the level of responsiblity and accountability presumably goes up with it.

SteelCityKing
12-09-2008, 01:00 PM

Your thoughts

you know what makes this situation worse...the racial baggage that comes with being in the starting QB. my old roomate is a die hard Steeler fan. Pittsburgh born and raised and ALL he ever does is bitch out when Ben does horribly is first instinct is to "put in the man! put in Leftwich!" -- he's always giving out the vibes like "but the black QB in and give him a chance." trust me...it doesn't matter if you are black or white...you can still suck and be beaten down and out in Pittsburgh. Kordell, i'm looking in your direction. haha!

honestly, i REALLY get tired of fair weather fans. on slip up and you get "oh, we suck!","bench him he's garbage," or "we need a new QB!" -- seriously, just by you yelling at the tv and giving your opinion the organization will suddenly wake up and change their ways! seriously, quit being a douche and take the game for what it is and love like it do. DON'T hate and shut up.

said and done...