PDA

View Full Version : We need to trade Mendy for Hillis

Steelthe#1dynasty
12-09-2008, 01:24 AM
This guy would provide some much needed "thunder" to our offense. He is a down hill runner and does not run upright like Dumptruck. He also has great hands and can catch the ball from any area of the field. I see flashes of Bettis in this guy, minus the weight problem. Discuss.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih8WKX-Xmbo

Preacher
12-09-2008, 01:26 AM
:rolleyes:

steelreserve
12-09-2008, 01:38 AM
You know what? Screw it. We need to just call Bettis up and tell him we're signing him for 3 plays a game. He doesn't need to come to practice, he doesn't even need to work out. Just take the f***ing ball and run over a couple people when we absolutely need it, then hang out on the sideline and drink beer the rest of the game. I'm pretty sure he could play until he was 45 if this was how we used him. Because all this other sh*t is just getting ridiculous.

NYC SteelersFan
12-09-2008, 01:43 AM
You know what? Screw it. We need to just call Bettis up and tell him we're signing him for 3 plays a game. He doesn't need to come to practice, he doesn't even need to work out. Just take the f***ing ball and run over a couple people when we absolutely need it, then hang out on the sideline and drink beer the rest of the game. I'm pretty sure he could play until he was 45 if this was how we used him. Because all this other sh*t is just getting ridiculous.

Is it bad that I wouldn't be completely opposed to this until it was proven to be a horrible idea? lol

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaDTBQfngL0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaDTBQfngL0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My vote is for this guy...

SunshineMan21
12-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Don't you think it's just a little bit early to give up on Mendy?

The guy got what, like 10 carries this year?

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 02:07 AM

Not at all. After all, Timmons was declared a bust about this same time last year. Didn't you know that unless rookies taken in the 1st or 2nd contribute at an all-pro level from the start, they are busts? Get with the program! :rolleyes:

steelreserve
12-09-2008, 02:11 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaDTBQfngL0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaDTBQfngL0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Since they moved him to fullback this year and he had something like 100 yards, people are projecting him to fall to the late rounds or out of the draft entirely. I'd take that dude for a 5th-round pick if we could get him.

I did have a nice LOL at this on his Wikipedia page:

Outside of football

Jorvorskie lives with his girlfriend and his daughters Javia amd Jai'Unna and son Jorvorskie Jr. He has garnered support from his coaches ever since.

So this guy is a senior in college and has three kids already? What is he trying to become, the father of our country?

Steelman16
12-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Not at all. After all, Timmons was declared a bust about this same time last year. Didn't you know that unless rookies taken in the 1st or 2nd contribute at an all-pro level from the start, they are busts? Get with the program! :rolleyes:

Gosh! :chuckle:

Trade Hillis for Mendy? How about we see what he's got first. :coffee:

So this guy is a senior in college and has three kids already? What is he trying to become, the father of our country?

What's wrong with that? Maybe his boyhood hero was Travis Henry. :laughing:

Galax Steeler
12-09-2008, 03:38 AM
I think it is a little to early to be talking about trading Mendy the guy needs a chance.

Texasteel
12-09-2008, 06:00 AM

Don't be surprised if you get what you asked for.

markymarc
12-09-2008, 07:15 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2008, 07:46 AM
I had the chance to watch Hillis for his entire college career. He was pretty good. However once McFadden and Jones took over the Arkasnas running game, Hillis had some problems with Focus. He fumbled, and dropped passes and just didn't seem to be in the right place. Of coarse the entire team blew up last season with the Nutt/Malzon/Mustaine situation.

Hillis is a good utility guy, he'll never break open a 60 yard run at the NFL level, he lacks that burst of speed at the end. He's a pretty good lead blocker and a pretty good short yardage guy, however there were plenty of times when Houston Nutt would call 3 running plays in a row with Hillis on short yardage and the guy would get stuffed. Bad play calling, sure, but also, Hillis isn't the kind of guy to point at a hole at the defense and say "I'm coming right there, dare you to stop me" and then he runs at the hole and gets through. More times than not, in college anyway, if they knew he was coming off tackle, he got stuffed.

SteelersMongol
12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
This guy would provide some much needed "thunder" to our offense. He is a down hill runner and does not run upright like Dumptruck. He also has great hands and can catch the ball from any area of the field. I see flashes of Bettis in this guy, minus the weight problem. Discuss.....

:doh: U must've been smoking something when U wrote this. We're good with what we have so far. Willie, Rashard, & Mewelde. What more can U ask?

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 09:09 AM

Not really,...he was soft and overated coming out of College. In fact i was on record as saying to friends that we should take Devin Thomas in the first and Matt Forte in the second rnd,......but nobody listens.:banging::chuckle:

Godfather
12-09-2008, 09:18 AM
We should try putting Chris Hoke in at RB in short yardage situations. Give him the ball sometimes, or just use him as a decoy so we can throw a screen or a short pass to Miller/Spaeth. Can't be any worse than it is right now.

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 09:18 AM
We should try putting Chris Hoke in at RB in short yardage situations. Give him the ball sometimes, or just use him as a decoy so we can throw a screen or a short pass to Miller/Spaeth. Can't be any worse than it is right now.

Big Snack = The "New Fridge?" :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Trade away the 2007 Big Ten player of the year (Mendenhall-1st Rd Pick) for a guy that primarily blocked at Arkansas (Hillis-7th round pick)??
:rofl:

Why dont we see if we can get Jeff Otah in a trade for Ryan Mundy??

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I heard today that Hillis is out for the season with a torn Hammie.

Another thing about Hillis in college, he was always hurt.

devilsdancefloor
12-09-2008, 09:35 AM
well hillis is on IR the rst of the season pull the hamstring off the bone OUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! and i thought we had RB woes i heard that the elways will be on there 7th different starting Tailback

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Trade away the 2007 Big Ten player of the year (Mendenhall-1st Rd Pick) for a guy that primarily blocked at Arkansas (Hillis-7th round pick)??

How about if we resign Dookie (for the 15th time) and trade him straight up for Joe Thomas?

Dino 6 Rings
12-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Just Bring Me The KUHN!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
I heard today that Hillis is out for the season with a torn Hammie.

Another thing about Hillis in college, he was always hurt.

Well, maybe we could just trade him for Sweed now because he is hurt, instead of having to trade Mendenhall?

43Hitman
12-09-2008, 09:52 AM

If you make more threads with asinine statements like this, I am going to start a campaign to keep you a waterboy indefinitely . You have got to be out of your mind to even suggest something like this. How about we get some quality offensive lineman to help our running game first. Then see what Mendy actually has to offer before we do something this stupid. So did you just start watching football about 4 weeks ago?:banging::banging::banging:

And if this thread was meant to be sarcasm I retract the previous statements.

BlastFurnace
12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Mendenhall will be fine. He looked good in the Baltimore game before being hurt. We need to remember that he is a rookie. Not everyone can be Adrian Peterson in their first year.

What I would like to see, is have a veteran RB teach him a few things...like Jerome did with Willie. We have brought back players like Kevin Greene to help out players like Woodley in camp. I would like to see someone brought in that can give Mendenhall some pointers as well.

Mendenhall will be fine. Next preseason is going to be where see what he can do.

He's a guy that can give us the consistent 3-6 yard carries that Jerome gave us...which would do wonders for our offense.

Sharkissle29
12-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Not really,...he was soft and overated coming out of College. In fact i was on record as saying to friends that we should take Devin Thomas in the first and Matt Forte in the second rnd,......but nobody listens.:banging::chuckle:

Although Forte has had a great rookie year, devin thomas hasnt really done a thing...give mendy a shot, watch his highlight reel

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 11:11 AM

The Key words here being "Big Ten". Every few decades or so, it produces a Franco Harris or Eddie George,....but for the most part,...your taking an even greater risk than usual drafting a Back from this conference as they are usually "marginal" players. (to say the very least.)

Fire Haley
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

100% correct.

Hillis just had his hamstring shredded, snapped and ripped off the bone.
He'll be lucky to be walking in 6 months.

I'll keep Mendenhall.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
The Key words here being "Big Ten". Every few decades or so, it produces a Franco Harris or Eddie George,....but for the most part,...your taking an even greater risk than usual drafting a Back from this conference as they are usually "marginal" players. (to say the very least.)

OK, you are sooooo right. We should just trade him for Hillis. Great justification. :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Not really,...he was soft and overated coming out of College.:

I love the "soft and overrated" analysis. Very insightful. Here is what the scouting report was on him from NFL.com

...Tough, competitive athlete who has played behind some very average offensive lines, having to create a lot on his own...Instinctive runner with a good feel for the cutback lanes, doing a good job of setting up his moves in attempts to elude. Has the vision that lets him see things most backs don't...Can create if the hole is closed, but is best when taking what he can get...Does not dance in the hole, showing good body lean moving forward...Shows a good stiff-arm running with power to bounce off would-be tacklers. Plays strong, but using him as just a short-yardage back would be wasting his ability to run over second-level defenders, as he has that power to get through the hole.

...Coaches have worked hard to get him to reduce the arm motion used when carrying the ball, as it resulted in costly fumbles in 2006

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/rashard-mendenhall?id=939#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=El-Gonzo Jackson;492623]I love the "soft and overrated" analysis. Very insightful. Here is what the scouting report was on him from NFL.com

...Coaches have worked hard to get him to reduce the arm motion used when carrying the ball, as it resulted in costly fumbles in 2006

Soft in terms of toughness,...yeah he looks like Tarzan but he's "built" (heart) like Jane.

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
OK, you are sooooo right. We should just trade him for Hillis. Great justification. :thumbsup:

Correct me if i'm wrong,...but when exactly did i say that we should trade him for Hillis ?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong,...but when exactly did i say that we should trade him for Hillis ?

Correct me if I'm wrong............when did I exactly say that the Big Ten consistently produces great running backs?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Soft in terms of toughness,...yeah he looks like Tarzan but he's "built" (heart) like Jane.

Is his soft in terms of toughness based on the fact he has a broken shoulder?? Or something else?

I remember him toughing it out in training camp and blocking well in the backs vs. backers drill. I just don't think I saw a lot from him in college that I would call "soft"

Probably the best part of the backs versus the backers was number one draft pick Rashard Mendenhall, proving his reputation as a solid blocker.
http://kdka.com/steelers/Steelers.training.camp.2.782384.html

RoethlisBURGHer
12-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Does Makaveli like ANYONE on this football team?

43Hitman
12-09-2008, 03:03 PM
[quote=El-Gonzo Jackson;492623]I love the "soft and overrated" analysis. Very insightful. Here is what the scouting report was on him from NFL.com

So wait a second here. You take the one sentence in the whole paragraph that is negative, and try to spin it so it justifies your statement. Okay, I see how you operate. :coffee:

43Hitman
12-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Not sure..He usually only has something negative to say. Oh yeah and nobody listens to him. Like he's some sort of football genius that doesn't even work for the NFL. Go figure.

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong............when did I exactly say that the Big Ten consistently produces great running backs?

I never said that you did. (comment about the Big Ten producing great backs) My question was in reference to you mentioning Hillis in your response to me. And in terms of your opinion of Rashard,...your entiltled to that. It just so happens that i was never that exceptionally impressed with him watching him play in college or here in the preseason. And that's my opinion.

How about we agree to disagree,...and just allow "time to tell" if you will. ?

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
[quote=Makaveli;492695]

So wait a second here. You take the one sentence in the whole paragraph that is negative, and try to spin it so it justifies your statement. Okay, I see how you operate. :coffee:

Actually 43,...the last paragraph remaining was a "typo",...i don't have to use his problem with fumbling as any sort of justification.

Sith Lord

My Christmas wish....to be a mod.

Makaveli

Why indeed i do,....everyone except the players i do not like.

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 03:46 PM
i doubt that the broncos will let him go after seeing what he has done b4 going on IR... he could pos be the starting rb next yr

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Not sure..He usually only has something negative to say. .

You or others may take it as being "negative",.....but in reality i'm just not a "pom pom/Rah rah" person.(Henceforth the reason you won't often find me drooling all over players when they are doing well either,...it's their jobs,...and they would tell you as much)

Bottom line,.... I call it how i see it, based upon MY perspective.

OneForTheToe
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM

I was thinking when he is healthy about Kiesel. He is a pretty athletic guy for his size. Remember when he was the wedge buster on kick off coverage?

43Hitman
12-09-2008, 04:15 PM
You or others may take it as being "negative",.....but in reality i'm just not a "pom pom/Rah rah" person.(Henceforth the reason you won't often find me drooling all over players when they are doing well either,...it's their jobs,...and they would tell you as much)

Bottom line,.... I call it how i see it, based upon MY perspective.

Just calling it how I see it, based on MY perspective. :coffee: And I wouldn't consider myself a "pom pom/Rah rah" person. I just try and give credit where credit is due. You should try it sometime. It really is quite refreshing.

paw-n-maul-u
12-09-2008, 04:26 PM
am I responding to this thread? oh man ...

paw-n-maul-u
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
This is the most unrealistic thread I have ever seen.

Trade our #1 pick from last year ... for the 7th round pick of the broncos?

To add power to our game?

I don't even know what to think. I really think some people get on here and ENJOY saying stupid stuff just to piss people off ... I don't understand the existence of "trolls" ... why the hell would anyone waste their time to go to another site and just ramble absurd shbullit.

Do people really go that much out of their way to make signatures and everything blah blah just to get a rise out of real steelers fans/members? I really can't imagine someone would do that. So here is the conclusion. There are a lot of REALLY ... REALLY dumb steeler fans.

this is quite unfortunate ... but alas, that has to be the ultimate conclusion. So either people are A)really dumb ... or B)really pathetic and will argue for up to 50+ thread posts to either A) make a point they think they know but are really just lost ... or B) spend that much time trying to make a few people mad.

I can't wait till we beat the ravens

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
How about we agree to disagree,...and just allow "time to tell" if you will. ? I'm good with that.

BTW, who are you pimpin as draft picks for next year? I was liking Forte(and Mendy, Stewart, Choice, Hester) last year too, but not a big Devin Thomas fan.....and I know you were pimpin the QB from NC St. back in the day.

Steelman16
12-09-2008, 05:21 PM
I know i sound stupid, but who's Mendy?

Rashard Mendenhall.

:wink02:

But it doesn't matter, cuz we're gonna trade him for Peyton "Busted Hamstring" Hillis anyway. :chuckle:

Crushzilla
12-09-2008, 05:28 PM
What do you guys expect?

When one of two key elements that has defined this francise (power running) is absent, people start getting nervous.

Maybe to an irrational level...

The truth is that the Steelers would never trade their number one pick (especially since he hasn't had a chance to prove himself) for the Bronco's gem.

I'm sure other fans were clamoring for a trade when we unearthed Parker, but he's not going anywhere.

I'll give props to Broncs on their find and wait until the Steelers find a nice power guy the same way. He may already be in-house.

:noidea:

fansince'76
12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
This is the most unrealistic thread I have ever seen.

Trade our #1 pick from last year ... for the 7th round pick of the broncos?

To add power to our game?

Do people really go that much out of their way to make signatures and everything blah blah just to get a rise out of real steelers fans/members? I really can't imagine someone would do that. So here is the conclusion. There are a lot of REALLY ... REALLY dumb steeler fans.

I think a lot of is that Mende has been on the shelf for the last 2+ months while Hillis has had his name mentioned a couple times by Mushmouth (Shannon Sharpe) on the CBS studio show for going for a buck-29 against the Jets coming off the bench, so people think "wow, that guy must be good!" Ummm, folks, I live in Denver and have Broncos news involuntarily shoved down my throat on a regular basis - Hillis is a backup to a backup to a backup - he's the Broncos' FIFTH STRING RB.

SaskSteeler
12-09-2008, 05:39 PM
I think mendy will end up being like deangelo williams. He'll start learning how to run behind his blockers and be very good. We should alos let him play more than 5 or 6 games before we banish him.

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Mendy and Johnathan Stewart are by far the best running backs in this years draft.

i would have 2 say that forte is doing pretty good... and D-MAC is a great back.. but too bad 4 him he plays 4 the raiders

OX1947
12-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Mendy will be a 1500 yard rusher one day, he got injuried on a freak play. He will be our guy next year..

SunshineMan21
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Hillis is mostly a system back . . . he's a tough guy with a good one-cut style, but the Broncos zone-blocking system lends itself to that type of runner.

OX1947
12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
i would have 2 say that forte is doing pretty good... and D-MAC is a great back.. but too bad 4 him he plays 4 the raiders

If Mendy hadnt gotten injured, he would have been a 1,000 running back this year for us. Trust me, Mendy is the real deal, and he will be our guy next year.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I think it is a little to early to be talking about trading Mendy the guy needs a chance.

Agree'd Mendenhall will be a great running back. IF he can stay healthy. We cant bail on him yet he hasnt really had a chance. Honestly, I see flashes of Bettis in him, only a faster Bettis with better hands. Did anyone watch him in College? He is very good. He just needs some experience

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Trade a first round back for a 7th round full back??
Um..... No

Makaveli
12-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm good with that.

BTW, who are you pimpin as draft picks for next year? I was liking Forte(and Mendy, Stewart, Choice, Hester) last year too, but not a big Devin Thomas fan.....and I know you were pimpin the QB from NC St. back in the day.

Well Gonz,... officially i'm campaigning for Rey Maualuga,.....but i know that's highly unlikely as we won't be selecting anywhere near the top Ten. (And Tomlin is apparently infatuated withTimmons,..even if Colbert did have the balls to make a move for him. (Rey))

And as i'm sure you are already aware of, there are so many intangibles in terms of the teams ahead of us "reaching" or drafting surprise "workout warriors". But with that said,... here are a few other players "i could live with"(:chuckle) in Rnd 1,.....

Michael Oher-Ole Miss

Taylor Mays-USC

Eugene Monroe-Virginia

Tyson Jackson-LSU

Or Evander Hood-Mizzou (if we are picking at 32,...which would really make him an early 2nd Rnd pick IMO)

What does your first round board look like ?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Talk abour Mendy being injured???

Read this
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80d299b4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Well Gonz,... officially i'm campaigning for Rey Maualuga,.....but i know that's highly unlikely as we won't be selecting anywhere near the top Ten. (And Tomlin is apparently infatuated withTimmons,..even if Colbert did have the balls to make a move for him. (Rey))

And as i'm sure you are already aware of, there are so many intangibles in terms of the teams ahead of us "reaching" or drafting surprise "workout warriors". But with that said,... here are a few other players "i could live with"(:chuckle) in Rnd 1,.....

Michael Oher-Ole Miss

Taylor Mays-USC

Eugene Monroe-Virginia

Tyson Jackson-LSU

Or Evander Hood-Mizzou (if we are picking at 32,...which would really make him an early 2nd Rnd pick IMO)

What does your first round board look like ?

Havent got a first round board. Just been concentrating on guys that I think fits the Steelers needs. I like Oher, Monroe, Smith, but think they will all be gone in the top 15. I am so not sold on Tyson Jackson....watched him a few games this year and he doesnt look to use his strength. The Ole Miss TE handled him in pass protection.

I'm liking Phil Loadholt as a realistic pick of ours in the #30's, along with DT's Fili Moala or Peria Jerry. Alex Mack or Jonathan Luigs at center or maybe Eric Wood later on in the 3rd. At guard later on looking at Dockery from Texas or Vasquez from Tex Tech. Would love to see Darius Butler or DJ Moore as CB/KR, but have to see if they slide at the combine.

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Agree'd Mendenhall will be a great running back. IF he can stay healthy. We cant bail on him yet he hasnt really had a chance. Honestly, I see flashes of Bettis in him, only a faster Bettis with better hands. Did anyone watch him in College? He is very good. He just needs some experience

i'm not doubting that mendenhall isn't good or going to be good.. but i think that in addition to him and stewart, forte and d-mac are good... hell this whole rb class is rly good, including hillis,smith, felix jones, etc

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 09:53 PM
some players that i am looking at for the steelers draft board.. could consist of

dt terrance cody from bama... he is a "big" man.. and if good enough in leading up 2 draft could be a good replacement 4 hampton/hoke

ot alex boone osu... he could be a good pick

maybe 4 a late rd center aq shipley from psu.. steady starter for them and has been quitely good

Rhee Rhee
12-10-2008, 02:00 AM
omg are u fckin serious? mendy for hillis? wtf!

just watch illinois-usc and u'll see why i'd take mendy over hillis anyday...

btw broncos will make ANYONE look good...their zone blocking scheme has been perfect since god knows when...

jjpro11
12-10-2008, 02:13 AM
this was a hell of a draft class overall. mendenhall will be one of the good ones too. just wait until he gets back on the field.

Galax Steeler
12-10-2008, 03:58 AM
Like someone stated above he was having a good game in Baltimore untill he got injured that was against a good deffense I can imagine what he could do against a soft run deffense.

LambertIsGod58
12-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I didn't have time to read all these posts, so it may have already been posted. But, I wouldn't give up just yet on what some were calling the best running back prospect in the draft. And someone did mention the USC game....that's all the proof I need to hold onto him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-10-2008, 02:05 PM
some players that i am looking at for the steelers draft board.. could consist of

dt terrance cody from bama... he is a "big" man.. and if good enough in leading up 2 draft could be a good replacement 4 hampton/hoke

ot alex boone osu... he could be a good pick

maybe 4 a late rd center aq shipley from psu.. steady starter for them and has been quitely good
Yeah, Cody is Huge.....I want to know his injury history a bit though. He almost carries too much weight.

Boone to me is purely a RT. Looks like a less mobile Tony Pashos, Marc Columbo or Aaron Sears. Still would be solid RT.

I think Mendenhall and Stewart were the best RB's for the NFL game. I also thought that Darren McFadden was "Reggie Bush lite" and wouldnt be an impact player in the NFL.

The_WARDen
12-10-2008, 02:16 PM
:doh: U must've been smoking something when U wrote this. We're good with what we have so far. Willie, Rashard, & Mewelde. What more can U ask?

RBs that stay healthy?

The_WARDen
12-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I didn't have time to read all these posts, so it may have already been posted. But, I wouldn't give up just yet on what some were calling the best running back prospect in the draft. And someone did mention the USC game....that's all the proof I need to hold onto him.

He will never be Barry Sanders! Just look at the stats!

lilyoder6
12-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, Cody is Huge.....I want to know his injury history a bit though. He almost carries too much weight.

Boone to me is purely a RT. Looks like a less mobile Tony Pashos, Marc Columbo or Aaron Sears. Still would be solid RT.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
boone could be better than colon, then u could move him around if they wanted 2..

and w/ cody his weight his an issue.. how many plays can he go for b4 taking a breather? w/ him being so big, will he be able to handle the intensity the pro's bring?
but this yr at bama he has been doing pretty good playing and what not,, and the only injury to his this yr was that of his knee

43Hitman
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM

I think Mendenhall and Stewart were the best RB's for the NFL game. I also thought that Darren McFadden was "Reggie Bush lite" and wouldnt be an impact player in the NFL.

Yeah Cody showed up to training camp at 420 lbs. so he does battle weight a bit. But I have watched him play this year and the guy is a beast. I think he is only a sophmore though. But I would definitely like to have him on our squad in the future.

lilyoder6
12-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah Cody showed up to training camp at 420 lbs. so he does battle weight a bit. But I have watched him play this year and the guy is a beast. I think he is only a sophmore though. But I would definitely like to have him on our squad in the future.

cody is a jr...

Hines0wnz
12-11-2008, 12:29 AM
*sniffs*

Yep, this thread stinks.

LambertIsGod58
12-11-2008, 07:03 AM
He will never be Barry Sanders! Just look at the stats!

you're right.....

43Hitman
12-11-2008, 08:56 AM
cody is a jr...

Cool. Thanks for the correction. :thumbsup:

:helmet:

lilyoder6
12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Cool. Thanks for the correction. :thumbsup:

:helmet:

u is welcome :hatsoff:

skinart82
12-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I would straight stab somebody (also known as pulling a RayRay) to have Jorvorskie Lane in Black and Gold!!

thebus36idf
12-11-2008, 11:36 PM

Sorry btu the video you have here just has a guy running through holes big enough to drive a truck through. Yeah he can catch, but so can moore