View Full Version : Ravens Fans Ready To Defeat Pittsburgh Steelers

mesaSteeler
12-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Ravens Fans Ready To Defeat Pittsburgh Steelers
Reporting
Mike Schuh
BALTIMORE (WJZ) ―
http://wjz.com/sports/baltimore.ravens.steelers.2.883431.html

The Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers have met 24 times in history. But it is this weekends' game which may determine which club goes into the playoffs.

Mike Schuh reports Baltimore fans wish the visitors only the worst.

If you thought the fans were nutty crazy about that Sunday night national tv Ravens versus the Redskins game, well prepare yourself.

There's no other way to put it, Ravens fans just hate, hate, hate the Steelers and anyone who looks like them.

"The Steelers, where do they rate? The toilet. I hate them," said Beth Conway, Ravens' fan.

Now, mind you, the Steelers lead the series. Which, of course makes it even worse.

Callers in to talk radio have plenty of reasons to hate the Steelers.

"Anything to do with black and yellow, I despise," said one listener.

"I get sick of hearing about the defense," said another, noting that the media seems to love the Steelers.

Don't let that hate go to waste. Make sure to watch the game, either live or on TV. This kind of emotional venting only comes every so often.

The game starts at 4 p.m. Sunday.

( MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

(Hmmm, Baltimore better have extra suicide prevention counselors working next Sunday night because after we beat them again they are going to need them. - mesa)

SteelCityKing
12-09-2008, 06:59 PM
haha! that makes me laugh histerically because they talk about how much they hate us. the hatred they feel is out of fear and i KNOW deep down they respect us for being what they can't be. the Ravens are a bnch of flightless peices of crap who are only holding up to us in the playoff run because we haven't officially knocked them out yet. Baltimore can suck a fat one. i'm tired of people running theirs mouths at how much they hate us...it's fear and respect. you can't win being a hater. deal with it AFC North! HA!

blue2noise
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
I've been to Baltimore. I'd be pissed off too.

HereWeGoSteelers219
12-09-2008, 07:14 PM

:applaudit:

SteelCityKing
12-09-2008, 07:22 PM
i went to Baltimore last year while they played the Steelers...sadly, there were more Steeler fans than Ravens fans and they didn't look at me crooked once. maybe it's the giant tattoo on my throat and full sleeves...but not a single on of those Raven loves looked twice in my direction. they are nothing but a bunch of pansies and they are nothing but sore losers. screw them in their purple and black...PSHHHH!

man...i love this rivalry! hahah!

SteelersMongol
12-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Ha ha ha. Well I hate anything Purple & Pink. :chuckle:

How can they hate us this bad? They'd B hating us more only if they knew Hines has a bounty on all 53 of their players. :laughing:

stillers4me
12-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Must be awful getting back a football team and find out they are really the Browns.

The Purple Browns.

SteelCityKing
12-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Must be awful getting back a football team and find out they are really the Browns.

The Purple Browns.

that is THE funniest shit i've ever heard! hahah! classic!

Fire Haley
12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
I still don't see why Baltimore fans aren't Cotls fans.

Bunch of bandwagon jumpers if you ask me.

Hapa
12-09-2008, 07:41 PM
I guess you need fans like that if your team sucks so bad :(

SteelCityKing
12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Ravens fans are just Browns fans who didn't move when Cleveland did. BUT we can't leave Cincy out of this arguement...once upon a time they didn't suck as bad as they do now...but they still suck worse than the rest of the AFC North! haha! what a bunch of crybaby jerkoffs! haha!

beSteelmyheart
12-09-2008, 07:48 PM
The media loves the Steelers??? Are you kidding me?
For us out of staters, we get the obligatory highlights & they get right back on talking about what it will take for the Cowgirls to scrape together a trip to the playoffs. Or how the Cheatriots are just sooooo worn thin because of injuries, how the Colts are catching fire, or..:blah::blah::blah:
And if they show GayRay's screaming face one more time, I'm going to puke.
I told my fiancee tonight after just such a viewing on NFL live "I hope the Steelers take that loudmouth out, I'm so sick of that guy"
Pray for Pain!:tt03:

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
haha... i think these fans are putting too much energy into hating the steelers

stillers4me
12-09-2008, 07:56 PM

It's the only thing that keeps the Bengals fans alive.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Raven fans are the worst bunch of hypocrites in the National Football League.

They bitched and moaned when the Colts moved in the middle of the night. oh the travesty!

But they had no problems stealing the team away from Cleveland.

Let them hate us, most of the time hate is nothing but jealousy. Jealous that we have five Lombardi Trophies, jealous that we actually have history, jealous that we own them and the AFC North.

TheWarDen86
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM

Oh, no need to think it. It's a fact.

lilyoder6
12-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh, no need to think it. It's a fact.

my bad..... i forgot that these birds get shot down by us most of the time

mesaSteeler
12-09-2008, 09:58 PM

What else, besides hating the Steelers, is there to do in Baltimore?

SteelCityKingsVP
12-09-2008, 10:08 PM
They're really gonna hate us after we ensure they dont win the division and possibly dont make the playoffs AGAIN

Galax Steeler
12-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Let them hate all they want but we know who is the best in football thePittsburgh Steelers.

markymarc
12-10-2008, 07:12 AM
If they lose on Sunday the radio shows will be going crazy on Monday and that entire week. I love it that we are in their heads. Hilarious.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2008, 07:16 AM
they hate us because they want to be us.

I hate them because they are the team we play this week. Well that and they never learn to just STFU and play ball.

Buzz05
12-10-2008, 07:21 AM
What else, besides hating the Steelers, is there to do in Baltimore?

Get shot at the Inner Harbor?

HometownGal
12-10-2008, 07:22 AM
BOO FRICKITY HOO. :crying01::crying01:

They're going to hate us even more after Sunday's game, poor wittle Ratfink fans.

Fear breeds hate. Rats fans are afraid of the Steelers and it's as obvious as those purple seats are ugly in R & T Stadium. :puke:

Edman
12-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Reminds me of the Browns fans last year. Coincidence?

rich4eagle
12-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Ravens Fans Ready To Defeat Pittsburgh Steelers
Reporting
Mike Schuh
BALTIMORE (WJZ) ―
http://wjz.com/sports/baltimore.ravens.steelers.2.883431.html

The Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers have met 24 times in history. But it is this weekends' game which may determine which club goes into the playoffs.

Mike Schuh reports Baltimore fans wish the visitors only the worst.

If you thought the fans were nutty crazy about that Sunday night national tv Ravens versus the Redskins game, well prepare yourself.

There's no other way to put it, Ravens fans just hate, hate, hate the Steelers and anyone who looks like them.

"The Steelers, where do they rate? The toilet. I hate them," said Beth Conway, Ravens' fan.

Now, mind you, the Steelers lead the series. Which, of course makes it even worse.

Callers in to talk radio have plenty of reasons to hate the Steelers.

"Anything to do with black and yellow, I despise," said one listener.

"I get sick of hearing about the defense," said another, noting that the media seems to love the Steelers.

Don't let that hate go to waste. Make sure to watch the game, either live or on TV. This kind of emotional venting only comes every so often.

The game starts at 4 p.m. Sunday.

( MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

(Hmmm, Baltimore better have extra suicide prevention counselors working next Sunday night because after we beat them again they are going to need them. - mesa)

This is simple beat the Ravens and have a playoff spot and unless a miracle happens win the AFC North...........lose and fight for a playoff spot............

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................just win

steelpride12
12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Typical ratbird fans just obviously sick of watching the Steeler beat them, win games, and actually make the playoffs.

Preacher
12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Very interesting.

I didn't know the fans played in the game!

ben7
12-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I cant wait

revefsreleets
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Ratbird fans are disgruntled Redskins fans who jumped ship to ride the SB bandwagon.

The TRUTH is there is NO SUCH THING as a REAL ratbird fan. How could there be? They haven't been in existence long enough to generate fans who have suffered enough to earn the moniker of "True Fan".

This whole article is about shame and inferiority and projection.

markymarc
12-11-2008, 05:58 AM
Like it really matters what their fans think. I can hear it now though if they do win on Sunday we will hear about how the Rats are a great team and have a really good shot of going far in the playoffs and then if they lose we will hear all of the excuses and of course Rat players talking shit.

Fire Haley
12-11-2008, 07:41 AM
No whining.

Strap on your pads and get out there and HIT someone.

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 12:45 PM

The Purple Browns.

Awesome!!

Someone has to take that as a banner to the game!! :thumbsup:

SCSTILLER
12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Very interesting.

I didn't know the fans played in the game!

AMEN, Preacher!

SteelWolf62
12-11-2008, 03:41 PM

:tt::tt:

I don't care who your are, that's funny!!!!

memphissteelergirl
12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
MEMO

To: All Baltimore Ratbird fans

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Crow-Magnon
12-11-2008, 05:16 PM
MEMO

To: All Baltimore Ratbird fans

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

What's that? I can't under what you, I mean, yinz is saying. :laughing:

MasterOfPuppets
12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Ha ha ha. Well I hate anything Purple & Pink. :chuckle:
: :pde: i love me some pink......:banana: :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
12-11-2008, 05:27 PM

+1

+1

+1 (aww..heck)

+237,234,844,269,433,743.2

I spent damn near a year at Fort Meade.

xfl2001fan
12-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I still don't see why Baltimore fans aren't Cotls fans.

Bunch of bandwagon jumpers if you ask me.

For the same reason I'm not a Ravens fan. I'm a Browns fan. Plain and simple. Their team was stolen from them...also (IMO) many of the current fan base was too young to remember the Colts moving to Indy.

Fire Haley
12-11-2008, 05:42 PM
That's right, because Ratbird fans are displaced Redskins fans.

Where DID they come from? Sports fans migrating from other teams, most likely.

Crow-Magnon
12-11-2008, 05:53 PM

What? Surely you jest.

blue2noise
12-11-2008, 06:06 PM
:tt::tt:

I don't care who your are, that's funny!!!!

Thanks ;) New here but a die hard from New York for the last 28 or my 38 years :tt:

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
living 1hr outside of Bmore and working in the city I have the pleasure (or by many merits displeasure) of listening to 105.7 and todays show was simply awesome...hearing all those Ravens fams melt down because they (Ravens fans) sell their tickets to us Steelers fan and the stadium is made up of mostly :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: all game long.....I love the melt down on sports radio come Steelers week, simply awesome.........

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 06:59 PM
So they're already shedding their tickets? Awesome

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 07:06 PM
So they're already shedding their tickets? Awesome

many are bought from scalpers, but there are alot of Ravens fans who sell them and make alot of dough off of them, to be exact many I work with sell just the Steelers game on EBAY and it covers a 3rd if not more of their season ticket prices.....and honestly I have bought off EBAY many a time (as being 3 1/2hrs away from Heinz and only making 1 game a season out there) and (only 1hr from Bmore I go there every year)...imo is not a big deal to see my team play on the road (or as I call our home away from home) so I fork out the cash....:tt02:....:tt02: every seeason I try to sit in 513 dead center of the goal posts

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
many are bought from scalpers, but there are alot of Ravens fans who sell them and make alot of dough off of them, to be exact many I work with sell just the Steelers game on EBAY and it covers a 3rd if not more of their season ticket prices.....and honestly I have bought off EBAY many a time (as being 3 1/2hrs away from Heinz and only making 1 game a season out there) and (only 1hr from Bmore I go there every year)...imo is not a big deal to see my team play on the road (or as I call our home away from home) so I fork out the cash....:tt02:....:tt02: every seeason I try to sit in 513 dead center of the goal posts

That sums it up quite nicely. Steelers will travel and pay over the odds for tickets, but a Shatbird can't even be asked to watch their team at home!

'Nuff said ....:tt02:....:

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
That sums it up quite nicely. Steelers will travel and pay over the odds for tickets, but a Shatbird can't even be asked to watch their team at home!

'Nuff said ....:tt02:....:

You dont think i can over pay to go to a steeler game?

T.Richardson
12-11-2008, 07:40 PM

Nope

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Nope

Huh. so all those tickets i see on ebay are face value....? i've overpaid several times to go to 3 rivers.

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 07:47 PM

No. Behave. They'd give you some money and a cup of soup for making it this far on your own. :thumbsup:

T.Richardson
12-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Huh. so all those tickets i see on ebay are face value....? i've overpaid several times to go to 3 rivers.

:thumbsup:

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM

Yup springs to mind!!!

And I have to know....when you got to Three Rivers, just what the f**k were you watching? (Apart from the Rivers obviously!!)

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2008, 10:51 AM
What's that? I can't under what you, I mean, yinz is saying. :laughing:

Touche'.

revefsreleets
12-12-2008, 11:37 AM

According to Rat fans, they must have just spontaneously generated the moment Modell vacated Cleveland.

Of COURSE they are bandwagon jumping Skins fans, with a smattering of other teams (Eagles, old Colts fans on hiatus).

Crow-Magnon
12-12-2008, 12:42 PM
According to Rat fans, they must have just spontaneously generated the moment Modell vacated Cleveland.

Of COURSE they are bandwagon jumping Skins fans, with a smattering of other teams (Eagles, old Colts fans on hiatus).

And what are you, Mr, "I'm from Akron, Ohio?"

Fire Haley
12-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm a rootin' tootin' Ratbird fan - yesiree!

http://cdn.kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ratbirdsfan.jpg

Crow-Magnon
12-12-2008, 12:48 PM
http://cdn.kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com-s1.simplecdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ratbirdsfan.jpg

Hey, if you're going to quote me, than quote me. Don't make chit up.

Fire Haley
12-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Nice hat.

Penn St Steelers
12-12-2008, 04:22 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/359530667_628e9473cf_m.jpg

a Ravens fan after the endurance of another Steelers beat down