PDA

View Full Version : Should the Steelers have an alternate throwback away jersey?

SteelCityKingsVP
12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Im a huge fan of throw back jerseys and I think that they should come up with an alternate away jersey to sport at other fields. If yes what do you think they should look like? Whats the consensus on that?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Im a huge fan of throw back jerseys and I think that they should come up with an alternate away jersey to sport at other fields. Whats the consensus on that?

As long as they don't wear the ugly yellow helmets :yuck: (i couldn't find the barf one for some reason)

SteelCityKing
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
the yellow helmets were awesome. haha!

i don't thinkt hey need alternater jerseys, but they should wear all black pants when they wear black jerseys and white pants with white jerseys. keep the helmets the same but switch up the outfits. i think that'd work out swimmingly. =)

srk173
12-09-2008, 09:30 PM
They came up with some a few years ago when we had to play florida teams in september. picture the training camp yellow jerseys with the emblem and stripes.

stillers4me
12-09-2008, 09:35 PM
no.

Borski
12-09-2008, 11:54 PM
They came up with some a few years ago when we had to play florida teams in september. picture the training camp yellow jerseys with the emblem and stripes.

You talking about the jersey idea I had when I made this?

http://borski88.googlepages.com/steelersaltuni.gif

jjpro11
12-10-2008, 12:27 AM
im not sure if teams are allowed to have away alternate jerseys.. i have only seen alternate jerseys worn at home, never on the road.

Borski
12-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Well technicly there are no Away or Home jerseys. It is up to the home team to decide if they want to wear the white jersey or the colored jersey. My idea was for the summer months when southern teams like the Dolphins, Texans, etc wear their white jerseys in order to make the opposing team wear the hot colored jersey.

Even though we would still be wearing a colored jersey with my idea, it would be less hot then wearing a black jersey.

Borski
12-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Well technicly there are no Away or Home jerseys. It is up to the home team to decide if they want to wear the white jersey or the colored jersey. My idea was for the summer months when southern teams like the Dolphins, Texans, etc wear their white jerseys in order to make the opposing team wear the hot colored jersey.

Even though we would still be wearing a colored jersey with my idea, it would be less hot then wearing a black jersey.