PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Christmas Song

HometownGal
12-09-2008, 11:03 PM
We've had several threads like this in the past, but I was too damned lazy to look them up and as we have a lot of new members, thought I would start a brandie-new thread. :drink:

So many come to mind, as I just love Christmas music and could listen to it 365 days per year, but two just stand out as my absolute faves:

O Holy Night - Josh Groban (his voice is so beautiful no matter what he sings)

Christmas Canon - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

What are your faves?

GutterflowerSteel
12-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Christmas Canon - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I'm going to see them Sunday night - so I'll miss the second half of the Baltimore game :doh:

Christmas Canon Rock by TSO is one of my favorites as well as:
A Star To Follow
Wizards of Winter

Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
Jingle Bell Rock - Burl Ives as The Snowman lol

TailgateMel
12-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Snoopy vs. Red Baron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlf---13Q0g

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-10-2008, 12:13 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tcPQP6FZ5Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0tcPQP6FZ5Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SteelCityKingsVP
12-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Im more old school.
Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCarteny

MACH1
12-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Santa Claus And His Old Lady - Cheech and Chong

HometownGal
12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm going to see them Sunday night - so I'll miss the second half of the Baltimore game :doh:

A Star To Follow
Wizards of Winter

I'm a huge TSO fan! Went to see them at Mellon Arena several years back and it was one of the best Christmas concerts I've ever seen! :applaudit:

Have a great time Linda! :hug:

fansince'76
12-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Father Christmas - The Kinks.

I Believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake.

Merry Christmas, Darling - The Carpenters.

revefsreleets
12-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Kyle Broflovski- A Lonely Jew on Christmas

Let's all sing along...

It's hard to be a Jew on Christmas
My friends won't let me join in any games
And I can't sing Christmas songs or decorate a Christmas tree
or leave water out for Rudolph 'cause there's something wrong with me
My people don't believe in Jesus Christ's divinity
I'm a Jew
A lonely Jew
On Christmas

Chanukkah is nice, but why is it
That Santa passes over my house every year?
And instead of eating ham I have to eat kosher latke
Instead of Silent Night I'm singing huhash do gavish
And what the f+#k is up with lighting all these f&*king candles, tell me please?
I'm a Jew
A lonely Jew
I'd be merry
But I'm Hebrew
On Christ-maas

stlrtruck
12-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
Grown Up Christmas List - Amy Grant

(note: one of my favorite CDs is TWISTED CHRISTMAS)

GutterflowerSteel
12-10-2008, 09:27 AM
(note: one of my favorite CDs is TWISTED CHRISTMAS)
Is that the one that Bob Rivers put out when he was on 98Rock in Baltimore (with Kirk and Lopez)? It's hilarious :laughing:

GutterflowerSteel
12-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm a huge TSO fan! Went to see them at Mellon Arena several years back and it was one of the best Christmas concerts I've ever seen! :applaudit:

Have a great time Linda! :hug:

Thanks, Marianne!! Their performances are always stellar, and the light show is Floydian - this will be the 5th time I've seen them :drink:

xfl2001fan
12-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks, Marianne!! Their performances are always stellar, and the light show is Floydian - this will be the 5th time I've seen them :drink:

I'm soooooo jealous! I've seen them twice now...and won't get the chance to see them this year like I had initially thought.

Silent Night is my favorite Christmas song. Doesn't matter who's singing it either.

memphissteelergirl
12-10-2008, 10:00 AM
"The Christmas Song" Nat King Cole....It's not officially the holiday season until I hear that song. It's my all time favorite.
"Merry Christmas, Baby" Charles Brown originally recorded it , but the Otis Redding cover is good, too
"White Christmas" The Drifters

My favorite all-around Christmas album "A Charlie Brown Christmas" by the Vince Guaraldi Trio

My favorite carols include:
"The Holly and the Ivy"
"O Holy Night"
"Silent Night"

tony hipchest
12-10-2008, 11:46 AM
hands down its Little Drummer Boy by neil diamond for me.

Blue Christmas by elvis might be second.

Leftoverhard
12-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Father Christmas - The Kinks.

Great song - I love the Kinks

I think as far as classic Christmas songs go, Silent Night is absolutely my favorite.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4puLybRGSAw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4puLybRGSAw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But Eartha Kitt's version of Santa Baby is a close second - she's 79 years old in this performance! Listen to that growl....rrrrrrrooowwwrrrr.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzd6oCP3FKk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzd6oCP3FKk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cubanstogie
12-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Bob Segar, Little Drummer Boy , Andy Williams Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

devilsdancefloor
12-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm soooooo jealous! I've seen them twice now...and won't get the chance to see them this year like I had initially thought.

Silent Night is my favorite Christmas song. Doesn't matter who's singing it either.

silent night is my favorite song also, but i bet if i where to sing it you would change your mind about not caring who sings it!:tt03::wink02:

SteelCityKing
12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
it's not Christmas until i hear "Santa Clause is Comin' to Town" by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee. -- it reminds me of "Home Alone" and that's such a great movie.

SCSTILLER
12-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Blue Christmas by elvis might be second.

I have to go another direction with this one. My favorite is B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-Blue Christmas by Porky the Pig

Steeldude
12-11-2008, 01:18 AM
to name a couple...

holly jolly christmas - burl ives

rockin' around the christmas tree - brenda lee

i prefer the classics over the songs performed by singers of this generation

LambertIsGod58
12-11-2008, 08:07 AM
George Strait - "Old Time Christmas"

Randy Travis - "Pretty Paper"

The Carpenter's - "Merry Christmas, Darling"

Elvis Presley - "Holly Leaves & Christmas Trees

cowboykilla
12-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Christmas in Hollis by Run Dmc.:present:

43Hitman
12-13-2008, 06:47 PM

A Star To Follow
Wizards of Winter

Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
Jingle Bell Rock - Burl Ives as The Snowman lol

I am jealous. I want to see them so bad. Even though I am a bit more of a traditionalist I really enjoy their music.

Favorite song has to be "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas". Mainly because it was written by a guy while he was serving in Vietnam. I have tons of respect for our boys who serve our country.

LambertIsGod58
12-13-2008, 06:49 PM
I am jealous. I want to see them so bad. Even though I am a bit more of a traditionalist I really enjoy their music.

Favorite song has to be "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas". Mainly because it was written by a guy while he was serving in Vietnam. I have tons of respect for our boys who serve our country.

I didn't know that about White Christmas....that gives it some extra meaning that I'm sure most people don't know.

SteelersMongol
12-14-2008, 01:28 AM
"The Christmas Song" by Nate King Cole.

God, every time I hear this, it reminds of the American Christmases. There is no place like the states when it comes to Christmas spirit & the whole Christmas atmosphere. Makes me sigh.

nojobny
12-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Christmas Waltz

It was a song that we sang in my high school choir every year and it was our favorite. Its one of the few really good memories I have from HS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSeRMOp7fJY

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
"Where Are You Christmas?" by Faith Hill. She has such a powerful but yet angelic voice. :thumbsup:

NJarhead
12-15-2008, 10:20 PM
"The Christmas Song" by Nate King Cole.

God, every time I hear this, it reminds of the American Christmases. There is no place like the states when it comes to Christmas spirit & the whole Christmas atmosphere. Makes me sigh.

I'm with Mongol on this one. Gimme a glass of wine, a lit Christmas tree, some flames in the fire place and Nat King Cole and I will be content. Of course a little snow falling outside the bay window is always a bonus. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
12-16-2008, 12:10 AM
so no votes for 'grandma got ran over by a reindeer'? :hunch:

NJarhead
12-16-2008, 12:30 AM
so no votes for 'grandma got ran over by a reindeer'? :hunch:

:doh: :laughing: ...only you man. only you.

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Carol of the Bells by almost any Choir

Little Drummer Boy by Charlotte Church (back when she was still a sweet kid)

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM

I love that song...but unfortunately the Vietnam portion of the story is an urban legend....The only reason I am sure of that is because I grew up watching the movie Holiday Inn with Fred Astair and Bing Crosby...it features the song White Christmas...written in 1942 by Irving Berlin.

I also like Celtic Thunders Christmas 1917...check it out on YouTube...very nice.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
My new Favorite Christmas Song

Get packin’, Rod Blagojevich," by John McHugh
(to the tune of "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen")

Get packin’, Rod Blagojevich
The state’s in disarray
The Tribune wants you unemployed
At least by Christmas Day.
The TV pundits want your head
Could there be pay to play?
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy
Save Illinois!
Oh, tidings of comfort and joy.

Good riddance Rod Blagojevich
Your Elvis look’s inane,
The Senate’s mad, so’s Lisa’s dad.