PDA

View Full Version : Steelers trickery + The Marshmallow man

mesaSteeler
12-09-2008, 11:24 PM
From Greg Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning QB
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/081209

Sweet Play of the Week No. 2:

Early in the game in the Dallas red zone, Pittsburgh lined up trips on one side then threw to the opposite side -- often the point of lining up trips is to make the defense look that way, then throw the other way.

The play failed when the pass was deflected. Now it's Dallas 13, Pittsburgh 6 and the Steelers have first-and-goal on the Cowboys' 6 with 2:10 remaining.

Again Pittsburgh lines up with trips to one side. Immediately Boys defenders began pointing at the opposite side -- where the ball went from that formation the last time.

Pittsburgh threw a designed play to the trips side, touchdown, and the home team went on to prevail.

Once again for a cold-weather game, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin looked sharp in an unzipped varsity jacket with no hat, and his charges prevailed.

Dallas coach Wade Phillips was so heavily suited up he looked like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. In the past decade, Dallas is 18-29 in December. Maybe Cowboys management should collect and destroy all of its coaches' heavy parkas.

markymarc
12-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Now would be a nice time to throw in some gadget plays. Can't believe we haven't tried any gadget plays yet.

Burghfan58
12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
I thought Phillips looked more like Bib the Michelin man. What was missing on the sideline was Jerry Jones cheering on the troops. I guess it was a little too brisk for him to make an appearance.

tyler289
12-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Wade Phillips is such a tool.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Steelers win over the Cowboys all but ensured that Phillips wont be their head coach next year and that TO will be shopping himself this offseason

Great stuff

SteelCurtain7
12-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I thought Phillips looked more like Bib the Michelin man. What was missing on the sideline was Jerry Jones cheering on the troops. I guess it was a little too brisk for him to make an appearance.

That's exactly what Rich Eisen of the NFLN called Wade P. :toofunny:

revefsreleets
12-10-2008, 08:44 PM
KUDOS TO ARIANS!

No?

Why not?

CanadianSteel
12-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Wade is the most perfect representation of the nickname"Gomer" :applaudit:

Preacher
12-10-2008, 09:31 PM
KUDOS TO ARIANS!

No?

Why not?

Yeah, I find it interesting that in this thread. . . there is no mention of Arians playcalling except for yours. However, the largest part of that story, was how Arians set up the play for the touchdown with the play before.

But of course, it was luck. Arians sucks.

HometownGal
12-10-2008, 10:59 PM
KUDOS TO ARIANS!

No?

Why not?

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit:

Wade Phillips is a fat blob of goo. He doesn't make a hair on his late (and great) father's ass.

http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/hugo%20chavez%20staypuft%20marshmallow%20man.jpg