PDA

View Full Version : RAVENS STEELERS

SteelCityKingsVP
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Lets here some predictions. Close? Blowout? Steelers win or lose?

My prediction

Steelers 31
Baltimore-14

GutterflowerSteel
12-10-2008, 04:14 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/12/09/afcnorth/index.html

Ravens-Steelers will be brutal
So here we are. Week 15. The Hines Ward Bounty Bowl. Pittsburgh-Baltimore, in Baltimore, Sunday, with the lead of the AFC North at stake. A Pittsburgh win locks the division, giving the Steelers a two-game lead with two to play and a sweep of the season series. A Baltimore win ties the teams at 10-4, with Baltimore taking a slight edge based on better division record (5-1 versus 4-1).

The game doesn't need a subplot, but it has one: this ever-present alleged "bounty'' on Steelers receiver Hines Ward, which surfaced after the first Steelers-Ravens game of the year, presumably because of a hard but legal hit Ward made on Baltimore linebacker Bart Scott. "We've got something in store for him,'' Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs said on an Atlanta radio station, and he and the Ravens quickly had to backtrack from the remarks and claim there is no such thing as a bounty in football.

I'm sure all the right words will be spoken this week. But there is some very bad blood between Ward and the Ravens, dating back several years because Ward is such an aggressive downfield blocker. Some of those blocks, the Ravens think, have gone over the line. Ward, and those around him, will be so closely monitored in this game that I don't expect anything untoward to happen... but that doesn't mean this won't be a very chippy game.

"I've heard that the last five years, that they're supposed to have a bounty on me,'' Ward told me recently. "Jamal Lewis, when he was with the Ravens, told me once, 'There might be a bounty on you.' You want me to go out there and play any different from the way I normally play? I'm not going to do that. When I go across the middle, they're going to try to kill me. When I'm blocking downfield, I'm going to try to knock them down. That's football, and I'm not going to change anything.''

Ward is bemused by the charges that he's a dirty player. "To be called dirty ... I'm not dirty. If you're not looking at me when I'm about to engage you fairly, that's tough luck,'' he said.

Cincinnati linebacker Keith Rivers found that out. He was blindsided, legally, when he wasn't looking during the Week 7 Steelers' game at Cincinnati. The crushing block -- not penalized at the time nor by the league after looking at gametape of the play -- broke Rivers' jaw and knocked him out for the year.

"I hope I am in other players' head. Like, 'You're not breaking my jaw,'" Ward sad. "I play the game one way -- aggressive. I've been taught to block downfield. That's what I do. Never have I gone out there and tried to maliciously do anything to another player.''

TiVo alert on this game. I hope there aren't too many players lost to the brutality of it.

They've had a bounty on Hines for the last 5 years - and so far, none of them have been able to claim it :tt02:

vasteeler
12-10-2008, 05:14 AM
48 - 0 Steelers:tt02::tt::helmet:

stillers4me
12-10-2008, 05:45 AM
It's going to be another low scoring game. And our guys are quietly, violently going to get revenge for Mendenhall. I just feel it.

Crow-Magnon
12-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Since you asked.... :chuckle:

Ravens 17

Steelers 10

Then again, it may be 6-3.

steel striker
12-10-2008, 05:56 AM
This will a smash mouth two chin strap game and, the steelers will win. 20-7.

Buzz05
12-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Body Bag Bowl 2008

Pittsburgh 17
Baltimore 13

This is THE game that we will be measured by.

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2008, 07:10 AM
Steelers 30 Ravens 3.

Once we get an early lead, they will start to fall apart, especially when their offense has 3 or 5 three and outs in a row.

Crow-Magnon
12-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Body Bag Bowl 2008

Pittsburgh 17
Baltimore 13

That could happen. I'd hate it, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Steelers 30 Ravens 3.

Once we get an early lead, they will start to fall apart, especially when their offense has 3 or 5 three and outs in a row.

Do you honestly believe that? I know you wish it, but do you believe it?

tyler289
12-10-2008, 08:20 AM
2-0

Crow-Magnon
12-10-2008, 08:23 AM
2-0

Ok, now THAT'S funny!

But seriously, it wouldn't surprise me.

SteelMember
12-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Body Bag Bowl 2008

Pittsburgh 17
Baltimore 13

I think this is a very good guess. :thmbup:

tyler289
12-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Ok, now THAT'S funny!

But seriously, it wouldn't surprise me.

If there is one game where that score is possible, it's this.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Steelers 20
Ravens 17

memphissteelergirl
12-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Body Bag Bowl 2008
Pittsburgh 17
Baltimore 13

LOL...Nice....that's a good name for it. :wink02:

This is gonna be nasty
My prediction

Steelers 14
Ratbirds 10

stlrtruck
12-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Steelers 23
Ravens 10

Steelers defense scores another late TD to seal the deal!

lilyoder6
12-10-2008, 09:38 AM
this game will def be a slug fest... i will say 20-17 steelers

SteelCityKing
12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
my guess is that the team with the most points at the end of the game will probably be the winner. haha! yay Madden!

honestly, it'll be a gut bustin', kick you in the crotch, spit on your neck orgasm of football ingenuity...but the Burgh Brothers are coming out victorious 20-10 with us walking away with the division and Harrison possibly snagging his MVP and DPOY. with Ward surpassin 10,000 yards and Ben getting his name in the record books too.

it'll be a great game. too bad the Ravens wear purple...we won't be able to tell where their bruises are. =)

cubanstogie
12-10-2008, 11:28 AM
19-16 Steelers, another frustrating day settling for fieldgoals I am afraid. Damn Arians. lol

Statik
12-10-2008, 11:30 AM
14-10 Steelers

Going to be too much of a defensive battle for me to think either team will get out of the "teens" in scoring...

fansince'76
12-10-2008, 11:37 AM
13-7, Steelers.

Steely McSmash
12-10-2008, 11:52 AM
16-6 Steelers.

pick-6 is the only TD.

drizze99
12-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Steelers: 13
Ratbirds: 9

Its gonna be NASTY!

revefsreleets
12-10-2008, 12:13 PM
17 7 Steelers

tattooboyzgirl
12-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I am going to agree with Stlrtruck and say:

Steelers - 23
Ravens - 10

Flacco is going to get too know the ground very well in this game :tt02:

revefsreleets
12-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Some other predictions:

When Ben holds the ball too long a couple times and gets sacked, 47 people on this site will call for him to be benched.

92 people will blame that on Arians and call for his firing.

When the OL fails to open truck-wide holes on every play, and our RBs (whichever of the 3-4) don't run for 27 yards per carry, 137 people here will blame that on Arians, and call for his firing.

When the offense runs, Arians will be called out for running too much.

When the offense passes, Arians will be called out for passing too much.

When Ben changes the play, Arians will be blamed if the play fails.

If Arians calls a good play that works, Ben will be credited for making that call.

If we lose the game, 947 people will commit hari kari and never post here again (OK, that last was wishful thinking)

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
10-9 but I'm not sure who wins!

hindes204
12-10-2008, 01:26 PM
I think alot of these predictions are made with the heart rather than the brain. all of these 24 and 30 point predictions, i dont think it will be that high scoring at all. Both of these defenses are just too good to allow that many points. Im gonna stick with my prediction from the other threads, 17-10 Steelers, we win with a fourth quarter drive after being tied for most of the game

SteelMember
12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I think alot of these predictions are made with the heart rather than the brain. all of these 24 and 30 point predictions, i dont think it will be that high scoring at all. Both of these defenses are just too good to allow that many points. Im gonna stick with my prediction from the other threads, 17-10 Steelers, we win with a fourth quarter drive after being tied for most of the game

You mean like the usual nail biters the lead me to about "tree ta fo hart-attaks"? yup.
Da Stillers! :tt03:

Burghfan58
12-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Black & Gold 20
Ugly purple team 13

#1LambertFan
12-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Theme song for the game: Godsmack- Bad Religion

What do ya'll think?

The_WARDen
12-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Some other predictions:

When Ben holds the ball too long a couple times and gets sacked, 47 people on this site will call for him to be benched.

When the OL fails to open truck-wide holes on every play, and our RBs (whichever of the 3-4) don't run for 27 yards per carry, 137 people here will blame that on Arians, and call for his firing.

If Arians calls a good play that works, Ben will be credited for making that call.

If we lose the game, 947 people will commit hari kari and never post here again (OK, that last was wishful thinking)

you forgot one...

when the defense wins the game in spite of the offense once again, 666 ppl will once again say it's a team game...

BritishSteel
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM
13-12 steelers.

This will be brutal.

43Hitman
12-10-2008, 03:44 PM
Some other predictions:

:toofunny:

Very true..I have been guilty of bitching about him holding the ball to long. But I have never said we should bench him.

Steelers 17
Ratturds 14

Reed wins it in the final seconds after a last minute drive, where Ben holds the ball to long, escapes and gets the first down to put us in field goal position. Mark it down.

Preacher
12-10-2008, 03:52 PM
20-10 Steelers

The half-time score will probably be something like 6-3, 3-7. Something in that range.

Then the Steelers offense will come in late and put up a TD in the third quarter and then one late in the fourth to seal it. That will happen for the simple reason that our Defense will give us excellent field position on a couple of drives.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
10-9 but I'm not sure who wins!

WHERES YOUR FAITH MAN!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
People are giving the Ravens too much credit. The first game was close, that won't happen twice. We are going to stomp a mud hole into these fools and take our North Title and still be disrespected around the league.

steelpride12
12-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Ravens are too confident which will be their downfall. The game will be low scoring.
Steelers-13
Rats-10

revefsreleets
12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
you forgot one...

when the defense wins the game in spite of the offense once again, 666 ppl will once again say it's a team game...

They'd be correct to.

If it wasn't for the offense, we'd lose every game. Thank God we have a decent offense that scores more points than the opposing team every week, no matter how they do it!

Great point. Kudos!

WWIIOwheelz
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm not worried about the Ravens' offense (other than the first drive. What is it with teams going down the field on their first drive? The Cincy game had me worried for most of the first quarter.)

I'm afraid of their defense capitalizing on errant throws. How many times have we seen easy picks dropped this season? The Ravens will be up for this game, so Ben needs to err on the side of caution, and if that seems like holding the ball too long, so be it.

Crow-Magnon
12-10-2008, 08:12 PM
:toofunny:

Very true..I have been guilty of bitching about him holding the ball to long. But I have never said we should bench him.

Steelers 17
Ratturds 14

Reed wins it in the final seconds after a last minute drive, where Ben holds the ball to long, escapes and gets the first down to put us in field goal position. Mark it down.

Right score.

Wrong team.

Wrong Reed.

:laughing:

T.Richardson
12-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Im predicting:

Steelers: 28
Ravens: 24

Ravens special teams will play well against the steelers special teams, resulting in Ravens with great field position. Ben and the Steelers will be forced to answer back.

I predict Ben will throw between 200-250 yards and 3 TDs 1 int.

The Running game will NOT be effective, The Ravens are great at stopping the run. Ben will be throwing the ball at least 25 times.

thats my prediction.

thebus36idf
12-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Some other predictions:

1st point I can deal with a couple of times

2nd point agreed

3rd point. Haven't seen much of this I think our o line in running situations is good enough.

4th point. I don't think we can run enough.

5th point. Pass plays o.k., but who always has Ben in shotgun? Is this Arians or does Ben prefer this?

Next two points. There is enough blame for both.

Lastly. We can only hope. Great post Thanks:tt:

SteelCityKingsVP
12-10-2008, 09:13 PM
What about the site name "STEELERSFEVER" makes other teams fans think they're respected or important enough to join this site? Although smashing them on the boards does make it fun. It pisses me off that they feel that they're intelligent enough to be on the same forums as us.

Crow-Magnon
12-10-2008, 09:49 PM
What about the site name "STEELERSFEVER" makes other teams fans think they're respected or important enough to join this site? Although smashing them on the boards does make it fun. It pisses me off that they feel that they're intelligent enough to be on the same forums as us.

I guess you like preaching to the choir all the time? Does a little banter with another team's fans (as long as its not obnoxious) bother you that much?

devilsdancefloor
12-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I guess you like preaching to the choir all the time? Does a little banter with another team's fans (as long as its not obnoxious) bother you that much?

i do not mind it at all! But as steeler fans i think we are 1000 times harder on our own team than ANY fan from another team could ever be.

as a for the final score

steelers 19
ratbirds 12

cowboykilla
12-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Since you asked.... :chuckle:

Ravens 17

Steelers 10

Then again, it may be 6-3. Is Ratbird nation so boring that you have to come trolling over in Steelers Country? Ray-Ray,is that you? :tt::tt: Steelers24 Ratbirds10

markymarc
12-11-2008, 06:18 AM
I don't see a lot of points being scored in this one. Our defense will shut down the Rats running attack and it will come down to Flacco winning the game and I guarantee LeBeau will have something up his sleeve for the rematch. It will also come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes. At the end of the game the Rats will still be looking up to us in the division.

Steelers - 13
Rats - 7

Crow-Magnon
12-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Is Ratbird nation so boring that you have to come trolling over in Steelers Country? Ray-Ray,is that you? :tt::tt: Steelers24 Ratbirds10

Seriously? Yes. yes, it is.

All the talk over there is how the Ravens D is going to shut down the (basically non-existent) Steelers running game, put Ben on his back and force at least three picks (of which one will be taken to the house by Ed Reed) and the Ravens will rush for at least 130 yards as a tandem.

In other words, it's as homerish there as it is here. At this stage, I prefer the adversity. :laughing:

revefsreleets
12-11-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm not so sure why we are so worked up over the Rats. They are 1-3 versus decent teams (and the Eagles were in a slump when they beat them). They've made their bones this year whooping up shit teams like the Raiders. Who have the beaten? The Bungals twice, the Browns twice, the Raiders, Phins, Eagles, Skins and Texans.

Their O is more lethargic than ours, and their defense is overrated. It's a division game with high stakes, so they'll bring their A+ game, and it'll be another ugly win for us, but we'll win this game.

HometownGal
12-11-2008, 09:01 AM

We have a nice "assortment" of opposing teams' fans here, SCK, who are very well respected because they don't come here to stir the poo or demean others. Just hard core fans of their teams and I see nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup: We've had our share of trolls and as soon as they expose themselves as such, Gary and I do our best Jeff Reed imitation and boot them out the door. :chuckle:

All NFL fans are welcome here at SF as long as they read the COC and follow the same rules as Steelers fans are asked to abide by. :drink:

Crow-Magnon
12-11-2008, 09:16 AM
We have a nice "assortment" of opposing teams' fans here, SCK, who are very well respected because they don't come here to stir the poo or demean others. Just hard core fans of their teams and I see nothing wrong with that. :thumbsup: We've had our share of trolls and as soon as they expose themselves as such, Gary and I do our best Jeff Reed imitation and boot them out the door. :chuckle:

All NFL fans are welcome here at SF as long as they read the COC and follow the same rules as Steelers fans are asked to abide by. :drink:

Yeah! What she said! :thumbsup:

Besides, nothing but high-fiving gets old after awhile. And I used to spend a lot of time in Pittsburgh (well, Moon Township) anyway, so talking Ravens-Steelers football is pretty much normal for me.

hindes204
12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah! What she said! :thumbsup:

Besides, nothing but high-fiving gets old after awhile. And I used to spend a lot of time in Pittsburgh (well, Moon Township) anyway, so talking Ravens-Steelers football is pretty much normal for me.

I dont see anything wrong with opposing teams being here, sometimes its nice to have a different perspective, as long as they keep it respectful and not say anything offensive, then who cares...i used to spend alot of time in Moon township myself

Crow-Magnon
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I dont see anything wrong with opposing teams being here, sometimes its nice to have a different perspective, as long as they keep it respectful and not say anything offensive, then who cares...i used to spend alot of time in Moon township myself

I guess it depends on what ones's definition of offensive is (not to sound like Bill C.). I think any true football analysis shoud be taken as such. In other words, if you say that Flacco, since he is a rookie, may get put on his can a few times Sunday and possibly cough up a game-changing fumble, I can argue that, but I shouldn't take it as offensive. And if I say that the Steelers running game may not gain 75 yards against the Ravens D, you can certainly argue that, but it shouldn't be offensive.

But there are people in this forum, and in the Ravens forums I frequent, that take ANYTHING as offensive if it isn't blatant knob polishing.

Which sucks, because analyzing upcoming games (especially one as important and potentially exciting as this AFCN matchup) and picking out strengths and weaknesses is a blast. And being able to do it with the other team's fans is a lot more fun then hearing the same old-same old from the usual gang of idiots. :chuckle:

Jesus! Is it Sunday YET?

OT- is Armstrong's still open? They made the best homemade tomato soup and THE best steak salad I've ever had. And nobody beats Pittsburgh for a fish sandwich on a Friday.

Ok, you can all go back to hating my Baltimore ass now. :rofl:

markymarc
12-12-2008, 06:08 AM
Seriously? Yes. yes, it is.

All the talk over there is how the Ravens D is going to shut down the (basically non-existent) Steelers running game, put Ben on his back and force at least three picks (of which one will be taken to the house by Ed Reed) and the Ravens will rush for at least 130 yards as a tandem.

In other words, it's as homerish there as it is here. At this stage, I prefer the adversity. :laughing:

Well at least you can show up here and talk football and not be the typical troll. Great job on that.

Crow-Magnon
12-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Well at least you can show up here and talk football and not be the typical troll. Great job on that.

Yeah, but now it's Friday. I'm getting tired of talking. When's %$#&* 4:15 on Sunday getting here? :banging:

HometownGal
12-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Yeah, but now it's Friday. I'm getting tired of talking. When's %$#&* 4:15 on Sunday getting here? :banging:

Not soon enough for me, that's for sure! :drink:

thecoldwindblows
12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
Final Score 4-3 Pittsburgh out on top .... Harrison with 3 sacks and a safety and Smith with the other one. Silverback gets his 3rd Defensive Player of the Week and another week close to the MVP!:tt03:

Penn St Steelers
12-12-2008, 11:23 AM
if the OL don't pick up on their blitz packgages and all their exotic Defensive schemes this could be another Eagles game...Ravens 13 Steelers 10

but if (and I think we will) we do pick them up and the OL comes through..
Steelers 17 Ravens 13

honestly I don't see the Ravens scoring much on our D' ....our D is 20 times that of the Skins and 2 of the Ravens scores came because of their D against the Skins, their Offense against the Skins looked horrible accept for that 11 play LeRon Mcclain drive......

drizze99
12-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Steelers: 13
Ratbirds: 9

Its gonna be NASTY!

Wow, I need to start playing the lottery! :tt02:

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Drizze99.. Can I get your picks on next week please, I have a mortgage payment coming up soon.. Thanks!! :)