PDA

View Full Version : Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's Take

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's Take
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the Steelers-Ravens rivalry: "I can't think of one that compares to it. I hope that the fans appreciate the level of mutual respect, and I think what makes this such a heated rivalry more than anything else is the desire to play the brand of football that both teams have. It's great."

On the specter of bounties detract from the rivalry: "I'm not playing the bounty game."

On Ravens rookie quarterback Joe Flacco: "He's proven time and time again that the stage isn't too big for him. He's just growing, and their offense is growing because of it. I think we're all kind of a product of our experiences and no doubt, he's a better quarterback than the one we faced a few months back."

On Cowboys tight end Jason Witten comment that Dallas gave last Sunday's game away to the Steelers: "That's funny to me. When the clock strikes zero, either you've got more points than your opponent or you don't. We could have said the same thing about the Indianapolis game, but we didn't. We acknowledged that we didn't finish the job. Hopefully, you won't hear any of our people make those kind of statements, and we understand that we've got to play 60 minutes of football and when it's done, it's done."

On the first meeting this season between the Ravens and Steelers: "We limped out of there with a victory (23-20, in overtime), thankfully. You can anticipate it being a similar game. There's a price you pay for being in these kind of matchups. Hopefully, we don't pay too dear a price. Hopefully, we can walk out with a victory."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_602271.html

HometownGal
12-10-2008, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE]we understand that we've got to play 60 minutes of football and when it's done, it's done."
[QUOTE]

And that's the bottom line, folks. From start to finish, the Steelers have to bring their A+ game to R & T Stadium and punch 'em in the mouth early. The Steelers have shown that they can come from behind to pull out a victory, but they've got to show the Rats who's boss from the start of the game and finish them off before the 4th Q.

stlrtruck
12-10-2008, 09:06 AM
60 Minutes
53 Men
Another AFC North Divsion Title

memphissteelergirl
12-10-2008, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE]we understand that we've got to play 60 minutes of football and when it's done, it's done."
[QUOTE]

And that's the bottom line, folks. From start to finish, the Steelers have to bring their A+ game to R & T Stadium and punch 'em in the mouth early. The Steelers have shown that they can come from behind to pull out a victory, but they've got to show the Rats who's boss from the start of the game and finish them off before the 4th Q.

Amen, sister! :tt03::tt02: