PDA

View Full Version : Harrison shows us how to avoid a crack-back block.

klick81
12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
On this play, Harrison completely and utterly owned Roy Williams, and effectively tackled Choice with his own teammate:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_POGGZEspA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_POGGZEspA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So next time you hear a whiny Bungle or Ratbird fan complaining about Hines Ward's blocking, forward this little gem of our linebacker handling a blindside block attempt. :thumbsup:

By the way, if you view this video from the actual youtube site, make sure you view it in "high definition" mode.

MasterOfPuppets
12-10-2008, 11:08 AM
and the idiot had the nerve to call it a good block !!! :sofunny:

The Duke
12-10-2008, 11:15 AM
a decent block by williams :coffee:

Get off the cowboys jock already!!

It's plays like this that make harrison the DPOY. The "splash" plays. It's not just the sacks, it's his overall performance

drizze99
12-10-2008, 12:03 PM
I laughed my ass off when this play happened on Sunday.... Harrison is a BEAST!

stlrtruck
12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Harrison knows his head has to be on a swivel when chasing the play.

But really it was a good block, he did his job and got in the way - I'm sure he wishes he wouldn't have done that - but it was a good "in the way" block.

XxKnightxX
12-10-2008, 12:20 PM
It may sound like Im talking out of my ass, but when I saw that Hagans was sidelined 2 years ago and harrison was filling in, I said to myself man this guy looks more solid than hagans, and that leap that he made over Tomlisson on that Monday night game solidified it. ONce Joey porter was cut and Harrison was said to fill in, I knew he was gonna be just as good and man I was right. Hopefully we can re sign him

Edman
12-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Bottom Line.

Silverback isn't going to have any of that. Bart Scott and Keith Rivers need to take notes.

lilyoder6
12-10-2008, 01:40 PM
that was funny to see harrison lower his head and take out roy and choice

Hapa
12-10-2008, 01:50 PM
It helps with leverage that James Harrison is so short. Most pass rushers are 6'4'' or 6' 5''.

The_WARDen
12-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Harrison knows his head has to be on a swivel when chasing the play.

But really it was a good block, he did his job and got in the way - I'm sure he wishes he wouldn't have done that - but it was a good "in the way" block.

except he didn't actually block him from doing anything...Harrison still made the play and used him as his b*tch in the process...

stlrtruck
12-10-2008, 03:17 PM
except he didn't actually block him from doing anything...Harrison still made the play and used him as his b*tch in the process...

Block vs. b*tch, they're both 5 letters and start with B and have a C! :rofl:

jjpro11
12-10-2008, 03:45 PM
that "block" probably prevented choice from gaining another 10 yards.

Preacher
12-10-2008, 04:00 PM
that was funny to see harrison lower his head and take out roy and choice

That was how a LB SHOULD take on a receiver crack-backing.

24seven
12-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Thats almost as good as the one in my signature.. I LOVE this guy.. He's hanging with the likes of Mean Joe.. Lambert.. Lloyd.. Greg is who he reminds me of the most but damn he's awesome to watch. I can watch him slammin ocho pendejo over and over and over..

skinart82
12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
The MAN!

thebus36idf
12-10-2008, 08:59 PM
On this play, Harrison completely and utterly owned Roy Williams, and effectively tackled Choice with his own teammate:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_POGGZEspA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_POGGZEspA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So next time you hear a whiny Bungle or Ratbird fan complaining about Hines Ward's blocking, forward this little gem of our linebacker handling a blindside block attempt. :thumbsup:

By the way, if you view this video from the actual youtube site, make sure you view it in "high definition" mode.

Nice job!!!! I love that Guy

Hines0wnz
12-11-2008, 01:13 AM
This is an example of why Hines is so damn good. Williams waited for the contact, Hines would seek to create his own contact and give the runner a better chance at positive yards. That was my thinking when I was watching the play anyway.

markymarc
12-11-2008, 07:08 AM
I love James Harrison. This guy is a great football player. He plays with intensity every snap. I really hope we resign this guy in the off season. Just call him DPOY.

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2008, 07:10 AM
James had his head on a swivel

LOL!

klick81
12-11-2008, 10:58 AM
This is an example of why Hines is so damn good. Williams waited for the contact, Hines would seek to create his own contact and give the runner a better chance at positive yards. That was my thinking when I was watching the play anyway.

Exactly! Had that been Hines, the runner would have gained at least another 15 yards.