PDA

View Full Version : RB

Steeldude
12-10-2008, 01:22 PM
reminds me a little of barry foster. keeps legs churning, low to the ground, moves well and accelerates into contact, big thighs...

not that the steelers need a RB, but in 2010 this RB is available. unless he comes out his junior year. unfortunately the steelers, IMO, wasted their pick on a scatback named mendenhall. i would rather have a RB who attacks the opposition, not one who runs away(loose term) from possible contact and is brought down on the first hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrWZwH9VVJU

shonn greene 5' 11" 235lbs

projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder if he comes out early(2009)

Texasteel
12-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I have seen every Iowa game. Green is IMO the best RB in the Big 10. I believe he has had a 100 yards in every game this year. If we could get him with the 3rd round pick I would take him and see what we could get for Mendenhall.

Beleive me, by the 4th quarter no body on the defence really wants to tackle this guy.

SunshineMan21
12-10-2008, 08:07 PM
It's a little early to give up on Mendenhall . . . and he's no "scat-back."

Texasteel
12-10-2008, 08:09 PM
It's a little early to give up on Mendenhall . . . and he's no "scat-back."

Not giving up on him, Just love Green.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-10-2008, 11:39 PM
How about John Clay from Wisconsin in 2010?? He will be a redshirt sophmore and eligible, but likely will stay another year or 2.

MDSteel15
12-11-2008, 02:45 AM
How about NO RB's from the Big 10!!! Just don't like them right now, especialy since we took RushHard in the 1st this year....

MasterOfPuppets
12-11-2008, 05:40 AM
i'd bet the farm the steeler's WON'T be looking at RB's in the first 5 picks.... does anyone see a FS, being targeted early? clarks contract is up in 09 (?) 31 yrs old......anthony smith has shown 0 improvement...... i think FS should be addressed in the top 3 picks.

Steeldude
12-11-2008, 08:57 AM
don't be surprised if the steelers pick a WR, TE or RB in the first round. i doubt they will address the O-line and D-line until the second day.

Galax Steeler
12-12-2008, 05:08 AM
, wasted their pick on a scatback named mendenhall. i would rather have a RB who attacks the opposition, not one who runs away(loose term) from possible contact and is brought down on the first hit.

)
:toofunny::toofunny:

Steeldude
12-16-2008, 01:10 AM
:toofunny::toofunny: :pw: one of your typical replies. be sure to spam that post count above 4,000 before the end of the week. :thumbsup:

i noticed you wouldn't reply with your opinion/thoughts on mendenhall. oh that's right, you are a lemming, incapable of having independent thoughts.

steelwall
12-16-2008, 01:29 AM
I don't know.... Is it me, or is watching this guy run like playing the replay in slow motion. IMO he will not be an NFL elite...he has absolutly no speed.

ShutDown24
12-16-2008, 02:18 AM
unfortunately the steelers, IMO, wasted their pick on a scatback named mendenhall.

You're joking right...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cxAs7mGSs

The entire video shows how tough Mendenhall is. How many of those runs does he not make contact with the defense? Very few. He ALWAYS falls forward. ALWAYS keeps his legs driving. The guy is a stud. Marion Barber might be closer to a scatback than Mendenhall is.

Run the video to 1:40 and watch the following few plays if you don't want to watch the whole film.

Scatback... If you don't like the player that's okay, but don't insult him dude...

Galax Steeler
12-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the vid he had some hard running and breaking tackles in there he didn't look to slow to me but some people thinks he is a scatback but everyone has there opinion he looks pretty good to me and in that clip I didn't see him running away from contact he was hitting just as hard as anyone and also I didn't see him being brought down after the first hit I guess some people see things that aren't really there.

ShutDown24
12-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the vid he had some hard running and breaking tackles in there he didn't look to slow to me but some people thinks he is a scatback but everyone has there opinion he looks pretty good to me and in that clip I didn't see him running away from contact he was hitting just as hard as anyone and also I didn't see him being brought down after the first hit I guess some people see things that aren't really there.

Yeah, I mean you can have an opinion of a player but don't say he avoids contact when he obviously doesn't... Mendenhall makes a cut and hits it hard. That's all that I can ask for in a back.

Rhee Rhee
12-30-2008, 03:37 AM
if ur interested in a runningback take a look at gatrell johnson of colorado state. i wasn't sure of how good he was but once i saw him in his bowlgame against fresno state i was sold... the guy reminds me of a poor man's stephen jackson and his hairstyle only adds to that notion...

the guy's pretty big a 6'0 225 and plays very physical.

millwalldavey
12-30-2008, 11:24 AM
The Steelers should spend the ENTIRE draft on both sides of the line.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
i'd bet the farm the steeler's WON'T be looking at RB's in the first 5 picks.... does anyone see a FS, being targeted early? clarks contract is up in 09 (?) 31 yrs old......anthony smith has shown 0 improvement...... i think FS should be addressed in the top 3 picks.

If we pick up a RB..it will be as a short yardage back...and then it will be second day only....so start checking big backs with a 4th-7th round grade.

If Rashad Jennings from Liberty 6'1 235lbs is available in the 3rd they MAY be tempted to take him...other than that look at players in the later rounds like Rodney Ferguson of New Mexico who is 6'0 240lbs.

...and yes MOP....I think we start looking at safeties in the first 5 picks

HughC
12-30-2008, 12:55 PM
don't be surprised if the steelers pick a WR, TE or RB in the first round. i doubt they will address the O-line and D-line until the second day.
Respectfully, I disagree. The primary area of need all season has been the offensive line. If there is one area I would like to see them target, it would be to add quality and depth to the o-line.

On the other hand I don't want them to fall in to the trap that other teams do, where they become so focused on one position that they reach for a player. That's one of the reasons why those other teams have draft busts and keep missing the playoffs, while teams like the Steelers excel year after year. Take the player with the best value; don't take a 3rd-rounder in the 1st round simply because he plays a certain position.

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 02:25 PM
If Rashad Jennings from Liberty 6'1 235lbs is available in the 3rd they

that would be a cool... i have seen him play in person and actually talked to him.. he's a pretty cool guy... and my sister-in-law's lil brother played with him at liberty and he's saying he's a sick rb

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2008, 02:34 PM
that would be a cool... i have seen him play in person and actually talked to him.. he's a pretty cool guy... and my sister-in-law's lil brother played with him at liberty and he's saying he's a sick rb

...Its reported that he runs in the 4.4's (have to wait until the combine to verify)...but I do know that he has NO problem putting a shoulder on defenders.