PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Steelers the least respected GOOD team in the NFL?

SteelCityKingsVP
12-10-2008, 10:18 PM
If you've been a Steeler fan long enough, you know as well as I do that the Steelers NEVER get the credit they should! Why is that? Why, despite how many games we win, how good our Defense OR Offense does do we not get the credit we rightfully deserve. Like for example at the beginning of the season every one was saying that the BROWNS would win the AFC North! Thats one of the MOST rediculous things I've EVER heard! What are your thoughts?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Not sure, but I like flying under the radar. Less pressure on our guys :tt02:

thebus36idf
12-10-2008, 10:34 PM
If you've been a Steeler fan long enough, you know as well as I do that the Steelers NEVER get the credit they should! Why is that? Why, despite how many games we win, how good our Defense OR Offense does do we not get the credit we rightfully deserve. Like for example at the beginning of the season every one was saying that the BROWNS would win the AFC North! Thats one of the MOST rediculous things I've EVER heard! What are your thoughts?

:blah::blah::blah: Every year Sports illustrated, Espn, and other would like to believe that we'll miss the playoffs, or be thrown off our perch by someone in our division, but year after year here we are. They are just going with what they believe the odds are. We can't keep pulling it off year after year yet we do. Then they have to backtrack and often give us the deserved credit. Not nearly as much as New England or the Colts, and why does it always seem there kissin San diegos butts. They were still calling them this team to watch out for as late as two weeks ago. Espn has had us in the Top five in the power rankings most of the year though, and in the top three most of the second half. I still however heard Boomer Esiason, and Shanon Sharp give the division title to Baltimore, before last weeks Dallas Game. Can't wait to call those sissies out. Thank Goodness they have OUR BOY COHWER on the set to set them straight.:rofl:

HometownGal
12-10-2008, 10:35 PM

Because the sports media dunderheads won't give ANY team other than the Cheats* and Cryboys the respect they deserve, especially the Steelers. Negativity and drams sells and there isn't anything negative and not much drama they can report about a team with a winning tradition that pretty much spans 30+ seasons.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Because the sports media dunderheads won't give ANY team other than the Cheats* and Cryboys the respect they deserve, especially the Steelers. Negativity and drams sells and there isn't anything negative and not much drama they can report about a team with a winning tradition that pretty much spans 30+ seasons.

I couldnt agree with you more!:tt:

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-11-2008, 12:14 AM
It does not bother me one bit. The Colts could say the same and Peyton & Co. have been on quite a bit of a hot streak themselves. It would not suprise me to see both us & the Colts in the AFCC game.

cowboykilla
12-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Because we the best thing going today. The announcers can act like they don't see it,but the fans do. All teams and their fans fear Pittsburgh,our merchandise sales says it all,we invade opposing teams stadiums like hordes of invanding barbarians.I'm not going to say it,but you know who we are.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Because we the best thing going today. The announcers can act like they don't see it,but the fans do. All teams and their fans fear Pittsburgh,our merchandise sales says it all,we invade opposing teams stadiums like hordes of invanding barbarians.I'm not going to say it,but you know who we are.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

:thumbsup:

Two words......Steeler Nation. :wave:

"In your house, beating on your team"

As to why the media don't like The Steelers. F**k the media. They're about as useful as Chinco-Oh No, or Sunk-O-Hoho, or whatever he calls himself today!

xfl2001fan
12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Honestly, I think it comes down to your (mostly) unassuming players. Peyton is in 25% of all commercials shown during the football season (let alone the ones after)...Brady is a model-profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter...Ben...does special programs for kids like you'd see on the WE channel, LIFE or some other program like that.

There really aren't any major showboats on your team. None of the "camera-must-be-on-me-and-i'll-talk-a-bigger-game-than-i-can-consistently-back-up" type players like you have on nearly every other team.

Even the showboating that does occur is mild in comparison to the average NFL team.

steelreserve
12-11-2008, 02:44 PM
If you've been a Steeler fan long enough, you know as well as I do that the Steelers NEVER get the credit they should! Why is that?

Apparently because we don't have a gay quarterback.

That's the conclusion I've come to after watching which teams the media have focused on for the past several seasons.

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Brady is a model-profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter....

Couldn't have put it better myself! :thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM

*DING...DING...DING!*

We have a winner! :applaudit::tt02:

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
I actually find the futher under the radar the Steelers soar, the better they do.

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I actually find the futher under the radar the Steelers soar, the better they do.

Stealth Steelers..........

OX1947
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Steelers over the last 16 years have failed miserably when the front runners. That and our offense is horrible.

LetsRock
12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Because "Pittsburgh" is not a major market. It is not "cosmo" enough for the media.

hindes204
12-11-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree with alot of other posts here, we play better as underdogs---see superbowl XL run---the more people doubt us, the more we seem to step up to the plate, so its fine with me, keep hatin on us.....i welcome it

LambertIsGod58
12-11-2008, 03:45 PM

First, as far as not picking us to win the AFC North this year doesn't have anything to do with a lack of respect IMO. I mean, Cleveland was pretty good last year and given the fact of what our schedule looked like at the beginning of the year. I honestly thought we'd be lucky to go 8-8. Fortunately, I was wrong. Second, we have the best TEAM in the league IMO. That usually doesn't sell. Basically, I totally agree with HTG.

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 03:51 PM

Pure and simple....it is jealousy.

Jealous of the Franchise history.

Jealous of the fact The Steelers don't pay out a fortune for prima donnas who basically act and play like c**ts....(that's both on and off the field!)

Jealous of a team which doesn't have to break the bank to turn out HoF'ers.

Jealous of the fan base The Steelers have. Steeler Nation indeed.

Jealous of Pittsburgh, a no nonsense, blue collar, work ethical City (I don't think we're in LA LA land anymore...!)

And most certainly JEALOUS of those 5 Trophys.

As long as the Media keep extolling the virtues of Dallas,NE, et all, and ignoring The Steelers I'm happy. That means Pittsburgh can just keep doing what they've always been doing........you know.....being one of the most successful football teams ever. And adding to that trophy haul. Who needs the media for that?

Not the Pittsburgh Steelers that's for sure!

scsteeler
12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Apparently because we don't have a gay quarterback.

That's the conclusion I've come to after watching which teams the media have focused on for the past several seasons.

Are you saying we don't have a Happy QB??????????????

:tt02::tt02:

Preacher
12-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Media? We don't need no stinkin' media!

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Pure and simple....it is jealousy.

Jealous of the Franchise history.

Jealous of the fact The Steelers don't pay out a fortune for prima donnas who basically act and play like c**ts....(that's both on and off the field!)

Jealous of a team which doesn't have to break the bank to turn out HoF'ers.

Jealous of the fan base The Steelers have. Steeler Nation indeed.

Jealous of Pittsburgh, a no nonsense, blue collar, work ethical City (I don't think we're in LA LA land anymore...!)

And most certainly JEALOUS of those 5 Trophys.

As long as the Media keep extolling the virtues of Dallas,NE, et all, and ignoring The Steelers I'm happy. That means Pittsburgh can just keep doing what they've always been doing........you know.....being one of the most successful football teams ever. And adding to that trophy haul. Who needs the media for that?

Not the Pittsburgh Steelers that's for sure!

i've been saying that ALL ALONG man! no doubt everyone is jealous. we are the most beloved team in the league and there for the most hated. we NEVER get the respect we deserve from the masses on the boob tube because they are too caught up with Tom Brady schlepping Gisele and Peyton Manning selling Gatorade and Tampons. i am SO drained of these primadonnas...

...and then you get the Steelers. the exact opposite of everything that the media loves. no cheerleaders, no bullshit drama, and no egos and rockstars. Holmes gets pinched with some blunts and Tomlin says, we're moving forward and putting it behind us. that's the best way to put it out beacuse you know every other team would make a huge press conference and it'd be in the news for weeks to come. i'm sick of goons stealing my ESPN time because they are cry-tit-whine-ass-momma-sucks. oh Lendale...oh Chad...TO...and everyone who cries about life. GET OVER IT...bcome a Steeler. but too bad we won't have you. we take too much pride in our franchise to have it be shit on by your stupid egos. grow up. play the game. entertain me...don't be a dick.

*sigh*

done...

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Media? We don't need no stinkin' media!

we couldn't get the media even if we wanted it. haha!

it sucks that it takes Roethlisbergers accident, appendix exploding, and a concussion to get some media attention. ontop of that, a losing season to get some people talking. it's tiresome bs because NOBODY cares about the REAL "America's Team."

we have the largest fanbase for women...and NO cheerleaders. our media is our fanbase and our Nation. we don't need ESPN...but i do love seeing the highlights. =)

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 04:48 PM
i've been saying that ALL ALONG man! no doubt everyone is jealous. we are the most beloved team in the league and there for the most hated. we NEVER get the respect we deserve from the masses on the boob tube because they are too caught up with Tom Brady schlepping Gisele and Peyton Manning selling Gatorade and Tampons. i am SO drained of these primadonnas...

...and then you get the Steelers. the exact opposite of everything that the media loves. no cheerleaders, no bullshit drama, and no egos and rockstars. Holmes gets pinched with some blunts and Tomlin says, we're moving forward and putting it behind us. that's the best way to put it out beacuse you know every other team would make a huge press conference and it'd be in the news for weeks to come. i'm sick of goons stealing my ESPN time because they are cry-tit-whine-ass-momma-sucks. oh Lendale...oh Chad...TO...and everyone who cries about life. GET OVER IT...bcome a Steeler. but too bad we won't have you. we take too much pride in our franchise to have it be shit on by your stupid egos. grow up. play the game. entertain me...don't be a dick.

*sigh*

done...

:drink:

cubanstogie
12-11-2008, 05:00 PM
We really haven't played football the gets the hype. Yes, our D is phenominal but we are barely winning low scoring games. That doesn't get the same publicity of the Pats of last year. Plus these analysts flip flop every week of who is best. Like someone mentioned earlier they still can't get of slobbing on the Chargers' knobs. Colts were done, now they are front runner in a lot of peoples minds. And lastly IMO they see we can't run like the Steelers of old. Can you imagine this D with our SB offense. I know a lot of the names are the same but we were much better. We are not that team offensively. Arians, Ben or Willie, O line, take your pick everyone has opinion. IMO if we are to win it all we need to change some things such as our baseline beliefs, which is run first. Maybe win need to pass, pass, pass to open up for run later in game. Our O line is so bad that we need Arians to be a super hero with his playcalling. IMO he is not to blame, but just doesn't have what he needs to work with. With that said, hopefully he is going to change his style up or we are going to have to rely on great D to win it all by themselves.

SaskSteeler
12-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with the facto that our offense has a lot of trouble scoring points and most people dont enjoy watching games full of 3 and outs. I bet if our O put up 28-30 pts a game we would have a lot more publicity and a lot more respect. However our D does get a lot of respect throughout the league as well as on TV.

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Simple answer: People love to hate the Steelers :tt02::tt02::tt02:

AMEN Brother! =)

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
If you've been a Steeler fan long enough, you know as well as I do that the Steelers NEVER get the credit they should! Why is that? Why, despite how many games we win, how good our Defense OR Offense does do we not get the credit we rightfully deserve.

if this is as a whole I think the 5 SB trophies stored away are enough respect, but if speaking about this season, I can see your complaint, but as someone stated, fly under the radar is the best place to be......:tt02:

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
are you guys nuts? what national show do you watch that hates the steelers. have you watched fox on sunday?

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:50 PM
are you guys nuts? what national show do you watch that hates the steelers. have you watched fox on sunday?

only Terry loves us.....:flap:..all the rest could care less...oh but Rod Woodson still shows us love on NFL Network

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I guess every team thinks their team is looked over. Woodson won a SB in Balti but i don't hear love from him.

BozMan
12-11-2008, 08:59 PM
If I had to guess, it probably because most of the media types view Pittsburgh as a small, dull city in the middle of nowhere. They majority probably hate traveling there to cover the Steelers. So they predict (and hope) the Steelers do not do well.

Anyway, who cares about media love or the lack thereof. That's why I like pro football better than college. Elite opinion doesn't mean squat.

43Hitman
12-11-2008, 09:57 PM

Because in the media's eye's, the Steelers are a boring story. You hardly ever hear a Steeler player talkin' shit to the media about other teams. Except for maybe A.Smith but he's an idiot he can't help it.

TeeJay
12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Because in the media's eye's, the Steelers are a boring story. You hardly ever hear a Steeler player talkin' shit to the media about other teams. Except for maybe A.Smith but he's an idiot he can't help it.

Joey was always good for a quote or two :popcorn:

Even if Coach Cowher and the rest of the team really didn't want him to!

And regardless of what everyone else thinks, it's still not right seeing Joey in a Dolphins Jersey!

steelreserve
12-12-2008, 12:57 PM

Now there's a guy who has "Dallas Cowboys" written all over him.

43Hitman
12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Now there's a guy who has "Dallas Cowboys" written all over him.

Well said. :applaudit:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Because that's the way we like it!

lilyoder6
12-13-2008, 11:52 AM
we don't get the cov.. b/c we don't have cheerleaders and then the media can't gauck at them while they are writing