PDA

View Full Version : "Christmas came early for the Steelers."

Shoes
12-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Tomlin: Cowboys comments 'funny'

December 9, 2008 1:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Crayton Tomlin

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin apparently doesn't accept early Christmas gifts, as the Dallas Cowboys have put it this week.

In the aftermath of Sunday's 20-13 comeback victory over Dallas, a Cowboys player told reporters "Christmas came early for the Steelers." Initial reports had the quote attributed to tight end Jason Witten, but NFC East blogger Matt Mosley clarified Monday that it was receiver Patrick Crayton who made the statement.

Either way, Tomlin was amused by the comments during his weekly press conference Tuesday.

"That's just guys talking," Tomlin said. "That's funny to me. When the clock strikes zero, you either got more points than your opponents or you don't. We could have said the same thing about our Indianapolis game but we didn't. We acknowledge that we didn't finish the job. That's what winning is about, particularly winning in December."

And winning in the final month of the season is something the Steelers have done well. Pittsburgh is 16-5 in December since 2004.

Dallas, on the other hand, continues to give out early Christmas gifts in December, as it has for much of this decade.

AFC North, Pittsburgh Steelers, Mike Tomlin, Dallas Cowboys, Patrick Crayton, Jason Witten

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-1-255/Tomlin--Cowboys-comments--funny-.html

cowboykilla
12-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Who cares what the cowgirls say? We cut dat ass,and they are embarresed because they blew it. They didn't give us nothing,we took it.:tt02: They need to be focused on the rest of the season. :helmet:

lilyoder6
12-11-2008, 01:08 AM
thats funny.. christmS came early for us... lol... so what about there other losses???? did christmas come early 4 them??

Hines0wnz
12-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Funny......Crayton only talks after Sunday. Did he even play a down on Sunday? What a bum.

markymarc
12-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Funny how Crayton who didn't even have 1 catch on Sunday does the most talking after games. This is the same punk who after they lost to the Cheaters last year said they would meet them again in the Super Bowl and take care of business. This guy has more post game comments than career receptions.

BlastFurnace
12-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Whether it was Christmas, Good Fortune, Divine Intervention, or just plain Hard Work...I don't care. We got the "W".

Since I live in Dallas, this was one of the sweetest wins I have experienced as a Steelers fan in a long time.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Who cares what the cowgirls say? We cut dat ass,and they are embarresed because they blew it. They didn't give us nothing,we took it.:tt02: They need to be focused on the rest of the season. :helmet::drink::tt::chuckle:

I couldnt agree with you more! Right on brother!:tt:

Fire Haley
12-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Whether it was Christmas, Good Fortune, Divine Intervention, or just plain Hard Work...I don't care. We got the "W".

Yep - I hope we knocked them on the downward slide outta the playoffs.
That would be even sweeter - they can spend their whole year thinking "what might have been".

The Duke
12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Who the hell Patrick Crayton? did he even play on sunday?

Leave it to cowboys players to be classless and sore losers :coffee:

HometownGal
12-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Big words coming from a little man who didn't have a single reception last Sunday. :laughing: How's those splinters in your ass feel douchebag? :toofunny:

The Cryboys and Romo are overrated and they proved that last Sunday.

revefsreleets
12-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

steelreserve
12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
"Scoreboard, bitch."

What else really needs to be said?

SteelerFanInCA
12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Clayton's a joke. He should try breaking a sweat before he opens up his pie hole.

markymarc
12-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Crayton and company should be more ready for TO getting ready to explode and of course making the playoffs instead of worrying about what happened in our game.