PDA

View Full Version : Steelers get #1 seed?

section514
12-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Steelers are 10-3 Titans are 12-1

Steelers play Titans Titans also play Colts

If Steelers win out, and Titans also lose to the Colts. We both are 13-3 Who gets the number one seed in the AFC? If Steelers win this week, they clinch the 2 seed and AFC North. Does that mean that we can get the 1st seed?

SteelCityKingsVP
12-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Yes, if the Steelers win out, that includes a win againts the Titans, which would mean we own the tiebreaker for that game, hence we get number 1 seed and the road to glory comes through PITTSBURGH!!!:tt::tt::tt::tt02:

vasteeler
12-11-2008, 11:39 AM
wow, for some reason i am a little gun shy of having home field through out:chuckle:

43Hitman
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
wow, for some reason i am a little gun shy of having home field through out:chuckle:

Can't say I blame you.

klick81
12-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I can def. see the Steelers beating the Titans, but we need to worry about beating the Ravens first.

If that happens, you know I'll be cheering for the Colts when they play!

fordfan485
12-11-2008, 11:53 AM

I know how many AFC championships have we lost at home, far too many, 94, 97, 01,04. And the team this year hasn't played their strongest games at home either, seems like this year we are a better away team for some reason.

bradness113
12-11-2008, 02:09 PM
our team feeds off the crowd at home. ESPECIALLY wen they play the renegade video for the defense. people dont realize how important that VIDEO is. lol. that pumps up our D and takes it to the NEXT level! ahha

I have a feeling we are going to get the 1st seed in the AFC. :D

LVSteelersfan
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
We have busted a lot of other jinxes this year by beating the Jags and Patsies at home. We can bust that losing at home in the playoffs jinx as well. Home field advantage is very important ALWAYS.

rich4eagle
12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Steelers are 10-3 Titans are 12-1

Steelers play Titans Titans also play Colts

If Steelers win out, and Titans also lose to the Colts. We both are 13-3 Who gets the number one seed in the AFC? If Steelers win this week, they clinch the 2 seed and AFC North. Does that mean that we can get the 1st seed?

Nice thought ........my hope is just be in the playoffs then stuff happens.........otherwise NOTHING happens:tt:

stlrtruck
12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
With all due respect to the hope and drive of this thread, I could care less about the #1 seed right now.

Baltimore has an opportunity to push us on the brink of the playoffs. I'd rather first solidify the AFC North! Destroy the ratbirds and worry about the titans later.

The_WARDen
12-11-2008, 04:27 PM
don't want it...you can keep the home field throughout. It hasn't helped the Steelers in decades.

Preacher
12-11-2008, 04:33 PM
don't want it...you can keep the home field throughout. It hasn't helped the Steelers in decades.

That may be true. BUt this is a new team, new coaches, new era. The problem wasn't home field advantage. The problem was an offense and coach that was too conservative and could put up points when they needed to.

TailgateMel
12-11-2008, 05:10 PM
That may be true. BUt this is a new team, new coaches, new era. The problem wasn't home field advantage. The problem was an offense and coach that was too conservative and could put up points when they needed to.

Agreed! New era! We lost at TN in the 02 season remember? We were also 0-7 at 4:15 games... superstitions be damed... we could use the home field advantage.

Mel

cubanstogie
12-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I can def. see the Steelers beating the Titans, but we need to worry about beating the Ravens first.

If that happens, you know I'll be cheering for the Colts when they play!

I think the Ravens will be tougher than the Titans. Collins has a slow release and no mobility so all we have to do is stop the run. Granted they have great running game, but no one runs on us. Dallas was productive with draws due to us keying in on passing. Against Titans we will be keying on run, and Collins will have to beat us. We need to make Flacco play like the rookie he is.

markymarc
12-12-2008, 07:11 AM
At this point I just want to beat the Rats on Sunday and if that happens I will be very happy with the #2 seed.

stlrtruck
12-12-2008, 09:08 AM
At this point I just want to beat the Rats on Sunday and if that happens I will be very happy with the #2 seed.

Truer words have never been spoken (at least this week)

Steelers & I
12-12-2008, 09:23 AM

BUT, this "new team, new coaches, new era" is currently the 25th ranked offense in the NFL. I'll take the former offensive system as opposed to this current mess.

It's hard to imagine that someone can feel comfort in saying that this offensive system can put points up when they need to. :doh:

Steelers & I
12-12-2008, 09:30 AM

My sentiments exactly, beating the Ravens A$$ is my only concern. I'll gladly accept that #2 seed. The most important thing is that it's a bye week, a home playoff game, and who knows, the Titans may very well lose in the divional round so the Steelers will play at home in the AFC Championship game anyhow.

xlchamps
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I do agree ravens to me has a better d and a better offense then the titans, even though they lost, so lets get past da rats 1st. But our offense is the only thing wrong wtih us this year, and its due to the teams we played this year; phily, rats, giants, chargers, nd the boys. All have great d, so our offense will have problems putting up some points. We cant forget that we have the toughest schdule in the NFL this year. Let's remember some sport writers believed that we wouldn't even be as good as we our right now. That said, we will win out nd most likely be the no.1 seed.

LET'S GO STEELERS:tt::tt::tt::tt02::tt02::tt02:

P.S. Do i see the steel curtain on the rise again?