PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Rose Bowl

Hammer67
12-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Just scored two tickets and a parking pass to the Rose bowl. Will be flying out to Vegas on the 29th...party it up with some buddies from college (my wife's family has a vacation condo out there). Then drive in to California on the 31st and party New Years Eve at another buddies house. Then all four of us are off to the game.

I can't wait. Hope to see other PSU alum out there!!!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Lucky.

:). I've promised myself the day Purdue makes it again, I'm going to try to go somehow. Gone to two Orlando Bowl game, but didn't get to go to the Grandaddy. :(

I've seen the stadium, it's high up in the mountains, and its a must to at least go see if you're a College Football guy, let alone a Big Ten guy.. :)

Have fun, I'll be pulling for the upset, though, USC looks damn good this year.

revefsreleets
12-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Have fun!

I desperately want PSU to pull off the upset...the Big Ten needs some of that tarnish rubbed off, and a PSU win would go a long way toward that.

The only way I see it happening though is if USC is ho-hum about playing in the Rose Bowl because they thought they deserved more. All things being equal, both teams playing to potential, USC is 10-14 points better than PSU. Why? Because although PSU's defense is good enough to slow USC's offense some, USC's defense is better than PSU's offense. I have this one as probably in the 24-28 ish USC 10-13ish PSU range.

Hammer67
12-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Have fun!

I desperately want PSU to pull off the upset...the Big Ten needs some of that tarnish rubbed off, and a PSU win would go a long way toward that.

The only way I see it happening though is if USC is ho-hum about playing in the Rose Bowl because they thought they deserved more. All things being equal, both teams playing to potential, USC is 10-14 points better than PSU. Why? Because although PSU's defense is good enough to slow USC's offense some, USC's defense is better than PSU's offense. I have this one as probably in the 24-28 ish USC 10-13ish PSU range.

We shall see...Penn State blew out Oregon State and they beat USC this year...not saying that makes a huge difference, but I say they are pretty evenly matched. PSU's offense is a beast this year. Probably the best USC has faced so far...it will be a fun game regardless.

revefsreleets
12-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Oregon State is a horrible road team in September, and they also just happened to be the team USC played the week they choked (and the Trojans choke once a year every year, Stanford last year, UCLA a couple years ago, etc, etc...). I put absolutely zero stock in the outcome of the one shared opponents game.

I will say you're probably right about PSU being the best O they face this year, but, to be honest, the PAC 10 was atrocious in 08, and they played the Bucks minus 75% of their offense, so...

Hammer67
12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Counting down the days....leaving on the 29th. It's poker and Craps and beer and football, oh my!!!!

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Counting down the days....leaving on the 29th. It's poker and Craps and beer and football, oh my!!!!

I'm surprised you didn't mention the weather. You're going from 0 to 72 and sunny, baby, and that right there is worth the price of admission!

Hammer67
12-22-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm surprised you didn't mention the weather. You're going from 0 to 72 and sunny, baby, and that right there is worth the price of admission!

I just hope we dont get pelted on the 28th or 29th like a few days ago or my trip gets delayed! :doh:

Robbinz2121
12-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Have fun!

Even if PSU wins, and I hope they do, rather than the big ten gaining respect the media will just end up talking about USC's "off day"

revefsreleets
12-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Even if PSU wins, and I hope they do, rather than the big ten gaining respect the media will just end up talking about USC's "off day"

Not if OSU can upset Texas...the Longhorns were 1 TD away from playing for the NC, and a Bucks win will definitely help restore the Big Ten's lustre...

millwalldavey
12-30-2008, 11:27 AM
I cannot see OSU or PSU getting within 3 TD's of either opponent.

revefsreleets
12-30-2008, 12:01 PM
That's a tad extreme. It's not like they don't both have exceptional defenses. This is the Big Ten, not the Big 12.

westcoastransplant
12-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Welcome all to So. Cal. Its a little chilly here, mid 50's. I managed to score some good seats for Thursday, unfortunately next to the USC band. I've already seen a lot of Penn State fans here. Ran into a bunch last night at the Kings hockey game. A friend of mine told me he saw a bunch at Disneyland yesterday as well. I got a feeling there will be a lot of white in Pasadena.

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 02:06 PM
i think that osu and psu need to come out on fire.. show that the big 10 is not a joke

millwalldavey
12-30-2008, 02:09 PM
PSU is SOL, because that game is right in the backyard of USC... (well, UCLA if you wanna get technical) I think USC is quite an undervalued team.

OSU... just not that good as compared to previous years.

The Big Ten this year just isn;t that good.

revefsreleets
12-31-2008, 09:03 AM
That's why they play the games.

And it's interesting to see the hate is alive and well.