PDA

View Full Version : [thoughs on the AFC North]

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 08:03 PM
i'm not getting on here to start a rant or just hear myself talk shit all day. i just had a some quick quesions about the AFC North...

are we really the toughest division in the league? what makes it so tough and brutal for rivalries?

maybe the answers are obvious and i have a simple answer...but i want to know what you guys think. =)

T.Richardson
12-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Only two teams in the AFC North are tough teams. The Ravens and Steelers. All the Ravens needed is a QB.

I think the toughest division is the NFC South. They all are over .500

The Duke
12-11-2008, 08:08 PM
The AFC North has two of the toughest teams in the league. that's obvious

But overall it is a kinda weak division thanks to those great teams in Ohio

AFC East, South, NFC East and South are all tougher

lilyoder6
12-11-2008, 08:08 PM
usually the nfc east is with all 4 being rly good.. and then the division w/ the saints,panthers,bucs, and falcons

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 08:09 PM
yeah good point. i always thought the NFC East was the illest...but i love the AFC North.

but why is the rivalry SO hot? i mean, what makes it fuel? is it the trash talk? politics? what? -- i don't think the Raiders hate the Broncos or the Falcons hate the Saints as much as the Browns hate the Steelers. na'mean?

p.s. i love your signature. gotta love McLouth. haha!

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:12 PM
it's sort of funny how the Steelers and Ravens remind me alot of the 80's early 90's NFC teams (built around a tough D') like that of the Bears, Eagles, Giants etc back then....they seem to play that smash mouth brand of ball (run 1st, to set up the pass) but as a whole, our division is pretty weak, if not for us 2 this would be the weakest (other then maybe the AFC West)

The Duke
12-11-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah good point. i always thought the NFC East was the illest...but i love the AFC North.

but why is the rivalry SO hot? i mean, what makes it fuel? is it the trash talk? politics? what? -- i don't think the Raiders hate the Broncos or the Falcons hate the Saints as much as the Browns hate the Steelers. na'mean?

p.s. i love your signature. gotta love McLouth. haha!

Tell that to mike shanahan

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 08:13 PM
i don't know about you guys, but i love the word "smash mouth football" and i don't know why...? =)

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM

i would tell him...but he doesn't return my calls anymore. ever since we crushed the Broncos in the AFC Championship game...he sort of dropped of the face of the Earth. whatever Mike...thanks for nothing. =)

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=The Ravens and Steelers. All the Ravens needed is a QB.[/QUOTE]

Hatin on Flacco?

43Hitman
12-11-2008, 08:17 PM
^^Having trouble with the quote function?

SteelCityKing
12-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Hatin on Flacco?

hating on Joe Flaccid? i would like him if he wasn't such a queer bait. haha!

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:19 PM

yeah that rivarly goes back to the Lyle Alzando (spelling) days and what not, Tom Jackson has numerous times stated the fact of the hate between these 2 teams....and as you stated with MS being fired by Davis he has made it a point to get back at them evert chance he can.....oh and by the way, I think Norv Turner was rubbing it the Raiders face a few Thursday ago as well.....Davis and the Raiders are hated by alot of people and teams (and not because of their success) a true hate imho....

T.Richardson
12-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Hatin on Flacco?

No. Although his eye brows.....

http://www.thefantasykickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/joe-flacco-ravens-eyebrows_nc.jpg

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
hating on Joe Flaccid? i would like him if he wasn't such a queer bait. haha!

Huh? Very clever. You eat paint chips as a kid?

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Hatin on Flacco?

oh no, we're Wacko for Flacco......:sofunny:...as I've seen the signs you Ravens fans have for him

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
No. Although his eye brows.....

http://www.thefantasykickoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/joe-flacco-ravens-eyebrows_nc.jpg

At least they don't touch... there is some space between those things.

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:24 PM
how much did you pay that 3rd grader to set up your avatar for you there GeoGiant?....I mean that's original....I'm sure every teams board you spam you have him replace it with that's teams logo right?.....:sofunny:

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:25 PM
oh no, we're Wacko for Flacco......:sofunny:...as I've seen the signs you Ravens fans have for him

Boy the QB situation has been rough in Balti.... Flacco has been a ray of hope & I am wacko for flacco :)

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
how much did you pay that 3rd grader to set up your avatar for you there GeoGiant?....I mean that's original....I'm sure every teams board you spam you have him replace it with that's teams logo right?.....:sofunny:

His tail is supposed to wag! It was either that or Art holding the SB trophy.

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Boy the QB situation has been rough in Balti.... Flacco has been a ray of hope & I am wacko for flacco :)

hey, I'll say I think he is a very promising young QB, and for sure a bright light for you guys.....no doubt I give credit where credit is due, I just would have loved for Billick to still been there, I mean after just 1 season he would have been done as well....

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not a spamer. I was part of another steeler forum for a number of years but it folded and now I'm here. Happy to meet yins.

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:29 PM

still doesn't compare with the amount the Rooneys have held up.....:tt02: :tt02:

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:31 PM
hey, I'll say I think he is a very promising young QB, and for sure a bright light for you guys.....no doubt I give credit where credit is due, I just would have loved for Billick to still been there, I mean after just 1 season he would have been done as well....

The Billick era is done but I can't hate on him. The man brought a SB to Balti and he did it after dumping all but 2 of the move over Browns.

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:33 PM
still doesn't compare with the amount the Rooneys have held up.....:tt02: :tt02:

No doubt. The football world has really changed since the Colts spilt in the middle of the night.

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:35 PM
I've live in Lancaster Pa now but I get out to Pitt a few times a year for training. Fun sports town.

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:36 PM
The Billick era is done but I can't hate on him. The man brought a SB to Balti and he did it after dumping all but 2 of the move over Browns.

honestly, you think Billick won that SB for you guy's? I mean I ask Ravens fans this all the time and it's split down the middle, please explain why you think he won the SB for you guys and it wasn't that D' in 00' for you .....Billick was a product of a great system/players in Minnesota....a great motivator was all he was, but that show wore thin imho.....

oh and by the way, you live in Lancaster and are a Ravens fan? what.....c-mon now.....I live 40mins from there

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
honestly, you think Billick won that SB for you guy's? I mean I ask Ravens fans this all the time and it's split down the middle, please explain why you think he won the SB for you guys and it wasn't that D' in 00' for you .....Billick was a product of a great system/players in Minnesota....a great motivator was all he was, but that show wore thin imho.....

oh and by the way, you live in Lancaster and are a Ravens fan? what.....c-mon now.....I live 40mins from there

The man was the head coach. To suggest that he had nothing to do with winning the SB seems odd to me. Again, he was the head coach. A better question would be why does Billick not get credit..... I mean nothing....?

I grew up on the south side of the city and went to college in lanc..... never left. Believe me, I'm on an island as a Raven fan here! I will watch sunday's game with my buddies (steeler fans) and get verbally beat on the whole time.

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
The man was the head coach. To suggest that he had nothing to do with winning the SB seems odd to me. Again, he was the head coach. A better question would be why does Billick not get credit..... I mean nothing....?.

your correct, but I think any HC could have come in there and gotten the same done with that D', and if anything I think Marvin Lewis (who was a LB coach here for yrs before being the DC in Bmore) doesn't get enough credit then either..

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
your correct, but I think any HC could have come in there and gotten the same done with that D', and if anything I think Marvin Lewis (who was a LB coach here for yrs before being the DC in Bmore) doesn't get enough credit then either..

Well if that is the case, then neither guy s the credit and Ozzie gets all the props. Oz was the primary guy drafting. Oz drafted the Def (other than sam adams & the goose). I loved Lewis but what did he do in Washington or Cinci? I'm not saying Billick was the only reason but I can't exclude him.

T.Richardson
12-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Well if that is the case, then neither guy s the credit and Ozzie gets all the props. Oz was the primary guy drafting. Oz drafted the Def (other than sam adams & the goose). I loved Lewis but what did he do in Washington or Cinci? I'm not saying Billick was the only reason but I can't exclude him.

Still cant believe how Baltimore won with Dilfer!

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 08:57 PM

to hear most Ravens fans talk all of his teammates loved playing with the guy, would go to battle with him any day, but then reverse that and see what happened when they brought in Elvis......Dilfer was a sigma no doubt, but they did.....

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM

:) That was all D. If sharpe won't have been there for 3 rd & 8, we won't have won anything.

T.Richardson
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM
:) That was all D. If sharpe won't have been there for 3 rd & 8, we won't have won anything.

Did he have like a 90 yard reception for a TD? I think I might be wrong about that.

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 09:00 PM
I can, to hear most Ravens fans talk all of his teammates loved playing with the guy, would go to battle with him any day, but then reverse that and see what happened when they brought in Elvis......

If you watched those playoff games that year you would a dif opinion. the denver game was won on special teams plays. the tenn game was won on a blocked punt. the oakland game was won on turnovers.

Penn St Steelers
12-11-2008, 09:01 PM
:) If sharpe won't have been there for 3 rd & 8, we won't have won anything.

what was that? the Denver game play where he picked it up or something

devilsdancefloor
12-11-2008, 09:02 PM

shouldnt that be posted on a brownie forums somewhere? :noidea::popcorn:
i hope you are here to talk football and not smack:drink:

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Did he have like a 90 yard reception for a TD? I think I might be wrong about that.

You are correct. Patrick Johnson blocked for / pushed shape into the endzone.

GeoGiant
12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
what was that? the Denver game play where he picked it up or something

My point was that something wacky happened in each game. how may games do you expect to win from returning a blocked punt

T.Richardson
12-11-2008, 09:13 PM
If you watched those playoff games that year you would a dif opinion. the denver game was won on special teams plays. the tenn game was won on a blocked punt. the oakland game was won on turnovers.

My point was that something wacky happened in each game. how may games do you expect to win from returning a blocked punt

I would say Luck!

thebus36idf
12-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Our division was much tougher when we had Tennessee Titans, and Jacksonville Jags here

Crow-Magnon
12-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Our division was much tougher when we had Tennessee Titans, and Jacksonville Jags here

That was a great division. At that time both the Titans and the Jags were hard to beat. Especially the Jags WR's. The tandem of McCardell and Smith were awesome, and at that time Brunell was a top-tier QB.

Now we're saddled with the Browns and Bengals. Good one year and crappy for six.