PDA

View Full Version : is it time?

PalmerSteel
12-12-2008, 03:26 AM
sorry if already talked about, but after wathcing last week's replay is it me or is it time for melwelde to take parker's spot as the starter? i have been a supporter of willie since the beginning but something is missing with him. cant pin it down . IMO RIGHT NOW, melwede is doing a better job of pass blocking, catch passes, and running up the gut and getting the yards what count the most. after watching the replay of last weeks game it seems parker 1 yard runs could be 4-5 yard runs just from his style and substance. it will hurt his feelings, but feature melwede sunday, and watch him show what steeler football is all about. best offseason signing since farrior. god bless :helmet:

augustashark
12-12-2008, 03:42 AM
sorry if already talked about, but after wathcing last week's replay is it me or is it time for melwelde to take parker's spot as the starter? i have been a supporter of willie since the beginning but something is missing with him. cant pin it down . IMO RIGHT NOW, melwede is doing a better job of pass blocking, catch passes, and running up the gut and getting the yards what count the most. after watching the replay of last weeks game it seems parker 1 yard runs could be 4-5 yard runs just from his style and substance. it will hurt his feelings, but feature melwede sunday, and watch him show what steeler football is all about. best offseason signing since farrior. god bless :helmet:

Holy Cow, how many of these threads are going to be started!:noidea:

Steelman16
12-12-2008, 03:43 AM
I'd kinda like to see Willie come in after the second half for the 1-2 punch and hammer it home on fresh legs and against a tiring defense.

Holy Cow, how many of these threads are going to be started!

Until Parker is no longer a Pittsburgh Steeler.

augustashark
12-12-2008, 03:47 AM
I'd kinda like to see Willie come in after the second half for the 1-2 punch and hammer it home on fresh legs and against a tiring defense.

I guess. Geesh!

PalmerSteel
12-12-2008, 04:05 AM
what better time than now to see what melwede would do against a very stout d then most question marks would be answered , good or bad, about willie before playoff time.

Galax Steeler
12-12-2008, 04:38 AM
I think Willie is still botherd with his injury a little bit he is not back to 100% I like the idea of bringing him in toward the middle of the game with fresh legs like Steelman said.

stillers4me
12-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Last week, it was run once, pass, pass. Or should I say run once, pass once., Ben gets nailed once. Can we be a little less predictable?

bradness113
12-12-2008, 12:37 PM
he has had an injury ridden season....next year, wen he rushes for over a 1,000yds, Im going to LAUGH at all of you....

give the guy a break. shit

steelreserve
12-12-2008, 12:47 PM
he has had an injury ridden season....next year, wen he rushes for over a 1,000yds, Im going to LAUGH at all of you....

Yeah, but there are people who think he causes problems even when he does rush for 1,000 yards. It's all right here in this pamphlet.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2008, 12:58 PM
No

Its time to run the Ball Effectively on 1st down and stop with the -1 yard plays.

Its time to get back to smashing the ball ahead and making the cut at the 2nd level instead of in the backfield.

Its time for every single player on offense to be more efficient from the first play to the last. Everyone of them.

4 drives a game. That's all we need. 3 Tds, 1 Field goal. And we will beat anyone we face.

That's 1 drive a quarter. Thats it. Just get me 1 scoring drive a qrt, finish the drives in the redzone and our D will do the rest.

Time to manage the offense, take care of the ball, not make stupid plays, and get the job done. No more excuses, or "we need to do this more" crap. Simply run the plays effectively and get the job done.

Now.

Steeldude
12-12-2008, 01:02 PM
it's time to run

it's time to pass

it's time to block

it's time to call good plays

it's time to adjust

it's time to be consistently positive on offense

43Hitman
12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
The real question is how many times can Steeler fans regurgitate the same tired thread before the end of the season?:doh: My bet is atleast 50 more times. Seriously folks can we let it go already. :banging:

fansince'76
12-12-2008, 01:47 PM

Moore got stuffed by the Colts - he won't do better against B'more. :coffee:

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Last week, it was run once, pass, pass. Or should I say run once, pass once., Ben gets nailed once. Can we be a little less predictable?

Predictability? Why that's the MO of Bruce Arian's. "Beat'em with predictability!"

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 01:53 PM

This is a good option, it worked fairly well against New England. It's better than just our right starting Parker, that just isn't working anymore.

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

That's fantastic, see I can care less about us having the 23rd ranked rushing offense in the league this year and heading into the playoffs as a one-dimensional team. All I care about is good ole' Willie breaking 1,000 yards next year along with half of the other league's running backs.

Steelers & I
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM
That's fantastic, see I can care less about us having the 23rd ranked rushing offense in the league this year and heading into the playoffs as a one-dimensional team. All I care about is good ole' Willie breaking 1,000 yards next year along with half of the other league's running backs.

You better get a leg up on every other Fantasy owner. Sign Willie Parker NOW! lol

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 02:03 PM
You better get a leg up on every other Fantasy owner. Sign Willie Parker NOW! lol

lol

steelreserve
12-12-2008, 02:12 PM
The real question is how many times can Steeler fans regurgitate the same tired thread before the end of the season?:doh: My bet is atleast 50 more times. Seriously folks can we let it go already. :banging:

Let's imagine you and your brother share a car, and one day it starts having problems shifting and the engine is making funny sounds. You look under the hood and it looks like a belt has come off and it's leaking transmission fluid, so you point it out to him and tell him he'd better take the car to a mechanic.

For some reason, he decides not to take the car to the mechanic; instead he just puts duct tape over the leak and gets back on the highway, insisting that everything's fine. A week later, you're riding with him and the car breaks down. The engine is still making funny sounds, so you look under the hood again and it's still missing a belt and leaking transmission fluid.

So basically, you've identified what's wrong, but identifying the problem hasn't fixed it, and until he gets off his ass and fixes it, it's going to remain a problem and you're going to keep breaking down on the side of the road. Do you keep reminding him to get it fixed, or do you go "Oh well, we talked about it already, I guess I'll let it go."

Does that analogy make it clear enough why we still talk about Parker?

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Let's imagine you and your brother share a car, and one day it starts having problems shifting and the engine is making funny sounds. You look under the hood and it looks like a belt has come off and it's leaking transmission fluid, so you point it out to him and tell him he'd better take the car to a mechanic.

For some reason, he decides not to take the car to the mechanic; instead he just puts duct tape over the leak and gets back on the highway, insisting that everything's fine. A week later, you're riding with him and the car breaks down. The engine is still making funny sounds, so you look under the hood again and it's still missing a belt and leaking transmission fluid.

So basically, you've identified what's wrong, but identifying the problem hasn't fixed it, and until he gets off his ass and fixes it, it's going to remain a problem and you're going to keep breaking down on the side of the road. Do you keep reminding him to get it fixed, or do you go "Oh well, we talked about it already, I guess I'll let it go."

I hope it made it clear cause it was a damn fine analogy.

HometownGal
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM
I dont know if I'm really ready to anoint MeMo as the starter just yet, as I think both backs bring different flavors to the O and can be utilized in different schemes, depending on which direction each game is traveling. I'd like to see both of them see action in every game to throw the opposing D's off balance.

hindes204
12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I dont know if I'm really ready to anoint MeMo as the starter just yet, as I think both backs bring different flavors to the O and can be utilized in different schemes, depending on which direction each game is traveling. I'd like to see both of them see action in every game to throw the opposing D's off balance.

i agree:thumbsup:

DACEB
12-12-2008, 02:45 PM

It worked great in the Pats game. And like another said, FWP looked really good coming in fresh late in the game. That's all I ask as well, each guy has his spot, including Russell, and each should be used to the best of their abilities.

stlrtruck
12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
I like RB by committee. Let Parker get a few touches, let MeMo get his as well as the third down out of the backfield and allow Davis his short yardage carries and every once in awhile have two threats (i.e. Parker and Moore) in the backfield.

The Duke
12-12-2008, 03:05 PM
It worked great in the Pats game. And like another said, FWP looked really good coming in fresh late in the game. That's all I ask as well, each guy has his spot, including Russell, and each should be used to the best of their abilities.

:thumbsup:

At first willie wasn't working against the pats, moore comes in and does a little better, then near the end comes a fresh willie to help run out the clock

Can it work against baltimore? Yes, I believe it can :tt03:

I like RB by committee. Let Parker get a few touches, let MeMo get his as well as the third down out of the backfield and allow Davis his short yardage carries and every once in awhile have two threats (i.e. Parker and Moore) in the backfield.

:doh: I hope you mean Russell

xfl2001fan
12-12-2008, 03:10 PM

Similar to what the Giants have been doing all season basically.

The Duke
12-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Similar to what the Giants have been doing all season basically.

Difference is, the giants have probably the best oline in football

xfl2001fan
12-12-2008, 03:35 PM

Having Bettis Jr. (i.e. Brandon Jacobs) helps some too though.

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 03:41 PM

Easily the best in football.

lilyoder6
12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
i oldn't mind having parker and memo get there carries in the game and then russell can get his short yrdage going on... ... it keeps evryone Fresh and we are not running the tires of the car

stlrtruck
12-12-2008, 03:56 PM
:thumbsup:

At first willie wasn't working against the pats, moore comes in and does a little better, then near the end comes a fresh willie to help run out the clock

Can it work against baltimore? Yes, I believe it can :tt03:

:doh: I hope you mean Russell

Yeah, it was a brain fart - work is starting to intefere with my football stuff. Dang worK!!!! :banging:

43Hitman
12-12-2008, 04:05 PM

I'm not a an idiot I get it. But does there really need to be thread after thread about it? And to answer your analogy. At some point you tell your brother he's a dumbass and stop riding with him. DUH!

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm not a an idiot I get it. But does there really need to be thread after thread about it? And to answer your analogy. At some point you tell your brother he's a dumbass and stop riding with him. DUH!

lol...you answered your own question. Just stop reading the threads. If we can't gripe here, where are we gonna do it hitman? My friends are all Giants fans, they'll just tell me how Eli is the greatest thing ever and that Pittsburgh sucks.

43Hitman
12-12-2008, 04:37 PM
My question was this. Why does there need to be multiple threads about the same subject? So I am being flamed for that? Seriously this board is going to shit. Why can't you whiners keep these stupid I hate willie posts in the same thread? Is that so much to ask?

OneForTheToe
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM

Say what you will about Willie Parker, but don't ever, ever, put down repairs done with duct tape. :rocket: My god man, let's not lose our heads.:thumbsup:

bradness113
12-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I agree completely with what willie said. We arent a smashmouth running team anymore...ive noticed it, im sure you have too. When its 3rd and 2, and bens in shotgun...we have serious issues in the run game.... somethings wrong. and we need to get back to STEELER Football

HometownGal
12-12-2008, 05:09 PM

I forgot to include Russell - he has played well this season, imho. :thumbsup:

I really would like to see the Steelers go back to utilizing the fullback position a little more often, as when Kreider was here, he opened some nice holes for The Bus.

We have some nice weapons in the backfield - I'd really like to see all of them utilized each and every game.

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 06:26 PM
My question was this. Why does there need to be multiple threads about the same subject? So I am being flamed for that? Seriously this board is going to shit. Why can't you whiners keep these stupid I hate willie posts in the same thread? Is that so much to ask?

I didn' see anyone flame you. Why can' those who don't "whine" leave the "whiners" alone? It spreads to multiple threads cause its an OPEN forum, so if a whiner wanders into a "The Offense is Perfect" thread, then he's going to whine about how it's not. The solution? I don't know. But I won't stop "whining" just for the sake of someone who doesn't want to hear me "whine".

43Hitman
12-12-2008, 06:32 PM
I didn' see anyone flame you. Why can' those who don't "whine" leave the "whiners" alone? It spreads to multiple threads cause its an OPEN forum, so if a whiner wanders into a "The Offense is Perfect" thread, then he's going to whine about how it's not. The solution? I don't know. But I won't stop "whining" just for the sake of someone who doesn't want to hear me "whine".

You should feel honored. You will be the first on my ignore list. And I've been a member of this forum for almost 2 years. Not even a stupid clowns fan pisses me off more than you.

.24lockdown
12-12-2008, 06:38 PM
wait u want him to start sunday so u can see what he does against a good run d?! go back to the colts game and see what does against a bad one, lol. the answer isnt a replacement. its playcalling and formations, not just the individual

NYC SteelersFan
12-12-2008, 06:50 PM
This I think is where we fundamentally are in disagreement. Last season Parker was leading the NFL in rushing until injury. We are 13 games into THIS season and I feel as if you are writing him off.

Good coaches and organizations dont write players off in 13 games. If they do, the sometimes end up like Atlanta-trading Brett Favre, Pittsburgh-letting John Unitas go, or Baltimore-waiving James Harrison.

From a sport psychology perspective, you dont want to create environments where players are constantly looking over their shoulder for the sign of bad things to come and pulling them. Its like a coach that pulls his goalie constantly after giving up 2 goals in hockey, a starting pitcher getting yanked too early for a reliever or making a QB change too early. Its negative reinforcement and cultivating a fear of failure mentality.

This is what fans like to call for and I think it makes them feel better by venting. Coaches and management dont look to dump a guy 13 games after he was the leading rusher in the league. I am not arguing with you, just stating common curcumstances and not looking for the exceptional cases to argue a point........because no matter what you or I say, it has little bearing on what is done. Its just bitching about nothing.

El-Gonzo Jackson

You never answered the original question. At what point do you stop referencing to a player's past seasons to prove he is still good despite his present performance?

Parker is 29, so comparing him to Favre who was a rookie when he was traded is not a good example. Unitas was a rookie and never played a single game before being cut so he too is a bad example. And people keep saying, dumping or cutting Parker. No one is saying dump or cut him. They are saying, stop starting him if he is "injured" and let another running back start until he proves himself unworthy while Parker supposedly "heals". If Parker never "heals" then it is time to dump him. But no one is saying drop Parker and make Moore the premiere back for the next 3 years, that's just ridiculous and that is how reasonable people who are asking for Parker to go to #2 on the depth chart have been having their statements blown out of unreasonable proportion by members of the forum who don't finish reading the entire post before replying or they don't understand what they read and reply. Or they take words and skew them because they are emotional and are thinking the entire time while typing, "How dare they talk bad about Wllie." (Not you Gonzo).

And as far as players loking over their shoulders, I love that and I want them to. That is why the NFL is great and better than any other sport, cause they do all look over their shoulders. Cause NFL stands for Not-For-Long. Cause unlike miserable baseball or basketball and even hockey, they don't get guaranteed contracts and they can't afford to play like crap or dog it cause it's at a certain point in the season or cause they don't feel like playing but still get paid and the team is stuck with them. And the only time they play good is in a contract year and every other year their athletic ability suddenly decreases by 30%.

A fear of failing? You get paid more in 1 year than the average person makes in a life time and I'm supposed to care about not cultivating a negative environment? This isn't high school or pee wee football. I don't give a damn about how these guys feel or what their state of mind is. They are not playing simply cause they love the game and are having fun. They are getting paid millions of dollars to play and perform and if they can't hack it, there will always be someone waiting who can.

Again I ask you, Parker was great for 2 years. It's been 13 games now, if you believe now is too soon, tell me at what point do you stop referring to Parker's previous good years before saying, "ok he's had his chance, time to move on"?

.24lockdown
12-12-2008, 07:13 PM
You never answered the original question. At what point do you stop referencing to a player's past seasons to prove he is still good despite his present performance?

Parker is 29, so comparing him to Favre who was a rookie when he was traded is not a good example. Unitas was a rookie and never played a single game before being cut so he too is a bad example. And people keep saying, dumping or cutting Parker. No one is saying dump or cut him. They are saying, stop starting him if he is "injured" and let another running back start until he proves himself unworthy while Parker supposedly "heals". If Parker never "heals" then it is time to dump him. But no one is saying drop Parker and make Moore the premiere back for the next 3 years, that's just ridiculous and that is how reasonable people who are asking for Parker to go to #2 on the depth chart have been having their statements blown out of unreasonable proportion by members of the forum who don't finish reading the entire post before replying or they don't understand what they read and reply. Or they take words and skew them because they are emotional and are thinking the entire time while typing, "How dare they talk bad about Wllie." (Not you Gonzo).

And as far as players loking over their shoulders, I love that and I want them to. That is why the NFL is great and better than any other sport, cause they do all look over their shoulders. Cause NFL stands for Not-For-Long. Cause unlike miserable baseball or basketball and even hockey, they don't get guaranteed contracts and they can't afford to play like crap or dog it cause it's at a certain point in the season or cause they don't feel like playing but still get paid and the team is stuck with them. And the only time they play good is in a contract year and every other year their athletic ability suddenly decreases by 30%.

A fear of failing? You get paid more in 1 year than the average person makes in a life time and I'm supposed to care about not cultivating a negative environment? This isn't high school or pee wee football. I don't give a damn about how these guys feel or what their state of mind is. They are not playing simply cause they love the game and are having fun. They are getting paid millions of dollars to play and perform and if they can't hack it, there will always be someone waiting who can.

Again I ask you, Parker was great for 2 years. It's been 13 games now, if you believe now is too soon, tell me at what point do you stop referring to Parker's previous good years before saying, "ok he's had his chance, time to move on"?

it wasnt just 2 years, this is the 4th season he's been in the starting rotation. and when u say its been 13 games, it sounds like ur saying hes been horrible for all 13 games. dont forget he put away that chargers game which was still in his 'injury' phase, while putting up 100 yds

steelreserve
12-12-2008, 07:24 PM
it wasnt just 2 years, this is the 4th season he's been in the starting rotation. and when u say its been 13 games, it sounds like ur saying hes been horrible for all 13 games. dont forget he put away that chargers game which was still in his 'injury' phase, while putting up 100 yds

I don't think he was great for 2 years. He got a lot of yards, but our running game hasn't been the same.

Anyway, I'm officially done talking about Parker until after the next game now. My bet still stands that if he goes over 100 yards against the Ravens, I'll wear him as an icon for the rest of the season.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Parker had an excellent opening to the season, then he got hurt.

Then he was supposed to come back and reinjured himself in practice.

Then he comes back and hurts his shoulder.

Parker hasn't been 100% since the Philly game, where their defense tore our entire offense a new asshole.

We can't just write Parker off and throw him out with the trash.

Another thing, just like what I wrote in a thread about Willie at the begining of the season:

People want another Jerome Bettis, we all miss The Bus. However, people forget just how special of a player Bettis was.

People seem to expect Bettis type players out of Parker, but Willie Parker and The Bus are two different types of players.

Willie isn't going to run over a defensive end or a linebacker...but he can get through a defensive back.

People need to stop complaining about the things they know Parker can't do and learn to appreciate the skillset that he does bring to the table.

GBMelBlount
12-12-2008, 08:55 PM
My question was this. Why does there need to be multiple threads about the same subject?

Apparently you've never seen the movie "Fifty First Dates" :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
12-12-2008, 09:00 PM

I agree. It's also nice to have fresh legs in the 2nd half. With how well Moore has played, I hope they lighten the load on Parker in order to hopefully have him at 100% come playoffs.

BozMan
12-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Max Starks
Chris Kemoeatu
Justin Hartwig
Darnell Stapleton
Willie Colon

If there must be scapegoat(s) for our miserable offense, those 5 individuals must be at the top of the list -- before Bruce Arians, before Willie Parker, and before Ben Roethlisberger.

Parker does not seem like the same back we saw most of last year and the beginning of this year. He is probably playing at less than 100%. Tomlin, Arians, and the rest of the staff have to make a decision if Parker is in good enough condition to help the team.

Arians needs to employ more effective formations and call better plays throughout the game. Ben has to read the defense quicker and make better decisions with the ball. The WRs have to get open quicker and be on the same page with Ben to defeat blitzes.

But... I don't think swapping Parker for Moore (or anyone else) will be the silver bullet that will magically cure this ailing offense.

More importantly than anything else, the O-line has to friggin' block better. Ben will continue to get sacked, and the RBs will continue to get stuffed unless that changes.

That being said, decisions regarding playcalling and personnel on the field should be should be made with this weakness in mind, so that opposing teams cannot exploit it as much.

Also.... we have to stop it with the stupid penalties. How many dumb, avoidable penalties like false start, illegal motion, illegal shift, illegal formation, delay of game, etc. penalties has this offense taken? Eliminating those help immensely as well.

devilsdancefloor
12-12-2008, 09:32 PM

basically id doubt ANY RB in there prime ( pick your favorite) could run behind this line. It all starts in the trenches. If doesnt help that his knee is injured. During the pats game he broke that big run well he slowed down to take on the tackler instead of putting it in 6th gear. As far as i am concerned willie is NO Shaun Alexander ands should be tossed out.

GBMelBlount
12-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Basically id doubt ANY RB in there prime ( pick your favorite) could run behind this line. It all starts in the trenches.

Couldn't agree more. As El-gonzo, Steeldude and many others have preached, it ALL starts in the trenches. On the bright side, it appears we have SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded our defense and special teams through the recent drafts and hopefully we will address the line "early and often" in the '09. :thumbsup:

devilsdancefloor
12-12-2008, 10:07 PM
SHOULD be tossed out???? :mad:

Should NOT erm opps lol :wave: hard to type with a 80lb lap dog wanting to be on your lap:chuckle:

NYC SteelersFan
12-13-2008, 12:17 AM
basically id doubt ANY RB in there prime ( pick your favorite) could run behind this line. It all starts in the trenches. If doesnt help that his knee is injured. During the pats game he broke that big run well he slowed down to take on the tackler instead of putting it in 6th gear. As far as i am concerned willie is NO Shaun Alexander ands should be tossed out.

Not tossed out, not thrown in the garbage and not cut or hung at the 50 yard line. Just benched or at least officially made #2 on the depth chart. There is a difference. If he really is "injured" then it will allow him to heal. If he is not really "injured" then it will allow him to think about getting his #$%^ together before he loses his job.

I know how bad the o-line is, I hate it as much as the next Pittsburgh o-line hater. But apparently Moore is having better success witht his o-line than Parker is and 13 games into the season, Moore has earned the opprotunity to start until he proves himself worthless. Still bring Parker in if you want on a limited basis but let Moore and Russell carry the bulk until they prove they can't. So far Moore has proven he can do it better than Parker at this point in time.

43Hitman
12-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Couldn't agree more. As El-gonzo, Steeldude and many others have preached, it ALL starts in the trenches. On the bright side, it appears we have SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded our defense and special teams through the recent drafts and hopefully we will address the line "early and often" in the '09. :thumbsup:

QFT

UltimateFootballNetwork
12-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Not tossed out, not thrown in the garbage and not cut or hung at the 50 yard line. Just benched or at least officially made #2 on the depth chart. There is a difference. If he really is "injured" then it will allow him to heal. If he is not really "injured" then it will allow him to think about getting his #$%^ together before he loses his job.

I know how bad the o-line is, I hate it as much as the next Pittsburgh o-line hater. But apparently Moore is having better success witht his o-line than Parker is and 13 games into the season, Moore has earned the opprotunity to start until he proves himself worthless. Still bring Parker in if you want on a limited basis but let Moore and Russell carry the bulk until they prove they can't. So far Moore has proven he can do it better than Parker at this point in time. This is a great take on the clear reality of the situation. I fail to understand how anyone can argue with this take.

thebus36idf
12-14-2008, 12:12 AM

Just because we think that Willie is off a step, because of his injuries this year doesn't equal hate for the guy. I love him. However I heard the announcers mention that MeMo was the hot hand as of late and we should stick with him. I have seen Willie run out of bounds instead of breaking away, The point of the post wasn't to kill Willie. He said he just doesn't seem up to speed. I don't think that deniable. Lets not force him. Lets stick with moore, and add a little FWP at the end. I do have to say also that we used to wear out defenses, and this enabled us to eat up the clock at the close of games. We don't try to wear them down anymore. Willie would always get caught on quite a few short runs then as the opposing D wears out he would start to break out. We seem to give up alot earlier, thus the opposing D doesn't wear out as much, and Willie doesn't get his bug runs. Man can't wait until tomorrow. I've chewed my nails off in anticipation so I hope it's not too much of a nailbiter I have none left.

SteelersJW
12-21-2008, 02:08 PM
14 carries for 29 yards so far (one run of 13 yards) isn't cutting it. I hate to be one of those FWP haters cause I love the guy, but we've got to start Moore.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 02:30 PM
AGREE moore has more yards on one rush than fwp the whole game, bench parker, look at how the offense moved with moore in there.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 02:30 PM
14 carries for 29 yards so far (one run of 13 yards) isn't cutting it. I hate to be one of those FWP haters cause I love the guy, but we've got to start Moore.

BLASPHEMY!

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 02:31 PM
cant argue the stats. its in black and white.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 02:51 PM
cant argue the stats. its in black and white.

Pssssst! Hey listen up buddy, I know what you're saying and completely agree with you, honesty, but if certain forum members catch wind of this thread you're going to be in biiiiiig trouble. You're not allowed to talk badly of star players or the coaching staff and you certainly can't speak ill of lord Parker, it's a forum death sentence.

update:

Parker 16 carries for 32 yards

theplatypus
12-21-2008, 02:56 PM
One thing is certain we need to find a running game. I'll be seriously pissed if we go one and done this year.

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 02:59 PM
The defense and Roethlisberger are too good for 1 and done.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:06 PM
i dont care free country, alot of times the truth hurts i didnt start this thread but its freedom of speech if i wanna badmouth parker i will, the stats are in bold, he sucks.

Jaquila
12-21-2008, 03:11 PM
we are already in the play offs, who needs to play some before play offs to get back on track? FWP!!
who needs run the ball and feel healthy again? FWP!
Who needs get mentally back so he wont worry about all those injuries and not hold anything back in the play offs? FWP!!
Let him play imo!!

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:26 PM
we need to win, fwp has had plenty of time to get over it, had he did his job he would play more.

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
if parker gets about 5 more carries he will have negative yards rushing on the game.

Jaquila
12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
we need to win, fwp has had plenty of time to get over it, had he did his job he would play more.

OMG dude where have you been!? the guy has been banged up the whole season!!

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Willie Parker update:

18 carries for 29 yards

pepsyman1
12-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Our run game sucks and the problem ISN'T FWP. Parker is having hands layed on him 2 yards deep in the backfield almost every time he touches the ball. No leader blocker and some incredibly bad play calls out of the "offensive genius" Bruce Arians is absolutely frightening going into the playoffs. These poorly executed draw plays are embarrassing.

tyler289
12-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Those draw plays are terrible. They aren't going to work with our offensive line.

In general our offense has done a pretty good job, even running the ball. Ben's turnovers have killed us

jstethem12
12-21-2008, 03:50 PM
m moore 3 carries 29 yards

PalmerSteel
12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
well, i bring this topic up again for the ones that are still drinking the koolaid for willie. i love willie, but he is not right! so sick of his dancing around after handoff. he is way too much feast or famine. for the playoffs we HAVE to play mewlede play more. he doesnt have the home run potential like willie but is more consistant on positive gains. with this bad offensive line and willie not 100%, START MELWEDE IN PLAYOFFS!

NYC SteelersFan
12-21-2008, 03:59 PM
START MELWEDE IN PLAYOFFS!

Never!