PDA

View Full Version : Playbook: Brian Billick on the Steelers Defense vs. the Ravens

Fire Haley
12-12-2008, 09:02 AM
NFL Network Analyst Brian Billick discusses how Joe Flacco will need to get the ball to Todd Heap and how the Ravens offensive line can give better pocket protection.

Good stuff

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d392bd

Steelers & I
12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I hate to say it but, Billick is pretty good with film analysis.

However Ravens, understanding what you have to do is one thing, reacting to what you'll see "THIS TIME" is another.

realdeal
12-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Good Stuff! I can't wait!:tt03:

Fire Haley
12-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I still say we fire Arians and hire Billick (the offensive genius) for OC.

It would really spice up the sports talk pages.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-12-2008, 09:26 AM
So basically Billick said, 1. Throw to Heap more 2. Protect Flacco better with TE or RB help.

Pure genius, real insight. No wonder he had all those successful offenses in Baltimore. :rolleyes:

jjpro11
12-12-2008, 09:40 AM
one thing you cant take away from billick is consistency.. the ravens were consistently a bad offensive team for the past decade.

Crow-Magnon
12-12-2008, 09:42 AM
one thing you cant take away from billick is consistency.. the ravens were consistently a bad offensive team for the past decade.

As far as the passing game is concerned, I do not think one Ravens fan will argue with you. The running game is a different story.

Burghfan58
12-12-2008, 09:44 AM
So basically Billick said, 1. Throw to Heap more 2. Protect Flacco better with TE or RB help.

Pure genius, real insight. No wonder he had all those successful offenses in Baltimore. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he would be better as just a coordinater as he was in Minnesota. He certainly had lackluster offenses as head coach.

Fire Haley
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
As long as Boller doesn't come with him in a package deal - I say we take him.

Tankus_Maximus
12-12-2008, 10:35 AM
My message to the D in regards to Flacco....

HIT HIM AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN!!!

Fire Haley
12-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Just get out there and HIT somebody!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/balissteelco-1.jpg

Fire Haley
12-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Check out Billick's blog....

http://wnst.net/wordpress/brianbillick/2008/12/11/a-whole-new-level/

"In the nine years I was the Head Coach of the Ravens, we were .500 (a 9-9 split) in the regular season. What was unique about our games was that, except for the playoff game in 2001, seldom were both teams good in the same year. It seemed that when we were good the Steelers were having an off year and vice versa. Certainly the games always had some ramifications for each team with regards to the division and possible playoffs, but rarely has it had this level of impact, this late in the year, for both teams. I can’t imagine what that will do to the level of intensity in what is already a very intense environment. Indeed, the team that is able to keep their composure and use the intensity to their advantage is likely to be the winner.

I will also be interested in seeing how many Ravens fans give up their seats to the well-traveled Steelers fans. As I noted earlier, if the late game here in Baltimore were in a year where the Steelers were not in the divisional or playoff picture, the number of Steelers fans wiling to pay the premium on tickets was limited.

Obviously, in if the Ravens were at home late in the season and it was the Steelers who were going to the playoffs and the Ravens were not, you might understand how some Ravens fans might be willing to part with their tickets for a nice profit.

This year, with all that is at stake, if you find yourself setting next to a Steelers fan, then you are pretty much going to know the depth of loyalty the person who normally sits next to you has for his team. When said fan returns to his seat vs. Jacksonville two weeks later, at the very least he should buy the beer. At which point you are free to pour it on them."

lilyoder6
12-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Check out Billick's blog....

[This year, with all that is at stake, if you find yourself setting next to a Steelers fan, then you are pretty much going to know the depth of loyalty the person who normally sits next to you has for his team. When said fan returns to his seat vs. Jacksonville two weeks later, at the very least he should buy the beer. At which point you are free to pour it on them."

i think ppl need 2 realize that "selling" there tickets means that there not faithful to the team is outragous... i mean if the man/ppl need money y not sell something that ppl want 4 a price that can help...

stlrtruck
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
i think ppl need 2 realize that "selling" there tickets means that there not faithful to the team is outragous... i mean if the man/ppl need money y not sell something that ppl want 4 a price that can help...

Look, if I'm a season ticket holder for the Steelers (which one day will come true, as I'm on the waiting list), I won't be able to make it to every home game. Matter of fact I'll probably only get to 2-3 games a year. Leaving the rest of them up for grabs but guess what, I'LL BE DAMNED if I'm going to sell my tickets to a broker or to a non-Steelers fan.

I'm sure somewhere in this world is a Steelers Fan that will purchase my additional tickets for face value.

So either the ratbird fans are too lazy to find another ratbird fan to sell them to or they are greedy and want all they money they can get and thus in turn pretty much say, "I'm not loyal enough to sell my tickets to another ratbird fan" or "I don't care if the Steelers fans take over the stadium, I got paid!"

Penn St Steelers
12-12-2008, 03:39 PM
as I stated in another thread yesterday, living 1hr outside of Bmore and working in the City I have the pleasure (or displeasure) of working and living around mostly all Ravens fans, and them selling their tickets is my way of making to this game every season, and honestly the Ravens fans I work with that have PSL's sell this game and with the $$$$ are able to pay for more then a 3rd of their season tickets......

HometownGal
12-12-2008, 04:23 PM
My message to the D in regards to Flacco....

HIT HIM AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN!!!

Yeppers!!! :applaudit::tt03: Hit him early and often. :thumbsup:

This year, with all that is at stake, if you find yourself setting next to a Steelers fan, then you are pretty much going to know the depth of loyalty the person who normally sits next to you has for his team. When said fan returns to his seat vs. Jacksonville two weeks later, at the very least he should buy the beer. At which point you are free to pour it on them."

:toofunny::toofunny::rofl:

markymarc
12-13-2008, 11:59 AM
However Ravens, understanding what you have to do is one thing, reacting to what you'll see "THIS TIME" is another.

And that is the key. There is no way LeBeau throws out the same looks from the first game. LeBeau will have something different for the Flacco rematch. Either way Harrison or Woodley is going to have one on one match ups with their tackles and I like us winning those battles.