PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Rant.

Guttpuppy
12-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Posted by some Steelers fan on a Fantasy Football forum... some kinda funny parts.

The NFL is finally catching onto the fact that the Steelers and the Ravens comprise the most heated rivalry going in the league right now. It’s got everything: hate, threats of violence, bragging about violence when it’s administered and two cities that have nothing better to do than obsess over sports. As someone well-versed in the ways of petty yet all-consuming hatred, I can tell you this is good shoot.

Sure, the Ravens as a team are a band of craven tough-talking thugs who put out bounties on players after they lose, but there’s so much more to despise. Like the city they play in, for instance. It’s just like Richmond, Virginia, only with professional sports teams and more murder and syphilis! Here’s a quick rundown from me, an unabashed hater who wishes they all die while watching a screening of Hairspray.

frig YOU to Bart Scott. At least Ray Lewis has actually done something with his career, so he can get away with killing folks and dancing after every tackle. But you, you’re a poor man’s Carlos Emmons. Nice 1.5 sacks this season, superstar.

frig YOU, Rex Ryan, you giant goofy mongoloid. Way to stick around the team after getting passed over for head coach in favor of someone who looks like he’s 17. I bet he polishes off six bacon cheese rolls by kickoff.

frig YOU to the Chesapeake Bay. It’s not even a bay. “Behold the majestic estuary and its wiped-out crabbing industry!”

frig YOU to Cumberland, Dundalk, Frederick, Hagerstown, Towson, Calvert County, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore and all the other places the white people of Baltimore fled to rather than live in scary, scary Charm City. Enjoy your commute to M&T Bank in your frightening VW Bugs, you Old Bay-seasoned dicks.

frig YOU and your blubbering excuses. “Oh, Steelers fans only overwhelm M&T Bank Stadium because no one lives in Pittsburgh anymore.” Sure, Pittsburgh has lost 300,000 residents since the 1950s. You know another city that has lost 300,000 residents in the same time span? Baltimore.

frig YOU for taking pride in The Wire. “Hey, someone made a compelling drama about how our city is an unlivable, horribly mismanaged hellscape! B-MOOOOOORRRRREEEE” I hope you get left in a vacant townhouse.

frig YOU, Barry Levinson. Diner is overrated and Avalon is treacly garbage. Why can’t you make Baltimore-gets-nuked movies like Sum of All Fears?

frig YOU, Cal Ripken. Way to have your production slip so you can keep your precious streak going. And Carrie Fisher admires the way you’ve let yourself go, Iron Ham. On top of all that, you were the childhood hero of A-Rod. He kept a poster of you in his bedroom as a kid. That’s right. You’re A-Rod masturbation fodder.

frig YOUR alternative black uniforms. Notice how the Ravens incorporate more black into their lame jerseys seemingly every year? Quit copying the Steelers, you festering purple lumps of Grimace shoot.

frig YOU for stealing Edgar Allan Poe. He’s more connected to Philly than your shoot town.

frig YOU to 20-year-olds in Johnny Unitas jerseys. The Colts have been in Indy for almost a quarter century and they aren’t coming back, except to beat the Ravens in the playoffs. Even if you were born before 1984, you sure as shoot weren’t around for Johnny U. Give it up.

frig YOUR aquarium. It’s the only good thing in that pit of despair you call a city. No wonder it costs $800 to get in.

frig YOU, Michael Phelps. You were retarded on Colbert last night plugging your ghostwritten book, just like you were on SNL, Entourage and the million other shows you’ve been on in your post-Olympics overexposure tour. I hope you die in the middle of a desert miles away from any body of water, you awkward dolphin dick.

frig Francis Scott Key. Thanks for giving dipshit Baltimore fans an opportunity to scream OOOOOOOOOOOOOO during the Anthem.

frig YOU, Natty Boh. Disgusting friging crab juice of a beer. And it’s not even brewed in Baltimore anymore. Why don’t you take pride in a more hometown drug, like heroin laced with AIDS?

And lastly, frig YOU, purple camo pants, if only I could find you. You blend so seamlessly with your surroundings. One day I’ll track you down.

NJarhead
12-13-2008, 10:15 AM
:rofl: That was great! I only wish he would have went off on more Ravens players. But fantastic none-the-less. Thank you for posting.

lilyoder6
12-13-2008, 10:46 AM
hahahahahaha... that post is funny as hell... that guy had some bottled up issue's

SteelCityKing
12-13-2008, 03:23 PM
now that's MY kind of tirade. whooo! haha!

43Hitman
12-13-2008, 03:27 PM
I love all of that except the Richmond Va. part. This city is 100 times better than Bmore. I've been to Bmore and can honestly say it is the filthiest city I have ever visited. And I have been all over the world.

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-13-2008, 06:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
F Baltimore, F the ratbirds

beSteelmyheart
12-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Awesome rant! Thanks!

mentalist
12-13-2008, 06:52 PM
just another coked up steelertard with too much time on his hands :blah: :blah: :blah:

43Hitman
12-13-2008, 06:54 PM
just another coked up steelertard with too much time on his hands :blah: :blah: :blah:

Sphincter says what?:coffee:

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I have been a serious Raven hater since when they first became noticed in the league, when was it about 10 years ago, when they first started their nonsense of having a better "D" than us and everybody else. That is what started the rivalry for me. F them, F their gay colors; Purple???? Please....They have always been my most hated team. A very close second would be the Chargers.

HometownGal
12-13-2008, 07:10 PM

I see you didn't challenge his rant. :laughing::toofunny:

frig YOU, Rex Ryan, you giant goofy mongoloid. Way to stick around the team after getting passed over for head coach in favor of someone who looks like he’s 17. I bet he polishes off six bacon cheese rolls by kickoff.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BlastFurnace
12-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Posted by some Steelers fan on a Fantasy Football forum... some kinda funny parts.

frig YOU, Cal Ripken. Way to have your production slip so you can keep your precious streak going. And Carrie Fisher admires the way you’ve let yourself go, Iron Ham. On top of all that, you were the childhood hero of A-Rod. He kept a poster of you in his bedroom as a kid. That’s right. You’re A-Rod masturbation fodder.

:rofl: Loved that comment about A-Rod. I'm an A-Rod fan, but I find this wayyyy to funny and kind of disturbing at the same time.

SteelersMongol
12-13-2008, 08:41 PM
...frig YOU, Rex Ryan, you giant goofy mongoloid...

Here we go again. :banging:

Mon·gol·oid (mŏng'gə-loid', mŏn'-) Pronunciation Key
adj.
1. Anthropology Of or being a major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin pigmentation, straight black hair, dark eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia.
2. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
3. also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.

n.
1. Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial classification.
2. also mongoloid Offensive A person affected with Down syndrome.

Hammer Of The GODS
12-13-2008, 10:32 PM
:chuckle:................:chuckle:................ .:chuckle:..................:chuckle:

Some times ya just gotta tell it like it is!

Edman
12-13-2008, 10:45 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mongoloid

This is what he meant by "mongoloid".

Doesn't change the fact that the Ravens suck all kinds of ass and are downright despicable. The only guy on that team I even have a teeny bit of respect for is Ray Lewis.

The Ravens come off to me as a pussified version of the 70's Raiders. Like the Raiders, they had a nasty rivalry with the Steelers, but never pissed and moaned about wide recievers. They pride themselves on being bullies and for the most part they have intimidated most teams in the league, except the Steelers.

Watch as the pundits slobber the Rats on television tomorrow.

Steelman16
12-14-2008, 01:00 AM
That was great! :tt02:

Watch as the pundits slobber the Rats on television tomorrow.

I was trying not to think about that too much. :chuckle:

deadroth
12-14-2008, 02:31 AM
One point. Steeler fans at Ravens games.

Have you been to a Steelers game in Balitmore recently?

I have had season tickets at M&T since 2001, and went to most games before that.
The Steelers fans represent better than any team at any stadium at any time in the league. They truly are Americas team if you look at how many fans come out to watch 'away' games. Fedex just recently was overwhelmed by Steeler fans for the Redskins game.

It was the same thing in Baltimore up until about 2002, then a steady decline. Every season I started seeing less and less Steeler fans in the stadium. Then in 2004, it really changed, more Steeler fans than most visiting teams, but a lot less, almost neglible. From 2006 until now, there are no more Steeler fans in the stadium than most East Coast teams. I think I saw more Giants fans than Steelers fans a couple years back. Might be the only stadium Steeler fans don't take over.

Hence; the Rivaly thickens and has become hard as stone. And one of the best, if not THE best rivalry in the game. This rivalry has made it such that Steeler fans just don't get away with completely taking over a stadium. Fun stuff. Blood and Soul.

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2008, 04:10 PM
My favorite:

newslang75
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/12/f-k-you-bawlmer.html

Ripped from that site. Gotta love KSK.

DWC52
12-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Guttpuppy;495332]Posted by some Steelers fan on a Fantasy Football forum... some kinda funny parts.

The NFL is finally catching onto the fact that the Steelers and the Ravens comprise the most heated rivalry going in the league right now. It’s got everything: hate, threats of violence, bragging about violence when it’s administered and two cities that have nothing better to do than obsess over sports. As someone well-versed in the ways of petty yet all-consuming hatred, I can tell you this is good shoot.

Sure, the Ravens as a team are a band of craven tough-talking thugs who put out bounties on players after they lose, but there’s so much more to despise. Like the city they play in, for instance. It’s just like Richmond, Virginia, only with professional sports teams and more murder and syphilis! Here’s a quick rundown from me, an unabashed hater who wishes they all die while watching a screening of Hairspray.

frig YOU to Bart Scott. At least Ray Lewis has actually done something with his career, so he can get away with killing folks and dancing after every tackle. But you, you’re a poor man’s Carlos Emmons. Nice 1.5 sacks this season, superstar. Stop hating and watch a game of his. He doesnt pass rush nearly as much. Im guessing you felt the hit on Big Ben

frig YOU, Rex Ryan, you giant goofy mongoloid. Way to stick around the team after getting passed over for head coach in favor of someone who looks like he’s 17. I bet he polishes off six bacon cheese rolls by kickoff. Dont be mad because your beloved coach could be going to a rival team?

frig YOU to the Chesapeake Bay. It’s not even a bay. “Behold the majestic estuary and its wiped-out crabbing industry!”

frig YOU to Cumberland, Dundalk, Frederick, Hagerstown, Towson, Calvert County, Annapolis, the Eastern Shore and all the other places the white people of Baltimore fled to rather than live in scary, scary Charm City. Enjoy your commute to M&T Bank in your frightening VW Bugs, you Old Bay-seasoned dicks. We have plenty white people here and we love them :drink:

frig YOU and your blubbering excuses. “Oh, Steelers fans only overwhelm M&T Bank Stadium because no one lives in Pittsburgh anymore.” Sure, Pittsburgh has lost 300,000 residents since the 1950s. You know another city that has lost 300,000 residents in the same time span? Baltimore. You only overwhelmed us when we were 4-11,and you still lost.

frig YOU for taking pride in The Wire. “Hey, someone made a compelling drama about how our city is an unlivable, horribly mismanaged hellscape! B-MOOOOOORRRRREEEE” I hope you get left in a vacant townhouse. <- You belong here lol

frig YOU, Barry Levinson. Diner is overrated and Avalon is treacly garbage. Why can’t you make Baltimore-gets-nuked movies like Sum of All Fears? ?

frig YOU, Cal Ripken. Way to have your production slip so you can keep your precious streak going. And Carrie Fisher admires the way you’ve let yourself go, Iron Ham. On top of all that, you were the childhood hero of A-Rod. He kept a poster of you in his bedroom as a kid. That’s right. You’re A-Rod masturbation fodder. lol, i wont even justify this. Cal says he'll see you in the hall of fame

frig YOUR alternative black uniforms. Notice how the Ravens incorporate more black into their lame jerseys seemingly every year? Quit copying the Steelers, you festering purple lumps of Grimace shoot. Lmao. We wore black pants our first season. What color is a Raven? Come on, lol. stick to your yellow =p

frig YOU for stealing Edgar Allan Poe. He’s more connected to Philly than your shoot town. Well, his body is here, his house is here..

frig YOU to 20-year-olds in Johnny Unitas jerseys. The Colts have been in Indy for almost a quarter century and they aren’t coming back, except to beat the Ravens in the playoffs. Even if you were born before 1984, you sure as shoot weren’t around for Johnny U. Give it up. So we cant celebrate the greatest QB of all time that helped bring football back to Baltimore? Johnny U said himself he was not an Indianapolis Colt

frig YOUR aquarium. It’s the only good thing in that pit of despair you call a city. No wonder it costs $800 to get in. - 5$ fridays, get with it

frig YOU, Michael Phelps. You were retarded on Colbert last night plugging your ghostwritten book, just like you were on SNL, Entourage and the million other shows you’ve been on in your post-Olympics overexposure tour. I hope you die in the middle of a desert miles away from any body of water, you awkward dolphin dick. -Stop hating on him, hes the fastest swimmer in the world. You know how much pootang that gets you?

frig Francis Scott Key. Thanks for giving dipshit Baltimore fans an opportunity to scream OOOOOOOOOOOOOO during the Anthem. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

frig YOU, Natty Boh. Disgusting friging crab juice of a beer. And it’s not even brewed in Baltimore anymore. Why don’t you take pride in a more hometown drug, like heroin laced with AIDS?

And lastly, frig YOU, purple camo pants, if only I could find you. You blend so seamlessly with your surroundings. One day I’ll track youdown. Stop hatin

stlrtruck
12-19-2008, 08:11 AM
frig YOU to 20-year-olds in Johnny Unitas jerseys. The Colts have been in Indy for almost a quarter century and they aren’t coming back, except to beat the Ravens in the playoffs. Even if you were born before 1984, you sure as shoot weren’t around for Johnny U. Give it up. So we cant celebrate the greatest QB of all time that helped bring football back to Baltimore? Johnny U said himself he was not an Indianapolis Colt

While he certainly was one of the greatest QBs to play the game for the Baltimore Colts, he certainly in hell was never a baltimore ratbird!!!

And oh, let me add one more - the ratbirds only have 1 Super Bowl, and reflection of the Colts Super Bowls do not belong to the ratbird - nor the city, they belong to the NFL organization that won them. So when you realize that your history didn't start until the clowns moved into town, you'll soon realize that all those prior Super Bowls do indeed belong to the Colts! But good luck with history, from what I've seen in bawlmore, hon, is that very few get it!

DWC52
12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
While he certainly was one of the greatest QBs to play the game for the Baltimore Colts, he certainly in hell was never a baltimore ratbird!!!

And oh, let me add one more - the ratbirds only have 1 Super Bowl, and reflection of the Colts Super Bowls do not belong to the ratbird - nor the city, they belong to the NFL organization that won them. So when you realize that your history didn't start until the clowns moved into town, you'll soon realize that all those prior Super Bowls do indeed belong to the Colts! But good luck with history, from what I've seen in bawlmore, hon, is that very few get it!

He was a Baltimore Colt. And those trophies are ours because its Baltimore football. So if the steelers moved somewhere else those trophies wouldnt be yours? WHo cares if we only have on trophy, you do know we started in 96? History is all you talk about, and the 08 steelers didnt win 5 trophies.They sweeped us. Just barely

stlrtruck
12-19-2008, 10:16 AM
He was a Baltimore Colt. And those trophies are ours because its Baltimore football. So if the steelers moved somewhere else those trophies wouldnt be yours? WHo cares if we only have on trophy, you do know we started in 96? History is all you talk about, and the 08 steelers didnt win 5 trophies.They sweeped us. Just barely

Oh the joys of teaching history to those who don't pay attention the first time around.

Here you go:

1) Unlike the browns, the colts kept their name and their history.
2) It wasn't baltimore football, it wasn't baltimore ratbird football, it was baltimore COLTS football. :thumbsup:
3) You didn't start in 96' - your team moved from another location. The only thing that started in 96' was your pathetic history as the baltimore ratbirds and not the cleveland browns :thumbsup:
4) The PITTSBURGH STEELERS have won 5 Super Bowls, it's STEELERS FOOTBALL. :champs:
5) If the Steelers, this is of course hypothetically, moved out of town and were allowed to keep their name and history ala the Baltimore COLTS, then yes they would have 5 Super Bowls and by chance if a new organization either moved in or was started then they would either carry the new team's old history or begin a new history. And if they did move, I wouldn't want the old stuff, it would be tainted with the injustice of leaving.
6) Number 5 would never happen. You'd have to look at the history of the Rooney family but since you wouldn't understand it, I'll clarify it for you quickly - We don't have an Art Modell as an owner! Also, you'll never have to worry about the Steelers fans not showing up for Steelers games ala the 80's Colts fans in baltimore. The stadium was half empty even after they sold half the tickets to the visiting team's fans! :rofl:
7) A sweep is a sweep is a sweep. I don't care if it's by a point or 30 points. Is it still a W? And isn't that truly all the matters when the clock reads 00:00? I'd feel proud if I were you for thinking that, "Hey, well they only barely swept us!" Really, is that the highlight of your season? That's fandom at it's best :thumbsup:

This should be enough for you to attempt to comprehend the importance of history but I guess when your pathetic team came from another pathetic team, had no history of it's own - I would attempt to steal another team's accomplishments too! :wave:

DWC52
12-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh the joys of teaching history to those who don't pay attention the first time around.

Here you go:

2) It wasn't baltimore football, it wasn't baltimore ratbird football, it was baltimore COLTS football. :thumbsup:
3) You didn't start in 96' - your team moved from another location. The only thing that started in 96' was your pathetic history as the baltimore ratbirds and not the cleveland browns :thumbsup:
4) The PITTSBURGH STEELERS have won 5 Super Bowls, it's STEELERS FOOTBALL. :champs:
5) If the Steelers, this is of course hypothetically, moved out of town and were allowed to keep their name and history ala the Baltimore COLTS, then yes they would have 5 Super Bowls and by chance if a new organization either moved in or was started then they would either carry the new team's old history or begin a new history. And if they did move, I wouldn't want the old stuff, it would be tainted with the injustice of leaving.
6) Number 5 would never happen. You'd have to look at the history of the Rooney family but since you wouldn't understand it, I'll clarify it for you quickly - We don't have an Art Modell as an owner! Also, you'll never have to worry about the Steelers fans not showing up for Steelers games ala the 80's Colts fans in baltimore. The stadium was half empty even after they sold half the tickets to the visiting team's fans! :rofl:
7) A sweep is a sweep is a sweep. I don't care if it's by a point or 30 points. Is it still a W? And isn't that truly all the matters when the clock reads 00:00? I'd feel proud if I were you for thinking that, "Hey, well they only barely swept us!" Really, is that the highlight of your season? That's fandom at it's best :thumbsup:

This should be enough for you to attempt to comprehend the importance of history but I guess when your pathetic team came from another pathetic team, had no history of it's own - I would attempt to steal another team's accomplishments too! :wave:

LOL. No identity? Copying? Are you just mad that in the last 8 years we've been a more consistent D? I mean atleast give respect where its due, I respect how the Steelers play, or i wouldnt be here. I mean yes I took some wrong things in the rant personally, A lot of steelers fans are very hypocritical. And regardless of the organization, the Colts played right on 33rd st in Memorial stadium, regardless of what happened it happened in Baltimore. And you dont know much of Baltimore history and tradition so dont speak on it like you do. And you're right, a sweep is a sweep, but don't try to act like it was easy to do, it was probably the highlight of YOUR season with how we swept you in 06 so badly. All that means is see you at Heinz field if we both make it.

lilyoder6
12-19-2008, 12:14 PM
i doubt that sweeping the ravens this season is our highlight of the season... going possibly 13-3 or 12-4 is our highlight after having THE hardest sch

stlrtruck
12-19-2008, 03:07 PM
LOL. No identity? Copying? Are you just mad that in the last 8 years we've been a more consistent D? I mean atleast give respect where its due, I respect how the Steelers play, or i wouldnt be here. I mean yes I took some wrong things in the rant personally, A lot of steelers fans are very hypocritical. And regardless of the organization, the Colts played right on 33rd st in Memorial stadium, regardless of what happened it happened in Baltimore. And you dont know much of Baltimore history and tradition so dont speak on it like you do. And you're right, a sweep is a sweep, but don't try to act like it was easy to do, it was probably the highlight of YOUR season with how we swept you in 06 so badly. All that means is see you at Heinz field if we both make it.

More consistent? Ok, if you think so skippy! I've always maintained a level of respect for the ratbirds defense - just not their thug players and most of their fans.

As for me not knowing much about the history and tradition of baltimore, you should know the person you're speaking to before you assume such things. Grew up down the road from baltimore and I'm very familiar with it's sports history and traditions - which is exactly why what ever history and tradition the Colts had in Baltimore went with them to Indianapolis!!! While you may want to dream or desire such tradition and history was maintained when the clowns moved to town, it is impossible that the history can carry through two franchises. Why is it so hard for ratbird fans to let go of the Colts history, their success? It doesn't belong in baltimore or to the ratbirds!

Maybe next time I come to town we can talk about all that Colts history at Hammer Jacks! Oh wait, they destroyed that place to create the hole of a stadium the ratbirds play in!

And I never said it was easy but it's still a sweep.

And BTW, we've already made it to Heinz Field! But thanks for playing!

TerribleSteelyMcBeam
12-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I live outside Baltimore, and the city isnt that bad lol.

But profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter the ravens and their god awful fans.

I went to the game plastered from head to toe in steelers gear, and when i left i felt so proud it was amazing. It was one of the best feelings walking out of there with a W. No more ratbird fans jabbering at me saying how they were gonna blow us out and break bens neck. I didnt say much as i left, but there was one drunken ratbird fan who came up yelling profanities at me to which i responded by lifting up my jersey and showing a t shirt with 5 superbowl rings and the quote "time for one for the toe"

DWC52
12-19-2008, 05:05 PM
More consistent? Ok, if you think so skippy! I've always maintained a level of respect for the ratbirds defense - just not their thug players and most of their fans.

As for me not knowing much about the history and tradition of baltimore, you should know the person you're speaking to before you assume such things. Grew up down the road from baltimore and I'm very familiar with it's sports history and traditions - which is exactly why what ever history and tradition the Colts had in Baltimore went with them to Indianapolis!!! While you may want to dream or desire such tradition and history was maintained when the clowns moved to town, it is impossible that the history can carry through two franchises. Why is it so hard for ratbird fans to let go of the Colts history, their success? It doesn't belong in baltimore or to the ratbirds!

Maybe next time I come to town we can talk about all that Colts history at Hammer Jacks! Oh wait, they destroyed that place to create the hole of a stadium the ratbirds play in!

And I never said it was easy but it's still a sweep.

And BTW, we've already made it to Heinz Field! But thanks for playing!

Lol, to both of the posts, yes,we do have tradition and it can carry through another franchise, because we're the same football city. No, we arent trying to take yours, we dont want yours, like we didnt want the redskins. You act like the steelers is the only team that has tradition and identity rotfl. we've always had a good defense and thats not players trying to live up to the tradition? You can call our players thugs or w/e all you want but they just play baltimore defense, and its not the same as steeler defense, we just play the game how its supposed to be, how it was before. go downtown on friday and see atleast half the people in purple and tell me we arent a football town Go Ravens :laughing:

Steelers & I
12-19-2008, 05:28 PM

That 06 season series was BAD! I knew after the first game with the Ravens that the Steelers had no freaking shot at beating them the second go round. So I'll give you that much respect, our 2 games with the Ravens this year could have went either way, unlike the 06 season.

Some Steelers fans can say what they want but I know what's up in my Steelers community, we don't want to play your damn Ravens again this season. One bad bounce of the ball would probably be the difference between victory and defeat.

SteelCurtain7
12-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Go Raisins!!!!!!! Woohoo!! Ratbirds FTL!!!!!! Double-murdering thug RayRay and Terrell Suggs, street thugs disguised as football players!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!

MaidenIndiana
12-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I live about 40 miles from Indianapolis and as far as I'm concerned, Baltimore can have the Colts back. Raven fans are going to hate watching the Steelers hoist Lombardi number 6 in February. Oh well, that's what happens when your suposedly big, bad defense allows a team to drive 92 yards in the closing minutes of a game.:wave:

DWC52
12-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Go downtown in any city in the world when the Steelers are playing and you'll see the difference. "Green Bay" is a football town. "Dallas" is a football town. "Pittsburgh" is a football town.
Baltimore may be a football town someday, but you ain't there yet.

Don't be hatin'; that's just the way it is.

And AFA you "not copying us", maybe you can explain the 3-4 defense, the black uniforms, and the inordinate focus on Pittsburgh?

Calling Ray and Terrel street thugs is just stupid and in bad taste. Like I said I have nothing but respect for the Steelers. i dont like them too much, but i love watching the Ravens and Steelers play more than anyone, its real football, not copying you. The black uniforms..we're the Ravens..Get it? Our first uniforms were purple and black. We dont always use 3-4. But we have a monster front 7. Like you do, so we use them. And the focus on Pittsburgh is because year in and out, we barely ever sweep eachother while stomping our way through Cincinatti and Cleveland. to make it to the playoffs you usually have to get through the steelers

ben7
12-19-2008, 07:33 PM
That was great

stlrtruck
12-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Lol, to both of the posts, yes,we do have tradition and it can carry through another franchise, because we're the same football city. No, we arent trying to take yours, we dont want yours, like we didnt want the redskins. You act like the steelers is the only team that has tradition and identity rotfl. we've always had a good defense and thats not players trying to live up to the tradition? You can call our players thugs or w/e all you want but they just play baltimore defense, and its not the same as steeler defense, we just play the game how its supposed to be, how it was before. go downtown on friday and see atleast half the people in purple and tell me we arent a football town Go Ravens :laughing:

Oh you're team has an identity and it's thuggary! And that's the attitude of your defensive leaders. There is a difference between playing old school football and thuggary - you know thuggary making bounties because your poor defensive players were getting jacked up by a WR!

As I stated before I respect the ratbirds - on the field.

And again, if you want to try to carry through the Colts history and tradition, then by all means please do your best. But it's useless. Maybe in another 50 years when those who remember that the Colts were in Baltimore die off, maybe - just maybe, you'll be able to pull that off.

And baltimore is not a football town. It wants to be a football town and it's getting close but maybe I only feel that way because I've seen a real football town. One that bleeds football year round, one where it's professional teams all wear the same colors! One where just because the season is over, doesn't mean you hide your colors until training camp!

So as much as you want baltimore to be a football town. It's a far cry from being in the A-league! And there's proof enough in that when the fans didn't support the first franchise there...and as much as I think Tagliabue screwed baltimore out of an expansion team years before the browns moved into town, I beginning to see that maybe he had a good reason for it!

Steelers & I
12-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I want to add this as well, in my neck of the woods, which isn't Pittsburgh or PA for that matter, I don't know ANY Baltimore Ravens fans, not one. I've yet to see even a stranger wearing a Ravens jersey so I'll go out on a limb here and say that the Ravens aren't a very popular NFL franchise.

Sure, they may claim to be a football town on Saturday nights, and on game days but, I don't believe that anyone will EVER say, unless they're looking for a good laugh, "Ravens nation". :toofunny:

DWC52
12-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I want to add this as well, in my neck of the woods, which isn't Pittsburgh or PA for that matter, I don't know ANY Baltimore Ravens fans, not one. I've yet to see even a stranger wearing a Ravens jersey so I'll go out on a limb here and say that the Ravens aren't a very popular NFL franchise.

Sure, they may claim to be a football town on Saturday nights, and on game days but, I don't believe that anyone will EVER say, unless they're looking for a good laugh, "Ravens nation". :toofunny:

Lol. you two say all this not really knowing anything about Baltimore :doh: Make a valid point, yea, not EVERYONE is a Ravens fan in a 3.1 million population melting pot of an area. You're prejudice for calling our team thugs because of one player and one situation, this is why there is so much hate, fans like you "the Ravens arent a very popular NFL franchise" LOL! Like you would know, i hope we make it to Heinz and knock you off your high horse like we've done 3 out of the last 6 times

Steelers & I
12-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Lol. you two say all this not really knowing anything about Baltimore :doh: Make a valid point, yea, not EVERYONE is a Ravens fan in a 3.1 million population melting pot of an area. You're prejudice for calling our team thugs because of one player and one situation, this is why there is so much hate, fans like you "the Ravens arent a very popular NFL franchise" LOL! Like you would know, i hope we make it to Heinz and knock you off your high horse like we've done 3 out of the last 6 times

I tried to be cool with you dude but EFF THAT! You hate fans like me?? I'm prejudice???? WHAT?? Where in the hell did I call your team members thugs??
You better go back and proof read. I tried to be a voice of reason in my postings. And for the record, there aren't any Ravens fans in my area, PERIOD!
$crew you, you race card using phony.

stlrtruck
12-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Again you're presuming a lot when you say I don't know anything about baltimore. I know enough about baltimore, spent enough in and around baltimore and it's so called beloved sports to know about baltimore and their fickle fans.

And me calling your team thugs isn't about one player and one situation. It's the very lot of them making bounties, telling fans to beat visiting fans up in the bathroom, etc., and yes it all started with Stab-it Ray in Atlanta! Thugs need their friends to help them get revenge and that's exactly the mentality of players like Ray Lewis, and Bart Scott. So when they can man up and play the game between the lines and act professional - then, and only then will I no longer refer to them as thugs! But they've brought this image upon themselves and they've embraced it!

I would definitely know that the ratbirds aren't a popular football team. While they have their fanbase in and around baltimore, that's about as far as it goes. It's not like Steelers, Packers, Redskins, and Bears - just to name a few! These fanbases a more than just in the area in which the team plays but I guess someone who is only looking within their own back yard, they wouldn't understand that premise.

And while I'm not much for playing a team a third time, especially after sweeping them, bring the ratbirds to pittsburgh. But first, you might want to concern yourself with one little problem as of right now - baltimore isn't in the playoffs just yet!

And while reviewing the current playoff situation, any first round opponent definitely isn't a threat to the ratbirds - they also can't look past a denver or jets team. Who knows maybe you'll have to travel to miami to face the dolphins again. Now that might just be worth a 4 hour trip to Miami.

stlrtruck
12-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I tried to be cool with you dude but EFF THAT! You hate fans like me?? I'm prejudice???? WHAT?? Where in the hell did I call your team members thugs??
You better go back and proof read. I tried to be a voice of reason in my postings. And for the record, there aren't any Ravens fans in my area, PERIOD!
$crew you, you race card using phony.

No, he's talking about me calling them thugs. And I think a few other fans have called them thugs too.

But your post brings some light to the subject. He hates the fans, I hate the team. Big difference!

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 02:17 PM

i went to a bar recently in my town and it was the weekend of the Steeler/Ravens game. i seen a coupld of tow left over chunks of foreskin sitting down the bar from me wearing Ravens jerseys. next to them was a Steeler fan and they had their backs turned to him. i thought to myself, "what a bunch of a-holes. they show up in a Western PA bar wearing a jersey of the opposing team and they don't have the deceny to acknowledge the fact that there is a Steeler fan right beside them."

i walked up to the Steeler fan and started talking to him about a game and i bought him a drink -- a Flamin' Dr. Pepper -- and i said "Cheers to the Steelers...and their TRUE fans!" the Ravens fans looked disgusted. i said, "you should be ashamed of yourselves and if you're not...get the f*ck out of this bar!" they left shortly after that. we applauded them on the way out. =)

the point of this story is...the Ravens fan are sparse around here...but they are around here nevertheless. the truth is, the deserve to be if they want to be...but they can't be disrespectful jerkoffs and act like their shit don't stink. there is no such thing as "Raven's Nation." it's just a bunch of dicks walking around in opposing teams bars trying to start shit up and get their asses kicked. i can see through that bs and it's tiring.

DWC52
12-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, there is that... :toofunny:

I'll add to that: Out here in Cedar Rapids Iowa we're wedged in between 3 major market teams, all of 'em NFC. There is exactly 1 out-of-market bar in this town:
C0cktails & Co. Steeler bar. (stupid profanity filter) There's a Steeler bar everywhere you go. I bet there's at least one in Baltimore.

There may be a Ravens fan or two out this way, but if so I've never seen 'em.

Anyone else ever seen a "Ravens bar" outside of Maryland?

Heck, for that matter... where's the Ravens Fever forum?

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/

steelers bar in baltimore lol. and our fans are all over the area and we have a fan base growing with fans from everywhere, even in PA. Mind you the franchise is younger than me, i never said we had the steelers fan base at all.

DWC52
12-20-2008, 05:27 PM
No, I don't mean the official forum financed by the organization. I mean fan-driven forums like this one, Steeleradd1cts, Steelersforum, Steelernation, Steelergridiorn, and all the others that exist so that the worldwide fanbase can discuss the Ravens over the course of the week.

Haha.. how silly of me. According to Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Club of Maryland (http://home.comcast.net/~edinmb/psfcob.html) there's six of 'em. :hatsoff:

So quit trying to tell us that Baltimore is a "football town". Not saying it won't be someday.

Whats the need for a fan driven one with a perfectly fine official forum that gives free tickets to home games? And wow, theres a steelers fan club in maryland, theres a lot of fans in western MD. and? Theres a Ravens fan base in York PA too.and if we werent a football town the Ravens wouldnt be the most watched thing on TV year in and out.well, lets say a football city, we have a bigger population than most football towns

43Hitman
12-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, there is that... :toofunny:

I'll add to that: Out here in Cedar Rapids Iowa we're wedged in between 3 major market teams, all of 'em NFC. There is exactly 1 out-of-market bar in this town:
C0cktails & Co. Steeler bar. (stupid profanity filter) There's a Steeler bar everywhere you go. I bet there's at least one in Baltimore.

There may be a Ravens fan or two out this way, but if so I've never seen 'em.

Anyone else ever seen a "Ravens bar" outside of Maryland?

Heck, for that matter... where's the Ravens Fever forum?

Small world bro. I was born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My 2 brothers, 2 uncles, and grandmother still live there. I miss it terribly, and if work was more plentiful there I would go back in a second.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
On the NFL channel pre game Dallas/RatBirds Ray Ray was just interviewed by Sapp and he is still crying about that call. That wasn't a touchdown.....the ball didn't break the plane of the goal line..... :crying01::crying01:

Hey Ray Ray wasn't it YOUR defense that allowed that 92 yard drive.....:rofl:

ENOUGH ALREADY

43Hitman
12-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey Stabbit, meow meow kitty kitty!

stlrtruck
12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/

steelers bar in baltimore lol. and our fans are all over the area and we have a fan base growing with fans from everywhere, even in PA. Mind you the franchise is younger than me, i never said we had the steelers fan base at all.

There's the Purple Goose down off Washington St. - just a few blocks away from the stadium! HA HA HA HA HA! :rofl: :tt03:

We are STEELERS NATION!!!!

Edman
12-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Too bad, Ray. That teeny milligram of respect I had for you is gone. Pift.

Bitter, bitter Ratbirds angry they got swept.

Edman
12-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Like you would know, i hope we make it to Heinz and knock you off your high horse like we've done 3 out of the last 6 times

The feeling is mutual. I hope the Ratbirds make the playoffs and come to Pittsburgh, so they can give up long touchdown drives and lose again. We beat the Browns three times in one season TWICE, and we can do it again to your bastard franchise. That is, if you get there, which I doubt.

SteelCurtain7
12-21-2008, 01:08 AM
I remember back in '99, the Titans and Jags fought each other thrice as well. The Titans swept em...so it can be done. :cool:

RatbirdFan
12-21-2008, 07:30 AM
This is one thread all intelligent football fans can be proud of... :rolleyes:

stlrtruck
12-21-2008, 07:42 AM
I remember back in '99, the Titans and Jags fought each other thrice as well. The Titans swept em...so it can be done. :cool:

We've done it before against other opponents, so I know it can be done and regardless of who we have to go through, I have confidence the Steelers can do it.

If I had my choices, I'd rather not play a team a third time. I've never liked it, probably never will.

DWC52
12-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Too bad, Ray. That teeny milligram of respect I had for you is gone. Pift.

Bitter, bitter Ratbirds angry they got swept.

Nah we're doing pretty good lol :D im more pissed about that 3rd and 1 but we have to suck it up and win our last game

Steelers & I
12-21-2008, 10:36 PM
If the Steelers DO happen to meet the Ravens in the playoffs, it wouldn't occur until the AFC Championship game. If the Ravens make the playoffs, they'll be the 6 seed. If they are lucky enough to win their wild card game, they'll next have to travel to Tennessee for the divisional round.

MDSteel15
12-21-2008, 10:56 PM
One point. Steeler fans at Ravens games.

Have you been to a Steelers game in Balitmore recently?

I have had season tickets at M&T since 2001, and went to most games before that.
The Steelers fans represent better than any team at any stadium at any time in the league. They truly are Americas team if you look at how many fans come out to watch 'away' games. Fedex just recently was overwhelmed by Steeler fans for the Redskins game.

It was the same thing in Baltimore up until about 2002, then a steady decline. Every season I started seeing less and less Steeler fans in the stadium. Then in 2004, it really changed, more Steeler fans than most visiting teams, but a lot less, almost neglible. From 2006 until now, there are no more Steeler fans in the stadium than most East Coast teams. I think I saw more Giants fans than Steelers fans a couple years back. Might be the only stadium Steeler fans don't take over.

Hence; the Rivaly thickens and has become hard as stone. And one of the best, if not THE best rivalry in the game. This rivalry has made it such that Steeler fans just don't get away with completely taking over a stadium. Fun stuff. Blood and Soul.

Not true last year! Mickey from 98 Rock did nothing but cry about the fact that there seemed to be 40% Steeler fans at the game.... Boo Hoo! Support your team whether they win or lose azz munchers and you wouldn't have that problem! Just like the Orioles, Baltimorons only support teams when they are winning because most of the people there are losers..... AND I LIVE IN THIS FREAKING STATE!!! Love my state but hate Baltimore.

MDSteel15
12-21-2008, 11:06 PM

Here you go:

Scott, thanks for this because I was just about to type in the same stuff! LOL

The Browns "left" their NFL trophies in Clveland with the namebecause the city of Baltimore didn't want them! The idiots that snuck out in the middle of the night from B-more took there's with them because they are trash. So like my good friend here has educated you, the Ratturds have 1 and only 1 for probably the next 20 years..... Good luck

NOT

MDSteel15
12-21-2008, 11:10 PM
No, he's talking about me calling them thugs. And I think a few other fans have called them thugs too.

But your post brings some light to the subject. He hates the fans, I hate the team. Big difference!

Brother if you still lived here, believe me, you would hate the fans as well!!! Every time you go to the games in Bmore, they act like asses.... Win or lose