PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most the Steelers have been national?

blue2noise
12-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Im a Steelers fan from New York and I don't think I have ever seen them get national coverage this much in all the time I have had Sunday ticket. I think I have watched them on Sunday ticket maybe 5 times all year. It seems like they are either on the locals here or Mon/Thu/Sun night more than any other time in all these years. Today will be the third consecutive game they are on locally in New York.

I wonder if the high level schedule has something to do with it. Maybe they just know of our awesomeness ;)

stillers4me
12-14-2008, 07:29 AM
I think there has only been one game not televised here in Cinci this year, and that only because there was Bengals game at the same time. That's unheard of in this town. One time a few years ago, they blocked a Steelers game and showed an Jack Lalane juicer infomercial. From then on, we've always gone to the bar to watch the games on Sunday. Monday nights are a safe bet for home viewing. We got lucky this time on Thursday night. We played Cinci and it was on locally.

Steelers & I
12-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I've only had to use my NFL Sunday Ticket twice this year to catch the Steeelers game. I kind of feel like DirecTV's SUCKER! Oh well, I'll continue to pay a few hundred dollars each season even if it's just to watch 2 Steelers games that I otherwise would have missed. :tt02::applaudit:

ben7
12-14-2008, 08:17 AM
I have been able to watch every Steelers game this year on my digital cable package here in Toronto.

LetsRock
12-14-2008, 08:27 AM
I did not get the ticket this year once I saw the schedule come out. I knew the Steelers would probably be on TV every week. I think only two games were NOT on TV here in Northern VA.

eafratitpm3
12-14-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm not so lucky being out here in Colorado, here it is the biggest game of the year and their televising the Donkeys. Luckily I have the website to watch the game live anyway. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blue2noise
12-14-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm not so lucky being out here in Colorado, here it is the biggest game of the year and their televising the Donkeys. Luckily I have the website to watch the game live anyway. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My biggest fear is if the Jet game goes late then they wont cut to the Steelers until its over AND they run the post game show AND they show 3,000 commercials.

Long Island Steel
12-14-2008, 10:27 AM
This is definitely the most that they've been on TV in NY....it's not an indication of a rise in Steelers awareness as much as it's a year where the Giants are in Prime Time often and the Jets have been as well...leaving the local networks to pick up alternative games. By my count there have been only 3 Steelers games not broadcast locally this season which is unreal.

hindes204
12-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I am in NorCal and have only had to go to the bar 3 times to watch the game....but today its not on locally, the damn oakland game is, so im off to the bar

PolamaluPower
12-14-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm in Maryland and there were a few games not locally televised. I'd say 3-5 weren't.

PisnNapalm
12-14-2008, 11:19 AM
I've been able to see most of the Steelers games this year. I live near Philly. We've had some great matchups.

Mikee
12-14-2008, 12:02 PM
I've only had to use my NFL Sunday Ticket twice this year to catch the Steeelers game. I kind of feel like DirecTV's SUCKER! Oh well, I'll continue to pay a few hundred dollars each season even if it's just to watch 2 Steelers games that I otherwise would have missed. :tt02::applaudit:

Same here!