PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Today

Crow-Magnon
12-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Unless it's a blow-out (unlikely), this is probably going to be the Game of the Season for 2008 in the NFL. It's got it all: rivalry, great defense, good QB's and a division title on the line.

Don't get me wrong. I hope the Steelers lose. But I wish them well as as far as a great game is concerned. And if they enter M&T Bank 0-5 for their last five games and pull out a victory, well then, they deserve it.

One hour and change and counting!

The Duke
12-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Classy post Crow-Magnon :drink:

Let's all hope for an injury-free game. Yet with lots of hard hits :tt02:

hope we have you here in SF regardless of the outcome. It's always nice to have opposing team fans here

HometownGal
12-14-2008, 03:40 PM
It's got it all: rivalry, great defense, good QB's and a division title on the line.

Well, Crow - three outta four aint bad. :wink02::flap: There will be one good QB playing and his surname isn't Flacco. :tt02:

Thanks for being so classy and here's to an injury free game! :drink:

Texasteel
12-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope for 2 things in this game. That there is no injuries to either team, and that you don't enjoy the game at all. See you at half time.

LetsRock
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
The Titans are choking. We have a shot at the #1 seed if we can win out.

Edman
12-14-2008, 07:02 PM
That is, if we win today, which last time I checked, was not looking good either.

The Steelers have their work cut out for them. Big time.

Preacher
12-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Unless it's a blow-out (unlikely), this is probably going to be the Game of the Season for 2008 in the NFL. It's got it all: rivalry, great defense, good QB's and a division title on the line.

Don't get me wrong. I hope the Steelers lose. But I wish them well as as far as a great game is concerned. And if they enter M&T Bank 0-5 for their last five games and pull out a victory, well then, they deserve it.

One hour and change and counting!

Well, you were right in it being a great game. Great Defense, what a game.

I REALLY hope you all get knocked out of the playoffs, because the Ravens are going to be SCARY in the playoffs.

Edman
12-14-2008, 07:38 PM
The Ravens will be the dark horse in the playoffs. They lived up to the hype today.

The Duke
12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Great game by your ravens Crog Magnon

Again, hope we have you here again

steelpride12
12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Ravens at home will be scary in the Playoffs. See you then.

Preacher
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Ravens at home will be scary in the Playoffs. See you then.

Thank goodness we won't see them there... and they probably will NOT be at home period... if they do make it into the playoffs.

Penn St Steelers
12-14-2008, 07:44 PM
awesome game and just thankful for a late victory........1 good thing though, alot of teams would have to take a dump for the Ravens too get a home playoff game...and at most only 1....so if they get in (which they will need some help now) they will be a scary team.....as Ravens fan you all have alot to look forward to in the future....

Hapa
12-14-2008, 08:09 PM
You're a cool dude, you just need to change your avatar. That won't fly here :D

Crow-Magnon
12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
I do not think I have ever been as sick to my stomach after a loss as I have with this one. Even losing to the Colts in the playoffs wasn't this exhausting.

But what a defensive game. Both D's were unrelenting until that last Steelers drive. I have to hand it to Big Ben and the O-line. They got the job done when it counted.

I hope to see you guys in the post-season. I think the Ravens chances just went down a whole bunch, but truth be told, with a rookie coach and QB, no one expected Baltimore to have been playing for a shot at a division title in Week 15. It's been a great season no matter what.

Good luck from here on out. From what the Titans showed me today, and depending on how bad Haynesworth was injured, you guys have a legitimate shot at the #1 seed. You may just win it all.

Damn you!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Crow-Magnon
12-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Man what r u talking about. I gotta admit, the Ravens are far too good to miss the playoffs this year. I get a funny feeling theres gonna be a round 3 :wink02:

I look at it like this. The Colts are 10-4, and now the Ravens, Dolphins and Patriots are 9-5. I'm willing to bet that the Pats win out. I now have a bad feeling that, after this loss, going to Dallas on a short week and beating them in their last game at Texas Stadium may be a tough sell.

hindes204
12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Crow-Magnon----you are a class act, ive enjoyed your posts here the last week....wow, what a hell of a game

43Hitman
12-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I do not think I have ever been as sick to my stomach after a loss as I have with this one. Even losing to the Colts in the playoffs wasn't this exhausting.

But what a defensive game. Both D's were unrelenting until that last Steelers drive. I have to hand it to Big Ben and the O-line. They got the job done when it counted.

I hope to see you guys in the post-season. I think the Ravens chances just went down a whole bunch, but truth be told, with a rookie coach and QB, no one expected Baltimore to have been playing for a shot at a division title in Week 15. It's been a great season no matter what.

Good luck from here on out. From what the Titans showed me today, and depending on how bad Haynesworth was injured, you guys have a legitimate shot at the #1 seed. You may just win it all.

What a classy post. Dude you are okay in my book. As far as I am concerned I hope to all that is holy that we don't see you guys again in the playoffs. Even if it is in our house. This Ravens team is going to tough to beat for years to come. Flacco is one helluva QB and earned his stripes today for sure. Great game today man. And please come back and give us your insight cause it is welcome here.:thumbsup:

Crow-Magnon
12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm leaving now to down three beers, two Valiums and a Vicodin.

43Hitman
12-14-2008, 09:03 PM

lol, good night. :wave:

Crow-Magnon
12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
lol, good night. :wave:

Huh? Whasshat? Shtillers won? We los'? Where am I?

scsteeler
12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, you were right in it being a great game. Great Defense, what a game.

I REALLY hope you all get knocked out of the playoffs, because the Ravens are going to be SCARY in the playoffs.

Yes I want the Ravens to lose to Dallas because I really don't want to have to play them a 3rd time to make it to the Superbowl. This Raven team is tough to beat and they have a good defense like the Steelers.

stlrtruck
12-14-2008, 09:41 PM

It was a great defensive game and I'm glad to see no one got seriously injured (at least as far as I know)

Also thankful that the Steelers eeked it out again.

Preacher
12-14-2008, 09:44 PM

Dude, I didn't know you were a Pats fan... oh wait, you're not taking any oxycontin!

:chuckle:

HometownGal
12-14-2008, 10:47 PM

This game wasn't a battle - it was a war and I have to give credit where credit is due. Your Rats fought hard and came very close to toppling us and played a wow of a game. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Flacco played damned well for a rookie QB against the NFL's #1 D - I give the guy huge props! The Rats are going to be a force to be reckoned with in years to come - no doubt about it! :drink:

I've loved having you around and hope you stick around and continue to post! :hug:

Preacher
12-14-2008, 11:08 PM
This game wasn't a battle - it was a war and I have to give credit where credit is due. Your Rats fought hard and came very close to toppling us and played a wow of a game. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Flacco played damned well for a rookie QB against the NFL's #1 D - I give the guy huge props! The Rats are going to be a force to be reckoned with in years to come - no doubt about it! :drink:

I've loved having you around and hope you stick around and continue to post! :hug:

I hope Crow- sticks around. I don't hope his rats stick around though!! :wink02:

Crow-Magnon
12-15-2008, 08:09 AM
I hope Crow- sticks around. I don't hope his rats stick around though!! :wink02:

I can only answer for me. The Ravens will have to answer for themselves. But after watching the 'Boys take down the Giants, I'm not hopeful.

Thanks for the kind words. Like I said ealier, I'm a fan of the game and I like to talk football with knowledgeable folks. It's fine to be a homer, but it should never get in the way of what's right and what's wrong.

Like I said, bogus call or not, the Ravens lost because they allowed the Steelers to drive 92 yards playing Prevent D at the end of the game, and one NEVER gives Ben the chance to do that. They should have blitzed, blitzed, blitzed but they let him throw and gave Ward room to get open.

That is what lost them the game. Hopefully Harbaugh learns from that mistake. Especially before Saturday night. Two wins and the Ravens are in. One loss and I pretty much guarantee they miss the post-season.

And I would love to come back here in a few weeks and discuss another rematch between Baltimore and Pittsburgh! :wave:

BritishSteel
12-15-2008, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about the Cowgirls - yesterday was their superbowl - without that win, they were done as a realistic superbowl contender, so I think they put as much in as the Ravens did. From our game with the 'Girls, you need to be going at Romo all day, you do that, he'll give you the turnovers. I got a sneaking suspicion the Ravens win in Texas Stadium Saturday Night.

Crow-Magnon
12-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about the Cowgirls - yesterday was their superbowl - without that win, they were done as a realistic superbowl contender, so I think they put as much in as the Ravens did. From our game with the 'Girls, you need to be going at Romo all day, you do that, he'll give you the turnovers. I got a sneaking suspicion the Ravens win in Texas Stadium Saturday Night.

I hope so. I know the Jags, not looking at the W-L column, will play hard. They always play the Ravens hard, ever since the "old" AFC Central days.

I think the Ravens D can rattle Romo a lot more then they did Ben. And I'd love to see T.O. get stuffed.

markymarc
12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
That was another great football game. We continue to win games and our offense made plays when they had to against another great defense.

RatbirdFan
12-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Props to the Steelers from another Ravens fan. Regardless of the calls, the D has to step up with under 4 minutes and 92 yards to go. Ben deserves the positive press he's getting today.

There's a sneaking suspicion here that this rivalry isn't over yet this year...

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the kind words. Like I said ealier, I'm a fan of the game and I like to talk football with knowledgeable folks. It's fine to be a homer, but it should never get in the way of what's right and what's wrong.
And I would love to come back here in a few weeks and discuss another rematch between Baltimore and Pittsburgh! :wave:

Possibly my favorite line ever posted on this board :applaudit: (except for KUUUUHHN!! and "lather-rinse-repeat").

Classy week of posting and hope we dont see you in the playoffs. I cant take 3 of those slugfests in one season.

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Props to the Steelers from another Ravens fan. Regardless of the calls, the D has to step up with under 4 minutes and 92 yards to go. Ben deserves the positive press he's getting today.

There's a sneaking suspicion here that this rivalry isn't over yet this year...

Thanks for the classy post, RatbirdFan. :drink: Your guys played one helluva game yesterday.

I'd rather not have to play the Rats for the 3rd game this season, but if that matchup comes to life in the playoffs, so be it. We'll be ready for ya. :tt02: