PDA

View Full Version : man throws pair of shoes at Prez Bush

tony hipchest
12-14-2008, 03:29 PM
anyone see this yet? the iraqi journalist had one hell of an arm and was sighted in to stick the president right between the eyes.

even more impressive was the presidents moves. he bobbed and weaved like a boxer and both throws just barely missed their target.

good job george! i woulda never guessed he had such cat like reflexes. it should be on youtube soon. :mg:

Godfather
12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Maybe the Pirates can sign that dude. He has a far better arm than anyone we have right now.

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Actually, this incident shows progress.

How?

Well normally, in the Mid East, had this happened in Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Mr Shoe Thrower would have been brought outside and shot and killed. In the old Saddam days, his entire family would have been killed.

Here we see, what happens in a free society when people are given the right to protest and disagree with issues. Guy gets up and throws shoes.

Good stuff.

tony hipchest
12-14-2008, 09:45 PM
progress aside, im still thinking this guy should be taken outside and be shot.

whether i like him or not, this is MY president, and nobody threatens him w/o facing consequences.

being that he's not wormfood, i do agree that the pirates should look into signing him.

oh, and prez bush got more moves than oscar de la hoya. thats saying alot at this point in their respective careers...

Preacher
12-14-2008, 09:49 PM
progress aside, im still thinking this guy should be taken outside and be shot.

whether i like him or not, this is MY president, and nobody threatens him w/o facing consequences.

being that he's not wormfood, i do agree that the pirates should look into signing him.

oh, and prez bush got more moves than oscar de la hoya. thats saying alot at this point in their respective careers...

:chuckle:

Oh yeah, and for the highlighted... :thumbsup:

It was the same thing I felt when an assasination attempt was made, or found out concerning BUsh 41. When Clinton found out (it happened during Clinton's presidency), he put missiles into iraq and was quoted, "You do not attempt to assasinate a former president of this nation!"

There are very few things I am proud of Clinton for.

but that?

Hey President Clinton::hatsoff:

JPPT1974
12-14-2008, 10:15 PM
At least Bush wasn't hurt and nobody got hurt.
He was a good sport about it afterwards!

The Patriot
12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
:applaudit: Bush, I've just gained so much respect for you. Totally unfazed!

The secret service really laid an egg on that one. If those had been shoebombs, Bush would be dead.

Borski
12-14-2008, 10:33 PM
9uIj0YvDBKE

Wow, nice moves.

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2008, 10:36 PM
:applaudit: Bush, I've just gained so much respect for you. Totally unfazed!

The secret service really laid an egg on that one. If those had been shoebombs, Bush would be dead.

I'm guessing that everyone in the room was searched. The Shoe thing is a huge insult in the mid east. When they tore down Sadam's statue, people were pelting it with shoes, that was a huge insult. So the only way the guy could have hurt Bush is if the shoe did in fact hit him in the face.

Bush ducked and smiled and handled it as well as he could have.

ShutDown24
12-14-2008, 10:44 PM
It looks like Bush is holding back a laugh to be honest lol. Scary moment, big whiff by the persons assigned to protecting him... But overall, I kind of think this is a funny, light way for President Bush to kind of go out with. Whatever your opinion of the man and his actions as president, I really don't think anyone can question that he cares about his country. We are all human and everyone makes mistakes; But at least, as with most other presidents in the past, we can all agree on the fact that our president has worked hard to keep our country running smoothly - and has done his best to be a good leader. I'm sure at the end of Barack Obama's term(s), we will be able to say the same thing about him.

And yeah, President Bush just displayed more moves than Reggie Bush has since entering the NFL :flap:

The Patriot
12-14-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm guessing that everyone in the room was searched. The Shoe thing is a huge insult in the mid east. When they tore down Sadam's statue, people were pelting it with shoes, that was a huge insult. So the only way the guy could have hurt Bush is if the shoe did in fact hit him in the face.

Bush ducked and smiled and handled it as well as he could have.

I hate it when you throw your shoes at somebody and miss, it's the worst feeling. Oh well, I hope he enjoys his extended free trip to beautiful sunny Guantanamo Bay!

ShutDown24
12-14-2008, 10:50 PM
I hate it when you throw your shoes at somebody and miss, it's the worst feeling. Oh well, I hope he enjoys his extended free trip to beautiful sunny Guantanamo Bay!

It's got to be the worst when there is a camera there to catch it. Eternal shame haha. I'm sure a Patriot fan would know a lot about ever-present cameras, huh? :flap:

The Patriot
12-14-2008, 11:06 PM
It's got to be the worst when there is a camera there to catch it. Eternal shame haha. I'm sure a Patriot fan would know a lot about ever-present cameras, huh? :flap:

Ehhh, I'll give you a gold star for creativity.

tony hipchest
12-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I

And yeah, President Bush just displayed more moves than Reggie Bush has since entering the NFL :flap:

:chuckle: nice!

ShutDown24
12-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Ehhh, I'll give you a gold star for creativity.

Haha you know it's just a joke, my opinion on the whole "spygate" thing is pretty light. I honestly hate talking about that at all, but come on - I had to take that shot :flap:

SteelersMongol
12-15-2008, 01:05 AM
that was 1 pissed off Iraqi journalist. & u don't want him as a Pirates' player cuz 1 of his shots were way off. but i'm impressed with Mr. Bush's moves.

revefsreleets
12-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Second best move of the day. The first was when Ben spun around and made Killuh Ray miss yesterday...

touchdownward
12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Bush must have seen my moves the last time I complained about the Little Lady's blueberry muffins. :chuckle:

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Way to move and groove there W! :dancing:

Ishkabibbles have dirty feet - hope W didn't catch some airborne fungus. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I think I saw that movie

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x89/edwardbayntun/gifs/bush-shoe-three-stooges.gif

SteelCurtain7
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
I finally saw that video on O'Reilly last night. Man, W has some funky-fresh dance moves, fo sho!!!!!! :D

SteelCurtain7
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM
I think I saw that movie

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x89/edwardbayntun/gifs/bush-shoe-three-stooges.gif

NYUK NYUK NYUK WOOB WOOB WOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt02:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Kind of scary that he got a free shot like that, let alone had the time to throw the second one before Secret Service got him. I have a feeling a few people are going to get fired.

SteelersMongol
12-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Silly part is that the "shoe-thrower" could be killed by some other Iraqis because of his religious differences, no matter what he did to the US President.

steelwall
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
President Bush = Neo on the Matrix?

steelwall
12-17-2008, 11:03 PM
I'll continue the movie theme. The first dodge was awesomeMatrix-esq. The second was allmost like the movie Braveheart.

"He'll move"

"No I won't"

"Should have remembered the rocks"

"Aye you should've"

revefsreleets
12-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I feel slightly guilty posting this, but, eh, WTF?

http://play.sockandawe.com/

TeeJay
12-20-2008, 06:32 PM
"Who throws a shoe? Honestly, you fight like a girl!" - Austin Powers - And there's the truth.

Can't we just turn the desert into glass? Do everyone a favour!

Show them what terror really means! They can throw as many shoes as they want....we'll just nuke their sorry arse.

O.O....wrong thread.......................................

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2008, 07:05 AM

Bush ducked and smiled and handled it as well as he could have.but there could've been dog poop on his shoes ....:poop::tap: .....