PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Russell killed in auto accident!

clevestinks
12-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Just read the Darrell Russel was killed in an auto accident. What a shame, he had all the talent in the world, but couldn`t beat the drugs.

R.I.P.

Ambridge
12-15-2005, 10:22 PM
I read Russell was the passenger in the vehicle that was going at a high rate of speed.
Bad enough he let drugs ruin his career....I wonder if they contributed to taking his life??

R.I.P.

BB2W
12-15-2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah, this is awful... I heard about it on the radio today. They said the car he was traveling in was speeding when it went off the road and sheared off a fire hydrant then hit a parked bus.

[edit]

OMG!!! They must have been going really fast...

Darrell Russell, a former standout NFL and Southern Cal defensive lineman whose promising career was derailed by drugs, was killed in a high-speed car crash early Thursday. Russell, 29, was a passenger in a car driven by former USC teammate Mike Bastianelli that went out of control about 6 a.m. and hit a curb, tree, newsstand, fire hydrant, light pole, another tree and an unoccupied transit bus, Lt. Paul Vernon said. Both Russell and Bastianelli, 29, were unconscious when firefighters arrived. Russell died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Bastianelli died at UCLA Medical Center.

link-----> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_404512.html

tony hipchest
12-16-2005, 04:48 PM
its a shame but not quite an accident. word is they were street racing. if you read all the stuff they mowed down when they crashed you know they were flying. atleast it was at 6 a.m. and no one else died. they were also reporting the driver was a former nfl player too.

if youre street racing why do you want 650 lbs of nfl beef in the car anyways. spells disaster from the get-go

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2005, 05:16 PM
RIP Russell.

Prosdo
12-16-2005, 06:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.