PDA

View Full Version : Playoff tickets

SteelersHoss
12-14-2008, 07:27 PM
When do playoff tickets go on sale? And how do they sell them? is it on Ticketmaster?

steelpride12
12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Im on the season ticket waiting list so i get a chance in like a week to score divisional and AFC championship tickets for the Steelers starting at $90

SteelCityMan786
12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
When do playoff tickets go on sale? And how do they sell them? is it on Ticketmaster?

Tomorrow, but you have to be on the season ticket waiting list and received an account number from the Steelers Ticket office.

SteelersHoss
12-14-2008, 07:52 PM
So, the general public go not get a chance to buy any tickets?

TailgateMel
12-14-2008, 07:53 PM
correct... get on the waitlist.. it isn't hard to do..

-Mel

SteelersHoss
12-14-2008, 07:55 PM
gotcha, thanks

XxKnightxX
12-14-2008, 07:57 PM
It kinda sucks, I said I was done getting tickets for Steelers games this year, but my Steeler mentality is saying get a damn seat you fool lol

SteelCityMan786
12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
It kinda sucks, I said I was done getting tickets for Steelers games this year, but my Steeler mentality is saying get a damn seat you fool lol

They may have some avaliable via steelers.com's ticketexchange. Thing is, people will charge more for Playoffs then regular season.

XxKnightxX
12-14-2008, 08:01 PM
They may have some avaliable via steelers.com's ticketexchange. Thing is, people will charge more for Playoffs then regular season.

Yeah, thats where the big problem comes in, I can see these tickets quadrupling in face value, and they will sell because I cant see the stadium being sold out on the Playoff game.

T.Richardson
12-14-2008, 08:24 PM
I hate the waiting list.

SteelCityMan786
12-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, thats where the big problem comes in, I can see these tickets quadrupling in face value, and they will sell because I cant see the stadium being sold out on the Playoff game.

They can't do it though. They can't charge more then face value. The only thing that is allowed to jack the price the surcharge that Ticketmaster charges.

TailgateMel
12-15-2008, 09:34 AM
I hate the waiting list.

You hate the waiting list because you are on it & it is taking forever... or you hate that we get first shot at the playoff tickets....

because, really it is not hard to get on the waiting list, all you do is send in a letter... doesn't cost anything... Plus, then you then also get a nice Christmas card from the Steelers every year..

Info direct from the Steelers website on how to get on the waiting list:

Is there a waiting list for season tickets?
Currently there is a waiting list for season tickets. If you would like to be placed on this list please send a written request to: Pittsburgh Steelers, PO Box 6763, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. You will receive written confirmation that your name has been placed on the waiting list.

TailgateMel
12-15-2008, 03:42 PM
I got bleacher seats also... Row GG for the first game, Row B for the AFC Championship..

BUT... I got tix... had to try about a billion times on ticketmaster, but I got 'em!

:tt::tt::tt:

steelpride12
12-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I got nose bleeds for 100$ a piece, but im going to my first playoff game. Atmosphere has to be double amazing!

tyler289
12-15-2008, 05:33 PM
You all make me freakin' jealous. I want to get on the waitling list for next year just to get playoff tickets..I may have to send that letter.

WWIIOwheelz
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
My wife got tickets to the AFC Championship game, if it's here, Steeler side of the field.

Here's hoping!!

:tt03:

(We've been on the waiting list since 1996)

sackmaster56
12-15-2008, 11:11 PM
how long is the waiting list? 10 years?, 15 years? Does anybody know for sure??

XxKnightxX
12-15-2008, 11:15 PM
how long is the waiting list? 10 years?, 15 years? Does anybody know for sure??

about 6 years if im correct

jjpro11
12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
about 6 years if im correct

more like 3 times that long

sackmaster56
12-15-2008, 11:35 PM
6 years would be great but I have heard alot of different answers. I guess heaven can wait. Please tell me if sec 525 row HH are bleacher seats. Are these seats any good. I have them for the 1st play off game. I sat in sec 540 row L for the Cincy game, these seats were not that bad.

ajhorst1
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Does anyone have playoff tickets for sale at a fair price? I am not on the waiting list for season tickets. By the time I mail that in, the seats will be gone. Thanks

fdp
12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Well I'm not on the waiting list and last year I was able to buy playoff tickets on ticketmaster, I think they just sold whatever was left after the season ticket sale, so I'm still hopeful

TailgateMel
12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
6 years would be great but I have heard alot of different answers. I guess heaven can wait. Please tell me if sec 525 row HH are bleacher seats. Are these seats any good. I have them for the 1st play off game. I sat in sec 540 row L for the Cincy game, these seats were not that bad.

yes, 525 are bleacher seats. BRING A SEAT CUSHION.. the bleachers are metal and are very cold on your butt

Mel

gmoney46
12-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Hello all. I got on the wait list this summer and to my suprise I got a letter telling me I have a shoot at playoff tickets. Well I scored 4. I will be traveling from Atlanta.

I have sec. 526 row. Z. I assume they are bleacher sits. I'm I correct?

Thanks for the help. Never been to Heinz field BTW. Can't wait. Also got tickets for sunday at TN. Can't wait. anyone going to that game let me know.. we will be in lot T.

TailgateMel
12-17-2008, 03:43 PM
The upper level "north endzone" is all bleacher seats.. this is sections 518-527

http://www.steelers-ticket.com/images/Steelers-seating.gif

From everything I have read, I am guessing the top row is "LL" in this section

they aren't "terrible"... but can be cold... you do get a great view of the city & the jumbotron & can see the field just fine.

Mel

sackmaster56
12-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to go again. Pittsburghers are awesome!! West Carson street is the place to be for night life. The Steelers org. is good to its fans too.

lilyoder6
12-17-2008, 05:50 PM
i do hope the steelers get home field so there is an extra game at heinz..

WWIIOwheelz
12-17-2008, 05:55 PM
The upper level "north endzone" is all bleacher seats.. this is sections 518-527

http://www.steelers-ticket.com/images/Steelers-seating.gif

From everything I have read, I am guessing the top row is "LL" in this section

they aren't "terrible"... but can be cold... you do get a great view of the city & the jumbotron & can see the field just fine.

Mel

LOL... I'm in section 533 not far at all from LL, so I suppose I'll be a little chilly. It's near the middle of the field, though!! :)

If we make it to the AFC Championship with home field advantage, I won't care at all where I'm sitting. That will be magical for me.

steelerchad
12-30-2008, 06:19 AM
actually LL is the top row. there is about 38 rows in the upper level.

nojobny
12-30-2008, 07:40 AM
because, really it is not hard to get on the waiting list, all you do is send in a letter... doesn't cost anything... Plus, then you then also get a nice Christmas card from the Steelers every year..

Before I got my seats I was on the waiting list and my husband was on the jets list - then the Jets started charging $50 :cash::cash: to be on the list every year.

F that! There was no way we were going to pay to be on the list.

I waited 18 years for my Steelers tickets. Imagine if I had to pay??!

nojobny
12-30-2008, 07:44 AM
533 LL are good seats, I think in that area they go to ZZ . Also LL will be under the roof if it rains.

No, they only go to LL. My seats are in HH & JJ and there's 2 more rows behind me.

They're great seats and you are under the roof but it's a windy day, it gets chilly and you don't get the sun because it will be setting behind you.

Statik
12-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Got my tickets, Section 219 I think.....will be coming up from VA for the game on the 11th.

GO BLACK N GOLD

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 08:47 AM
I hope everyone who is going to the 1st playoff game has a great time - be sure to dress warm. January in Pittsburgh can sometimes be very bitter. :hug:

I much prefer to watch the game from my warm, cozy LR and not have to deal with drunks, boo-birds and potty mouths. I can sit on a nice warm toilet seat without the fear of sitting in someone else's wee wee, grab a cold one from the frig whenever I like and not have to wait in endlessly long lines and cheer my Steelers on in my birthday suit if I so choose! :chuckle::applaudit:

lilyoder6
12-30-2008, 08:52 AM
I hope everyone who is going to the 1st playoff game has a great time - be sure to dress warm. January in Pittsburgh can sometimes be very bitter. :hug:

I much prefer to watch the game from my warm, cozy LR and not have to deal with drunks, boo-birds and potty mouths. I can sit on a nice warm toilet seat without the fear of sitting in someone else's wee wee, grab a cold one from the frig whenever I like and not have to wait in endlessly long lines and cheer my Steelers on in my birthday suit if I so choose! :chuckle::applaudit:

thx for that information.. haha

but the other day it was like 65... i was like wtf??? in december?

TailgateMel
12-30-2008, 09:19 AM

There are some downsides as you mentioned.. BUT..

There is absolutely positively no place else I would rather be at than the game.

Top 10 reasons why to see the game at Heinz Field:

10. The walks up the ramps to the 500 section is good exercise!
9. Twirling your terrible towel indoors isn't nearly as fun.
8. Hi-Fiving & Hugging other Steeler fans you have never ever met in your life before.
7. Nachos with as many jalepenos as you want from the big jug by the ketchup
6. Witnessing the creatvity of other fans Steelers dress & props. (or being creative yourself!)
5. They don't sell game day programs at the 7-11 in Cranberry
4. Being able to witness the introduction of the Steelers rather than watching Chris Collinsworth drivel on.
3. Walking down the ramps going out after a winning game & hearing loud, simultaneous chants of "I've got a feelin' Pittsburghs going the the Superbowl"
2. RENEGADE!
1. Yelling your heart out so much that you lose your voice, but knowing you are HELPING the team!

BehindSteelCurtain
12-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey can someone tell me if section 509 is good seats?

TailgateMel
12-30-2008, 09:55 AM
yes.. awesome seats... about the 30-40 yard line

BehindSteelCurtain
12-30-2008, 10:01 AM
yes.. awesome seats... about the 30-40 yard line

Is it hard to see the game?

TailgateMel
12-30-2008, 10:12 AM
What row are you? Here is a picture of my view from 513 last game.. I was in row B... so nice up front... but you can see I had a great view.

The jumbotron is big, from 509 you will be able to see the plays develop & everything... really good seats IN MY OPINION... its not like watching it on TV where you see things close up, but the Jumbotron shows replays anyways & IMO it is nice to see the whole field all the time.

this picture is a really crappy cell phone pic... real life is much better
http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1885/80/73/1412440922/n1412440922_174473_2966.jpg

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 06:57 PM

TOP 10 REASONS TO WATCH THE GAMES AT HOME: :wink02:

10. The walks up the ramps to the 500 section is good exercise! TRUE, but I can ride the stationary bike while watching the game!

9. Twirling your terrible towel indoors isn't nearly as fun. SURE IT IS! I don't have to worry about getting hit in the side of the face by an ignoramus!

8. Hi-Fiving & Hugging other Steeler fans you have never ever met in your life before. HAVING beer spilled in your hair and on your back by drunks - no thanks! These same Steelers fans that you've hugged and hi-fived will run you over as you're trying to get to your car in the lots.

THERE goes that good exercise walking up the ramps to the 500 level.

6. Witnessing the creatvity of other fans Steelers dress & props. (or being creative yourself!) I guess I have the benefit of living in Pittsburgh so I see it all the time.

I can buy a prime rib dinner for what those programs cost - LOL!

4. Being able to witness the introduction of the Steelers rather than watching Chris Collinsworth drivel on. VERY TRUE.

3. Walking down the ramps going out after a winning game & hearing loud, simultaneous chants of "I've got a feelin' Pittsburghs going the the Superbowl"

I don't miss feeling like a sardine in a can trying to walk down the ramps after a game - not in the least! I also don't miss the post-game traffic!

2. RENEGADE! TRUE!

1. Yelling your heart out so much that you lose your voice, but knowing you are HELPING the team!

I only live about 8 miles from HF, but I yell loud enough that I'm sure the players hear me. And . . . . I'm less likely to end up in the slammer for smackin' the living shit out of the boo-birds! :applaudit:

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2008, 08:11 PM
There are some downsides as you mentioned.. BUT..

There is absolutely positively no place else I would rather be at than the game.

10. The walks up the ramps to the 500 section is good exercise!
9. Twirling your terrible towel indoors isn't nearly as fun.
8. Hi-Fiving & Hugging other Steeler fans you have never ever met in your life before.
6. Witnessing the creatvity of other fans Steelers dress & props. (or being creative yourself!)
4. Being able to witness the introduction of the Steelers rather than watching Chris Collinsworth drivel on.
2. RENEGADE!

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
TOP 10 REASONS TO WATCH THE GAMES AT HOME:

10. The walks up the ramps to the 500 section is good exercise! TRUE, but I can ride the stationary bike while watching the game! You can ride the bike anytime.

9. Twirling your terrible towel indoors isn't nearly as fun. SURE IT IS! I don't have to worry about getting hit in the side of the face by an ignoramus! Never had that happen to me. Big deal if it does. No harm, no foul.

8. Hi-Fiving & Hugging other Steeler fans you have never ever met in your life before. HAVING beer spilled in your hair and on your back by drunks - no thanks! These same Steelers fans that you've hugged and hi-fived will run you over as you're trying to get to your car in the lots. Once again? Never ever had that happen to me.

6. Witnessing the creatvity of other fans Steelers dress & props. (or being creative yourself!) I guess I have the benefit of living in Pittsburgh so I see it all the time.

I can buy a prime rib dinner for what those programs cost - LOL! Really? You show me a restaraunt that sells Prime Rib for $5, and dinner is on me.

4. Being able to witness the introduction of the Steelers rather than watching Chris Collinsworth drivel on. VERY TRUE.

I don't miss feeling like a sardine in a can trying to walk down the ramps after a game - not in the least! I also don't miss the post-game traffic!

2. RENEGADE! TRUE!

I only live about 8 miles from HF, but I yell loud enough that I'm sure the players hear me. And . . . . I'm less likely to end up in the slammer for smackin' the living shit out of the boo-birds Not as many boo birds as you think there is.

HometownGal
12-30-2008, 08:29 PM
TOP 10 REASONS TO WATCH THE GAMES AT HOME:

10. The walks up the ramps to the 500 section is good exercise! TRUE, but I can ride the stationary bike while watching the game! You can ride the bike anytime.

9. Twirling your terrible towel indoors isn't nearly as fun. SURE IT IS! I don't have to worry about getting hit in the side of the face by an ignoramus! Never had that happen to me. Big deal if it does. No harm, no foul.

8. Hi-Fiving & Hugging other Steeler fans you have never ever met in your life before. HAVING beer spilled in your hair and on your back by drunks - no thanks! These same Steelers fans that you've hugged and hi-fived will run you over as you're trying to get to your car in the lots. Once again? Never ever had that happen to me.

I can buy a prime rib dinner for what those programs cost - LOL! Really? You show me a restaraunt that sells Prime Rib for $5, and dinner is on me.

2. RENEGADE! TRUE!

I only live about 8 miles from HF, but I yell loud enough that I'm sure the players hear me. And . . . . I'm less likely to end up in the slammer for smackin' the living shit out of the boo-birds Not as many boo birds as you think there is.

Dom - don't know why you bothered to answer on Mel's behalf. This was all in fun and I'm sure Mel is very aware of that. :noidea:

Not as many boo birds as you think there is.

I had season tix for over 20 years at TRS and have attended many games at HF since it was built. Maybe you sit in a section where there aren't a lot of boo birds, but I've witnessed it first hand in quite a few of the sections I've sat in, particularly at HF.

Big deal if it does. No harm, no foul.

Considering I just had major surgery to my head less than 6 weeks ago, I'd say otherwise.

Really? You show me a restaraunt that sells Prime Rib for $5, and dinner is on me

Again - my post was made in jest. However - I can give you the names of at least 3 restaurants in the area who serve up a terrific Prime Rib dinner for under $10.00. I regress - the cost of 2 programs instead of 1. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2008, 08:38 PM

I only live about 8 miles from HF, but I yell loud enough that I'm sure the players hear me. And . . . . I'm less likely to end up in the slammer for smackin' the living shit out of the boo-birds! :applaudit:

You know they ban you from the stadium if you do that now right???

nojobny
12-31-2008, 01:35 AM
What row are you? Here is a picture of my view from 513 last game.. I was in row B... so nice up front... but you can see I had a great view.

The jumbotron is big, from 509 you will be able to see the plays develop & everything... really good seats IN MY OPINION... its not like watching it on TV where you see things close up, but the Jumbotron shows replays anyways & IMO it is nice to see the whole field all the time.

this picture is a really crappy cell phone pic... real life is much better
http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1885/80/73/1412440922/n1412440922_174473_2966.jpg

Row B.. so that means you were in the sun. I was a bit chilly in the shade Sunday.

This is the view from my seat in the heavens of row HH. (pic is from my iPhone) I love the new jumbotron now that it's HD.

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v1629/70/58/634751762/n634751762_1784121_2427.jpg

TailgateMel
12-31-2008, 08:51 AM
It's all good.. LOL... Dom is just passionate about going to the games like me... but yes, things are misconstrued easily on this here interwebby thinggy dinggy. To each his(her) own eh?

My top 10 would make a good back of a T-shirt though! (well, with a little more thought than the 2 minutes I put into it) Maybe section 514 dood will come up with one!

stlrtruck
12-31-2008, 09:53 AM
TOP 10 REASONS TO WATCH THE GAMES AT HOME: :wink02:

10. The walks up the ramps to the 500 section is good exercise! TRUE, but I can ride the stationary bike while watching the game!

9. Twirling your terrible towel indoors isn't nearly as fun. SURE IT IS! I don't have to worry about getting hit in the side of the face by an ignoramus!

8. Hi-Fiving & Hugging other Steeler fans you have never ever met in your life before. HAVING beer spilled in your hair and on your back by drunks - no thanks! These same Steelers fans that you've hugged and hi-fived will run you over as you're trying to get to your car in the lots.

I can buy a prime rib dinner for what those programs cost - LOL!

2. RENEGADE! TRUE!

Your post is funny but I can give you about 1200 reasons to go to a game. That's about how many miles it is for me to get to a game! :wink02: :rofl:

MJ5150
01-01-2009, 02:37 AM

2. RENEGADE!

This should be #1 in my opinion.

I've been to about 15 NFL stadiums, and numerous college stadiums for football games in my 37 years. I was at Heinz Field for the first time in my life this year. I went with my cousin to the Dallas game.

By far and way, the Renegade bit with the defense is the most awesome, most inspiring, most intense crowd exciting event I have ever heard. Heck, I am getting goose bumps right now just typing about it.

-Mike

HometownGal
01-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Your post is funny but I can give you about 1200 reasons to go to a game. That's about how many miles it is for me to get to a game! :wink02: :rofl:

Don't get me wrong here - I still love attending a Steelers game here and there, but as one gets older, the bitter cold and wind here in the Burgh in December and January isn't as tolerable as it was when you were a youngin'. :wink02:

nojobny
01-01-2009, 05:57 PM
This should be #1 in my opinion.

I've been to about 15 NFL stadiums, and numerous college stadiums for football games in my 37 years. I was at Heinz Field for the first time in my life this year. I went with my cousin to the Dallas game.

By far and way, the Renegade bit with the defense is the most awesome, most inspiring, most intense crowd exciting event I have ever heard. Heck, I am getting goose bumps right now just typing about it.

-Mike

You are so right. I found this great YouTube from that game that includes Renegade AND Romo's turnover!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1295rTJDPbY

MJ5150
01-02-2009, 04:41 AM
You are so right. I found this great YouTube from that game that includes Renegade AND Romo's turnover!!!

WOW! Awesome. Thanks for the link.

I could barely contain my emotions watching that.

-Mike

joeyssteelcurtain
01-03-2009, 12:36 PM
My wife makes fun of me because i watch that like ever day i am going to the playoff game this year i cant wait