PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Houston!

warddj86
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Remember the Houston Texans, the loveable rascals we destroyed the first week of the season, yeah well that same Houston team took down the 12-1 Tennessee Titans, and with our win versus the lowly, hated Ravens, whoever wins next week in the Steelers at Titans game will be the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs. That is, unless they lose the last game of the season. So suddenly this game against Tennessee has added importance. Without an unstoppable force in Albert Haynesworth, is it possible we can actually have home field throughout the playoffs. I say it is very possible. Athough it will be kind of strange to me to see the Pittsburgh Steelers at home in the playoffs, because the last time the Steelers were a threat was 2005, which were all road games. So thank you Houston Texans for giving the folks in Pittsburgh an early Christmas gift.

jjpro11
12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
i said earlier in the week to watch out for them.. big trap game after destroying two crap teams and having us the next week.

bradness113
12-14-2008, 09:17 PM
i called this trap game too!
greeat game houston!

and thanks!

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Its the same Houston team that won last week in Green Bay and has finished the last 3 seasons on a "high" note. Only to come out flat the following year.

Sharkissle29
12-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Its the same Houston team that won last week in Green Bay and has finished the last 3 seasons on a "high" note. Only to come out flat the following year.

the texans have some talent on offense, thats for sure.

lilyoder6
12-14-2008, 11:19 PM
the texans are a rly rly good team.. they just have 2 stay healthy... they have a BEAST at wr, found a great rb in slaton and the def is not too shabby... they'll be a force next yr...

also rem,.. that this team has played evry week since there bye in week 2

LambertIsGod58
12-14-2008, 11:21 PM
yeah, I can remember Houston being mocked for passing on Reggie Bush a few years ago. Looks like taking Mario Williams was the right pick after all. And then added Schaub and Slaton.....This is a playoff team next year I think.

SteelCurtain7
12-15-2008, 01:26 AM
:tt02::applaudit:Thanks, Houston, for dismembering the Titans!!!!!!!!!!

The Duke
12-15-2008, 02:37 AM
yeah, I can remember Houston being mocked for passing on Reggie Bush a few years ago. Looks like taking Mario Williams was the right pick after all. And then added Schaub and Slaton.....This is a playoff team next year I think.

Yeah, I remember I was one of those

Bush is a joke. Though he has improved in certain areas

Slaton I knew would be great. Undersized, underrated, behind an underrated line, it just screamed success to me somehow, lol

LambertIsGod58
12-15-2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I remember I was one of those

Bush is a joke. Though he has improved in certain areas

Slaton I knew would be great. Undersized, underrated, behind an underrated line, it just screamed success to me somehow, lol

Yeah, I was one as well. But I don't think Bush is underrated. I mean, he changes the complexion of the game for defenses. They have to account for where he is at all times. Granted, he's not an every down runner although I think he could be if given the chance.

markymarc
12-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Very nice football weekend. Great job Houston. Is it too late to move the Titans/Steelers game time on Sunday. I really believe this should be the NBC Sunday night game. We are talking about the #1 playoff seed. I will be very disappointed if they keep it at 1:00. No way should this be a 1:00 game. Besides wouldn't this game be much better than the Chargers and Bucs.

Fire Haley
12-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Fisher is a knucklehead

15 pages

Jeff Fisher defeats the Tennessee Titans!

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=44155

Even the lions would have kicked the field goal there.

SteelersMongol
12-15-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm confused. :noidea: Why are we all of a sudden thanking this & that team? :coffee:

X-Terminator
12-15-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm confused. :noidea: Why are we all of a sudden thanking this & that team? :coffee:

Because had Tennesee won, they'd have wrapped up the top seed regardless of what the Steelers did yesterday. Now, the Steelers can win it if they win their last 2 games.

markymarc
12-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Which makes this game even more meaningful if we can pull out the victory. I really think the Titans/Steelers should be moved to Sunday night. How could NBC not want this game with the #1 playoff seed on the line. Who cares about the Chargers and Bucs.

Steel_Bus_24
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Which makes this game even more meaningful if we can pull out the victory. I really think the Titans/Steelers should be moved to Sunday night. How could NBC not want this game with the #1 playoff seed on the line. Who cares about the Chargers and Bucs.

Because the Giants and Panthers have already been flexed into it. They're playing for the #1 too.

stlrtruck
12-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Because had Tennesee won, they'd have wrapped up the top seed regardless of what the Steelers did yesterday. Now, the Steelers can win it if they win their last 2 games.

That's not true. Had the Titans won, then lose to the Steelers next week and the colts the following week it would have given us a tie at the top of the AFC with a 13-3 record. The first tie-breaker is head-head which would have gone to the Steelers.

However, what this does now because of the loss to Houston is put us in the drivers seat. Win and we get the #1 seed.

FSUBoo
12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I predicted this win to a bunch of people earlier this week, and everyone was calling me crazy. I can still see the Titans losing their next 2 and going 12-4. I have been thinking they would do that for the last week. The more i see of them, the more I think they are overrated.

X-Terminator
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
That's not true. Had the Titans won, then lose to the Steelers next week and the colts the following week it would have given us a tie at the top of the AFC with a 13-3 record. The first tie-breaker is head-head which would have gone to the Steelers.

However, what this does now because of the loss to Houston is put us in the drivers seat. Win and we get the #1 seed.

Yes, you're correct - my bad. They would have locked it up had they won and the Steelers lost. But the Steelers won't win the #1 seed if they beat the Titans - they'd still need to beat Cleveland or the Titans to lose to the Colts.

stlrtruck
12-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes, you're correct - my bad. They would have locked it up had they won and the Steelers lost. But the Steelers won't win the #1 seed if they beat the Titans - they'd still need to beat Cleveland or the Titans to lose to the Colts.

Yes, that is correct. They would be in the drivers seat unlike had the Titans beat Houston. Then we would have been waiting on the colts to beat the titans in the last week.

At least this way we control everything.