PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben IS ELITE and a WINNER

MillerMania83
12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Ya know what, people can try and bring him down all they want on this board, not the majority though, but there are a few....But the BOTTOM FREAKIN LINE IS, Big BEN is a FREAKIN WINNER....His #'s prove that, and ya know what, he's looking more and more "Elway type" every single week anymore, give him the ball with a drive or two to go, and HE GETS THE JOB DONE....You can keep all of the "pretty" stats, (although he's not bad there either) the ONLY STAT that matters is WINS, BOTTOM LINE, WINS is what matters....And the team believes if you put the ball in his hands late in the game, he's going to lead that come from behind, late drive, FOR THE WIN....Big Ben, YOU ARE THE MAN.

NYC SteelersFan
12-14-2008, 09:54 PM
LambertIsGod58? I'm waiting just for you buddy before I post anything.

ShutDown24
12-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Ben wins.

LambertIsGod58
12-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Ya know what, people can try and bring him down all they want on this board, not the majority though, but there are a few....But the BOTTOM FREAKIN LINE IS, Big BEN is a FREAKIN WINNER....His #'s prove that, and ya know what, he's looking more and more "Elway type" every single week anymore, give him the ball with a drive or two to go, and HE GETS THE JOB DONE....You can keep all of the "pretty" stats, (although he's not bad there either) the ONLY STAT that matters is WINS, BOTTOM LINE, WINS is what matters....And the team believes if you put the ball in his hands late in the game, he's going to lead that come from behind, late drive, FOR THE WIN....Big Ben, YOU ARE THE MAN.

Ben did play great when it counted today.....but once again, he doesn't get all the credit as you are giving him. 13 pts doesn't get it done most weeks in the NFL. So I'd say the defense had a big part in it too!

NYC SteelersFan
12-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Ben did play great when it counted today.....but once again, he doesn't get all the credit as you are giving him. 13 pts doesn't get it done most weeks in the NFL. So I'd say the defense had a big part in it too!

lol..Hey hey. I was waiting for you buddy. What did you think about the Roethlisberger fumble?

LambertIsGod58
12-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Baltimore's D is tough....Ben did really well I thought. But to give him full credit for that win is just incredulous IMO.

LambertIsGod58
12-14-2008, 10:11 PM
LambertIsGod58? I'm waiting just for you buddy before I post anything.

Thanks for waiting bruh, I appreciate it......LOL!

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Its a TEAM win. Each player is responsible for making plays.

However, the QB gets the most grief in when we loose and the most credit when we win. He's the first to say its "a team win".

But he did make all the throws on the game winning 92 yard drive. Hence, he gets love.

stillers4me
12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Baltimore's D is tough....Ben did really well I thought. But to give him full credit for that win is just incredulous IMO.

I don't see anyone giving him full credit. The D, as usuall, was amazing. But without that last 7 points.......no win. If he didn't have that little quirk of holding the ball too long, there would be no TD. He gets full credit for making that drive happen.

LambertIsGod58
12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Its a TEAM win. Each player is responsible for making plays.

However, the QB gets the most grief in when we loose and the most credit when we win. He's the first to say its "a team win".

But he did make all the throws on the game winning 92 yard drive. Hence, he gets love.

All true Dino.......

tlkrasin
12-14-2008, 10:28 PM
okay so i know im a noob but heres the deal. Ben is good dont get my wrong but hes not all that. he has a good game every once and a while. plus ive noticed this today hes only really amazing in the last 10 minutes of the game?!?! what is that all about we need an amazing quarterback

we dont need to have a quarterback that gets sacked 41 times this season and has thrown 12 interceptions there is no excuse for this. lets face it if we let leftwich start we would already be superbowl champs before the post season even starts. bottom line.

to add to all of this ben freaks out under pressure everyone saw the play-off game last year he freaked...

and to finish this off post ben was only amazing his rookie season he hasnt done a d**n thing since

:cheer:<3,
Tiffany

lilyoder6
12-14-2008, 10:29 PM
y must we keep making new threads about the same damn topic!!!

big play nate came up big again in that last drive

bradness113
12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Balt D is prob the best D we will see all year....

we won. big ben was there wen we needed him.

We got the W. Nuff said.

NYC SteelersFan
12-14-2008, 10:49 PM
okay so i know im a noob but heres the deal. Ben is good dont get my wrong but hes not all that. he has a good game every once and a while. plus ive noticed this today hes only really amazing in the last 10 minutes of the game?!?! what is that all about we need an amazing quarterback

we dont need to have a quarterback that gets sacked 41 times this season and has thrown 12 interceptions there is no excuse for this. lets face it if we let leftwich start we would already be superbowl champs before the post season even starts. bottom line.

to add to all of this ben freaks out under pressure everyone saw the play-off game last year he freaked...

and to finish this off post ben was only amazing his rookie season he hasnt done a d**n thing since

Tiffany

lol...was this sarcastic or am I going to have to buy Tiffany a thermos and bookbag for Christmas so I can take her to NFL statistical school?

Steelman16
12-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Tiffany

I reckon the five dudes who block for him don't have anything to do with them 41 sacks either. :coffee:

lets face it if we let leftwich start we would already be superbowl champs before the post season even starts. bottom line.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:coffee:

fansince'76
12-15-2008, 12:17 AM

Tiffany

lol...was this sarcastic or am I going to have to buy Tiffany a thermos and bookbag for Christmas so I can take her to NFL statistical school?

I have to assume it was meant as sarcasm as it is simply too ridiculous to assume otherwise. Nobody could really be that stupid. :coffee:

steelwall
12-15-2008, 12:25 AM

Tiffany

I've been staying out of these discussions because it's pointless, and everyone that knows me knows how I feel about Ben.. But this post takes the cake...:doh:

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 12:37 AM
I have to assume it was meant as sarcasm as it is simply too ridiculous to assume otherwise. Nobody could really be that stupid. :coffee:

I was afraid to say that fan cause what if he/she isn't. Don't want to be mean you know. But imagine if it really was a serious post??

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 12:00 PM
it was a serious post honestly i know im a girl and girls dont know football but come on hes not all that. he really isnt i know all of you watch the game and get upset with ben regularly and yes i know his men need to protect him more otfen. but look at this he holds on to the ball entirely too long and he has no idea when to get rid of it and gets sacked. we would have so many more points on the scoreboard if he would do something with the ball.

Tiffany

fansince'76
12-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Nevermind, just not worth it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Here's a serious question for Steelers fans.

Name the top 20 receivers in the NFL right now. In yardage, Hines is at 23, but think about the talent that Ben works with. Heck, one great receiver in Houston Andre Johnson has made Matt Schraub (spelling) look like Marino these last couple weeks. We have Hines, the Stud. Holmes, the Stoner, and Stonehands Nate. Yeah, Holmes and Nate make great plays for us. But think about the other receivers in the league, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, put anyone of those guys on our Roster with Hines...and we don't have a passing game problem. Holmes is good, but he isn't Elite. Nate is good but he makes mistakes often. Ward is our guy, if we had that other guy though, we wouldn't be asking questions about Ben or the Offense.

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 12:06 PM
not worth what??? i love the steelers they are my team and i will fight anyone to the death about them but ben just really isnt amazing. give me a reason as to why hes great??? i wanna know please. im not trying to be a bitch i honestly wanna know

Tiffany

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2008, 12:08 PM
not worth what??? i love the steelers they are my team and i will fight anyone to the death about them but ben just really isnt amazing. give me a reason as to why hes great??? i wanna know please. im not trying to be a bitch i honestly wanna know

Tiffany

Simple

First 5 years in the league and he has 50 wins, more than any other qb in the history of the NFL in their first 5 years.

He finds ways to win games that we must win late in the game. The Jags game in the playoffs last year, was a defensive let down. Same as the Broncos game last year and the Jets game, both defensive let downs. Ben always comes up clutch when we need it most.

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 12:11 PM
dino,
you may be right but i mean it would also help if ben throw better passes. his passes just arent up to par about 60% of the time. when ben connects with any of the receivers its amazing and it looks great but that doesnt happen very often. and yes i agree that ward is our man. i also really like miller hes been looking really great in the last 5 or 6 games.

Tiffany

revefsreleets
12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
He wins. He does what he needs to to win football games. 7th all-time passer rating. Quickest QB to 50 wins. Youngest to win a SB.

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
yeah i know but could you imagine if he was like that all four quarters of the game we would be unstoppable but he only does anything in the late of the 4th quarter

Tiffany

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
dino,
you may be right but i mean it would also help if ben throw better passes. his passes just arent up to par about 60% of the time. when ben connects with any of the receivers its amazing and it looks great but that doesnt happen very often. and yes i agree that ward is our man. i also really like miller hes been looking really great in the last 5 or 6 games.

Tiffany

Um, technically, he hits Nate right in the hands very often and Nate just drops the ball. Holmes even dropped a couple yesterday, and then Fumbles on a quick slant that would have been a great pass and catch play.

Ben's passes are just fine, even the deep ball that Nate dropped (the db did grab his arm and held and wasn't called) still hit Nate Right in the freaking hands and he dropped it.

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 12:21 PM
well yea i know im not supporting the recievers screwing up im just saying ben isnt all that. i dont know but im happy and congrats to all the steelers fans because we are divison champs!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany

Burghfan58
12-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Game winning drive of 92 yards with minutes left against the 2nd best D in the league. PRICELESS! Ben is a gamer. Nothing flashy. Just win baby.:tt03::helmet::tt03::helmet::tt03::helmet::::

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
burghfa58 thank you i mean i knew all week it was gonna be a rough game i knew they needed to bring it because bal does have the 2nd best defense in the league and go steelers for showing up to the game

as far as ben goes he knew he had to play amazing and he did lets just hope he continues it

Tiffany

X-Terminator
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm not even going to waste my time with this completely clueless noobie.

Into the bozo bin with ya!

jasonhightower
12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
He wins. He does what he needs to to win football games. 7th all-time passer rating. Quickest QB to 50 wins. Youngest to win a SB.

And this is a pretty clear path and a damn good start to the HOF. So any detractors out there, would you rather have a Philip Rivers or an Eli Manning from the 2004 draft? Not me.

Based on the O-line problems this season Ben has done well. There may be only 3 or 4 QB's who would be trusted as much or more than Big Ben in the league today. And... the fact the Steelers hit on an NFL-ready QB out of the draft is like winning the lottery.

hindes204
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
HE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!! END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!!!

skepticsightsten
12-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Big Ben is part of the Steelers. I think if any team this season shows what it means for a TEAM to win a game, it's the Steelers. He makes the plays when he has to. He doesn't have the best receiving team to work with, but they all come together to make it work. That's how you go 11-3 with the hardest schedule in the NFL. I believe that he is what we need. He isn't the best, but he's what we need. I don't think having any other QB would help us.

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 01:34 PM
look i understand were you all are coming from but i mean there is no reason for ppl to not respect me. i have my opinion and no one can fault me for it. this is just how i feel about ben. i know football pretty damn well and i dont like when people are disrespecting me. i love the steelers and thought that coming to the forum i would find ppl like me but i guess not so i will defend my opinion all by myself.

and honestly id rather have the steelers have just about any other qb in the league, hell if we had shawn hill(sf) we would be wonderful but i know that we have ben and ill continue to watch him screw up in the beginning and come back at the end.

i do think before i "type" and i happen to like the little pink pom pom smiley its cute. i am a girl!

:cheer::cheer:<3,
Tiffany

The_WARDen
12-15-2008, 02:30 PM
this thread looks familiar?

:noidea:

wvsportsman
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Tiffany, it seems as though you have your mind made up about Ben and your only seeing what you want to see.

First off there is an opposing defense on the field puting pressure on and trying to disrupt timing on passing plays, and ben has been facing some good one's! So is he isn't getting the time every pass isn't going to be perfect. Also if our O-line or receivers don't get their job done each play, how is that Bens fault? I know Ben makes a mistake from time to time but who doesn't?

A 92 yrd drive with that hostile crowd to win the afc north! I'll take Ben as our QB anytime!

As far as Ben holding on the ball too long, If he didn't there probably would'nt have been a touchdown to win yesterdays game! How many time have we seen him makes plays like that??

hindes204
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Tiffany, it seems as though you have your mind made up about Ben and your only seeing what you want to see.

First off there is an opposing defense on the field puting pressure on and trying to disrupt timing on passing plays, and ben has been facing some good one's! So is he isn't getting the time every pass isn't going to be perfect. Also if our O-line or receivers don't get their job done each play, how is that Bens fault? I know Ben makes a mistake from time to time but who doesn't?

A 92 yrd drive with that hostile crowd to win the afc north! I'll take Ben as our QB anytime!

As far as Ben holding on the ball too long, If he didn't there probably would'nt have been a touchdown to win yesterdays game! How many time have we seen him makes plays like that??

WELL SAID :thumbsup:

KeiselPower99
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
We are way to hard on Ben.All the guy does is win and half the time we complain about him extending plays. He is one of the best in the league and we should be happy we dont have Kordell or Kent Graham back there.

The_WARDen
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
We are way to hard on Ben.All the guy does is win and half the time we complain about him extending plays. He is one of the best in the league and we should be happy we dont have Kordell or Kent Graham back there.

way too many fans are dinosaurs....I think alot of Steeler fans still long for the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense, meanwhile everyone complained about the run, run, pass, punt offense during the Cowher years.

The game favors the pass now & the Steelers have young talented QB to thrive in a passing offense. Once they finally put a wall in front of him & he matures enough to know when to throw the ball away, look out. This could be a very good offense to go with a great defense.

I agree that a majority of the time this season, the offense has been painful to watch...but I think it's because they're in the middle of an identity switch (run heavy - pass heavy) and just don't have the personnel to fit right now.

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 02:47 PM
look i understand were you all are coming from but i mean there is no reason for ppl to not respect me. i have my opinion and no one can fault me for it. this is just how i feel about ben. i know football pretty damn well and i dont like when people are disrespecting me. i love the steelers and thought that coming to the forum i would find ppl like me but i guess not so i will defend my opinion all by myself.

and honestly id rather have the steelers have just about any other qb in the league, hell if we had shawn hill(sf) we would be wonderful but i know that we have ben and ill continue to watch him screw up in the beginning and come back at the end.

i do think before i "type" and i happen to like the little pink pom pom smiley its cute. i am a girl!

:cheer::cheer:<3,

Tiffany
All I needed to hear(read).
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::laughing::laughing: :willy::willy::willy::hasign::hasign::hyper::hyper ::hyper::moon::moon::moon::hypno::hypno::sign06:

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 02:51 PM
it was a serious post honestly i know im a girl and girls dont know football but come on hes not all that. he really isnt i know all of you watch the game and get upset with ben regularly and yes i know his men need to protect him more otfen. but look at this he holds on to the ball entirely too long and he has no idea when to get rid of it and gets sacked. we would have so many more points on the scoreboard if he would do something with the ball.

Tiffany

Tiffany, I won't discriminate against arguing with you just because you're a girl. So I will give you homework that will tell you why Roethlisberger is a top 5 quarterback. In 5 years, Roethlisberger's stats are:

1,852 attempts
1,155 completions
62.4 completion%
14,535 yards
7.8 yards per attempt
99 TD's and 66 INT's
89.7 QB rating

Now you find 5 quarterbacks with who have played a minimum of 5 years who have a better career completion%, TD to INT ratio and QB rating. Go to NFL.com and see if you can find 5 of them Tiffany.

steelpride12
12-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Ben is our franchise QB who has made plays for the Steelers over the years. You can't mack on someone who led his team to the superbowl in his second year and two year later have the second best stats in the league.

He has and still makes big plays for the Steelers. He does not have the best OL, but he makes due and is clutch at the most important time. I dont care how many bad games he has if he will lead us 92 yards for the game winning score and he has done this season several time.

Remember Ben is a 102 million dollar QB abs has to and is playing like it so far. Ben and everyone is 11-3 with a Divison win and first round bye. He is playing elite.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Once they finally put a wall in front of him & he matures enough to know when to throw the ball away, look out. This could be a very good offense to go with a great defense.

If he learns to throw the ball away he'll have just as many incomplete passes as attempts. We don't have the personnel to run the type of offense that Tomlin and Arian's want. And unless we plan on signing Anquan Boldin and a couple pro-bowl o-linemen, we never will have the personnel.

lilyoder6
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
i would doubt that hill would be good on this team... and ben isn't making many mistakes that costs us games.

The_WARDen
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
i would doubt that hill would be good on this team... and ben isn't making many mistakes that costs us games.

that fumble was huge yesterday, cause I believe they were in FG range during a 9-6 game.

He made up for it, but the fumble was costly.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 03:10 PM
that fumble was huge yesterday, cause I believe they were in FG range during a 9-6 game.

He made up for it, but the fumble was costly.

I think it was 9-3 still. I do't blame him as much when I know the play-call shouldn't be a pass in those situations. We're not the Colts. Roethlisberger is not Manning. Ward and Holmes are not Harrison and Wayne. Our o-line is no where near their o-line and our offensive pass scheme is written in crayons while theirs is a 2000 page novel.

The_WARDen
12-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I think it was 9-3 still. I do't blame him as much when I know the play-call shouldn't be a pass in those situations. We're not the Colts. Roethlisberger is not Manning. Ward and Holmes are not Harrison and Wayne. Our o-line is no where near their o-line and our offensive pass scheme is written in crayons while theirs is a 2000 page novel.

I don't care who the fantasy football players are... you get pressure like that just eat the stupid ball and take the points. That's part of the maturation process that's still taking place.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 03:16 PM
I don't care who the fantasy football players are... you get pressure like that just eat the stupid ball and take the points. That's part of the maturation process that's still taking place.

If you say that then you kind of have to say somethign for the game-winning TD warden. The offense is bad and he thinks he has to do it all. His intensions are good and the skill is there, he just doesn't have any help this year.

Thiose fantasy football players are the ones who can consistently convert 3rd and short pass plays. We, the Pittsburgh Steelers, cannot convert those type of plays.

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 03:24 PM
If you say that then you kind of have to say somethign for the game-winning TD warden. The offense is bad and he thinks he has to do it all. His intensions are good and the skill is there, he just doesn't have any help this year.

Thiose fantasy football players are the ones who can consistently convert 3rd and short pass plays. We, the Pittsburgh Steelers, cannot convert those type of plays.

I agree with you on this one. We are one of the worst teams this year on 3rd down conversions. :thumbsup:

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree with you on this one. We are one of the worst teams this year on 3rd down conversions. :thumbsup:

never would've thought I would see that. It was the complete opposite for years. 3rd and long was brutal, 3rd and short, no problem.

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 03:28 PM
never would've thought I would see that. It was the complete opposite for years. 3rd and long was brutal, 3rd and short, no problem.

Indeed. And to think just a few years ago it was our defense that couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs.:noidea: Now our offense can't stay on it. Except when it matters here of late. I don't want to get to negative cause I sure am happy to be 11-3.

The_WARDen
12-15-2008, 03:29 PM

There weren't 3 guys on top of him during the game winning throw...else I'd have said the same thing.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Indeed. And to think just a few years ago it was our defense that couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs.:noidea: Now our offense can't stay on it. Except when it matters here of late. I don't want to get to negative cause I sure am happy to be 11-3.

I'm very happy. I know the NFL will never try to keep us out of the playoffs by giving us an absurdly difficult schedule again.

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm very happy. I know the NFL will never try to keep us out of the playoffs by giving us an absurdly difficult schedule again.

Not with Goodell at the helm..:chuckle:

MillerMania83
12-15-2008, 04:44 PM

Enough said right there....If that ain't ELITE, I SURE AS HE!! DON'T KNOW WHAT IS.

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
I smell :sissies: in this thread.

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 04:51 PM

Tiffany

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is all.

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 06:29 PM

Tiffany

wow. I'm speechless.

I don't know whether I'm more flabbergasted about what Tiffany has come up with.....or that there are actually people conversing with 'lil ole Tiff. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/catfight.gif

missedgehead
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM

Agreed. Ben has to orchestrate this offense to get more points than 13. I have heard "All Ben does is win." "Ben has more wins than anyone in 5 years." "Blah. Blah." Well, Ben has to play like he did ALL GAME, not pull it out of his ass at the last minute. If Ben wants to be in the company of the REAL ELITE QBs meaning Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, he has to ignite and lead that offense ALL GAME. There are 4 quarters in a game. Ben has to play excellent all 4, not just the last 1/2 of the 4th quarter. JMO

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Agreed. Ben has to orchestrate this offense to get more points than 13. I have heard "All Ben does is win." "Ben has more wins than anyone in 5 years." "Blah. Blah." Well, Ben has to play like he did ALL GAME, not pull it out of his ass at the last minute. If Ben wants to be in the company of the REAL ELITE QBs meaning Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, he has to ignite and lead that offense ALL GAME. There are 4 quarters in a game. Ben has to play excellent all 4, not just the last 1/2 of the 4th quarter. JMO

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/thud.gif

missedgehead
12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
*half way out the door turns around and comes back*
and another thing! As great and magical as fairy boy tom brady is, if he was behind our O line, his numbers wouldn't be half of what they are. For god sakes, I could close my eyes and whip a ball downfeild, Moss would catch it.

I have heard this stupid argument for years. That is so stupid. "What if Brady were behind our o line?" That is silly. Tom Brady plays behind the Pats O line, and Ben Roethlisberger plays behind his o line. So you think you could throw better than Brady? Right. Sure you could. Sure, and Big Brown is better than Secretariat. Right. Whatever. :rofl:

VTsteel
12-15-2008, 06:53 PM

That's Awesome!

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 06:54 PM

Ehhh. nevermind, your not worth it.:buttkick:

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I have heard this stupid argument for years. That is so stupid. "What if Brady were behind our o line?" That is silly. Tom Brady plays behind the Pats O line, and Ben Roethlisberger plays behind his o line. So you think you could throw better than Brady? Right. Sure you could. Sure, and Big Brown is better than Secretariat. Right. Whatever. :rofl:

tony hipchest
12-15-2008, 07:13 PM
If Ben wants to be in the company of the REAL ELITE QBs meaning Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, he has to ignite and lead that offense ALL GAME. so what youre saying is ben needs to cheat in order to be "elite"?

PLEASE! :doh:

tom brady has had ONE "elite" season. other than last year, he has NEVER threw for more than 28 td's or fewer than 12 interceptions. ben topped that in his 4th season and has thrown for 11 or fewer int's 3 times. ben easilly has to beat in YPA and only 3 points behind him in passer rating.

"Blah. Blah." Well, Ben has to play like he did ALL GAME, not pull it out of his ass at the last minute. If Ben wants to be in the company There are 4 quarters in a game. Ben has to play excellent all 4, not just the last 1/2 of the 4th quarter. JMO

you mean how brady pulled a win out of his ass in the last minute of 3 sb's and countless playoff games? and even then it was vinatieri winning them- not tom.

take away bradys ben like heroics in 3 sb's and hes an average to slightly above average qb at best (i.e. chad pennington).

and peyton hasnt exactly been lighting teams up this season.

Burghfan58
12-15-2008, 07:13 PM
:troll: alert

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Ben has to play excellent all 4, not just the last 1/2 of the 4th quarter. JMO

Sure would help if his receivers didn't have the dropsies, don't ya agree?

Ben is one of 11 cogs in the offensive wheel on the field. He can't do it alone - they play as a unit. All cylinders were working in that last drive yesterday which resulted in a TD which won the game for the Steelers. Football 101.

X-Terminator
12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
I had all I can stansk, and I can't stansk no more!

Into the bozo bin with our resident bandwagon fan!

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 07:28 PM
ha............ha...........ha............ 17 points? ha..............ha...............ha..............( snort)

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
PS.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/kenetics81/patriots_suck.jpg

in the words of Flavor Flav...WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

that logo is brutal. but it's so true. if Gisele had a dick, you bet Tom Brady is suckin' it right now. haha!

how come the Pats never wear their alternate jersey anymore!? the one with the Quaker Oats guy squatting down and taking it in the booty!? you know which one i'm talking about. haha!

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
in the words of Flavor Flav...WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

that logo is brutal. but it's so true. if Gisele had a dick, you bet Tom Brady is suckin' it right now. haha!

how come the Pats never wear their alternate jersey anymore!? the one with the Quaker Oats guy squatting down and taking it in the booty!? you know which one i'm talking about. haha!

:rofl::rofl:

SteelCityKing
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
i can't get enough of how much the Pats logo looks like Vinnie Jones! if you don't know who that is...Sphinx from "Gone in 60 Seconds"...Bullet Tooth Tony from "Snatch"...and Billy Wings from "Hell Ride!" -- Vinnie Jones as an extra in the movie "The Patriot" THAT is what Tom Brady has on the side of his stupid skull. PSH!

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
"Agreed. Ben has to orchestrate this offense to get more points than 13. I have heard "All Ben does is win." "Ben has more wins than anyone in 5 years." "Blah. Blah." Well, Ben has to play like he did ALL GAME, not pull it out of his ass at the last minute. If Ben wants to be in the company of the REAL ELITE QBs meaning Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, he has to ignite and lead that offense ALL GAME. There are 4 quarters in a game. Ben has to play excellent all 4, not just the last 1/2 of the 4th quarter. JMO"

JMO - i could not agree with you more!!!! thank you someone that agrees with me!!!!

Tiffany

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 08:09 PM
"Agreed. Ben has to orchestrate this offense to get more points than 13. I have heard "All Ben does is win." "Ben has more wins than anyone in 5 years." "Blah. Blah." Well, Ben has to play like he did ALL GAME, not pull it out of his ass at the last minute. If Ben wants to be in the company of the REAL ELITE QBs meaning Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, he has to ignite and lead that offense ALL GAME. There are 4 quarters in a game. Ben has to play excellent all 4, not just the last 1/2 of the 4th quarter. JMO"

JMO - i could not agree with you more!!!! thank you someone that agrees with me!!!!

Tiffany

'nuff said. :chuckle:

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 08:12 PM
what is that suppose to me stiller4me???

Tiffany

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 08:14 PM
what is that suppose to me stiller4me???

Tiffany
Why, nothing. :coffee:

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Why, nothing. :coffee:

You're freakin' KILLIN me!!! :toofunny::toofunny::rofl::rofl::laughing::laughin g:

tony hipchest
12-15-2008, 08:22 PM
i could not agree with you more!!!! thank you someone that agrees with me!!!!

Tiffany

get a room.

:popcorn:

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 08:23 PM
oops. :wave:

tlkrasin
12-15-2008, 08:31 PM
i know i get carried away sometimes but smokin3000gt i had to laugh really heard with that last post hahaha

Tiffany

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 08:45 PM
i know i get carried away sometimes but smokin3000gt i had to laugh really heard with that last post hahaha

Tiffany

I think we're all laughin' pretty hard now, potty mouth. Tata! :wave:

P.S. When your Mama washes your mouth out with soap, tell her to use Dove - it doesn't burn as bad and goes down smoooooooooth.

X-Terminator
12-15-2008, 08:57 PM
I think we're all laughin' pretty hard now, potty mouth. Tata! :wave:

P.S. When your Mama washes your mouth out with soap, tell her to use Dove - it doesn't burn as bad and goes down smoooooooooth.

ROFL!!!

Well, I had a feeling this one wouldn't waste much time hitting that self-destruct button - took 22 hours and 13 posts.

[music interlude]

And another one bites the dust...

[/music interlude]

:finger: --> tlkrasin

:cheer:

:rofl:

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 09:03 PM
My work here is done.

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Damnit...I missed the end...Stupid Clowns game they ruin everything.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-16-2008, 01:05 AM

Sorry bro, but, when you have a defense as good as ours...13 pts can get it done in most weeks

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-16-2008, 03:14 AM
OMG if I hear one more person call Tom Brady elite I am going to kill someone. I think he faked his injury so no one would notice how bad they were when they didn't cheat.