PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Eli

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 12:17 AM
get his a$$ handed to him by the Cowboys defense? Why do I bring this up on a Steelers forum you ask? Because according to many on this forum our O-line is one of the worst ever and responsible for our offensive problems.

I then wonder, why did the Steelers o-line (one of the worst in the league) give up 5 sacks and the Giants o-line (best in football) gave up 8 sacks?

I'll tell you why, because when the sharks (defenders) smell blood in the water (knowing you have no rushing offense and no threatening pass offense), they're gonna nip and bite until they take you under and eat you alive.

No Burress=No pass=No rush=neverending blitz's=quarterback gets sacked and pressured and has a miserable game.

translating that to the Steelers offense?

Bruce Arian's is an idiot+overly committed to Parker=24th ranked offense in the league.

Luckily the defense and Roethlisberger will happily carry us to the promise land:tt:

tony hipchest
12-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Why do I bring this up on a Steelers forum you ask? Because according to many on this forum...:blah:

:

i do wonder...

we have an nfl forum for pseudo-intellectual. armchair qb posts such as these.

:tap:

MACH1
12-15-2008, 12:29 AM
First ballot HOF, I tell ya.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 12:35 AM
i do wonder...

we have an nfl forum for pseudo-intellectual. armchair qb posts such as these.

:tap:

Just read the whole post next time. It will help in your pseudo-intellectual, forum-post analysis :tap:

First ballot HOF, I tell ya.

Eli Manning? I'll bet money you're right.

LambertIsGod58
12-15-2008, 12:37 AM
get his a$$ handed to him by the Cowboys defense? Why do I bring this up on a Steelers forum you ask? Because according to many on this forum our O-line is one of the worst ever and responsible for our offensive problems.

I then wonder, why did the Steelers o-line (one of the worst in the league) give up 5 sacks and the Giants o-line (best in football) gave up 8 sacks?

I'll tell you why, because when the sharks (defenders) smell blood in the water (knowing you have no rushing offense and no threatening pass offense), they're gonna nip and bite until they take you under and eat you alive.

No Burress=No pass=No rush=neverending blitz's=quarterback gets sacked and pressured and has a miserable game.

ruce Arian's is an idiot+overly committed to Parker=24th ranked offense in the league.

Luckily the defense and Roethlisberger will happily carry us to the promise land:tt:

Hey NYC, are you feelin' ok? You added the defense to your knob slobberin'. Maybe we're both comin' around? LOL!! J/K, don't go off on me again with a post that's gonna make me think.

tony hipchest
12-15-2008, 12:40 AM
yeah, i read the 'whole post"

which is exacty why i believe it belongs in a NON STEELERS forum.

eli manning posts belong elsewhere. :tap:

whoda thunk? :hunch:

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Hey NYC, are you feelin' ok? You added the defense to your knob slobberin'. Maybe we're both comin' around? LOL!! J/K, don't go off on me again with a post that's gonna make me think.

No Lambert, I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead.= with you :drink:

I always loved this defense, past and especially present. I'm a defense first guy and I'll take any player who can work within the offensive system, no preferences. I have no loyalty to individual players, especially on the offense. If an offensive player becomes a weakness on this team, I'll be more than happy to admit to it, call him out and hope for a replacement, especially the star players and quarterback. I have witnessed what kind of 4hit you take when calling out star players on this forum buddy, I see what you go through...lol

I know this team is $hit without the defense this year, but I would and will always stick up for Roethlisberger cause I know if he was on a better offensively coordinated team with a pass oriented scheme and weapons around him, he would have the numbers that impress you. But what he's done with what he's got? Still a top 5 quarterback no doubt.

What do you think about his fumble in the game? You blame him entirely for holding it too long or do you think going for pass on 3rd and 1 as usual is just idiotic?

BrandonCarr39
12-15-2008, 12:48 AM

Bruce Arian's is an idiot+overly committed to Parker=24th ranked offense in the league.

To be fair, the Giants were playing without 2 of their OL most of the game-their RT went out(which is when Greg Ellis came to life out of nowhere), and their LG also left the game.

I didn't think Eli had a bad game at all, I thought our D really stepped up, which is rare that they do so in this Dec month.

They'll be fine in the long run, IMHO.

BTW-Congrats on your win today. It was broadcasted in the DFW area, so I got to see it.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 12:48 AM
yeah, i read the 'whole post"

which is exacty why i believe it belongs in a NON STEELERS forum.

eli manning posts belong elsewhere. :tap:

whoda thunk? :hunch:

it was used as an analogy to compare to the Steelers offense. I'll make sure to keep an opposing quarterbacks name out of the thread title next time just for you Tony.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 12:51 AM
To be fair, the Giants were playing without 2 of their OL most of the game-their RT went out(which is when Greg Ellis came to life out of nowhere), and their LG also left the game.

When did their LG leave the game? And do you think the Cowboys defense was more aggressive than usual fromt he get go?

BrandonCarr39
12-15-2008, 12:59 AM
When did their LG leave the game? And do you think the Cowboys defense was more aggressive than usual fromt he get go?

Seibert left sometime in the 2nd half-didn't know he was injured until Michaels brought it up.

Yes-for the most part, we successfully came out aggressive and it's worked, but was just saying that I think the Giants will be fine in the long run(NFCE battles are very unpredictable...even the mediocre Redskins play us tough as well).

Galax Steeler
12-15-2008, 04:54 AM
I think our offensive line played a good game they look to me like they are starting to gel at the right time Ben is starting to get some protction and having time to throw the ball if we can just hold together 2 more games.

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 06:21 AM
I've heard it time and time again from the media. Ben is the difference between a a less than average offense and a championship caliber O line. He's the one that makes the action a happen. He has his drawbacks...........but that "never give up on a play" attitude, ("holding the ball too long") gives us plays like the one that won the game last night. He carries that offensive line on his shoulders. And he shoulders the blame for them most times, too. Ben is the team leader and deserves that big ole paycheck.