PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Matchups

jjpro11
12-15-2008, 12:45 AM
now that a playoff birth and first round bye have been clinched, pending seeding, i think its time to discuss who you think the steelers match up best against and who you would like to see them play and avoid.

here are the teams still fighting for playoffs seeding -
Titans
Jets
Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Dolphins
Patriots
Chargers

of those teams i would least want to play the Ravens. they have the best defense by far on that list and beating a team 3 times in one season is no easy task.

i would love for us to get another shot at the colts. they are not built in any way for a postseason run with their style of play on offense and defense. they are barely scrapping together wins vs terrible opponents and will probably ride a train of BS hype heading into he playoffs. we handed them the first game and i think our guys would really be out for revenge because they knew everything went the colts way the first time around.

i will withhold judgment on the titans until i see the game sunday.. from what i have seen so far though, i am not impressed and feel we are their worst possible match up in the playoffs.

the other teams are all very inconsistent. one thing that is consistent though is that they all have poor defenses.

MDSteel15
12-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Only team that gives me the heebie geebies is US... We have beat 3 of those teams already and lost to ourselves versus the Colts! So none of them worry me if we play our game and don't panic...

Hannity_on_Holmes
12-15-2008, 12:57 AM
I hope to almighty christ that we play the dolphins at some point in the playoffs. i would drink so much my heart would stop.

Steelman16
12-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Personally an AFCC matchup of us against the Jets would be the icing on the cake. I'd like nothing more than to make Brett Favre eat dirt all day long.

:tt02:

Matchup wise, I think we've proven we can own any team you listed.

Sharkissle29
12-15-2008, 01:34 AM
call me crazy, but i want the patriots in the playofs.....

I WANT TO ELIMINATE THEM.

steelwall
12-15-2008, 01:43 AM

Agreed, first the Pats though......putting those 2 out of the playoffs would be the icing on the cake for me.

The Duke
12-15-2008, 01:44 AM
Only team that gives me the heebie geebies is US... We have beat 3 of those teams already and lost to ourselves versus the Colts! So none of them worry me if we play our game and don't panic...

I agree. The only team that can really beat the steelers is the steelers themselves

In a perfect world we'd play the dolphins and then the broncos. But that ain't happeing

The fins are no slouches though

eafratitpm3
12-15-2008, 02:21 AM
If our offense can get on track there's no team that can beat us AFC or NFC. This defense we have is truly exceptional, with an even average offense there isn't a team in the NFL that can play with the Steelers.

Rotorhead
12-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Well the team I would least like to see is Baltimore, but if we beat the Titans next week, we can expect to see them as they will most likely win their playoff game. At least we will have a week to heal. I just would rather save the injury count if possible. I feel confident we can win agains anyone though.

Galax Steeler
12-15-2008, 04:01 AM
I would like to take the patriots out of the playoffs that would be sweet but if we had to play Baltimore again that would make me draw up a little bit they always play us tough.

stillers4me
12-15-2008, 05:28 AM
I don't want to see Baltimore again until next year.

Steelers & I
12-15-2008, 05:37 AM
I'm guessing that we get the Broncos in the divisional round and the Colts @ Heinz Field in the AFC championship game.

Super Bowl: The Steelers beat the Giants.

SteelersMongol
12-15-2008, 06:56 AM
I wanna C us playing against the Dolphins.

HometownGal
12-15-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm with the consensus here - don't want to have to play the Rats again even if it is at HF. Though I believe in my Steelers and feel they could beat them, I, too, don't like the odds of beating them 3 times in a season.

As far as any of the other teams go - I'm not overly concerned.

BritishSteel
12-15-2008, 07:11 AM
I'll let you know after the Titans game.

With the home field I'd be reasonably confident against anyone in the AFC - though if I'd had a preference, I'd look to taking Denver or an AFC East team, and look to avoid Baltimore or Indianapolis.

jjpro11
12-15-2008, 07:15 AM
I'll let you know after the Titans game.

With the home field I'd be reasonably confident against anyone in the AFC - though if I'd had a preference, I'd look to taking Denver or an AFC East team, and look to avoid Baltimore or Indianapolis.

homefield or not, we are the best team in the afc.. our defense is so much more superior to every other teams' defenses its ridiculous.. and we all know defenses win championships. our only loss on the road this year is vs the eagles early in the season, so we can win anywhere vs anyone.

markymarc
12-15-2008, 09:12 AM
I am not worried about any team in the AFC. To be honest I would love to face the Colts again. The 2nd time around it would be a different outcome. We are in the playoffs and that is great news considering we had the toughest schedule in the entire NFL.

NYC SteelersFan
12-15-2008, 10:06 AM
I hope to almighty christ that we play the dolphins at some point in the playoffs. i would drink so much my heart would stop.

lol..I don't understand what one has to do with the other but as long as you're happy.

Personally an AFCC matchup of us against the Jets would be the icing on the cake. I'd like nothing more than to make Brett Favre eat dirt all day long.

Matchup wise, I think we've proven we can own any team you listed.

Only if he retires and the game isn't based on a "controversial" call.

eh.."no Brady" is what they will all say. I too wouldn't get nearly as much satisfaction unless golden boy was playing and got his a$$ handed to him.

Bruce Arian's and the offense is definitely the Steelers ONLY opponent. There is not a team in the league, AFC or NFC, that is good enough to beat this defense. As long as the offense puts up 10 or so points and doesn't make horrific turn over like they have in all of our losses and even yesterday's game. The defense really saved Holmes' a$$.

TackleMeBen
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
i dont know if my sister and i could handle a jets/steelers match up.. last year when the jets won against us, i didnt speak to her for a week i was so mad. and with it being the playoffs, i might be a month i didnt speak to her if were to lose.

i think we can take any team in the AFC, although i with most of you, beating the ravens 3 times in one year is hard. and you know they would be wanting revenge after the game last night.

Steel_Bus_24
12-15-2008, 10:25 AM
I am not worried about any team in the AFC. To be honest I would love to face the Colts again. The 2nd time around it would be a different outcome. We are in the playoffs and that is great news considering we had the toughest schedule in the entire NFL.

Though I think those guys match up the best against us...and Dungy knows Tomlin the best.....

Woodley did not play that game and I think Peyton would eat more grass in a round 2

With that D, we can play with anyone in the AFC...anywhere.........We can truly destroy any team in the AFC if our O starts putting it in the endzone a little more often

Fire Haley
12-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Well the team I would least like to see is Baltimore.

The Ratbirds will end up like the 2007 Browns, 10-6 and out of the playoffs.

The Pats will win their last two, as will the Jets. That's 11-5 for both, and no playoffs for a Ravens team that will get blown out next week.

hindes204
12-15-2008, 02:26 PM
i agree with most of you, i really dont want to see baltimore again, their defense is just too tough

LetsRock
12-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I want to play the Colts (dome team) or the Dolphins (warm weather) in the playoffs. We will not see the Ravens again unless they win their wild-card matchup.

hindes204
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I want to play the Colts (dome team) or the Dolphins (warm weather) in the playoffs. We will not see the Ravens again unless they win their wild-card matchup.

i also like those matchups, a warm weather team or a dome team, at heinz field, in the middle of January......genius!!!!...................heres to -5 dgrees and a blizzard during the game :drink:

ricksteelers55
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I want the Ravens and then the Titans,we want to be the best so we want to win it big by beating the best teams in our Conference

then I WANT THE GIANTS

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't care who it is. I fear NO team in the NFL at this point. We are able to beat any of them, anywhere, anytime.

St33lersguy
12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I want to see us against the Phins or Jets(If they are not destracted enough about being in the playoffs and win in the 1st round). I especially want to beat the crap out of the Jets, it would be an overhyped team with no playoff experience and only one QB who they traded for getting blown out by a veteran team with playoff experience and 3 years removed from a Superbowl win and the NFL "experts" realizing who's the real deal.
I don't want to play the Broncos they scare me :chuckle:

SteelCityKingsVP
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Baltimore is no shoo in guys, they havent clinched anything. And they still have to play Dallas who also has a very stout D, and NEEDS a win just like the Raisins do, however, I see the Boys comin out on top of that. Cuz the Steelers are goin to win out and the either the pats or miami are going to take the purple browns' playoff spot

chrisjohnson
12-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Really. The jets, titans, and broncos, i feel, are all pretenders. Big ones. Especially the jets and titans.

I respect your opinion, but c'mon man the broncos are the biggest pretenders out of everyone. They play in a piss poor division and are very inconsistent.
I think after this week we will know whether or not my titans are pretenders, i'm really hoping that we can hang with you guys and hopefully win, but its gonna be tough.

chrisjohnson