PDA

View Full Version : Nate Washington

FSUBoo
12-15-2008, 01:30 PM
I know that he might have some drops, but isn't this 2 straight weeks that he's come up with huge catches to get us into position to win the games. That's why I like him as our #3 reciever, and I think we should do all that we possibly can to keep him.

fansince'76
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
IMO, Santo's had a worse problem with butterfingers this season than Nate has.

BubbyBrister
12-15-2008, 01:42 PM
nate is about as big of a roller coaster ride as you can get with a receiver in my eyes.
he'll make the deep plays, and some crazy catches, but will drop just as many that he probably should catch.

hes not bad, im just not completely nuts about him...(to be fair, he is proving to be much more valuable this year than any of his previous seasons)

OneForTheToe
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
IMO, Santo's had a worse problem with butterfingers this season than Nate has.

I think Santo just needs to find a way to relax. Now what can Santo do to calm his nerves? :huh:

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
1st drive, 2nd and 6, trying to establish something after holding the Ravens to 3 and out...nate drops a pass that hits him right in the hands.

sigh...all year long

Steelcitygal87
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I like him as the #3 receiver too. He has had some issues with drops but even Hines and Holmes have those as well from time to time. When we needed him on that last drive to get into scoring position he came up big for us! :tt03: I hope he stays too.

FSUBoo
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah, you can nitpick about the early drops, but he is becoming money in the 4th quarter with games on the line.

Steelcitygal87
12-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I think Santo just needs to find a way to relax. Now what can Santo do to calm his nerves? :huh:

LOL.. OH NO, don't want to see THAT happen again. We need him.

fansince'76
12-15-2008, 01:49 PM

:smoker: :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
:smoker: :chuckle:

That is how he ROLLS.

KeiselPower99
12-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Nate has really shown up this year and been money when we need him to be. If Sweed got his crap together think of that 4 wide set with Heath as a 5th reciever.

43Hitman
12-15-2008, 03:52 PM
That is how he ROLLS.

Straight cash homie.:fro:

steelpride12
12-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Washington has stepped up this season drops or not he has proved himself a Steelers receiver. He has become a pretty good deep threat as well as a clutch player and there is not much more you can ask out of a #3 Wide out.

CanadianSteel
12-15-2008, 03:57 PM
we have had trouble all year with dropped balls. Gonna happen from time to time even on chapionship teams however I would like to see a game where the receivers garb all the "catchabe" balls only. I think this would lead to 7 to 10 additional points per game for the offense .... IMO

dustyblades
12-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm with you Canadian. It almost seems like sometimes Hines and Santo are playing down to Nate's level, instead of Nate and Santo playing up to Hines'. Lots of disappointing drops.

I've seen some predictions around here that the O is going to catch on and be a surprise in the stretch. I wonder if just the receivers catching the freaking passes would make that an accurate statement?

public - enemy
12-15-2008, 05:21 PM
The steelers are not going to over pay for this guy. If someone takes him do we recieve comp picks.

ben7
12-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Catching the ball can be a problem, but with the football is not a problem.

ShutDown24
12-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Washington has a few drops but he more than makes up for it and has his entire career with the Steelers. Anyone remember the Denver game in the 05 AFC Championship game? Nate has always been clutch.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Washington has a few drops but he more than makes up for it and has his entire career with the Steelers. Anyone remember the Denver game in the 05 AFC Championship game? Nate has always been clutch.

Yeah, he had one reception the entire game, but it was a 3rd down conversion. Not exactly the game changing play. I like the guy, but cant say he is a clutch receiver and agree that we will not overpay him in free agency as some other team will.

Most likely gonna be his last season in B&G.....I hope its a great one.

SteelCityKingsVP
12-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Im beginning to believe that Santo 420 Holmes hasnt gotten over his FUMBLITUS he had in his rookie year. Yeah, he'll make SOME clutch catches but when we need to get a drive going, he's far to inconsistent to count on. Ben needs to go more with Nate, Hines, and Heath, those are the guys that have the hands on the team. Holmes needs more work

The Duke
12-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Nothing against Santo, but Nate's been better than him this year

Once again, if some team overpays for him I'll have no problem with it, but I hope the steelers can agree to a fair contract with him