PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe it?

tony hipchest
12-15-2008, 10:03 PM
if we take care of business and win the next 2 games the steelers will finish the season with the best record in the league. :tt02: (perhaps in a tie, but the best nevertheless)

i thought 12-4 was a possibility, and 11-5 or 10-6 (and a division win) was probable.

i expected the #4 seed in the playoffs.

but hands down, we faced the toughest schedule ever (even long time reporters and writers such as peter king admit never seeing a road so tough).

many predicted us winning the division with a 9-7 record. that puts us in the same class as the denver broncos and arizona cardinals. :dang:

however, the number 2 seed is ours, and #1 (and the best record) is there for the taking.

un-freaking-believable :tt03:

amidst all the distractions, adversity, shortcomings, and doubters, the steelers have turned in a remarkable season to this point, and the sky is most certainly the limit from here on out.

carpe diem. lets finish this m'fer the right way! :tt:

anyways, sorry for this moment of levity. im sure there is a qb who holds the ball too long, weak o-line, slow willie parker, former brownie OC, or rookie long snapper to bitch about.

....carry on! :popcorn:

jjpro11
12-15-2008, 10:06 PM
everyone kept talking about our hard schedule before the season.. but nobody ever mentioned the fact that we were a tough opponent on our opponent's schedule as well. team's saw the steelers on the schedule and thought that is a tough game ahead. just because we were going out and playing good teams doesnt mean we were inferior to any of them.

steelwall
12-15-2008, 10:08 PM
if we take care of business and win the next 2 games the steelers will finish the season with the best record in the league. :tt02: (perhaps in a tie, but the best nevertheless)

i thought 12-4 was a possibility, and 11-5 or 10-6 (and a division win) was probable.

but hands down, we faced the toughest schedule ever (even long time reporters and writers such as peter king admit never seeing a road so tough).

many predicted us winning the division with a 9-7 record. that puts us in the same class as the denver broncos and arizona cardinals. :dang:

however, the number 2 seed is ours, and #1 (and the best record) is there for the taking.

amidst all the distractions, adversity, shortcomings, and doubters, the steelers have turned in a remarkable season to this point, and the sky is most certainly the limit from here on out.

anyways, sorry for this moment of levity. im sure there is a qb who holds the ball too long, weak o-line, slow willie parker, former brownie OC, or rookie long snapper to bitch about.

Good post :thumbsup: and I couldnt agree more.

With all the nay sayers and bashers, this team has exceeded all my expectations for this season, and right on, the sky is the limit now.

Edit: as well as some picking us to be at the bottom of the division.

BlackAndGold4Ever
12-15-2008, 10:31 PM
When the 2008 schedule was released i said oh :poop: lol. I really thought I'd be happy with a 10-6 record and sneek into the playoffs. As the season progressed I've found myself being very critical of the offence, Arians, no run game, etc, etc, etc:blah: Meanwhile we are now 11-3 with a pretty good shot of finishing the reg season with a record of 13-3!:thumbsup: I'm still gonna bitch and complain about what we need to do different, but no matter what I couldn't be prouder of this team and cannot wait for the playoffs:tt02:

bratsinmybelly
12-15-2008, 11:54 PM
This franchise has always loved a challenge. I'm not shocked at all that they are doing well under such adverse conditions (schedule, injuries, etc.). If they can avoid a divisional let down against a lesser opponent, they will be poised to bring it home!!

Polamalu43Defense!
12-16-2008, 12:23 AM
No I honestly can't believe it, but at the same time, ITS THE STEELERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :tt02: Did you ever really doubt the greatest franchise in the nfl??? I know I say this not trying to predict the future but it's hard not to, and i really think it's going to happen again...BRING ON DA COLTS!!!! :tt:

Galax Steeler
12-16-2008, 03:26 AM
I thought we were in trouble when I saw the scedule and of the three games we lost two of them should have been one against the Colts and the Giants we gave them games away but this team is a fighter and I hope they don't let up these last two games I would love to see the number one seed and the games come through Pittsburgh.

stillers4me
12-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Do I believe it? Hell yeah! This is the same team that went into the playoffs as a 6th seed and walked away with the prize! Don't tell Ben that he can't do it........because he'll prove you wrong every time. And despite the all the the faults of this team and it's various coaches, I honestly feel that Mike Tomlin was an upgrade over a very, very good Bill Cowher.

Get used to it Steelers fans.........Tomlin has raised the bar in Pittsburgh and will tolerate no "standard of expectation" other than the very highest from his players. We're in for a wild ride..........and a few heart attacks along the way! :tt02:

Eff that schedule and Eff the naysayers! We're the Pittsburgh Steelers and we not going away!

Hammer Of The GODS
12-16-2008, 06:07 AM
Do I believe it? Hell yeah! This is the same team that went into the playoffs as a 6th seed and walked away with the prize! Don't tell Ben that he can't do it........because he'll prove you wrong every time. And despite the all the the faults of this team and it's various coaches, I honestly feel that Mike Tomlin was an upgrade over a very, very good Bill Cowher.

Get used to it Steelers fans.........Tomlin has raised the bar in Pittsburgh and will tolerate no "standard of expectation" other than the very highest from his players. We're in for a wild ride..........and a few heart attacks along the way! :tt02:

Eff that schedule and Eff the naysayers! We're the Pittsburgh Steelers and we not going away!

Well said!

HometownGal
12-16-2008, 06:44 AM

AMEN sister! :tt03::tt02::drink:

When I looked at that schedule, I felt the Steelers would finish 10-6 at best, but still win the division as I didn't expect the Ratfinks to be hot on our trail throughout the season. We went into their house this past Sunday and took the division crown which is rightfully ours. :tt02:

This team has the fight to go all the way and I believe they are just gonna do it! :tt03:

Steelers Since '75
12-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I heard that Goodeal was personally setting up the schedule next year and he has the Steelers playing every playoff team from this year... he's even going to remove our division games against the Brownies and Bungles because he thinks they are too easy... instead we will play the Ratbirds 6 times... :rofl:

markymarc
12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
This has been an amazing season. Now we just have to finish the season and show this season was no fluke.

steelpride12
12-16-2008, 10:07 AM
I said it before the season if we would just make the playoffs we would be a huge threat and knowing we could make #1 seed with the hardest schedule in many years for any time.

Im starting to have a gut feeling which i won't speak of now, but its good one right now and the Steelers will just keep on rolling.

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I love the tougher schedule. No let down games to the Cardinals, Jets or Broncos like last year. We should have been 13-3 last season.

This year, right now, the goal is 12-3.

Beat those Effing Titans!

steelreserve
12-16-2008, 11:23 AM

Exactly! Fricking Parker.

MACH1
12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Yep....When I first seen the schedule I thought uh oh, 10-6 maybe 11-5. By no means did I ever imagine 11-3 at this point in the season let alone a chance for the fricken #1 seed.

:tt02::tt02:GO STEELERS :tt02::tt02:

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I perdicted 9-7 and I'm sticking to tha.....nevermind.

I'm higher than a kite on the 4th of July

DACEB
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM

Don't be a smart arse Tony!!

lets finish this m'fer the right way! :tt:

I'm with you m'fer!! I've got the B&G shades on, gimme the W! The Chase For Six!:tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
12-16-2008, 12:30 PM
It's definitely been a great year and it's only going to get better. :tt02::tt02:

The_WARDen
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I had them at 10-6 so they already proved me wrong..

:tt03:

xlchamps
12-16-2008, 01:08 PM
well guys when i first saw the schdule for the 2008 season, i told all my friends who b hatin on da steelers dat we'll b 12-4, but i was realli thinkin to myslef "we b lucky to win 11 games next yr." But thank God my steelers proved me wrong, and i would like to apologize to all da steelers fans out their that i doubted our team, nvr again will i doubt. Plus i do think we'll beat titans, cuz like i told all my friend good d but if u can stop titans smash and dash then titans arent what the record said they are. But hey guys you no wat this is right.......STEEL CURTAIN BABI!.....HELL YEA!:tt02::tt::tt03:

Sharkissle29
12-16-2008, 01:17 PM
i wonder why the media isnt making this such a big deal, when they did when the schedules initially came out. why hasnt our #1 strength of schedule been taken into consideration as far as the media is concerned with an 11-3 record?

xlchamps
12-16-2008, 01:37 PM
i wonder why the media isnt making this such a big deal, when they did when the schedules initially came out. why hasnt our #1 strength of schedule been taken into consideration as far as the media is concerned with an 11-3 record?

I no right, nd it pisses me off, cuz all they tlk bout is smack wen it comes to steelers. Like last wk wit the cowboys, they tlk bout how we should've lost, instead of tlkin bout how the d played absoultely well nd dat big ben, wen the time comes wins the big ones for us rite.

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 01:37 PM
English is your second language?

xlchamps
12-16-2008, 01:40 PM
English is your second language?

no, i just use slang, i will quit if you guys like. For now on, i will use proper grammar.

revefsreleets
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I had us 11-5 to 13-3. But I also said the Steelers FO knew what they were doing, so what do I know?

mopit55
12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
win over titans will be a very advantage to take teams in playoff at heinz field.for pronostic at afc final game steelers-colts at heinz field.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
When the 2008 schedule was released i said oh :poop: lol. I really thought I'd be happy with a 10-6 record and sneek into the playoffs. As the season progressed I've found myself being very critical of the offence, Arians, no run game, etc, etc, etc:blah: Meanwhile we are now 11-3 with a pretty good shot of finishing the reg season with a record of 13-3!:thumbsup: I'm still gonna bitch and complain about what we need to do different, but no matter what I couldn't be prouder of this team and cannot wait for the playoffs:tt02:

honestly, i was a bit of a naysayer from the get-go. i was SO worried about what'd happen this year. i was gunning for 10-6 too. but after week 6 i said 13-3. so far...that might be the right call. =)

i'm loving Tomlins record this year and i'm loving how every game we play is big...i mean BIG and meaningful. except the Browns and Bengals. but we'll take a win and make it count. every win means something...but the Titans game is going to be gigantic and the Browns game is going to be a record breaker -- the most Browns fan getting kicked out of Heinz Feild for the largest mental breakdown on record. =)

Makaveli
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Hmmmm,.....i said 12-4 and bounced from the playoffs via interceptions:scratchchin:
Do i break out the pom, poms because we escaped the ravens ? Naaah,...don't own any Pom, Pom's,......

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
no, i just use slang, i will quit if you guys like. For now on, i will use proper grammar.

thanks. it looked like i was reading a text message from a 15 year old girl while she was latr for class!!! haha! kidding.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Hmmmm,.....i said 12-4 and bounced from the playoffs via interceptions:scratchchin:
Do i break out the pom, poms because we escaped the ravens ? Naaah,...don't own any Pom, Pom's,......

seriously, how do you NOT own Pom Poms!? haha! kidding.

i have a good feeling this year. Ben has alot of big games to handle and he handled them very well. i have faith man. real, true, unflinhing faith. =)

stillers4me
12-16-2008, 05:53 PM

I think I saw some pink ones laying around that someone left here last night...........:chuckle:

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I think I saw some pink ones laying around that someone left here last night...........:chuckle:

:toofunny::toofunny:

blue2noise
12-16-2008, 07:03 PM

Was that the proper grammar?:chuckle:

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM

there is NOT such thing. =)

reminds me of Ralph Wiggum "me fail English? that's UNpossible!" LOL!

xlchamps
12-17-2008, 11:21 AM

No it wasn't. But geese guys, you crack down dont you? Lol!:laughing:

Fire Haley
12-17-2008, 11:25 AM
'Geese guys"?

Get tha flock outta here!

xlchamps
12-17-2008, 11:29 AM
'Geese guys"?

Get tha flock outta here!

Do you got a problem with me man? Cause I was just messing, but you taking things way to far buddy.

Fire Haley
12-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I wha jus messin wit chur messin

Steely McSmash
12-17-2008, 11:47 AM
I was thinking that the winner of the division was going to be maybe 10-6, or 9-7.

It's been a gutsy year for the Stillers

xlchamps
12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I wha jus messin wit chur messin

aite jus makin sure

Makaveli
12-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Naaah,...not really my style. But,(cue the theme song) "Thank you for being a frieeeeeend,.......traveled down the road and back again":chuckle::chuckle: