PDA

View Full Version : AFC East Complications

JPPT1974
12-16-2008, 05:29 AM
Who do you think will win the AFC East?
Hopefully it ain't New England as ESPN MNF guys say they will.
All due to their easy schedule. If the Pats make it to the SB without Brady, I will be really surprised!:blah:

Steelcitygal87
12-16-2008, 06:12 AM
Well, the Patriots are playing really good football right now. Their remaining schedule is at home vs Arizona and @Buffalo. I can see them winning both those games. But of the 3(Fins, Pats and Jets) they have the weakest defense.

The Fins have a very good qb who, quite frankly, has surprised me a little with how well he has played this year. Plus they have a very good defense-best player being Joey Porter. Their remaining games are: @KC(should be an easy win,although they were leading by a pretty big margin vs Chargers last week, but ended up blowing it in the end)and @NY-VERY interesting game. While I like Miami's defense, NY has a pretty good one as well(Abram Elam, Shaun Ellis, Revis) but in the end it will come down to Joey getting pressure on Brett, if he does that and keeps it up all game long then the Fins win, because Brett will throw interceptions. Also the JETS D has got to do a better job of getting pressure on the qb( in their win against the Bills, Losman had ALL DAY to sit back in the pocket and throw the ball).They did a very poor job of stopping the run too, Lynch ran wild on them. Plus the Jets have a very big weapon in Leon Washington, who is a difference maker!

The JETS are @Seattle and then home to the Fins. The Jets didn't do so well against west coast teams- the 49ers, Raiders. Plus they are kind of unpredictable...they should not have had such a hard time against the BIlls last Sunday, but yet, had it not been for a very BAD play call at the end of that game, they would have lost. And as I stated in my above paragraph, their D had NOTHING of a pass rush against the Bills and they could not stop the run. They were lucky to have won that game. In this weeks game against the Seahawks- Matt H. is not playing-he is out with a back injury, and Seattle doesn't have a running game, so I think the Jets should win this one. Then their last game is home against the Fins.

This is a difficult one to call though, because the teams are pretty even in all categories. Defense wins championships, that being the case, I think the Fins have the best D of all 3 of those teams. I also have a LITTLE more faith in Pennington than I do in Cassell and Brett.

BrandonCarr39
12-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Who do you think will win the AFC East?
Hopefully it ain't New England as ESPN MNF guys say they will.
All due to their easy schedule. If the Pats make it to the SB without Brady, I will be really surprised!:blah:

Both NE and Miami should win their remaining games to finish at 11-5 each. The Jets, OTOH, are proven frauds. Favre doesn't mesh well in the vertical passing game. Not sure who wins the tiebreaker though.

With that being said-Parcells/Sporano have done an outstanding job turning around that Dolphins team. This is the 5th franchise Parcells has made competitive almost immediately.

revefsreleets
12-17-2008, 08:35 AM
I hope the Pats go 11-5 and DON'T make the playoffs. But I think Arizona will beat them anyway, so...

stlrtruck
12-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I think Miami will win the east by way of destroying the BRETTS the last game of the year!

The_WARDen
12-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Pennington beating Favre to win the AFC East, I'd love it!

:applaudit:

43Hitman
12-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Pennington beating Favre to win the AFC East, I'd love it!

:applaudit:

Now that would be Karma..

The Patriot
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I hope the Pats go 11-5 and DON'T make the playoffs. But I think Arizona will beat them anyway, so...

No, you don't.

St33lersguy
12-17-2008, 02:53 PM
I do think the Pats have an edge because they have a lot of playoff experience while the Jets and Phins have none. I don't think the Jets can handle winning nor expectations and I wonder whether Miami can handle being in playoff position or crunch time or whether they get overexcited. The pats sought SB 43 following losing 42. I think the Jets and phins are getting too overexcited to focus on games. I think the Pats do it even though they don't get to play the other two in week 17

revefsreleets
12-18-2008, 11:01 AM
No, you don't.Yes, I do...the more spirit crushing the better when it comes to the Pats.

missedgehead
12-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Well,I am holding my nose and rooting for the Cowboys Saturday night and hoping they beat the Ravens, and I dislike them, except for Barber, Ware, and Romo. Got to do what I can to help out my Patriots as they, the Ratbirds, the NY Bretts, and the FIns are batting for that #6 seed etc.

I am hoping that Seattle and KC can somehow prevent the NY Bretts and the Fins respectively from running the table as well.

I really would like to see all three of my teams (STeelers, Patriots and Giants) in the playoffs.

Sorry, that is how I feel.

The Duke
12-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Well,I am holding my nose and rooting for the Cowboys Saturday night and hoping they beat the Ravens, and I dislike them, except for Barber, Ware, and Romo. Got to do what I can to help out my Patriots as they, the Ratbirds, the NY Bretts, and the FIns are batting for that #6 seed etc.

I am hoping that Seattle and KC can somehow prevent the NY Bretts and the Fins respectively from running the table as well.

I really would like to see all three of my teams (STeelers, Patriots and Giants) in the playoffs.

Sorry, that is how I feel.

Sorry, you are a bandwagoner :coffee:

And btw, new england is getting eliminated this weekend

missedgehead
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Sorry, you are a bandwagoner :coffee:

And btw, new england is getting eliminated this weekend

I have been a Steeler fan probably longer since you were alive buddy. How old are you, dude, 12? Been a fan since the 70s when they were REALLY the STeelers. Trust me, the STeelers of the 70s would rip this current team apart. At least the Steelers of the 70s had a REAL QB (4 rings). I don't think you can label me a bandwagoner when you don't even freaking KNOW me.

If you want my opinion, I think you and alot of other STeeler fans on here are the ones with the ISSUES.

You have an issue with

1. Fans like me who like more than one team.
2. Fans like me who like a team (The Patriots) that I think alot of Steeler fans have a VERY UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH as far as HATRED TOWARDS.
3. arrogance and being very judgemental: First off, don't be so sure the Pats are being eliminated this weekend. As a horse racing fan, I have a saying, "Anything can happen once they open the gates." If they are , they are. Would be kind of sad if they are eliminated finishing with a 11-5 record which I believe they will and a crap team like oh the Chargers or Denver gets in. Chargers or Denver have no chance in hell of doing anything in the damned playoff and anyone with half a brain knows it. The other crap team that will get in is either the Dolphins or the Jets. Pfffffft. Yeah, they are gonna do jackshit in the playoffs. Right. One and done!!! Sure.. Have you seen how those teams are playing lately? Didn't think so. Of course, if the Cowpokes don't make it easier, it will make it easier. As far as the judgemental, like I said, you don't know me do you , punk? Kind of bold to say I am a bandwagonner when I have been a Steeler fan for 30 years or more. Ever hear of Carnegie Mellon University? I didn't think so. I went there 20 years ago so chill.

Sorry for sounding off, but I do not appreciate anyone telling me I am a bandwaggon Steeler fan when they don't know me. Sorry. I don't take that too well.

fansince'76
12-20-2008, 09:34 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah:

43Hitman
12-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I have been a Steeler fan probably longer since you were alive buddy. How old are you, dude, 12? Been a fan since the 70s when they were REALLY the STeelers. Trust me, the STeelers of the 70s would rip this current team apart. At least the Steelers of the 70s had a REAL QB (4 rings). I don't think you can label me a bandwagoner when you don't even freaking KNOW me.

If you want my opinion, I think you and alot of other STeeler fans on here are the ones with the ISSUES.

You have an issue with

2. Fans like me who like a team (The Patriots) that I think alot of Steeler fans have a VERY UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH as far as HATRED TOWARDS.
3. arrogance and being very judgemental: First off, don't be so sure the Pats are being eliminated this weekend. As a horse racing fan, I have a saying, "Anything can happen once they open the gates." If they are , they are. Would be kind of sad if they are eliminated finishing with a 11-5 record which I believe they will and a crap team like oh the Chargers or Denver gets in. Chargers or Denver have no chance in hell of doing anything in the damned playoff and anyone with half a brain knows it. The other crap team that will get in is either the Dolphins or the Jets. Pfffffft. Yeah, they are gonna do jackshit in the playoffs. Right. One and done!!! Sure.. Have you seen how those teams are playing lately? Didn't think so. Of course, if the Cowpokes don't make it easier, it will make it easier. As far as the judgemental, like I said, you don't know me do you , punk? Kind of bold to say I am a bandwagonner when I have been a Steeler fan for 30 years or more. Ever hear of Carnegie Mellon University? I didn't think so. I went there 20 years ago so chill.

Sorry for sounding off, but I do not appreciate anyone telling me I am a bandwaggon Steeler fan when they don't know me. Sorry. I don't take that too well.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: So have you been a Patriots* fan for 30 years too? How about the Giants? Sorry but it's hard to take you seriously.:jerkit:

The Patriot
12-21-2008, 08:32 AM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: So have you been a Patriots* fan for 30 years too? How about the Giants? Sorry but it's hard to take you seriously.:jerkit:

She's three times the fan you'll ever be. :chuckle:

43Hitman
12-21-2008, 08:38 AM
She's three times the fan you'll ever be. :chuckle:

:laughing: Touche' man Touche' :drink:

Jaquila
12-21-2008, 11:37 AM

You have an issue with

ok so you are a bandwagoner and a old one too haha sry to say, but you are a bandwagoner

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 09:02 AM
How about Arizona? Phone in games much there Cards? Jeesh!

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I want to see Pennington beat Favvvvvvre and J-E-T-S.

Watching all the Jets fans blowing up would be good fun.

Fire Haley
12-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Here's the scenarios

Let the other teams squirm.

Jets win, Patriots win, Ravens win - Patriots and Ravens go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots win, Ravens lose - Patriots and Jets go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots lose, Ravens win - Ravens and Jets go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots lose, Ravens lose - Jets and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots win, Ravens win - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots win, Ravens lose - Patriots and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots lose, Ravens win - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots lose, Ravens lose - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

xfl2001fan
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Interesting. What's really pitiful about this is that (potentially) there could be an 11-5 team who misses out of the playoffs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
I would like to see the Dolphins win their way in, but I think they will lose and the Patriots will win the east.

Either way, how is that Favre, Faneca, Pace, Jenkins spending actually paying off for the J-E-T-S? :noidea:

The_WARDen
12-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I want to see Pennington beat Favvvvvvre and J-E-T-S.

Watching all the Jets fans blowing up would be good fun.

Go C-H-A-D ! Beat the J-E-T-S !

Godfather
12-22-2008, 08:55 PM

I like this scenario. Suck it Pats* and Ratbirds.

Of course, I'll also take a Miami win because that would basically mean the Pats* are SOL. I don't see the ratbbirds losing to the Jags.

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Here's the scenarios

Let the other teams squirm.

Jets win, Patriots win, Ravens win - Patriots and Ravens go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots win, Ravens lose - Patriots and Jets go to playoffs

Jets win, Patriots lose, Ravens win - Ravens and Jets go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots win, Ravens win - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots win, Ravens lose - Patriots and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots lose, Ravens win - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Jets lose, Patriots lose, Ravens lose - Ravens and Miami go to playoffs

Been doing your research their eh???

Fire Haley
12-23-2008, 04:10 AM
I stole it from a Jets board and cleaned it up a bit for your viewing pleasure.

revefsreleets
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I don't care who gets in...although I'd prefer to beat the Pats and Titans en route to the Super Bowl.