PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards wants out of Cleveland?

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Like rats leaving a sinking ship.

....blasting the fans on the way out. :hatsoff:

December 16, 2008 2:39 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

PHILADELPHIA -- You kind of saw this one coming.

With the Cleveland Browns struggling mightily and Braylon Edwards in the midst of a rough season, the star receiver finally let his emotions flow following their 30-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Edwards had one of his better games this year with five catches for 102 yards, but he was not in a good mood after team failed to score an offensive touchdown for the fourth straight game.

Apparently Edwards has been upset with trade rumors and also had some choice words for the fans and media, who have been on him this season for his inconsistency and leading the NFL in dropped passes.

"I do want to be here next year and everyone wants it to be a perfect situation, but that does not always happen," Edwards said. "I just have to do what is asked of me no matter where I end up playing. I have realized since being in Cleveland that the organization appreciates me but not the fans and the media. Since day one I have been a marked man."

Add Edwards to the growing list of unhappy players in Cleveland.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-1-320/Edward%20s-wants-out-of-Cleveland-.html

chucoblack&gold
12-16-2008, 11:51 AM
that clown is overrated, dont let the door hit you on the way out.

X-Terminator
12-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Maybe instead of whining like a little girl, how about he ask Santa for a pair of hands? What a crybaby.

Edman
12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Braylon Edwards was garbage all year. Even Nate Washington found better hands this this overrated chiseler. How about doing something more than showing up in a game where you don't blown out and the season already out of reach? Maybe then you'll be appreciated more. You bum.

Cleveland should let him go. He's not worth it.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-16-2008, 01:09 PM
He is the most overrated Brown Stain on the team

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 01:13 PM

I would wager KW2 is higher on that list.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-16-2008, 01:17 PM
I would wager KW2 is higher on that list.

I think KW2 is a bigger threat and a better ball player than Edwards is...(dont get me wrong.... i dont like either)

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 01:17 PM
i don't blame him whatsoever.

do you know how many people picked him and Stallworth up for Fantasy Football this year, along with Derek Anderson, and they totally tanked? that's so sad that someone like Kellen Winslow says he'd love to stay a Cleveland Brown regardless of the outcome of the season and someone like Edwards wants out as soon as times get tough. -- maybe they should take some advice from Jerome Bettis and take a bit of a paycut and stay with the team that got you where you are and maybe you'll be greatly rewarded with a Super Bowl.

i wonder if he's regretting that bet with Michael Phelps!? haha!

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 01:48 PM
C'mon - everybody knows the real reason Brayon is hated by the Browns smalltown homerific fans - he's from Michigan.

They'd take Tressel for a HC just because he's a Buckeye.

Hilarious

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-16-2008, 01:57 PM
They'd take Tressel for a HC just because he's a Buckeye.

Uh, about every browns fan I've known has said No to that..Just no.

And no ones cares if he is from Meatchicken or not, Hell, I have the guys jersey.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 02:09 PM
i always wanted to ask, are Cleveland Browns jerseys made from orange and brown cloth, or are they dyed with poop and pumpkin guts!? haha!

how come everytime the Browns and the Bengals play, it looks like Halloween is trying to get up on Thanksgiving!? haha!

seriously, you have his jersey? what, was it the only one on the discount rack!? =)

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Uh, about every browns fan I've known has said No to that..Just no.

And no ones cares if he is from Meatchicken or not, Hell, I have the guys jersey.

I'm not picking on you, it's just an observation from reading around the Browns boards.

I can Guar-damn-tee you that Beanie Wells's name is dripping off the lips of every draft talk thread in Browntown.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not picking on you, it's just an observation from reading around the Browns boards.

I can Guar-damn-tee you that Beanie Wells's name is dripping off the lips of every draft talk thread in Browntown.

Well, all the ones I've read have him pretty low on the list of coaching candidates.

And with Chris Wells, there was a time when that was brought up, but we'd prefer to have Rey Meyluaga from USC. :)

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
iseriously, you have his jersey? what, was it the only one on the discount rack!? =)

I bought it back in the summer. I was thinking he would repeat his pro bowl season and we'd be battling it out with the Steelers for a Playoff spot.

I was wrong.

Godfather
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
He wants out of the Mistake by the Lake? He's smarter than I thought.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I bought it back in the summer. I was thinking he would repeat his pro bowl season and we'd be battling it out with the Steelers for a Playoff spot.

I was wrong.

you thought wrong? you thought WRONG!? guess what pal, EVERYTHING about the Browns is wrong. everything you think you know and everything you would LOVE to have about the Browns is WRONG!!! oh so wrong my friend! =)

sorry, that came off harsh! haha! -- seriously, i had high hopes for the Browns to atleast be contenders this year too. i have alot of friends who are Browns fan and they hate the Steelers. now the only root for the teams playing against us. look at it this way, if you have a cruddy season...atleast you have 30 other teams to choose from to like...but only if they play against us. haha!

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
i always wanted to ask, are Cleveland Browns jerseys made from orange and brown cloth, or are they dyed with poop and pumpkin guts!? haha!

how come everytime the Browns and the Bengals play, it looks like Halloween is trying to get up on Thanksgiving!? haha!

seriously, you have his jersey? what, was it the only one on the discount rack!? =)

I've got a BE jersey as well. I've had it since his 2nd season. (Mine was a gift though.)

Still wear it for the games and drink from my Browns mug. It's about enjoying my team no matter what. I'm a real fan. While I don't doubt there are many real Steelers fans here, it's been so long since your team has consistently sucked, that for many, there is no way to tell whether they're real fans or just long-term bandwagon fans. The truth of fanhood isn't found in success, but in failure.

With that said, I think this is being blown out of proportion. (I know, how shocking that the Media would sensationalize something.) He said he's frustrated with the fans and media giving him a hard time about his drops. Can you blame the fans and media? Probably not. Can you blame him? He's likely already frustrated about his drops with the added caveat of getting reminded constantly. I imagine it's getting old fast.

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Oh, and before anyone asks...

NO!

You can't have Urban Meyer either.

Go Gators!!!

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
you thought wrong? you thought WRONG!? guess what pal, EVERYTHING about the Browns is wrong. everything you think you know and everything you would LOVE to have about the Browns is WRONG!!! oh so wrong my friend! =)

sorry, that came off harsh! haha! -- seriously, i had high hopes for the Browns to atleast be contenders this year too. i have alot of friends who are Browns fan and they hate the Steelers. now the only root for the teams playing against us. look at it this way, if you have a cruddy season...atleast you have 30 other teams to choose from to like...but only if they play against us. haha!

He didn't say he thought wrong...he said he was wrong. Check your own quoted version bro. :flap: If you're going to give a guy a hard time about something he said, at least get what he said right.

NO!

Go Gators!!!

Who wants him? He'd likely try to bring his college level system to the Browns. We had a coach once (who coached a Florida school no less) that came to us thinking he could bring his system and his players. We did back into the playoffs one year...then got smacked back out by the Steelers. No thanks. You can keep the guy.

revefsreleets
12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
This is the most classic case of projection and transference I've ever seen. Let's see...the Browns fans heckle their receiver who drops half the balls thrown his way NOT for that, but because he's from Michigan?

Retarded.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
This is the most classic case of projection and transference I've ever seen. Let's see...the Browns fans heckle their receiver who drops half the balls thrown his way NOT for that, but because he's from Michigan?

Retarded.

You guys have plenty of players from Ohio. I don't see any of you guys hating on them because they came from the Buckeye state.

Us "heckling" him has to do with him dropping the ball every other drop.

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 03:21 PM

Retarded.

What, specifically are you talking about? If it was to anything I said, the second half was referring to Urban Myer (and Butch Davis.)

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=xfl2001fan;499142]He didn't say he thought wrong...he said he was wrong. Check your own quoted version bro. :flap: If you're going to give a guy a hard time about something he said, at least get what he said right.

why don't YOU RE-CHECK it...BRO! i apologize later for being too harsh. i'm just picking on the guy. it doesn't matter what he said or how he said it...the fact is...i said what i said and i apologized. i actually get along with him along with my 15 other friends who are Browns fans.

dude, you want to sit there and talk about die hards and bandwagoners and sticking it out through the thick and thin...i've been there. i was born in Pittsburgh. being a Steeler fan is a birthright and a way of life. you don't think i cried for the Super Bowl loss AND the Super Bowl win? you don't think i got frustrated with Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox? you don't think i hate Ben's 8-8 season? but guess what, we're back ontop now and i'm loving it. something else man, even if we lose int he playoffs and we don't do well...we still have a solid franchise and we still have a solid fan base AND we'll still have a rivalry (lopsided and piss poor) with you guys. with or without us, there'll always be Steeler fans and always be Browns fans. i don't hate Browns fans, the Browns, or any of the players, but i LOVE this rivalry. i bust Browns fans chops cause of their shitty season and i respect the fact you ride it out through the hard times. WE DO IT TOO! we've done it and we'll always do it. i don't know a single bandwagoner in my circle of friends who doesn't love and respect the Steelers more than the next man.

either way, there are die hards and haters. and i'm die hard about hating fairweather fans. i think you can agree with me on that one. =)

*sigh*
done...

Preacher
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM

Dude... I know I am not a mod... but seriously.. this ain't the blast furnace.

There was no reason to suspect that Braylon wouldn't have a good season this season. He had another WR to take pressure off him and a TE that defenses had to pay attention to. We all thought that a QB switch would be made by the 3rd or 4th game, and Edwards would only benefit by that switch.

I don't want idiot trolls bringing smack into these threads. . . so can we police ourselves and not bring it in? Mods have enough to do with all the spammers....

BTW. . . if it was in the blast furnace... hilarious!! :chuckle:

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
You guys have plenty of players from Ohio. I don't see any of you guys hating on them because they came from the Buckeye state.

Us "heckling" him has to do with him dropping the ball every other drop.

we only "heckle" out of love. haha!

besides, wasn't it the Cleveland Browns who booed Derek Anderson for getting hurt!? where's the love and comradery on that one dude!?

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
don't get me wrong, i think Braylon Edwards is a remarkable player. but he really stunk it up this year and a little riff raff isn't going to hurt anyone. right? =)

CB1977
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM

NO!

Go Gators!!!

I know Urban Meyer. He's from my hometown (Ashtabula, OH) and comes back on occasion. I really don't think he would want to leave sunny Florida for Ohio weather. Besides, they absolutely love him down there and treat him like gold.

GO GATORS!!!!

revefsreleets
12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm talking solely about what Braylon said himself. HE blamed his being from Michigan on the hate he's feeling from the fans. I'm merely stating that if he caught all the goddamned balls that keep bouncing off his hands, nobody would be heckling anyone for anything.

HE is a retard.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-16-2008, 03:40 PM
wrong thread.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I've got a BE jersey as well. I've had it since his 2nd season. (Mine was a gift though.)

Still wear it for the games and drink from my Browns mug. It's about enjoying my team no matter what. I'm a real fan. While I don't doubt there are many real Steelers fans here, it's been so long since your team has consistently sucked, that for many, there is no way to tell whether they're real fans or just long-term bandwagon fans. The truth of fanhood isn't found in success, but in failure.

With that said, I think this is being blown out of proportion. (I know, how shocking that the Media would sensationalize something.) He said he's frustrated with the fans and media giving him a hard time about his drops. Can you blame the fans and media? Probably not. Can you blame him? He's likely already frustrated about his drops with the added caveat of getting reminded constantly. I imagine it's getting old fast.

Well said brownie. Sometimes I wish the Steelers would really suck for about 2 years so we could purge a lot of the "long term bandwagoners". Then we wouldn't have to argue about how Willie sucks, Ben sucks, Ariens sucks, the Rooney's are cheap, yada, yada, yada.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm talking solely about what Braylon said himself. HE blamed his being from Michigan on the hate he's feeling from the fans. I'm merely stating that if he caught all the goddamned balls that keep bouncing off his hands, nobody would be heckling anyone for anything.

HE is a retard.

Your right. He should only blame himself for his drops.

SteelCityKing
"purge the bandwagoners!?" haha! sounds like you want to drop them off a cliff...or worse...leave them to fend for themselves onthe mean streets of Drew Carey-ville. haha!

brick
Braylon Edwards was garbage all year. Even Nate Washington found better hands this this overrated chiseler. How about doing something more than showing up in a game where you don't blown out and the season already out of reach? Maybe then you'll be appreciated more. You bum.

Cleveland should let him go. He's not worth it.

and thats saying something! :chuckle:

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 03:44 PM
"purge the bandwagoners!?" haha! sounds like you want to drop them off a cliff...or worse...leave them to fend for themselves onthe mean streets of Drew Carey-ville. haha!

Is there something wrong with that?:flap:

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 03:56 PM

HE is a retard.

Ahh, my bad. I didn't catch all of that...then again, he's being paid millions of dollars to catch a ball and failing at it. So I don't pay much attention to anything he has to say. This is a season where Joe J was sorely missed more so than any other Pass Catcher we had.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Is there something wrong with that?:flap:

not a thing dude. i was just wondering if you needed any help with the purge. i bet you could use a few blue collared hard working men to dump some of the freeloaders! haha! -- i know a few...and i'm not one of them. i'll be the lookout. =)

steelpride12
12-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Edwards just is not having a good season with his drops. He shouldn't make drama asking to leave because of of their record. It is a team effort and his drops lost them a few games.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
IF Edwards left Cleveland, where would he fit in and would the Steelers find someone expendible to slip him in the roster?

*this is only a half serious post* ;)

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Edwards isn't going anywhere. There aren't very many teams willing to trade for him (especially now that Matt Millen is gone) what the Browns would likely ask.

As for fitting in with the Steelers, that's one of two teams I'm confident that the Browns would never trade him to. (The other being the Purple Rabies).

He's still a talented WR. I wonder if he shouldn't have his eyes looked at to see how his depth perception is...because that seems a likely cause for lots of drops.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Edwards isn't going anywhere. There aren't very many teams willing to trade for him (especially now that Matt Millen is gone) what the Browns would likely ask.

As for fitting in with the Steelers, that's one of two teams I'm confident that the Browns would never trade him to. (The other being the Purple Rabies).

He's still a talented WR. I wonder if he shouldn't have his eyes looked at to see how his depth perception is...because that seems a likely cause for lots of drops.

Now that is insightful.:chuckle:

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Purple Rabies!!? haha! good one. i love these posts cause you guys always think of bad ass nicknames for other teams. i personally like the Raisins! HAHA!

i don't think Pittsburgh would take Edwards anyways. aside from the fact he's a good player, he just wouldn't fit in with the scheme and the feel of the team. like Cedrick Wilson and Najeh Davenport. the Rooneys don't take well to deliquents and trouble makers. i'm not saying Edwards is that, but he'd bring unwanted attention tot he franchise. make sense?

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Purple Rabies!!? haha! good one. i love these posts cause you guys always think of bad ass nicknames for other teams. i personally like the Raisins! HAHA!

i don't think Pittsburgh would take Edwards anyways. aside from the fact he's a good player, he just wouldn't fit in with the scheme and the feel of the team. like Cedrick Wilson and Najeh Davenport. the Rooneys don't take well to deliquents and trouble makers. i'm not saying Edwards is that, but he'd bring unwanted attention tot he franchise. make sense?

IDK, I think KW2 is more of an image problem than BE. BE is actually a pretty good kid, well spoken and such. He's not into the thug life (you know, going into a club wearing sweatpants and toting a gun...) He's upset with all the extra scrutiny...granted, he's brought that onto himself, but there it is anyways.

I don't think he fits the Pittsburgh image more because of the mental lapses and untimely lack of effort when things seem to be going bad. Tomlin would likely eat his ass up if he was a Steeler and not running through his routes hard/properly and such.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
IDK, I think KW2 is more of an image problem than BE. BE is actually a pretty good kid, well spoken and such. He's not into the thug life (you know, going into a club wearing sweatpants and toting a gun...) He's upset with all the extra scrutiny...granted, he's brought that onto himself, but there it is anyways.

I don't think he fits the Pittsburgh image more because of the mental lapses and untimely lack of effort when things seem to be going bad. Tomlin would likely eat his ass up if he was a Steeler and not running through his routes hard/properly and such.

he'd eat his ass up the same way he chew the crap out of Joey Porter. i LOVED Porter, but Tomlin had to make a statement and put hit foot down for trash talking and bad attitudes. somehow Harrison seems to fly with his bad attitude, but then again he's a defensive juggernaut.

now that we got the trash talking between us out of the way...haha...what do you think of the Browns chances NEXT YEAR!? cause as much as i hate them...i root for them to be contenders and i want to see them do well. atleast better than the Ravens and Bengals. discuss.

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
he'd eat his ass up the same way he chew the crap out of Joey Porter. i LOVED Porter, but Tomlin had to make a statement and put hit foot down for trash talking and bad attitudes. somehow Harrison seems to fly with his bad attitude, but then again he's a defensive juggernaut.

now that we got the trash talking between us out of the way...haha...what do you think of the Browns chances NEXT YEAR!? cause as much as i hate them...i root for them to be contenders and i want to see them do well. atleast better than the Ravens and Bengals. discuss.

It's not very often that a coaching change brings good results to a team...

We have a lot of talent, a great offensive line...but it just depends on how much changes there are with the coaching staff. Change in coaching staff also means change in schemes which generally equals change in players. Stallworth is likely gone...but that's no real loss considering he didn't play anyways. If a new coach comes in (other than the Chin) I can almost envision a switch to the 4-3 defense.

I can see us drafting Malcolm Jenkins to help with our pass defense. He'd be a nice addition to the improving Wright/McDonald CB set up...and might be able to play some Safety as well.

2nd Round could go in several directions...HB/WR I would guess to be the likely candidate. After that, it's a crap shoot based on who's left.

I would love to see some actual competition in this...former-rivalry. I suspect that Dorsey won't cut it against the Steelers defense...

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 07:11 PM
honestly, i don't think i ever heard of Dorsey until last weekend. haha!

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 07:19 PM
honestly, i don't think i ever heard of Dorsey until last weekend. haha!

He's a career third-stringer. He is a very intelligent guy and understands a lot about the game...just doesn't have the physical tools to get him a starters role.

He's like having a coach on the sidelines...which is why the Browns have kept him these last couple of seasons as our third stringer.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 07:23 PM
He's a career third-stringer. He is a very intelligent guy and understands a lot about the game...just doesn't have the physical tools to get him a starters role.

He's like having a coach on the sidelines...which is why the Browns have kept him these last couple of seasons as our third stringer.

he's the Steelers Dennis Dixon. haha!
the only difference is, Dorsey's been around. Dixon is a rookie and he could be used as a solid weapon...ala young Kordell Stewart.

with Anderson and Quinn probably coming back next year...is he going to stick around?

lilyoder6
12-16-2008, 07:50 PM
i rly don't hear that much bad stuff from BE... the man is a good wr and would be a good addition to any team... He justs needs a qb to get the ball to him and he does the rest

The Duke
12-16-2008, 07:54 PM
i rly don't hear that much bad stuff from BE... the man is a good wr and would be a good addition to any team... He justs needs a qb to get the ball to him and he does the rest

with the rest you mean drop it right?

seriously, he's an average WR with good height. that's it

one good season and people think he is a god among receivers

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
he's the Steelers Dennis Dixon. haha!
the only difference is, Dorsey's been around. Dixon is a rookie and he could be used as a solid weapon...ala young Kordell Stewart.

with Anderson and Quinn probably coming back next year...is he going to stick around?

Absolutely. He knows what his role on the team is and plays up to it well. He has been a mentor to both Anderson and Quinn and will likely end up coaching when he retires from the NFL.

I believe Dixon has a lot more of the physical tools necessary...so it'll just be a matter of getting the mental part of the game down. Dixon could be a long-term backup (2nd string) for you guys. Dorsey has never been mistaken for that...and likely won't be (barring us getting rid of Anderson.)

He leads the league in drops. Most of them are not the QB's fault. He needs to either get his eyes checked...or learn to concentrate a little more...because while he's talented, he's wasted talent (compared to the money he's paid.) He's not a bad kid...and when his game is on...he's fantastic. However, he hasn't been on for much of the season.

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't mind or blame Edwards. Hell, would you want to be part of a crappy organization such as the Browns even if you were an over-rated player? Not me.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Most of the hate towards Braylon Edwards isn't due to him being a former Michigan receiver. Most of the "Meatchicken" heckling was during his rookie season until he hurt his knee. But for the most part, he isn't heckled for being a Michigan player.

However, it does seem like the fans have never completly taken to Edwards, not like they have to Winslow. For the most part, the Browns fans love Winslow...even with the stupid shit he's pulled since and before becoming a Brown.

Edwards is a rather model citizen. He doesn't get in trouble, and he does try hard. His biggest off-field gaffes have been in 2006 when he was late to a team meeting after taking a chopper to Ann Arbor for the Buckeyes-Wolverines game (which he got shit from Cleveland fans for because he was obviously there to root for Michigan)...and his ticket for speeding in I-90 in Avon this season.

But I do know the fans are sick of him dropping balls. Every once in a while (like every Monday Night game) he has a huge game. The rest of them he drops a lot of easy passes. The Browns could have won a few more games (second against Baltimore and the one against Houston are two I remember) where he dropped passes that he would have scored on because he beat the coverage....but dropped the ball.

Edwards and Anderson are the scapegoats for the Browns bad season this year. I think that's part of the reason Braylon might want out. This bad season was a team effort and a lot of blame is being laid on those two.

Steelman16
12-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Does Braylon really know what it's like to be Sean Mahan though?

xfl2001fan
12-17-2008, 07:06 AM
But I do know the fans are sick of him dropping balls. Every once in a while (like every Monday Night game) he has a huge game. The rest of them he drops a lot of easy passes. The Browns could have won a few more games (second against Baltimore and the one against Houston are two I remember) where he dropped passes that he would have scored on because he beat the coverage....but dropped the ball.

Edwards and Anderson are the scapegoats for the Browns bad season this year. I think that's part of the reason Braylon might want out. This bad season was a team effort and a lot of blame is being laid on those two.

Well said (Cut the rest out just to trim the fat.) I'm not a huge KW2 fan myself...I don't understand the adoration in the least bit. He's an oversized WR playing TE...He's also injury prone.

As for the scapegoat...those two (in regards to execution) are to blame for quite a bit of our offensive woes. Playcalling has been shaky, especially with the lack of run attempts. Defensively...well...we weren't expected to be a defensive juggernaut, even with the addition of Shaun Rogers.

revefsreleets
12-17-2008, 08:44 AM
I do believe Edwards was fisrt (or maybe second) in drops last year as well...the team did better though, and he made the Pro Bowl, so the errors weren't as glaring...

RoethlisBURGHer
12-17-2008, 09:34 AM
I do believe Edwards was fisrt (or maybe second) in drops last year as well...the team did better though, and he made the Pro Bowl, so the errors weren't as glaring...

And the year before TO lead the league in TD passes. Anyone know the other category he lead the league in? Dropped passes.

When you're having an overall good season, or even when your team is...the drops aren't as glaring and get written off.

But when the wheels fall off the entire car, as they did in Cleveland, then every mistake is more glaring and makes people wonder, "what if he makes that play, do we win?".

stlrtruck
12-17-2008, 09:50 AM
And in other news, half of cleveland wants out of cleveland. At least he gets paid well to live there!

revefsreleets
12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
He's pretty much phoning it in now, too. He wants out and the last thing he wants to have happen is to get hurt.

Of course, he may change his tune when the Cowher hiring is announced...

Fire Haley
12-17-2008, 11:07 AM
He's pretty much phoning it in now, too. He wants out and the last thing he wants to have happen is to get hurt.

Of course, he may change his tune when the Cowher hiring is announced...

Why would Cowher going to coach the Redskins affect Edwards?

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2008, 03:46 PM
I read that, and nowhere I read it says that he wants out of Cleveland. I read it as the fans want him out of Cleveland.

Fire Haley
12-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Looks like he's burning the bridges now......smackin' down the Browns fans some more...

"I’m not Paul Warfield, Webster Slaughter or Jim Brown. I’ve given my all to this city for four years, and I realize it will never be enough. I went to the Pro Bowl last year and resurrected this team from the darkness, and nobody cared.”

“People in this town believe they are entitled to too much. They have been disrespectful to me and my family. I’ve gone out in public with my family and have had to deal with being called foul names. My parents have been called vulgar things at restaurants.”

“My biggest problem is that I actually give a damn. I’m always rushing back from surgeries and injuries, never missing games or practices. But through this, I’ve learned how to overcome adversity. I’m also proud of how my foundation has taken off. I’ve been doing all this community service in Cleveland … my charity efforts will only be in Detroit from now on.”

http://blog.cleveland.com/bran...ylon_edwar.html

lilyoder6
12-17-2008, 11:29 PM
i would have 2 say that i agree with BE here..

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-17-2008, 11:42 PM
Looks like he's burning the bridges now......smackin' down the Browns fans some more...

"Iím not Paul Warfield, Webster Slaughter or Jim Brown. Iíve given my all to this city for four years, and I realize it will never be enough. I went to the Pro Bowl last year and resurrected this team from the darkness, and nobody cared.Ē

ďPeople in this town believe they are entitled to too much. They have been disrespectful to me and my family. Iíve gone out in public with my family and have had to deal with being called foul names. My parents have been called vulgar things at restaurants.Ē

ďMy biggest problem is that I actually give a damn. Iím always rushing back from surgeries and injuries, never missing games or practices. But through this, Iíve learned how to overcome adversity. Iím also proud of how my foundation has taken off. Iíve been doing all this community service in Cleveland Ö my charity efforts will only be in Detroit from now on.Ē

http://blog.cleveland.com/bran...ylon_edwar.html

The Charity to Detroit only thing is a classless thing to say. Heck, even big ben has given to charity here (police dogs), and I really don't like him (Browns fan thing, no offense.). He's really trying to burn bridges here quick, something tells me he wants to play for the Lions.

As far as "resurrecting the franchise", it was only you last year? It was a TEAM effort, combined with the fact that we played an easier sched.

Please don't compare yourself to Jim Brown/Warfield/Slaughter, because all of those men competed for championships and auctually were able to beat Pittsburgh at least once if not multiple times in their careers. And if any browns fan had that expectation of you, that would be moronic. I expect you to maybe, MAYBE be the next Randy Moss and to beat Pittsburgh.

As far as the fans calling him and his family names, believe me that would be like .000001 % of browns fans out there. I know that if I met him, I wouldn't have said anything in mean spirit, I'd be thrilled actually.

Fire Haley
12-17-2008, 11:55 PM
I think it would be safe to say the Browns fans' heads are exploding left and right...

Lookie here...all their idols have fallen and can't get up.

Joe Thomas: over-rated, or just another quitter?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=3613324

Ho Ho Ho!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I think it would be safe to say the Browns fans' heads are exploding left and right...

Lookie here...all their idols have fallen and can't get up.

Joe Thomas: over-rated, or just another quitter?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=3613324

Ho Ho Ho!

Cat made the pro bowl this year. Not bad for his sophomore slump. ;)

But, I'm just a bit sickened with this years edition of the Cleveland Browns. I think thats the universal feeling throughout the fanbase.

I've seen sparks here and there, other wise, they are losers until proven otherwise. Believe me for as many times I've seen some posters around here throw big ben under the bus and various others like tomlin, Browns fan would KILL to have some of the things that I've heard Steeler fans complain about.

Steelman16
12-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Browns fan would KILL to have some of the things that I've heard Steeler fans complain about.

Like, for instance, how Jered Retroskfy is a longer snapper than others? :sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
The Charity to Detroit only thing is a classless thing to say. Heck, even big ben has given to charity here (police dogs), and I really don't like him (Browns fan thing, no offense.). He's really trying to burn bridges here quick, something tells me he wants to play for the Lions.

As far as "resurrecting the franchise", it was only you last year? It was a TEAM effort, combined with the fact that we played an easier sched.

Please don't compare yourself to Jim Brown/Warfield/Slaughter, because all of those men competed for championships and auctually were able to beat Pittsburgh at least once if not multiple times in their careers. And if any browns fan had that expectation of you, that would be moronic. I expect you to maybe, MAYBE be the next Randy Moss and to beat Pittsburgh.

As far as the fans calling him and his family names, believe me that would be like .000001 % of browns fans out there. I know that if I met him, I wouldn't have said anything in mean spirit, I'd be thrilled actually. what is it with the AFC foes and thier unhealthy obsession with the steelers ? you do realize there's 14 other games on the schedule.....:laughing: .... seriously though....i think browns fans would rather go 2-14 with the 2 wins being against the steelers.....than 14-2 with the 2 loses to the steelers...:noidea:

SteelCityKingsVP
12-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Just another whiner voicing his opinion

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-18-2008, 01:10 AM
what is it with the AFC foes and thier unhealthy obsession with the steelers ? you do realize there's 14 other games on the schedule.....:laughing: .... seriously though....i think browns fans would rather go 2-14 with the 2 wins being against the steelers.....than 14-2 with the 2 loses to the steelers...:noidea:

For Browns fans who've grown up in the state of Ohio..its a mentality we have.

If you're at anyway familiar with Ohio State-Michigan, That is how I and a lot of other view the Browns-Steelers rivalry. You're raised around here to hate Michigan and hate the Steelers equally. Championships aren't discussed until those are accomplished. Thats the way I view things.

Lately, very much like TOSU beating up on the hapless wolverines, its been one sided. The rivalry is very much dead at this moment and needs a reviving IMO.

Fire Haley
12-18-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't blame Braylon for wanting to leave either.

I'd say the Jags have a much better chance of "bouncing back" next year than the Browns.
The Browns are still missing at least 7-8 large pieces to the puzzle.

Looks like they need 2 more DL, 2 more OL, 3 more LB's, a #1 RB,a #2 RB, a #3 RB a #1 QB and 2 more WR's + some safety help.

Yee-ha!... good luck with that.

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2008, 01:58 AM
For Browns fans who've grown up in the state of Ohio..its a mentality we have.

If you're at anyway familiar with Ohio State-Michigan, That is how I and a lot of other view the Browns-Steelers rivalry. You're raised around here to hate Michigan and hate the Steelers equally. Championships aren't discussed until those are accomplished. Thats the way I view things.

Lately, very much like TOSU beating up on the hapless wolverines, its been one sided. The rivalry is very much dead at this moment and needs a reviving IMO.oh its not just you guys....the bungholes and ratbird fans are the same way......:noidea: .... so would a week 17 win make you feel like you've had a successful season? of course i want to see yet another ass whoopin put on the browns,just to keep your noses in it, but if the brownies somehow pull off the upset, i ain't gonna lose any sleep over it. i'm already in playoff mode...:thumbsup:

Fire Haley
12-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Every team we play has a "Steelers Week" thread on their boards.

I think we have a 'Ratbirds Week' - and that's about it....maybe the Pats too.

Titans revved up about ‘Steelers week’

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42274

I rest my case.

CB1977
12-19-2008, 03:22 PM
what is it with the AFC foes and thier unhealthy obsession with the steelers ? you do realize there's 14 other games on the schedule.....:laughing: .... seriously though....i think browns fans would rather go 2-14 with the 2 wins being against the steelers.....than 14-2 with the 2 loses to the steelers...:noidea:

Not this Browns fan! If we were 14-2, I'd be jumping for joy!!! I wouldn't care less if our two losses were to Detroit or the Bengals...lol

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Not this Browns fan! If we were 14-2, I'd be jumping for joy!!! I wouldn't care less if our two losses were to Detroit or the Bengals...lol

thats just my point.... you'd rather lose to ANY team other than the steelers.

revefsreleets
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Braylon has retracted most of his statements and claims he wants to stay.

Does that mean he was informed on the DL that Cowher is coming?

Fire Haley
12-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Nope - he must of heard "no Cowher" - he's retracting his retraction...

Cleveland Browns receiver Braylon Edwards doesn't back off statements

Friday, December 19, 2008
Tony Grossi
Plain Dealer Reporter

Receiver Braylon Edwards doesn't regret a word he said. And he said more on Thursday.

But he's not dissing Browns fans as a strategy to talk his way out of here.

"I've made that very clear," said Edwards, who is under contract through 2009. "I don't want to be traded. I want to be here. I want to be a part of this team when it's successful."

Edwards continued to rant Thursday about feeling unappreciated by fans whom he believes hold his Michigan Wolverines roots against him.

"I never used me being from Michigan as a cop-out [for his bad season]," he said. "All season I've owned up to my play. I said I'm not playing well, I'm dropping passes, I need to be catching these passes. I never blamed it on the quarterback, never blamed it on the coordinator, never on anything but me not concentrating and focusing."

Edwards said he understands the anger of long-suffering Browns fans, but said they shouldn't hold him responsible for the franchise's failings.

"I can't apologize for what happened before I got here," he said. "I wasn't a part of 'The Drive.' I didn't fumble at the 1. That wasn't me. I think if fans are still disgruntled about that, they have every right to be. But I'm just Braylon Edwards.

"I don't want to have to live in Paul Warfield's shadow or Gary Collins'. I really just want to be me. I'm a guy that's young. It's a new day and age. I love the game, just as much as a Paul Warfield. I give everything I have, just as much as Paul Warfield. I'm trying to make plays.

"Being human, I went into a rut this year. I caught a slump. I'm human. People do that. Like basketball, I can't just shoot myself out of it. All I can do now is finish out strong in these last two games and work hard in the off-season."

Edwards was asked if the fans here live too much in the past.

"I'm not trying to be a psychologist for the city of Cleveland. I'm really not trying to play Dr. Phil," he said. "There's been a lot of bad things happen here. Everybody knows it. We can't ever get over that hump in any sport. And this happens to be the city's favorite sport. We're the ones that really can't get over it. The Indians almost turned the corner a couple of times. The Cavs have gotten to the NBA Finals. But we can't even get to the playoffs. So I understand their frustration, I really do. That's why I do everything I can do to work hard and be the guy on Sunday."

Edwards knows he's in for an earful from the Browns faithful at the team's final home game Sunday against Cincinnati.

"They've been booing me all year," he said, adding, "It is what it is."

St33lersguy
12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Braylon Edwards is a loser, he is sh*t, just like everyone else on that team. Maybe the browns should hope they play Steeler backups although I'm sure they'll lose THEN! I think now that the number of times he's whined and acted like a crybaby outnumbers the # of balls he catched. I can understand him not wanting to be a Cleveland clown but he should stop bitching about it

Big D
12-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't blame him for wanting to leave cleveland. I pulled a hammy running out of cleveland

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Maybe instead of whining like a little girl, how about he ask Santa for a pair of hands? What a crybaby.

Is he trying to become the next Capt. Cornhole?

Quit Whining Braylon ya big baby.

fansince'76
12-21-2008, 11:24 AM
If he wants the fans off his back, maybe he should start holding on to passes he is being paid millions to catch for a change. Threatening to "take his ball and go home" by saying he will only pursue his charitable work in Detroit and no longer in Cleveland like a spoiled 5-year-old doesn't help matters either.

revefsreleets
12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
"I don't want to be traded. I want to be here. I want to be a part of this team when it's successful."

How is that wanting out of Cleveland?

CB1977
12-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Breaking news:

Braylon Edwards has been invited to NYC for an important task this New Years Eve..

He's dropping the ball at Times Square.

ba-dum-pum

warddj86
12-25-2008, 02:12 PM

agreed, btw, you should change the part on your sig about the "season stats", because they were far from upsetting