PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker on turf?

Sharkissle29
12-16-2005, 02:40 PM
can you guys see willie having a HUGE game vs the vikings this week? his speed on turf is just that much more dangerous. plus the vikings dont have the best defense in the world. look for Willie to have a field day.

Willie Parker: 24 carries, 158 yards 2 TD

clevestinks
12-16-2005, 03:45 PM
can you guys see willie having a HUGE game vs the vikings this week? his speed on turf is just that much more dangerous. plus the vikings dont have the best defense in the world. look for Willie to have a field day.

Willie Parker: 24 carries, 158 yards 2 TD
DAMMIT! I just benched him for Gado. Now you git me thinking???????

What to do??????

BB2W
12-16-2005, 03:55 PM
I thought he was gonna be able to break some big plays on the turf in Indy.

SteelCityMan786
12-16-2005, 05:07 PM
I see Willie having a Big Game This Week. Jerome to. We'll get Big Plays and remeber one thing THE METRODOME AIN'T THE RCA DOME!

clevestinks
12-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I can see the points about Willie and the turf. Also maybe we should not play the Bus as much on the harder surface?? Just a thought!

Ambridge
12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I say gouge the Vikings hard with a good dose of Jerome Bettis early and bring Willie in as the "Change of Pace" back.

LondonSteeler
12-16-2005, 08:21 PM
good point, i remember famous amos having his best games on turf

Koopa
12-17-2005, 02:03 AM
unless this is the texans willie we'll probably have an ok game on the ground, i think he'll get more yards on screen passes sunday, which i don't mind cause it don't matter how he gets his yards just as long as he does. and cleve is right we probably shouldn't play bettis a lot sunday need him for the playoffs, i say we just duce to pound the ball this sunday. and i want to see more passes go to heath miller too, it seems we've gone away from him and he'd help ben out a lot on short passes to move the chains

clevestinks
12-17-2005, 08:06 AM
I say gouge the Vikings hard with a good dose of Jerome Bettis early and bring Willie in as the "Change of Pace" back.
I like the exact opposite, let them get tired trying to catch Willie. Then let the Bus pound on them!

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2005, 09:40 AM

I would do the same, since we are on the road.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Willie is made for fast surfaces... as fast as he is on the pitiful condition of Heinz Field imagine what he can do w/ some blocking and on turf. :tt:

but again, it all comes down to the OL and if they arent able to handle the vikes pass rush and allow the running game to get going w/ willie..then Jerome better be ready to come and pound it some to losen up that defense along w/ ben getting into a rythmn.

24seven
12-17-2005, 11:30 PM
I think it's been nice seeing Ben move the ball around.. He's getting it to ALL the receivers as of lately so as it might seem Miller doesn't get the ball much, others are getting it equally as much now.. I think the whole offense has stepped up bigtime and now it's up to our D.. We need our blitzes back.. I can't believe the penetration we used to get compared to lately.. We did sack Chicago 3 times but before that in the 3 losses our blitz was non existent.. Put some pressure on Johnson and he'll crack like 40 year old paint.. Stop em on 3rd down and we got the win in the bag.. As for the RB situation.. I like the idea of puttin the bus in the shop for as long as possible to conserve milage.. Parker is bound to break lose on the fast turf and as for Duce.. looks like he's sittin again.. Oh well.. we'll have a rested back for next year :P..

Sharkissle29
12-18-2005, 12:15 PM
I thought he was gonna be able to break some big plays on the turf in Indy.
indy is a good team. :P

Sharkissle29
12-18-2005, 04:35 PM
so i was a little off :grin: if they gave him more carries he could have been closer to the mark haha