PDA

View Full Version : L. Woodley NOT selected for pro-bowl

tony hipchest
12-16-2008, 02:41 PM
he was named an alternate. being that 6 ravens made it, he was probably snubbed for that piece of shit T. Suggcks. :doh:

we know harrison and porter are the other 2.

-as per leaks on sirius

SCSTILLER
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
BS! He deserves to be there more than Suggs does!

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Lamaar Woodley is a behemoth and he ATLEAST deserves a Pro Bowl. but hey, if i was Woodley, i think i'd prefer a Super Bowl ring over a Pro Bowl nod. =)

Steelcitygal87
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
I LOVE WOODLEY :tt03:...BUT I can understand the Suggs selection . Suggs doesn't have a pass rusher opposite him to aid him and is one of the best run defenders in the NFL among DEs/LBs. He is more of a true DE in that he is versatile enough to drop into coverage(something I don't think Woodley is very good at at this stage in his game).

Plus, as SteelCityKing put it, I don't think Woodley is that broken hearted about it. He would much rather have a Super Bowl ring. I think they should just do away with the Pro-Bowl altogether.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
yep...only thing better than a Superbowl Ring...is to be a Pro-Bowl MVP.

Just ask a Bengal Fan:doh:

SteelMember
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
The Steelers can't afford to pay all those contract "pro-bowl" bonuses anyway. :rolleyes:

Edman
12-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Except maybe Ray Lewis, Woodley is lightyears ahead of any of the Ravens LBer's. Especially Suggs.

Woodley's pressure forced Flaccid's game clinching INT last week.

chucoblack&gold
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
shouldn't be a problem, it will give him time to rest after the superbowl. :wink02:

scsteeler
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
he was named an alternate. being that 6 ravens made it, he was probably snubbed for that piece of shit T. Suggcks. :doh:

-as per leaks on sirius

How in the hell do you not take Woodley! :banging: This guy is a beast of a Linebacker and only going to get better. Well this will not be the first time Steelers have been snubbed.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I LOVE WOODLEY :tt03:...BUT I can understand the Suggs selection . Suggs doesn't have a pass rusher opposite him to aid him and is one of the best run defenders in the NFL among DEs/LBs. He is more of a true DE in that he is versatile enough to drop into coverage(something I don't think Woodley is very good at at this stage in his game).

Plus, as SteelCityKing put it, I don't think Woodley is that broken hearted about it. He would much rather have a Super Bowl ring. I think they should just do away with the Pro-Bowl altogether.

While I detest the Raturds I understand why Suggs was chosen over Woodley. Good post Steelcitygal. While it won't be recieved well on this board I agree with you. Being an alternate isn't such a bad thing. It means he was considered, a close second if you will. And that is nothing to scoff at.:drink:

The Duke
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Could be Keith Bulluck too

I really don't care who goes as long as Ike get in, lol

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Could be Keith Bulluck too

I really don't care who goes as long as Ike get in, lol

i was just on NFL.com and the "ANALysts" picked Troy Polamalu and James Harrison across the board. Woodley got some nods and Roethlisberger got ONE nod from one guy. no love. whatever. haha!

NJarhead
12-16-2008, 04:00 PM

-as per leaks on sirius

It was for Suggs, who I might add is listed as a DE on the Ravens roster. What a crock!!! :banging:

Woodley deserved to start. Suggs should be the alt. :mad:

fansince'76
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
They need to take the fan voting out of it.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 04:06 PM
They need to take the fan voting out of it.

I'm not a baseball guy. So do the fans vote for the allstar game?

jjpro11
12-16-2008, 04:20 PM
dwight freeney and robert mathis made it over aaron smith.. what a profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering crime

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-16-2008, 04:23 PM
3 Steelers. For real?

tyler289
12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Pretty sad when one of the best defenses in the last 20 years gets 2 pro-bowlers.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-16-2008, 04:26 PM
There are 3. Farrior, Harrison, and Polamalu.

T.Richardson
12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Phillip Rivers should have made it.

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Here's the full list

2009 Pro Bowl rosters
NFL.com

NFC
Offense

Quarterback
Kurt Warner, Arizona Drew Brees, New Orleans
Eli Manning, New York Giants

Running back
Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Michael Turner, Atlanta
Clinton Portis, Washington

Fullback
Mike Sellers, Washington

Wide receiver
Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona
Anquan Boldin, Arizona Steve Smith, Carolina
Roddy White, Atlanta

Tight end
Jason Witten, Dallas Chris Cooley, Washington

Tackle
Jordan Gross, Carolina
Walter Jones, Seattle Chris Samuels, Washington

Guard
Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota
Chris Snee, New York Giants Leonard Davis, Dallas

Center
Andre Gurode, Dallas Shaun O'Hara, New York Giants

Defense

Defensive end
Julius Peppers, Carolina
Justin Tuck, New York Giants Jared Allen, Minnesota

Defensive tackle
Kevin Williams, Minnesota
Jay Ratliff, Dallas Pat Williams, Minnesota

Outside linebacker
DeMarcus Ware, Dallas
Lance Briggs, Chicago Derrick Brooks, Tampa Bay

Inside linebacker
Patrick Willis, San Francisco Jon Beason, Carolina

Cornerback
Charles Woodson, Green Bay
Antoine Winfield, Minnesota Asante Samuel, Philadelphia

Free safety
Nick Collins, Green Bay Brian Dawkins, Philadelphia

Strong safety
Adrian Wilson, Arizona

Special teams

Punter Jeff Feagles, New York Giants
Placekicker John Carney, New York Giants
Kick returner Clifton Smith, Tampa Bay
Special teamer Sean Morey, Arizona

AFC

Offense

Quarterback
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Brett Favre, New York Jets
Jay Cutler, Denver

Running back
Thomas Jones, New York Jets Chris Johnson, Tennessee
Ronnie Brown, Miami

Fullback
Le'Ron McClain, Baltimore

Wide receiver
Andre Johnson, Houston
Brandon Marshall, Denver Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis
Wes Welker, New England

Tight end Tony
Gonzalez, Kansas City Antonio Gates, San Diego

Tackle
Joe Thomas, Cleveland
Jason Peters, Buffalo Michael Roos, Tennessee

Guard
Alan Faneca, New York Jets
Kris Dielman, San Diego Brian Waters, Kansas City
Center Kevin Mawae, Tennessee Nick Mangold, New York Jets

Defense

Defensive end
Mario Williams, Houston
Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis Robert Mathis, Indianapolis

Defensive tackle
Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee
Kris Jenkins, New York Jets Shaun Rogers, Cleveland

Outside linebacker
James Harrison, Pittsburgh
Joey Porter, Miami Terrell Suggs, Baltimore

Inside linebacker
Ray Lewis, Baltimore James Farrior, Pittsburgh

Cornerback
Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland
Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee Darrelle Revis, New York Jets

Free safety
Ed Reed, Baltimore

Strong safety
Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Chris Hope, Tennessee

Special teams
Punter Shane Lechler, Oakland
Placekicker Stephen Gostkowski, New England
Kick returner Leon Washington, New York Jets
Special teamer Brendon Ayanbadejo, Baltimore

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

T.Richardson
12-16-2008, 04:32 PM
On NFL Network, they listed Woodley, and Hampton as pro bowl snubs.

Preacher
12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
What a joke.

I can think of at least two D lineman that should have made it. Woodely should have been there as well. Ike should be there. We should have 7 on that D.

On the offense, well, Maybe the ball boy?

T.Richardson
12-16-2008, 04:35 PM
What a joke.

I can think of at least two D lineman that should have made it. Woodely should have been there as well. Ike should be there. We should have 7 on that D.

On the offense, well, Maybe the ball boy?

The pro bowl is a popularity contest.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Three players from the Pittsburgh Steelers’ league-leading defense have been selected to the 2009 AFC Pro Bowl team announced today by the NFL.

Steelers earning Pro Bowl recognition include inside linebacker James Farrior, outside linebacker James Harrison and strong safety Troy Polamalu. Harrison and Polamalu have been named starters to the AFC Pro Bowl team.

This season marks the eighth straight year that three or more Steelers players have been selected to the NFL’s annual All-Star game. The Pro Bowl will be played Sunday, Feb. 8, 2009, at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.

The Pro Bowl squads were selected by a combined voting of fans, players and coaches.

Harrison, a two-year starter for the Steelers, earned his second consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl as a starter for the AFC squad. He has already tied team records with 15 sacks and seven forced fumbles, and was voted AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 11. That week, Harrison registered a sack and forced a fumble that resulted in a safety and also intercepted a pass, which he returned 33 yards. He ranks third on the team with 93 tackles (68 solo) and leads all Steelers with 33 quarterback pressures. The Steelers’ 2007 team MVP, Harrison registered 2.5 sacks and forced a fumble in a Week 4 Monday Night matchup against the AFC North rival Baltimore Ravens, and registered two sacks and two forced fumbles in Week 13 at New England.

Polamalu, who is widely considered the NFL’s premiere strong safety, earned his fifth straight trip to the Pro Bowl and his third as a starter (2006, 2007). A five-year NFL starter, this year’s selection ties Polamalu with Donnie Shell for the most Pro Bowl appearances by a Steelers strong safety. Polamalu currently leads the NFL with a career-high seven interceptions, ranks third on the Steelers with 10 passes defensed, and ranks fourth on the team with 75 tackles.

Farrior will make his second Pro Bowl appearance, both as a Steeler, and his first since the 2005 Pro Bowl, when he received All-Pro honors and finished second in voting for NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Farrior currently leads the Steelers with 127 tackles (86 solo), putting him on schedule to finish as the team leader for the fifth time in seven seasons with the Steelers (2003, ‘04, ‘06, ‘07). Currently in his fifth consecutive season as the Steelers’ defensive captain, Farrior has also recorded 3.5 sacks and recovered one fumble.

Pro Bowl Notes: The Steelers will send a linebacker to the Pro Bowl for the seventh time in the past nine seasons and for the 15th time in the past 19 years…The Steelers are sending multiple players to the Pro Bowl for the eighth straight season and the 17th time in the last 20 seasons…This year ends a streak of seven consecutive years (2001 Pro Bowl) that the Steelers have had at least one offensive player make the Pro Bowl.

OneForTheToe
12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Woodley being left off is not as bad as Aaron Smith being ignored again. I also would say Ike is also deserving. QB is difficult in the AFC because Manning is having another fine season and has pretty much kept the Colts alive by himself. That leaves two spots for the rest of the guys. If you go by numbers then Rivers and Cutler deserve those spots. If you go by winning football then you should take two of Ben, Brett or even Pennington, who has done very well for the Fins. I don't care much about the Pro Bowl. It is a popularity contest, where reputation means more than actual deeds.

NYC SteelersFan
12-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Eli Manning=Joke (Romo or Rodgers)
Clinton Portis=Suspect (DeAngelo Williams)
Calvin Johnson deserved to get in

Peyton Manning=Are you serious? No seriously?
Brett Favre=LambertIsGod58 was responsible for this one somehow, I know it!

fansince'76
12-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Brett Favre=LambertIsGod58 was responsible for this one somehow, I know it!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

tony hipchest
12-16-2008, 04:48 PM
this is interresting-

joey porter
chris hope
sean morey
alan faneca

more ex SB steelers than actual steelers.

Fire Haley
12-16-2008, 04:55 PM
this is interresting-

joey porter
chris hope
sean morey
alan faneca

more ex SB steelers than actual steelers.

...and yet, we keep on winning. :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-16-2008, 04:56 PM
What the hell?

No Ike Taylor? No Casey Hampton? No Aaron Smith? No LaMarr Woodley?

This is bullshit!

The Duke
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
No ike taylor?

I'm done with the nfl, lol

Darrelle revis of that great jets secondary huh :rolleyes:

aburdell
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
How can Ike not make it? He is the number 1 corner on the number 1 pass defense in the league and the best defense in the league. He got shafted for Revis because Revis has 5 interceptions, but he is also on the Jets 29th ranked pass defense!!! Woodley also more sacks, fumble recoveries and tackles than Suggs i think. Hampton needs to be in there as well, 2nd ranked against the run because of him.

Maybe our players need to talk to the media more and tear apart our locker rooms and shoot ourselves in the leg to get some respect? Oh well I would rather win the other BOWL than the Pro Bowl.

CanadianSteel
12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Hopefully this lights a bigger fire on our defence to play even better during the playoffs. The Probowl is always oiut of whack but when playing as we;ll and consistent as Woodley and Big Aaron they should be kinda pissed.

tony hipchest
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
...and yet, we keep on winning. :tt02:almost amazing when you add the likes of pro bowlers hartings and bettis leaving, and lockerroom favorites randle el and kimo.

true testament to the job of rebuilding.... scratch that, reloading, tomlin has done.

steelpride12
12-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Can't be upset him making alternate his first season as a starter. The ravens LB's are more skilled and he has not had the recognition they do. Remember he has 11 sacks, but there are at least 5 + guys with better sacks and FF numbers which sadly drowns him.

tony hipchest
12-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Remember he has 11 sacks, but there are at least 5 + guys with better sacks and FF numbers which sadly drowns him.as far as OLB's go, only d. ware, harrison, and porter have more.

not too fair to compare him with j. allen and j. peppers.

NJarhead
12-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Even the Ravens fans I've spoken to call it what it is: "A popularity contest." Woodley deserved to be there opposite his teammate this year, and I'm pissed off that he's not.

morgster1031
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Wood got ripped. He deserves it way more than Suggs. I'm not going to worry because the pro bowl is pointless. He will be better known if he wins a super bowl.

jjpro11
12-16-2008, 06:52 PM
i'd say aaron smith is the biggest snub on the team.. he has emerged to become as equally imortant as hampton is on our defense. we all know what life is like without smith on defense.

Burghfan58
12-16-2008, 06:59 PM
This is actually good news. Talk about extra motivation for a player. I'm predicting right now that Woodley, Smith, Ike, Ben (and whoever else got snubbed ) will play like maniacs to prove they should have been selected. A super bowl ring cures everything.:tt03:

cubanstogie
12-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Years ago when I gave a chit about stats and pro bowls I would have cared. The game and voting is a joke. You could make a case for many of our guys on D. I don't like Phillip Rivers but come on, the guy deserved to start, but he doesn't have the right last name.Actually I still must care because I am sitting here cussing about. Eff the pro bowl, most of our guys will be tired from partying on the SB victory anyway.

stillers4me
12-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Ben will be going to Disney World that week, anyway. :helmet:

msafford
12-16-2008, 07:23 PM

damn....if only Ben gave autographs to people withOUT boobs. maybe that would've helped. :doh::rolleyes:

stillers4me
12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
damn....if only Ben gave autographs to people withOUT boobs. maybe that would've helped. :doh::rolleyes:

:chuckle:

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 07:25 PM

:applaudit:

Hapa
12-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Woodley has 4 more sacks than Suggs.

Suggs has 3 more tackles.

Just from that perspective, the choice is easy: Woodley.

Once you make it over to pass defense though, Suggs has, I hate to say, a very impressive 10 passes defended (and 2 picks). Many starting CBs don't get that many. Woodley on the other hand only has 3 passes defended (and 1 pick).

I think that you also have to consider that the Fire-Pit scheme is considered one of the best in the league, and Woodley plays opposite James Harrison (aka monster of the year). This means that Woodley is not getting blocked nearly as much as Suggs gets.

Think of it this way: Antoine Winfield, a CB that got selected to the Pro Bowl this year, has 10 passes defended and 2 picks.

BUT! Suggs is still a chump and Woodley should have made it :tt03:

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
hallelujah! =)

xfl2001fan
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM
I know it's the Steelers section, but no Josh Cribbs as a Special Teamer? He's the most complete special teamer in the LEAGUE!

This all (coupled with some of the Steelers Snubs) just proves that it's a slightly bigger sham than the HoF.

The Duke
12-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Suggs has two INTs returned for TDs too

I'm not mad about Woodley. Keith Bulluck deserves it more than him and suggs imo

They say 3-4 ends get snubbed out of a lot of pro bowls, but some 4-3 linebackers are too

There, that's my non homer way to look at it

The Duke
12-16-2008, 07:54 PM

Oh no you didn't :chuckle:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
John Clayton says Roethlisberger is the biggest AFC snub.

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 08:06 PM
This is actually good news. Talk about extra motivation for a player. I'm predicting right now that Woodley, Smith, Ike, Ben (and whoever else got snubbed ) will play like maniacs to prove they should have been selected. A super bowl ring cures everything.:tt03:

I agree. I hope it just Pisses us Off and makes us Hit Even Harder.

Woodley needs to get more sacks in my eyes anyway, last week would have been a great week for him to "step up" and peform his highest level with Harrison being held all day long. This week, he needs to Snap Kerry Collins' Neck.

beSteelmyheart
12-16-2008, 08:16 PM
:tt03:
Lets's hope it makes them angry..Very very angry! I love it, this is actually wonderful news to me, we couldn't have asked for anything better!:popcorn:

The Duke
12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Just put Harrison at long snapper and give his spot to woodley :flap:

SteelersMongol
12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
:banging: I think those people got scared of Terell Suckkks. They probably thought that angry looking Ratbird might put bounty on their heads. :popcorn:

lilyoder6
12-16-2008, 08:55 PM
i think this should make woodly mad... he is 4th in sacks and not in the pro-bowl.. he needs to go off these last 2 games of the season b4 the bye

St33lersguy
12-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Blatant BS Terrell thuggs 7.5 sack season over woodleys 11.5 season, and even those numbers are skewed considered he too has been held 50,000 times this season. absolute BS.
P.S. With ray lewis in the pro bowl people should get extra security to protect the citizens of Hawaii so that low life doesn't kill anybody:chuckle:

ben7
12-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Suggs? is that a joke.

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Ike should have gotten some love too...

I like Revis, he's a Pitt guy...but Ike has been playing shut down all year.

tyler289
12-16-2008, 11:27 PM
John Clayton says Roethlisberger is the biggest AFC snub.

I love John, but there's no way Ben deserves to be a pro-bowl QB this season. The numbers aren't there.

Dino 6 Rings
12-16-2008, 11:28 PM
And why is McClain in there as a Running back? Is that because he's listed as a FullBack?

That's shady right there...Slaton should have gotten in, that kid has had a great season.

SunshineMan21
12-16-2008, 11:45 PM
McClain is in as the FB because he is a FB. The Ravens just like to run him a lot.

HometownGal
12-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Woodley not being selected to the PB is a travesty. Nothing more to say.

Preacher
12-16-2008, 11:49 PM
almost amazing when you add the likes of pro bowlers hartings and bettis leaving, and lockerroom favorites randle el and kimo.

true testament to the job of rebuilding.... scratch that, reloading, tomlin has done.

Some enterprising young man or woman is going to make that into a big sign. . .

"Other Teams Rebuild, The Steelers Reload!

VegasStlrFan
12-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Wow, total BS..... only 3 players. Its hard to believe when you've watched how this team has made it to 11-3 with their schedule, its all about the defense. I would of expected 5-7. NO Respect for the black and gold from media all year.

Fine by me, I hope some of the deserving souls (Woodley, Hampton, Smith...) take the rest of the season and the playoffs to make a mockery out of this selection process.

SteelersMongol
12-17-2008, 12:49 AM
Woodley not being selected to the PB is a travesty. Nothing more to say.

Maybe we all should'nt watch Pro-Bowl in protest?

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2008, 01:02 AM
I LOVE WOODLEY :tt03:...BUT I can understand the Suggs selection .

, I don't think Woodley is that broken hearted about it. He would much rather have a Super Bowl ring. I think they should just do away with the Pro-Bowl altogether.

Agreed. Hard to really find fault in Porter, Harrison, Suggs. Its like a 100m sprint where 4th place is 0.01 seconds out of getting a bronze medal. Great season for Woodley.....he will be in Hawaii some day.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Some enterprising young man or woman is going to make that into a big sign. . .

"Other Teams Rebuild, The Steelers Reload!

Reload..... in all places except the Defensive line and Offensive line. Can put that on the sign in small print.

Preacher
12-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Reload..... in all places except the Defensive line and Offensive line. Can put that on the sign in small print.

Well, a clip can only hold so many bullets, and with the cap on salar er.. . rounds in a clip, you know the capacity is limited!!

tony hipchest
12-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Woodley not being selected to the PB is a travesty. Nothing more to say.actually there is...

i didnt see John Kuhn on the list of invitees, :doh: but since the annual event is held in his back yard, i guess it is excusable...

The Duke
12-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Maybe we all should'nt watch Pro-Bowl in protest?

Dude, no one watches the pro bowl :flap:

Steelman16
12-17-2008, 02:36 AM

Tru dat :toofunny:

stillers4me
12-17-2008, 06:41 AM
I am actually suprised Keyaron Fox didn't get the nod on special teams. The guy is a beast and one big reason our coverage unit has been much better.

That's because the Steelers are full of special players that no one has ever heard of. Every week, someone is making the big plays that non-Steeler fans know nothing about. The Superbowl champs in 2005 were a T-e-a-m. The Steelers 2008 are a t-e-a-m. They w-i-n games. S-t-a-t-s are for losers. Like Philip Rivers.

SCSTILLER
12-17-2008, 08:16 AM

ARTICLE ON BEN NOT GOING TO THE PRO-BOWL.

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/12/17/sports/steelers/doc49488983d654e943919629.txt

Bires: Ben's been snubbed
ADVERTISEMENT

By Mike Bires
Times Sports Staff
Published: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:12 AM EST
PITTSBURGH — When it comes to choosing all-star teams, there always will be arguments about who made it and who didn’t. Such is the case with one Steeler left off the NFL Pro Bowl roster.

First, congrats are in order for outside linebacker James Harrison, inside linebacker James Farrior and strong safety Troy Polamalu for being selected to the AFC squad. They’re stars on the NFL’s top-ranked defense.

But it says here that Ben Roethlisberger should have been a Pro Bowler, too.

Yes, “Big Ben” was snubbed.

I know. The selection process is often a popularity contest. It’s a three-way vote among fans, players and coaches. Sometimes, the most deserving players don’t get that free trip to Hawaii.

So it’s understandable that Brett Favre was selected as one of the AFC’s three quarterbacks. Even though he leads the NFL with 17 interceptions, he’s one of the most compelling stories in all of sports this year.

After leaving Green Bay, where he was a god, Favre is now flinging passes for the New York Jets as they battle for a playoff berth in the jumbled AFC North title chase.

It’s also understandable that Peyton Manning will be the AFC’s starting Pro Bowl QB. Now that he’s shaken off an off-season knee injury, he’s been the key to Indianapolis’ seven-game winning streak.

But really, it’s a shame that Denver’s Jay Cutler was selected over Roethlisberger.

Cutler may have a 24-15 edge over Roethlisberger in TD passes. But Roethlisberger has the edge in what matters most, that’s wins.

By his own admission, Roethlisberger is having “an OK year, just OK” statistically. Compared to last year when he set the franchise record with 32 TD passes, his stats may suggest he isn’t Pro Bowl worthy. But in this case, stats don’t tell the whole story.

No QB in the league has been as clutch as Roethlisberger.

He’s been a nerves-of-steel field general who’s led the Steelers (11-3) to four fourth-quarter come-from-behind wins. He was brilliant down the stretch two weeks ago in a win over Dallas. He was brilliant in those final furious moments Sunday when the Steelers won in Baltimore.

He’s a major reason why the Steelers still have a chance for a No. 1 seed in the upcoming playoffs.

At 8-6, Cutler and the Broncos might not even make the playoffs.

There should be a place in the Pro Bowl for a quarterback like Roethlisberger whose forte is finding ways to win.

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2008, 08:25 AM
the AFC will regret not having Ben on the roster if they fall behind the NFC in the Pro Bowl game and need a 90 yard drive for the win.

Lets hang 30 on the Titans and then we can talk about how our QB was snubbed.

SteelMember
12-17-2008, 08:47 AM

Exactly! NO blitzing. That's not Steelers football anyway. :laughing:

It's more like a 3hr. commercial for the NFL.

I think I enjoy the player challange/competitions better.

The Duke
12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Exactly! NO blitzing. That's not Steelers football anyway. :laughing:

It's more like a 3hr. commercial for the NFL.

I think I enjoy the player challange/competitions better.

yeah, and those are usually on nfl.com later if I miss them

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, a clip can only hold so many bullets, and with the cap on salar er.. . rounds in a clip, you know the capacity is limited!!

Come on Preacher.......let's not close our mind just to maintain a point. You tape the magazines together to get more. :laughing:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/Polish_AKMS.JPEG

The Steelers talking all last year about getting bigger and younger on both lines, then getting Orpheus Roye and Justin Hartwig is hardly reason for praise of "reloading" well. Woodley was to replace Haggans and Davis was drafted to replace Harrison when his contract is up................uh, oh!!

Edman
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow. 300 yards not given up all year, Top ranked across the board, and drawing comparisons to great defenses of the past, and only send three pro bowlers.

People later on are going to look at the 2008 Steelers and ignorantly say their defense wasn't that great based on this fact alone.

Meanwhile, the Jets send seven and the Ravens send FIVE? Take out that frustration on Tennesee, please? Or better yet, take it out on every team that stands in your way for the rest of the year!

SteelerFanInCA
12-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Woodley was definitely snubbed. That would have been cool to see 3 of the 4 starting LB's in the Pro Bowl as Steelers. Along with Peezy, it could have been a LB reunion.

Steelcitygal87
12-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow. 300 yards not given up all year, Top ranked across the board, and drawing comparisons to great defenses of the past, and only send three pro bowlers.

People later on are going to look at the 2008 Steelers and ignorantly say their defense wasn't that great based on this fact alone.

Meanwhile, the Jets send seven and the Ravens send FIVE? Take out that frustration on Tennesee, please? Or better yet, take it out on every team that stands in your way for the rest of the year!

The "fans" who base their opinion, regarding this Steeler defense being as great as it is, on how many of our players are not in the Pro-Bowl, shouldn't be judging anything because they are not true fans of the game of football. I have to believe TRUE FANS of the game know enough not to consider the Pro-Bowl when forming an opinion on the greatness of teams.

St33lersguy
12-17-2008, 07:52 PM
It is a popularity contest. Most fans blindly follow the media or just pick players with past success. Quite evidenced by the fact that the New York Media declares Jets AFC champs for a few good games in a row while they struggle now and then get 7 pro bowlers, Some of those guys are there from media hype no doubt about it while no one mentions the Steelers and get 3 pro bowls on one of the greatest defenses in years that's it while Big Ben Aaron Smith Ike and Wood gets snubbed. That is B.S. What does the average fan know anyway( not talking about Steeler fans of course)

St33lersguy
12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
I want the Steelers to beat the living crap out of the Jets in the playoffs so the Steelers can prove whos' the REAL contenders

stillers4me
12-17-2008, 08:10 PM
I want the Steelers to beat the living crap out of the Jets in the playoffs so the Steelers can prove whos' the REAL contenders

I want the Steelers to beat the living crap out of the next 5 teams they play.

A Lombardi trumps a trip to Hawaii any day.