PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2010

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 01:43 PM
anyone whos anyone who loves football knows about Madden and the dreaded Madden Curse that happens to all players who grace the cover of this lovely and time killing game. haha!

my question is:

who would you like to see on the cover of Madden 2010?
-- i would like to see Troy Polamalu, James Harrison, or Hines Ward. BUT, if the Madden Curse exists, i don't want a Steeler on the cover. so, i'd say Adrian Peterson, Matt Ryan, or Drew Brees.

who do you think EA Sports will put on the cover?
-- i think EA will probably go with Tony Romo or Terrell Owens just because they know it'll be the easiest pick. but was Vince Young the easiest pick? seriously?

if the Madden curse is real, who would you LOVE to see on the cover?
-- i would LOVE to see Tony Romo and Owens on the cover...just so that curse can come back and kick them right in the hole. haha!

KeiselPower99
12-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Randy Moss just so he can break his leg.

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 02:42 PM

haha! he's a tool.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Tom Brady, so he can screw up his other knee.

On a side note, do Madden games seem to be getting worse instead of betteR?

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Madden games are getting ALOT harder and sort of a waste of time to play. it's like you have to have six thumbs to even get the game going in your direction! haha!

i have a thing called "Madden F*ckery!" it's a phenomenon in which no matter how hard you try, the opponent ALWAYS scores and makes some ungodly comeback to rub it in your face. plus, it's impossible to block punts and rush for over 200 yards and have under 30 carries. -- the games aren't getting BETTER...they're getting more realistic and it's retardedly (is that a word?) harder.

i dunno...i'm sort of over playing Madden. give me Metal Gear Solid or Gears of War anyday. =)

ShutDown24
12-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Tom Brady, so he can screw up his other knee.

On a side note, do Madden games seem to be getting worse instead of betteR?

They've been getting progressively worse since 05...

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 06:57 PM

no kidding. i think they are trying too hard to make the game as realistic as possible, but it's so flawed and glitched. it's really frustrating to play...so much so that;s it's really not even fun anymore. -- a total time killer anymore. na'mean?

steelpride12
12-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Madden games are getting ALOT harder and sort of a waste of time to play. it's like you have to have six thumbs to even get the game going in your direction! haha!

i have a thing called "Madden F*ckery!" it's a phenomenon in which no matter how hard you try, the opponent ALWAYS scores and makes some ungodly comeback to rub it in your face. plus, it's impossible to block punts and rush for over 200 yards and have under 30 carries. -- the games aren't getting BETTER...they're getting more realistic and it's retardedly (is that a word?) harder.

i dunno...i'm sort of over playing Madden. give me Metal Gear Solid or Gears of War anyday. =)

Maybe you just blow at Madden. I play the game and have since '00 and there are alwways more controls and buttons to make the game and reactions more realistic.

lilyoder6
12-16-2008, 07:54 PM

i was thinking what steelpride was thinking... i'm not trying to be a dick here.. but it seems to me when u said bout the opp always scoring and coming back.. that u just suck horribly at the game... i hqve been playing madden since 94 on the sega... but with the newer ones they are getting better...

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
i was thinking what steelpride was thinking... i'm not trying to be a dick here.. but it seems to me when u said bout the opp always scoring and coming back.. that u just suck horribly at the game... i hqve been playing madden since 94 on the sega... but with the newer ones they are getting better...

haha! both of you can go to hell. i take pride in my Madden skills...or lackthereof! haha! i was just saying, they're making it so realistic that it harder...or maybe i just don't waste my life away playing video games all day long. i waste my life talking to you two dipshits on message boards! HAHA! i'm kidding...

...i do suck at Madden. you're right. haha!

lilyoder6
12-17-2008, 07:02 PM
haha! both of you can go to hell. i take pride in my Madden skills...or lackthereof! haha! i was just saying, they're making it so realistic that it harder...or maybe i just don't waste my life away playing video games all day long. i waste my life talking to you two dipshits on message boards! HAHA! i'm kidding...

y do u think that 4 ppl to be good at something, they have to "waste" there life playing video games all day? i play video games maybe an hr or 2 a week b/c of school and work... idk but 4 me as soon as a pick-up a game i like or w/e i'm alrdy good

Hammer67
12-19-2008, 01:49 PM

Actually...if we are talking Madden experience, I played the original on the PC back in, 89' I think?

Anyway, I was great at Madden in HS and college, and even in my 20's...the games look pretty now, but they are more difficult to master if you don't have the time to play them. I don't anymore, so I stay away from online games and play on normal difficulty. The wife starts giving me the evil eye if I start delving into more then 2 hours of continuous play these days!

I do notice that the "fun" part of playing Madden is lower for me then it was, oh, pre 2001. They look better and have more features, but, I don't know, maybe it's just that I am getting older and losing interest.

I think the best NFL video game fun I had last was with 2k5 on the Xbox...that was a fun game to play.

NCAA games are still fun. Not sure what it is about the Madden games, though. I tend to think Madden's Golden Era was like 95 to 98.

Does anyone remember how fun Super Techmo Bowl was to play? That game rocked and it had two buttons and like 4 plays!

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
i remember NFL Quarterback Club for Super Nintendo. i killed people with the Steelers...and believe it or not i used Kordell Stewart. back in the day...he was a god. =)

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2008, 10:17 AM

Tom Brady.

Rhee Rhee
01-03-2009, 04:06 AM

i thought 07 was brilliant for ps2 nd then 08 and 09 just suck ballz

amen to the 2k5 thing... espn football was AMAZING!

steelpride12
01-03-2009, 12:58 PM

Im just kidding man i used to suck as well, but lots and lots of losing and practice makes you learn how to straggle and pick a strategy of defense and offense that works best for you.:drink:

CurtainClsr
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM

:stupid: :tt02:

I haven't played this year's as much but last year I was up to year 10 franchise mode.

Like to play online sometime with somone, does anyone here get online much?

ShutDown24
01-13-2009, 07:15 PM
:stupid: :tt02:

I haven't played this year's as much but last year I was up to year 10 franchise mode.

Like to play online sometime with somone, does anyone here get online much?

I used to play online a bunch on the 360. I went random team and had a real good record, something like 70 - 30 or somewhere in that range (I think) but then as the game had been out longer the quality of opponents started to drop and either I would just kill the guy and he'd quit by halftime or people would do things like put Tom Brady in for the Patriots (Even though he's "injured" you can still place him in the game and he retains his 99 overall rating) and just bomb it to Moss every game. Therefore I quit playing online... Now when play Madden I just play franchise. I find it to be more fun anyway. I love putting my philosophy onto a roster. You know what I mean? Like building a godly defense through signing huge name players and the draft. Then trying to win with second tier offensive players. Like having a Nate Washington as your number one receiver and some career backup tailback as your featured ball carrier. I don't know lol, it's just fun to do stuff like that and see which ways you can win. Or something else I want to try for my next franchise is acquiring the most beastly offensive line I could dream up and see how my offense could run with it. Some of it sounds silly but it is a heck of a lot of fun to run an NFL franchise, even if it's by yourself at home for hours a night on a video game console... lol. The off-season is always my favorite part of the year :banging:

pittsburghp8baller
01-14-2009, 08:12 PM
I used to play online a bunch on the 360. I went random team and had a real good record, something like 70 - 30 or somewhere in that range (I think) but then as the game had been out longer the quality of opponents started to drop and either I would just kill the guy and he'd quit by halftime or people would do things like put Tom Brady in for the Patriots (Even though he's "injured" you can still place him in the game and he retains his 99 overall rating) and just bomb it to Moss every game. Therefore I quit playing online... Now when play Madden I just play franchise. I find it to be more fun anyway. I love putting my philosophy onto a roster. You know what I mean? Like building a godly defense through signing huge name players and the draft. Then trying to win with second tier offensive players. Like having a Nate Washington as your number one receiver and some career backup tailback as your featured ball carrier. I don't know lol, it's just fun to do stuff like that and see which ways you can win. Or something else I want to try for my next franchise is acquiring the most beastly offensive line I could dream up and see how my offense could run with it. Some of it sounds silly but it is a heck of a lot of fun to run an NFL franchise, even if it's by yourself at home for hours a night on a video game console... lol. The off-season is always my favorite part of the year :banging:

dont feel weird, thats my favorite part of it too, generally thats wat ill do too after i get a little bored of the sometime bullcrap gameplay of madden, ill jus start a franchise and then jus build up my own dynasty. i do that in most of the sport games i do, and ill never be a Pittsburgh team (except for the pirates since they could use the help)

and people are like that online for every game, they dont care about playing REAL whatever you are playing they will find a way to exploit some part of the game

BehindSteelCurtain
01-16-2009, 11:34 AM
It's usually a QB so I'm gonna say Rivers, Brees, Ryan.

ShutDown24
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
dont feel weird, thats my favorite part of it too, generally thats wat ill do too after i get a little bored of the sometime bullcrap gameplay of madden, ill jus start a franchise and then jus build up my own dynasty. i do that in most of the sport games i do, and ill never be a Pittsburgh team (except for the pirates since they could use the help)

and people are like that online for every game, they dont care about playing REAL whatever you are playing they will find a way to exploit some part of the game

Yeah I never play with a Pittsburgh franchise either. I like playing as teams that need ultimate rebuilding.

steelpride12
01-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I have always played with the Steelers on Madden, im good with them, and I like showing off my team!

Fordy
01-18-2009, 12:17 PM
I just bought a PS2 and started getting back into video games. im 34 and havent played them since i was a kid on super nintendo(i used to love nba jam, tecmo bowl, and zelda) anyway I bought madden 2003 for 99 cents and madden 08 for 14 bucks. I actually enjoy the 2003 version better believe it or not:noidea:

KeiselPower99
01-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I like the older madden games cause of the NFL Europe teams are on there.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I like the older madden games cause of the NFL Europe teams are on there.

And because they don't suck...

Lock Down
01-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Ah! i was tempted to re-buy Madden 09, i kind of miss just playing a football game and being the Steelers, but i know i will probably regret it if i do.

As for next years cover, i think the Cowboys are doing a nice job of unraveling without the need of a curse.

Peterson looks a good choice.

Justin Otstott
02-01-2009, 07:08 AM

Lmao no you just suck. Duh. I find Madden to be easy and when playing on all madden the com gets 17 if that.

SC Steeler Steve
02-01-2009, 07:43 AM
I love playing madden. But it comes in fazes. I will go on s strectch where I play daily then I go on a stretch where I dont play for a long time. I guess I mostly play during football season. But I love the progression of the game.

Franco32Harris
02-01-2009, 08:59 AM
This year in madden sucks and does not make any sense. To be successful in madden this year especially online you have to play zone all the time if you play man you will be screwed by a crossing route and get burnt for a big play. It gets boring picking the same zone plays over and over and when you blitz most offensive lines are godly and it is very difficult to get any sacks in my Steeler seasons I'm lucky if I have more then 10 sacks.

On another note I picked up Madden 06 for PS2 last week and it is a lot more fun to play and there was a lot of stuff to do in the game that is missing now. I enjoy collecting madden cards and completing all of the mini camps.

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 04:08 AM
I do miss the Madden cards and the special teams the Tiburon guys invented--the Mummies, the Roman Centurions, the Aztecs, the Country Marshalls, the Frankenstein Monsters, etc. Oh, I can't forget the Sugarbuzz Cereal Guys. Plus the throwback teams like the 85 Bears, the 88 49ers, and so on. For the $60 you plunk down for the game, you expect a few extra frills.

SteelCurtain7
02-02-2009, 04:11 AM
I love playing madden. But it comes in fazes. I will go on s strectch where I play daily then I go on a stretch where I dont play for a long time. I guess I mostly play during football season. But I love the progression of the game.

Me too. It's possible to get in a "Madden rut." I plan on playing till M2K10 comes out in August though. :tt:

Hannity_on_Holmes
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Santonio holmes is gonna get a nice boost in his stats for Madden 2010. Can not wait to smoke some trees and DB's with holmes. HAHAHA.
limas sweed will still prolly be whatever he is now. he has got to step up his game.

Godfather
02-03-2009, 10:21 PM
All I know is they better have Ben's awareness and agility both at 99 or EA loses all credibility :tt02:

steelpride12
02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
I play between Madden and NHL both games are amazing, but if I stop playing one for a long time I start blowing ha!

NEPAsteeler
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I can't wait to see how they have the Steelers ranked in the game and how they hike up the "stats" for our players. It'll be interesting to see.

lilyoder6
02-06-2009, 08:22 PM
i bet they will def increase woodly stats a whole bunch.. i beleive he was like a 79 in the game

SteelCurtain7
02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I will be doing some tweaking of these players' attributes once I resume playing. :tt:

roethlisbergerUK
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
On the cover i,d love to see either Troy P,Ben R,James H or Willie P.They gotta put a Steeler on the cover in tribute to the 6th win.

Aslong as it is,nt a Ratbird,Bungle or Clown then i don,t really care if it,s not a Steeler..Just not our rivals.

steelpride12
02-08-2009, 07:35 PM
On the cover i,d love to see either Troy P,Ben R,James H or Willie P.They gotta put a Steeler on the cover in tribute to the 6th win.

Aslong as it is,nt a Ratbird,Bungle or Clown then i don,t really care if it,s not a Steeler..Just not our rivals.

If a Steeler would be on it would either be Harrison for DPOTY, Holmes for Super Bowl 43 MVP, or Troy for well being Troy! Remember im a true believer of the Madden curse, so if no Steeler makes it I wont lose any sleep.

lilyoder6
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
to end the cowboys organization as we know it.. put a cowboy on there.. i say tony romo

SteelCurtain7
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Or TO.

ricksteelers55
04-13-2009, 04:32 AM
what happen if they put Al Davis ? is he going to die?

NEPAsteeler
04-13-2009, 07:21 AM
what happen if they put Al Davis ? is he going to die?

I thought he was dead already but then got a rude awakening when the Raiders gave more over-paying contracts out to people. :noidea: :flap: