PDA

View Full Version : Steeler packrats!

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 05:38 PM
what is your most prized piece of Steelers memorabilia or merchandise?

i have a Todd McFarlane NFL Legends Sports Picks of Franco Harris still in the package, fair condition...autographed. it's hanging up on my wall. someday i hope to get a glass case for it.

i also have an ORIGINAL record (remember those) of the soundtrack to the 1969 Pirates with Bing Crosby and Paul Long (remember him...Pittsburgh residents should). i got it at an antique store for 8 dollars. i can guarantee it's worth more than that. =)

what goodies do you guys have?

NYC SteelersFan
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
What's the point of this thread? You selling the items?

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
What's the point of this thread? You selling the items?

You see what I mean. All negative all the time.

MACH1
12-16-2008, 06:18 PM
I'd get the new Willie and Ben but their stats suck. :rolleyes:

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 06:18 PM

i have a Todd McFarlane NFL Legends Sports Picks of Franco Harris still in the package, fair condition...autographed. it's hanging up on my wall. someday i hope to get a glass case for it.

i also have an ORIGINAL record (remember those) of the soundtrack to the 1969 Pirates with Bing Crosby and Paul Long (remember him...Pittsburgh residents should). i got it at an antique store for 8 dollars. i can guarantee it's worth more than that. =)

I have every rookie card from the 70's SuperBowl teams. Umm I wish I had more autographed items. I do have an autographed Miller jersey which is freaking awesome. I have a Steelers black pool ball. I also have an un-opened Iron City Beer can of Lambert and Bleier. And I bought the Danbary Mint gold super bowl cards from 05'. Took forever to get them all. The collection is finally complete as of 3 months ago.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 06:19 PM
I'd get the new Willie and Ben but their stats suck. :rolleyes:

:laughing:

NYC SteelersFan
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I have every rookie card from the 70's SuperBowl teams. Umm I wish I had more autographed items. I do have an autographed Miller jersey which is freaking awesome. I have a Steelers black pool ball. I also have an un-opened Iron City Beer can of Lambert and Bleier. And I bought the Danbary Mint gold super bowl cards from 05'. Took forever to get them all. The collection is finally complete as of 3 months ago.

I just don't understand the point of the thread? What is it? Just to discuss Steelers memorabilia?

MACH1
12-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I just don't understand the point of the thread? What is it? Just to discuss Steelers memorabilia?

Just to piss you off. :cheer:

Back on topic. I have a pair of game used shoes autographed by Hines, with the dried on mud and grass still on them.

NYC SteelersFan
12-16-2008, 06:39 PM

Back on topic. I have a pair of game used shoes autographed by Hines, with the dried on mud and grass still on them.

Makes sense, thanks.

GO STEELERS MEMORABILIA WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

SoCalSteelersFan
12-16-2008, 06:40 PM
My authentic Troy Polamalu jersey. Next up is a Hines Ward jersey for me.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 06:40 PM

Ahh dude that is really cool. When he gets in the Hall they will be priceless. Not that you would sell them. :helmet:

Hammer Of The GODS
12-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I have the bong they found with the 6 lbs of pot in Bam Morris' trunk! Signed and everything!

Seriously though, I have a 13" x 14" piece of 3 Rivers Turf, and also a signed Steelers jersey that Jerome Bettis signed while I was wearing it. Plus all the "standard" Steelers stuff thats all over my house, in my closet, and on my truck. I even have a Steelers helmet mailbox!

I try to stop buying suff but I can't.............:chuckle:

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
I have the bong they found with the 6 lbs of pot in Bam Morris' trunk! Signed and everything!

Seriously though, I have a 13" x 14" piece of 3 Rivers Turf, and also a signed Steelers jersey that Jerome Bettis signed while I was wearing it. Plus all the "standard" Steelers stuff thats all over my house, in my closet, and on my truck. I even have a Steelers helmet mailbox!

I try to stop buying suff but I can't.............:chuckle:

HAHA! i understand. every weekend it sesems like i buy something new and it just piles up and piles up. i even have christmas ornaments and dog jerseys! it's really retarded! haha!

i don't have anything TOO serious...but i have a shit ton of knick knacks and whatnot that i wouldn't sell for the wold. =)

i like to see that SOME people know how to take a thread lightly and play along. some people want to bust chops way too much.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
HAHA! i understand. every weekend it sesems like i buy something new and it just piles up and piles up. i even have christmas ornaments and dog jerseys! it's really retarded! haha!

i don't have anything TOO serious...but i have a shit ton of knick knacks and whatnot that i wouldn't sell for the wold. =)

i like to see that SOME people know how to take a thread lightly and play along. some people want to bust chops way too much.

you got that right homie.:helmet:

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 07:34 PM
you got that right homie.:helmet:

thanks dawg. =)

i want to meet Hines Ward...want to come with me!?

PisnNapalm
12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
I received a coin set a couple years ago. My wife had it mounted and framed for me. I love it.

http://www.pisnnapalm.com/coinsframed.jpg

I've got 8 McFarlane figures hanging on the wall above my desk and 9 hats hanging on the wall to the left of my desk. I enjoy the leather ball caps the most. I've got 6 of them. 2 of them are Super Bowl XL Champs hats.

I've got too much stuff to list, but those above are my favorites.

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 08:32 PM
thanks dawg. =)

i want to meet Hines Ward...want to come with me!?

Hell yeah!:tt03:

43Hitman
12-16-2008, 08:33 PM
PisnNapalm that coin set is really cool. Where did your wife get those?

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 08:36 PM

i agree. that is really cool. -- i couldn't even venture a guess on how to go about getting one of those things. haha!

my Uncle has all of the ORIGINAL newspaper clippings from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette from every year they won the Super Bowl...framed and sealed...near mint condition. then again, he's f*cking loaded and has money to burn of stuff. haha!

i want a Steelers tattoo...i think that'd say enough. right?

SteelCityKing
12-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Hell yeah!:tt03:

i wish i knew people who knew people. haha!

my girlfriends...best friends...uncle is Jack Lambert. i want to meet him. but he's a total recluse and hates talking about the good old days. i just want to say, "Mr. Lambert, will you sign my action figure and Terrible Towel!? you'll never have to see me again." haha!

PisnNapalm
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM

They were issued by the Post-Gazette after the XL win. Each year the PG does a coin/collectible of some kind. My mom-in-law gets them for me each year. I've got 2 sets I still need to get mounted and a 3rd on the way. :):tt02:

Stu Pidasso
12-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Seriously though, I have a 13" x 14" piece of 3 Rivers Turf,

So do I! It's about 14" x 14". I also have a vintage 1970's helmet with about 19 autographs from some of the Legends on it. And Eric Greene. :)

nicesteel4life
12-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I've got over 500 autographed steelers photos, been collecting since I was a kid BUT I have 4 things I wouldn't trade for the world!!!
1. Art Rooney Signed 50th anniversary envelope that I got when I was little, It's cost me $150 to have it professionaly framed. I've been offered $1500 and turned it down
2. Seat from 3 rivers signed by 15
3. Jerome bettis signed Mini inscribed "the bus stops here" XL Champs!
4. Signed 75th Anniversary envelope signed by Art Rooney III, got it after training camp this year. He was walking up eating a icecream cone, told him the story of how I had his grandfathers auto on the 50th, asked if he would sign my 75th, He was like thats cool sure no problem...They look awesome together on my office wall.

PLUS I have 42 current players on individual signed 8x10's going arpound as a border in my office.

OH wait last cool item I got this year at camp as well was a nate washington glove, then he signed it. My son got one of his shoes!!!! He signed it as well!

cowboykilla
12-16-2008, 11:21 PM
My favorite Steelers possession is a Jack Ham Upper Deck Sweet Spot card with a autographed plastic helmet made into the card. Sweeet. :tt02:

stlrtruck
12-17-2008, 09:05 AM
My brother, a few years ago, got me an autographed Terry Bradshaw picture. It still sits in the package it came in because I don't have a frame for it and my Steelers room doesn't take form until after the oldest one moves out (permanently)

SteelMember
12-17-2008, 09:31 AM
A Riddell, Pro-line Helmet with the autographs of..."The Steel Curtain"

Joe Greene, L.C. Greenwood, Dwight White, Ernie Holmes

in an awesome glass display case...ahh, My Shrine.

markymarc
12-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Anything with Super Bowl XL on it.

LVSteelersfan
12-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Only signed thing I have I got just this past weekend. Mike Merriweather was at the Steelers bar in Las Vegas and he signed my homemade laminated sign that says Steelers Rock on it. I have a big Steelers banner, a Steelers clock, a Steelers mini helmet, a Steelers nutcracker, a Steelers penant, and a Steelers hard hat in my inner sanctum. Not a lot for a diehard Steelers fan, but they are all treasures.

The_WARDen
12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I have an LP containing the 70's SB game highlights as broadcast by Myron & the boys, my authentic white Roethlisberger jersey with the SB patch, and a Mean Joe Greene statuette of his Coke commercial.

:tt03:

steelersfanman92
12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
The only autographs I have are a Cedrick Wilson and Charlie Batch

Its not much but I an hoping to get more soon

MDSteel15
12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I have a rookie card of almost every Steeler from Terry Bradshaw to Walter Abercrombie to Mike Humphal! But my most cherished memorabilia is the ticket stub from my first Steeler game ever! It was the first game at Heinz when all the old greats came out and were introduced to the fans.... what a great day!

KeiselPower99
12-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I have a wall of Steeler items. My favorite is a Super Bowl 13 champs banner. Ive had it since I was a lil kid. I also have my stubs from the games Ive been too and over 2000 Steeler cards. Also have a few Starting Lineup figures od bubby Brister Louis Lipps Rod Woodson and Brian Hinkle.

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Go to your local Steeler Sideline store and you will be sure to see me in a memorable framed photo. During the 9-11 season when that Pats came into town for the AFCC game. I was selected as the one to carry the national colors out to the center emblem for the national anthem dressed in full dress blues. There were rows of the other branches of services behind me with smaller flags, but the Marine Corps represented...as always. I finally got myself a framed copy of it last year during the Christmas holiday. I have nearly $10,000.00 invested into Steeler memorabilia but that one stands out as the most sacred. The photo has the jets doing their fly over Heinz field during the national anthem.

lambertlunaticfan
12-18-2008, 07:00 PM
hi there-my prized steeler item,is basically my steelers room,i have alot of odd ball items,and signed items,like pictures,mini helmets,footballs and full size helmets.and even a pair of seats from three rivers stadium,the only game used item i have,is a pair of gloves signed and given to me by brett keisel....but i guess if i was to pick just one item,it would be the 16x20 picture of jack lambert that i got signed by him,when i met him at the super bowl reunion show they did in pittsburgh with members from all the super bowl win teams.....im just very proud of my collection,even though its not as much as it used to be,as i've been selling off my collection cause of these tough times to help my family,this collection still remains my pride and joy.......:tt:

43Hitman
12-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Go to your local Steeler Sideline store and you will be sure to see me in a memorable framed photo. During the 9-11 season when that Pats came into town for the AFCC game. I was selected as the one to carry the national colors out to the center emblem for the national anthem dressed in full dress blues. There were rows of the other branches of services behind me with smaller flags, but the Marine Corps represented...as always. I finally got myself a framed copy of it last year during the Christmas holiday. I have nearly $10,000.00 invested into Steeler memorabilia but that one stands out as the most sacred. The photo has the jets doing their fly over Heinz field during the national anthem.

Thank-you and God Bless you for your service to our country.:cooldude:

Polamalu43
12-18-2008, 07:19 PM

I got a terry bradshaw autographed jersey!!

SCSTILLER
12-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Avoid LLoyd 1975, great honor and thank you.

As for my most prized posession. When I was flying a USO tour back in 2000 to the middle east and Bosnia, I got to hang out with Terry Bradshaw and get a picture with him along with several autographed hats (great xmas gifts for the family). Also had Mr. Bradshaw buy me a few drinks at the Hofbrau house in Munich, Germany (we were flying out of Munich).

On a side note and not trying to steal the thread, but when Terry Bradshaw was signing my hats I asked him if Franco really caught the ball from the Immaculate Reception. His replay cracked me up, he said "how the hell would I know, I was too busy dragging my a$$ off the turf"

Hapa
12-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Makes sense, thanks.

GO STEELERS MEMORABILIA WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

way to be a poop head.

I have a Home Replica Hines Ward jersey and a throwback replica Polamalu :D

Nothing special but I still <3 them

Hammer Of The GODS
12-18-2008, 11:05 PM

VERY cool. Any chance you can post a picture?

Avoid LLoyd1975
12-20-2008, 03:57 PM
VERY cool. Any chance you can post a picture?

I just moved back in November and have all of my personal things still boxed and packaged up until I get settled. I am staying with my family at the present moment. I will post one when I dig it out.

SteelCityKing
12-20-2008, 04:35 PM
My most prized possession (this is really dumb) is my ticket stub from October '98 against the Ravens.
That was Hines Ward's rookie year and it seemed like I was one of the only 2 guys in the city who saw what he was going to become (the other guy being John Steigerwald).
I went down to that game and had them paint an "86" on my face (they modified it from the Bettis template) and everyone's going "who's that?"
I'd tell 'em, and they'd all say "never heard of him." I'd say "Don't worry; you will."

Yelled myself hoarse (30 yd line on the Ravens' side) and had a great time. :tt03:

I have some other stuff worth more, but that ticket stub has memories :D

that's awesome bro. i still got the stubs from my first game. it was 2007 against the Ravens in Baltimore. granted, it wasn't that long ago...but it was still my first game. i had my brand spankin new Polamalu jersey on and i was afraid to get a beer shower or a hot dog smack...but i lucked out. i ended up getting kicked out of the game for arguing with a heckler who threatened to kill us, it sucked, but it sure was memorable. =)

Benzbrother
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
that's awesome bro. i still got the stubs from my first game. it was 2007 against the Ravens in Baltimore. granted, it wasn't that long ago...but it was still my first game. i had my brand spankin new Polamalu jersey on and i was afraid to get a beer shower or a hot dog smack...but i lucked out. i ended up getting kicked out of the game for arguing with a heckler who threatened to kill us, it sucked, but it sure was memorable. =)

I'm with you guys on that one. Still have the ticket stub from my first game (05 vs. Bengals). I'll never forget turning to my girlfriend and saying "well thats it, we just screwed ourselves out of a playoff spot" when the Bungals beat us. But I think we all know about the improbable comeback that ensued following that game....GO STEELERS!!!:tt:

nojobny
02-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a post card that Art Rooney Jr wrote to me. He even addressed it himself. I just about fell over in my mailroom when I got it.

For a man of his position to take to time to write me a personalized note just shows why so many are so loyal to the Rooney's. Class act, all the way.

Big7BenHOF
02-09-2009, 09:16 PM
I have a Jack Lambert jersey I got signed by him, with pictures of him signing it.

KeiselPower99
02-09-2009, 10:41 PM
The local newspaper here had full page posters of players during the week of the Super Bowl. Needless to say they were saved and ready to be hung in my Steeler room.

NJarhead
02-09-2009, 10:42 PM
My authentic Greg Lloyd jersey

xFreeWord420x
02-10-2009, 01:43 AM
You see what I mean. All negative all the time.

If you were from a place that has rats the size of dogs, you might be negative all the time too.

xFreeWord420x
02-10-2009, 01:54 AM
My Jerome Bettis signed Jersey..

I have a picture of my dad, Lambert, and Ham from back in the 70's.. My dad in his MP uniform, and they both signed it "To Mike"... which luckily Ima Jr. =P

Also, just about every steelers autograph from 97-01.. cept Kordell's because his head was huge!

Many pieces of Three Rivers.. A Seat, turf, and some other stuff.. Ticket Stubs from first game ever in Heinz field and PNC park. My father worked on both of them(He is a union ironworker also).

My signed ticket stubbs to the 99 AFCG against the Broncos. Signed by Cowher.

Galax Steeler
02-10-2009, 04:35 AM
I have an autographed picture of Holmes.

Harris32
02-10-2009, 12:55 PM
The only autographed item i have is Kordell jersey...i know, not that great BUT how I got it is funny.

My mom, who is the sweetest lil'old Italian lady you will ever see, is also a rabid Steelers fan. She will go right up to anyone and everyone with a Steelers shirt or hat on and just start talkin football to em. It surpises the heck out of most younger fans when a older lady knows as much or more about the Steelers then they do! She even heckles rival teams wearers...esp Pats fans, she hates them with a passion!

Anyways...one day, back in Kordells 2nd year with us, she was in the grocery store and sees a guy wearing a Kordell jersey. She strikes up a convo with him and soon realizes this guys knows nothing about the Steeers at all! He only had the jersey because his brother lives in Pittsburgh. He said the jersey was auto'd during training camp in his rookie year. She ended up convincing the guy to give her the jersey right off his back right in the store!!

Benzbrother
02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
The only autographed item i have is Kordell jersey...i know, not that great BUT how I got it is funny.

My mom, who is the sweetest lil'old Italian lady you will ever see, is also a rabid Steelers fan. She will go right up to anyone and everyone with a Steelers shirt or hat on and just start talkin football to em. It surpises the heck out of most younger fans when a older lady knows as much or more about the Steelers then they do! She even heckles rival teams wearers...esp Pats fans, she hates them with a passion!

Anyways...one day, back in Kordells 2nd year with us, she was in the grocery store and sees a guy wearing a Kordell jersey. She strikes up a convo with him and soon realizes this guys knows nothing about the Steeers at all! He only had the jersey because his brother lives in Pittsburgh. He said the jersey was auto'd during training camp in his rookie year. She ended up convincing the guy to give her the jersey right off his back right in the store!!

:rofl: wow your mom sounds like a smooth talke -- and a pretty cool lady! lol good story

7SteelGal43
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
well, my fave Steeler item is prolly my VERY old Steelers sweatshirt. It's comfy, well worn, used to be black but now it's a nice slate gray LOL, anyway, out of all my Steelers stuff, it's been with me sooooo long and I just love it.

Carolina Steelers
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
My ticket stub from my 1st Steelers gm this yr Sept 7. versus the Texans. Never forget what it was like to walk up to the Stadium in a sea of Black & Gold. Also have a Hines Ward autograph mini-helmet. I also have a Gold Steeler Pendant I wear on my rope chain.

JoeLion
02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Terry Bradshaw autographed jersey, Rocky Blier autographed football and Franco Harris autographed helmet.
The 70's backfield!

Steelerstrength
02-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I too, have plenty of Steelers gear. But, the three things of personal value are my James Harrison autographed mini throwback helmet, my personalized authentic jersey (my own name and favorite number 69!! that I've had since about '95 or so), and my hat collection. (currently at 28, with two more on order) The hats hang in my office, along with my "You're In Steelers Country" banner! Oh, my fourth fave is the Fathead helmet that I received as a gift for x-mas, back in '04. It graces the wall below my staircase of my home.

SteelCityKing
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I too, have plenty of Steelers gear. But, the three things of personal value are my James Harrison autographed mini throwback helmet, my personalized authentic jersey (my own name and favorite number 69!! that I've had since about '95 or so), and my hat collection. (currently at 28, with two more on order) The hats hang in my office, along with my "You're In Steelers Country" banner! Oh, my fourth fave is the Fathead helmet that I received as a gift for x-mas, back in '04. It graces the wall below my staircase of my home.

i would LOVE to get a Fathead. i'd get a Polamalu one if i could.

i've gathered up A LOT of junk over the last season or two. i have 550 piece puzzles...glued and framed. A LOT of pennants and teeshirts. the collection just keeps getting bigger and bigger. i love it. i want more. i want to paint my walls white with a yellow stripe the whole way around in the middle of the room. i'm THAT big of a dork! haha!

JEFF4i
02-11-2009, 12:35 PM
My Steelers ball signed by the entire 2008 team, :)

TeeJay
02-22-2009, 04:54 AM
My unopened Steelers Monopoly!! It's not all glamour and autographs you know! And I still don't even know if it's a complete set!! I could'ave been ripped off!

Although I have to add, my all time favourite, talking of autographs, and totally not Steeler related, has to be my signed pic of James Coburn. That takes pride of place on my stairs............not on my stairs obviously, but on the wall, as you go up my stairs! He's sandwiched between Natasha Henstridge and Alyson Hannigan....so I'm sure he's liking that! :wink02: