PDA

View Full Version : We should able to F UP!!!! the Titans run defense.

Hapa
12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Albert Haynesworth (although a great pass rusher), is the larger, run stopping DT of the 2 DTs on the Titan's defense.

He is known as the "3 technique" while T. Brown, the other DT is known as the "1 technique.

If Pitt does a double TE set (which they have been a lot)

__LB______LB____LB
E_____T____ T________E
_E__T__G__C__G__T__E

Haynesworth is the T on the left, shading the guard on the outside. He is out, and so is his backup. Therefore, a backup DE!!! A 270 pound man, 6'5''!!!! Is starting at the position.

They won't line up like this every time, but they definitely will at some point. They might move the 1 tech to 3 tech and the backup DE to 1 tech.

We should be able to dominate the run game just by attacking wherever he lines up.

James

tyler289
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM
No Haynesworth or Vanden Bosch = a good running game for the Steelers.

Hopefully.

DACEB
12-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Great point Hapa. It would be nice to see us attack an opponents weakness. I'm curious to see if we do try to take advantage of that.

Steely McSmash
12-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Things are looking up!

If we can force the Titans to have to pass and we can just run up the gut it'll be a beautiful game.

markymarc
12-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I will be very disappointed if FWP and Moore can't get the ground game going this weekend with Haynesworth, Bosch and the backup DL player out on Sunday. Then maybe we could actually break out a play action pass again.

revefsreleets
12-18-2008, 12:40 PM
The Jets tore them up when they were at full strength.

Steelers run game > Jets run game (When we commit to it)

I expect us to run all over the Titans regardless of their personel.

TackleMeBen
12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
but wouldnt you rather beat them at full strength???? (ok i am running now, so i dont get killed..lol)

i think the jets just got lucky(i hate those jets)

#1LambertFan
12-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Albert Haynesworth (although a great pass rusher), is the larger, run stopping DT of the 2 DTs on the Titan's defense.

He is known as the "3 technique" while T. Brown, the other DT is known as the "1 technique.

__LB______LB____LB
E_____T____ T________E
_E__T__G__C__G__T__E

Haynesworth is the T on the left, shading the guard on the outside. He is out, and so is his backup. Therefore, a backup DE!!! A 270 pound man, 6'5''!!!! Is starting at the position.

They won't line up like this every time, but they definitely will at some point. They might move the 1 tech to 3 tech and the backup DE to 1 tech.

We should be able to dominate the run game just by attacking wherever he lines up.

James

A question Hapa. How old are you? I heard you were talking about doing something for school and it didn't sound like college. I just had to ask because it is great to hear a younger person studying the game so much. It'd be nice to see one of our own as a reporter for espn or nfl network and replace some of them jaded anti-steelers reporters that currently work there.

Dino 6 Rings
12-18-2008, 12:48 PM
but wouldnt you rather beat them at full strength???? (ok i am running now, so i dont get killed..lol)

i think the jets just got lucky(i hate those jets)

LMAO!

Good thing you ran off!

revefsreleets
12-18-2008, 12:53 PM
I always want the team we play at full strength. My point was we would run all over them either way.

If things go the way they definitely might, we'll find out in the playoffs.

Tankus_Maximus
12-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Looks like time for Kemoeatu to step up and become the "road-grader" he was touted as. I look for 100+ yds for either FWP or Memo.

Hit 'em again, again, again, and again...and when in doubt...hit 'em again!

The Duke
12-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Two straight good rushing performances could give our runningbacks some momentum heading into the playoffs. Not taking anything for granted though, that titans defense can still shutdown willie and moore

I believe they will have a good day, nothing extraordinary though. Then next week we hopefully see a lot of Russell running over the brownies :tt03:

Polamalu43
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM

__LB______LB____LB
E_____T____ T________E
_E__T__G__C__G__T__E

James

that's were we gotta attack the titans sunday. We can run up the middle with no haynesworth or sides with no Vandenbosch . we should have a good running game come sunday. :chuckle:

Steel_Bus_24
12-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Im sorry but I don't have any faith in our run game after witnessing that Thursday Night game against the Bengals. We couldn't block our way out of a wet paper bag.

They have to show me they can do it. If not our games will always be close. But if we do, then look out B***es:tt03:

steelpride12
12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Well it won't be an easy task at all. We should have ran all over Cincy and Indy, but we had a very poor performance against both in the run so who knows how it will perform.

Hapa
12-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Well it won't be an easy task at all. We should have ran all over Cincy and Indy, but we had a very poor performance against both in the run so who knows how it will perform.

Yea I couldn't believe Indy contained our run game.

Their DTs are smaller than their DEs.

Steeldude
12-21-2008, 03:53 PM
this is why they play the games. a beaten up titans' D-line is completely crushing the steelers" extremely weak O-line.

Tim
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I can't tell you guys how annoying it is to see Willie dive into the pile. I miss the old Willie that had a little burst to him.

I know the O-line isn't opening any holes, but Willie can't even get around the corners any more, hell, he's not even trying.

xbroughneck
12-21-2008, 04:34 PM
We expect tight ends to block, and the tight ends aren't good blockers.

No fullback means it's ALL on the tight ends and offensive line. If there is a weak run blocker on the Oline (like the Steelers right guard), then there are going to be a lot of no gain runs like the Steelers saw today.

Folks. Our run game is worse than it was last year and it's not going to get better until Mike Tomlin decides he wants it to get better (fire Arians).

This year we're stuck with what we got.

NO balance and teams not worrying about our run game at all.