PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fans Having a Little Fun (at Ravens’ Expense)

mesaSteeler
12-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Steelers Fans Having a Little Fun (at Ravens’ Expense)
By Holly Brubach
http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/17/steelers-fans-finally-having-a-little-fun/

With all the weekly reminders that the Pittsburgh Steelers have the hardest schedule in the N.F.L. this season, Steelers fans have been keeping a tight lid on their expectations. But after the team clinched the division and a first-round bye last Sunday with a win in Baltimore, a few fans permitted themselves a moment of gloating before hunkering back down for this weekend’s match-up against the Titans.

On Penn Avenue in the Strip District, where street vendors sell black-and-gold striped socks, toggle caps and team jerseys, a gift shop called Art of Steel posts a daily joke on a sandwich board out front.

The sign one day this week: “What do you call 40 guys watching the Super Bowl on television?

The Baltimore Ravens.”

Fire Haley
12-17-2008, 09:08 PM
I've spent the week on the ratnest board helping them get over their devastating loss.

They haven't banned me yet.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-17-2008, 11:42 PM
[The sign one day this week: “What do you call 40 guys watching the Super Bowl on television?

The Cleveland Browns.”

Fixed it for you.

Stu Pidasso
12-18-2008, 01:16 AM
“What do you call 40 guys serving the Patriots* drinks and food watching the Super Bowl on television?

The Cleveland Browns.”

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it again.

Rek
12-18-2008, 02:56 AM
I do believe it should be:

“What do you call 40 girls watching the Super Bowl on television?"

:tt:

stlrtruck
12-18-2008, 09:02 AM
I was a guest on a ratbird message board yesterday and their freakin' wailing, crying, bitchin' and moanin' like a little school girl had me rolling on the floor!!!

It's amazing how them losing to the Steelers just brings them back down to earth!

memphissteelergirl
12-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Mods...we need a smiley doing a rimshot on drums for such a thread as this...:chuckle:

Fire Haley
12-18-2008, 10:46 AM
They are STILL crying in their beers.

It's hilarious. Their team just gave up a 92 yd drive, and they whine about the last 6 inches.

stlrtruck
12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
They are STILL crying in their beers.

It's hilarious. Their team just gave up a 92 yd drive, and they whine about the last 6 inches.

I'm sorry but I have to correct you. Whining is what my 3 year old does when she doesn't get her way. What the ratbird fans are doing constitutes far more than what their pulling in baltimoronville!

markymarc
12-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Funny stuff.